• Creator
    Topic
    stephanie plumb
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 152
    Replies: 2073

What follows is a fun look at what those of us who have accumulated a wardrobe are confronted with when we have had no time to think ahead – and a lesson for you girls who haven’t yet built up your collection.

Sometimes we have a clear and itemised picture of what we want to wear and go straight to the chosen outfit. But often (and I’m talking about me here), haven’t really thought about it.

Choice. If choosing between two items it is relatively straightforward even if your indecision causes you to vacillate. This one? Or this one?  Mmmm…. I think I prefer this one. On the other hand… I quite like this one.

But given multiple choice is when the problem of indecision can really get out of hand. Too much choice can be a huge time waster, and often causes us to constantly swap outfits as we struggle to get it right.

I  did a poll some months ago entitled “Underwear or outerwear first”.  The  main result was 79 votes for underwear first and 31 for outerwear first, so I will go with the majority.  So off we go then………

We are short of time…. a window of dressing opportunity has suddenly become possible. We have a couple of hours of bliss to look forward to.

“Click”.  The door shuts.  Hurry!  So off we go, your wardrobe is your oyster.  So lets get dressed!   But what are we to wear?  We have no plan.  There is so much choice.

So, first let’s choose which panties to wear.  Easy you say.  But is it?  An image of the 30 pairs you own flashes through your mind in a kaleidoscope of styles and colours and desirability.  But which to choose?  It’s underwear so it can’t be seen.  But that depends….  if I am going to wear my sheer white blouse  (undecided) then I will have to wear a white bra, so the panties should ideally match.  On the other hand the black ones with the big purple polka dots are my current favourite, and I have a matching bra.  But I’ve worn those several times lately and they really need a wash.  Okay… the tight white lacy ones…. but wait…. I love them, but they don’t hold everything in place – sometimes one pops out the side – and I don’t want to wear a gaff.  Right then, the black sexy lace ones.  Decision made. Then that little nagging doubt sets in – have I made the right choice?  Perhaps I should wear some I haven’t worn for a while?  I have some nice pink ones somewhere.  Mmmm…. they would look good under my pink a-line skirt, but I don’t know if I am going to wear that today.   Back to the black – for now………..

Now the bra.  Again images of the 20 or so I own parade through my brain. This is easy. I should really match them with my black bra.  I have several which are either plain black, or black with a pattern – like the one with an animal print on the cups and lovely pink edged shoulder straps.   Or the purple polka dots. But what cup size?   What size forms do I fancy today?  I’m in an F- cup mood.  That limits my choice down to 8.   Needs to be a full-coverage bra too……  so the plain but sexy lace edged F-cup bra it is then.   It will match with the panties I have tentatively chosen.

Which forms?  The original teardrops?  The triangular ones? These are very vesatile. Several differnet looks are possible if one rotates them in the bra.   Or the teardrops with the “fuller figure” look – they are wider than the standard ones.  I consider each in turn…  the teardrops give a bit of a (more realistic?)  droopy look.   Not those then.  What about my round pert ones?  No, only have a cup size up to D.  I’m kind of drawn to them though.   They should be okay in that bra.   Mmmmm choices… choices.  Eventually I settle on the triangles.

Okay, that’s the underwear sorted… except I haven’t decided if I’m going bare-legged or not.

Tick… tock… tick…. tock…. the window of opportunity is getting smaller.  I look outside. It is a warm summer day.   Perfect for a strappy summer dress – even if I am not actually going outside.   But which one?   The navy and white polka dot mini-dress with the knotted bodice … I love it…… or the new red one with tiny black polka-dots and the ruched top with spaghetti straps?   I love bare shoulders!   Or my lightweight blue one with the pretty white and yellow flowers and a cross-over front?

Trouble is …  I would have to wear a different bra…. because I will have to wear smaller forms or they will be peeking over the top. None of my summer dresses are styled for the larger girl.  And the flowery cross-over dress gapes a bit with a cup size larger than C.    Maybe my white with blue flowers balcony bra with my 2XL pert forms?    I could go bare legged too. White panties might be a better choice.

That pink skirt pops into my mind’s eye….  it is my current favourite.  And it will team well with my stripy white top that has a pink band around the hem.   Or my sheer gypsy-style blue blouse – the black bra will be okay with this,  and  my sumptuous black faux suede A-line mini skirt?

I glance out the window……   A lovely day best suited to a summery vibe. So summer dress it is then. Decisions. Decisions.    I opt for the navy polka dot mini-dress. It has thin straps so I can feel the cool air (from the window) on my shoulders.  Nagging doubts about the bra. Concentrate.

Nearly there.  All I have to choose now are the shoes and the wig……

Remind you of anybody?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 916

I do have that problem, even with time to think about it ahead of time. Then I finally get to the day I was going to dress… and I have to cancel due to (random irritating reason here)…

Bridgette

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 66
      Replies: 1374

Steph….

Very funny ….but also sad that your wife is back home before you have even sorted out which panties to wear!!!!

Grace xx

Katie Time
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 3, 2021
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 118

This is great Stephanie you’ve made my head spin. And so true, I usually end up with things thrown everywhere. 💕💋 Katie

4 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual

I decided to bring back this old post for another outing. There are lots of new girls who might find it amusing, and it might strike a chord with those of you that haven’t seen it before.  And also because I seem to be in the doldrums lately … I can’t think of anything to post about!

Windless, Stephanie P

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 27
      Replies: 926

Oh my goodness, I resemble these remarks…

For my recent Brighton trip, I foolishly packed all 6 of my glittery going out dresses. I thought I was being sensible, as I had no way of knowing in advance how I’d feel in the evening, and therefore which one I’d feel most comfortable in.

So when early evening came, I began sifting through the options whilst enjoying a relaxing drink with friends, but found myself going round in circles! What a dilemma – red, blue, green, choice of 2 black or the special gold one?

I put this dilemma to my friends and each came up with a different answer!

All in fun, of course, but, since one of the guys had come from Ireland and it was his birthday, I decided to go green.

Sometimes it helps to “ask the audience”. Or, I get by with a little help from my friends.

A girl shouldn’t suffer alone, lol!

Love Laura

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Sa•man•tha
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 474
      Replies: 1802

And there it is: The Tyranny of Choice!

Understanding this first-hand made me more forgiving of the women in my life, when we make plans and they show up two hours late.  They’re going thru the same thing.

Sometimes I’ll plan it out in my mind a day or two in advance but that doesn’t mean I don’t sometimes reconsider several times as I go!

Mainly I focus on the outerwear, because no one will see what I’m wearing underneath lol.  I do have to consider tho, how much I want the nipples (never) or pantylines (sometimes, maybe) to show when I’m out!

Okay… the tight white lacy ones…. but wait…. I love them, but they don’t hold everything in place – sometimes one pops out the side – and I don’t want to wear a gaff.

A couple pieces of good quality surgical tape helps a lot in this scenario!

The biggest problem I have in this arena is convincing myself to wear something new, because that represents an opportunity to ruin it by spilling food, beverage, makeup or God only knows whatever else on it lol so I have this tendency to recycle the same set of items that are already broken in.  Lately I’ve been trying to break myself of that fear! 🤣🤣

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual

But was it the sort of “Tyranny of choice” you were hoping for?  Did you think it might be more…. cerebral?

Sa•man•tha
          Managing Ambassador
          Registered On: January 21, 2018
          Topics: 474
          Replies: 1802

Tbh Stephanie I don’t really look at it like that…each one is like a flower with something different to offer…I do find the title interesting in it’s resolution between the apparent opposites of tyranny and choice…the story is illustrative & entertaining in a way we can all relate to!

Max Garcia
      Lady
      Registered On: August 11, 2018
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 75

I can’t tell you how many times I have this same conversation in my head either at with or on the way home from work! Even with a smaller wardrobe the possibilities seen to be endless. At this point in my dressing, I dont item any forms but I cycle though my bras and panties so much. Thank you Stephanie! This is very refreshing to be reminded that we all have these moments.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        Marilyn Elam
        Lady
        Registered On: September 2, 2019
        Topics: 1
        Replies: 8

Me too Honey.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account