Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

When referring to things ‘femme’ it is often described as ‘pink’ (pink fog, etc.). In a place where we continually discuss and challenge gender stereotypes, is associating a colour with a genetic sex not sterotyping? If this is the case, what do you think we could use instead? Tammy.X

It seems to me you answered your own question.  Femme or feminine works just fine.

But then again I have nothing against using “PINK” as part of any description. Pink is in association with femininity as much as Blue is in association with masculinity. Make life simple, it’s more fun!

So you have no problem with sexual stereotyping then, is what you are saying.

Pink is pink, It stands for many things. Blue is blue it too stands for many things. Politics is political, which I don’t do.

Lisa Leigh – So you have no problem with sexual stereotyping then, is what you are saying?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Isshe.

You saw my reply, you changed yours it seems,

[postquote quote=662641]

I didn’t and still don’t really understand how to reply to you personally as it is upside down when it goes in the thread. I merely put your name at the start so it could be seen that I was addressing you, and amended none of the content, as you can see.

[postquote quote=662640]

Then why try to bring politics into this? It has absolutely zero to do with the original question that I asked. Trying to obfuscate doesn’t avtually add anything to the debate, does it?

Anonymous

Tammy,

I personally don’t think everything should be unisex. Yes, I believe pink is a feminine color. Can girls wear blue and still be girly? Absolutely. Can boys wear pink and still be manly? Why, yes.

However, all things being equal, I prefer pink panties to blue ones. That’s not to say that if I was given a sexy pair of lacy, blue tongas or bikinis, I’d throw them in the trash. Oops, there I go again. Lacy = feminine.

I think you’re overthinking this issue.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve always looked upon pink as a gentle soothing color.  A very unaggresive color, you could say.

One that is supposed to relax people.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?