- Stick on
- Push up
- Full coverage
- December 6, 2019 at 9:28 am #255323
- March 16, 2020 at 8:09 pm #326549
- March 13, 2020 at 10:59 am #325718
- March 3, 2020 at 2:21 pm #319868Helene BockLadyRegistered On: September 17, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 68Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 225 times
All my bras are underwired, they fit me best. It took a little while before I mastered the sizing, now I know the right size/cup for most of the brands I buy. Have also tried go bra-less with my silicone breastforms glued and “kept in place” with a Tshirt.. wow what a feeling! Unfortunately too risky in case glue gives in and the “fall off”! so I always wear a bra. Love the “jiggle” when walking (or driving on a bumpy road), it makes me feel like a real woman.
- December 24, 2019 at 8:20 am #261106Erica GutkowskiLadyRegistered On: December 21, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 11Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
So many bra choices, so little time! For my day-to-day underdressing needs, a bralette is essential. They are so comfortable and yet supportive of the little natural breast tissue I have. When dressing fully, I prefer a padded underwire bra for the full effect.
- December 22, 2019 at 8:47 am #260531DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 747Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1968 times
I like the construction of the Playtex 18-Hour bras, but unfortunately they don’t have large enough cups. The center of the bra should fit against the sternum and they won’t do that. I tried Glamorise, but they do not feel as sturdy as the Playtex. This is noticeable as I need a fair tug to hook the first eye for the Playtex, but quite a bit less effort is needed to get to the second eye on the Glamorise (yes, it is the same band size). Glamorise also has a funky support panel in the bottom of the cups that I don’t like. As a result, I have stapled it to the cup as it is only attached at the bottom.
Recently I have discovered Goddess and they have large enough cups in order for the center to sit on the sternum and a sturdy feel. I have 3 full coverage and 1 full coverage convertible. All have underwires. The only problem is that they are relatively expensive, so I wait for sales…
- December 12, 2019 at 7:06 am #257810Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 623Has thanked: 39568 timesBeen thanked: 1134 times
I currently have 14 bras. They’re all underwire, padded/push-up, and full cup styles size 36 or 38 C & D cups. One is an extreme plunge bra by Vassarette that I discovered is perfect to wear with my v-neck wrap style dresses. The bra doesn’t show at the lowest point of the neckline.
- December 11, 2019 at 8:41 pm #257713
- December 11, 2019 at 5:20 pm #257672Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 790Has thanked: 5472 timesBeen thanked: 3076 times
This list just reminds us how much choice we have in a garment that is considered a part of our ‘foundation’, which is such a huge part of how we visually define ourselves for other’s to see. I never really considered all the different styles we have to choose from and how many I have personally tried and the ones I have settled on. I tried the stick-on bras a couple of times, but they just don’t seem to be worth it for any kind of support. Sports/sleep bras are probably what I wear most as I can wear them underneath the body armor of my duty uniform very comfortably. I tried underwire once and coud only take a couple of hours of that at work before I went to the restroom and got it off, the tightness of the armor was just too much for underwires.
- December 11, 2019 at 11:33 am #257598
- December 11, 2019 at 1:53 am #257492Mikey JohnsonLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 114Has thanked: 139 timesBeen thanked: 362 times
Love my more expensive convertible / strapless. Are we supposed to use brand names? In any case, I decided to spend the money and it was worth it. Fits beautifully, comfy as hell and stays up all the time. And I love wearing halter type tops, so it gets a lot of use. Now have two. Have several others, and I love the way my “jiggle” pocket bras look and allow the breasts to move, but they have straps, so more limited use. And yes, a bra with my favorite corset and a cute pair of panties just makes me feel fabulous!
- December 8, 2019 at 9:41 am #256680Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 386Has thanked: 316 timesBeen thanked: 1032 times
Until quite recently, I only used to wear soft bras as I figured that they would be less noticeable under drab. I’ve also got some white Sloggi crop tops but these do have an annoying habit of rolling up so I don’t wear them much these days. The beauty of these was no clasp at the back for people to see. I also have some sports bras for the same reason and quite like these nut they do tend to be a tad expensive.
One day, I think it must have been about 9 months ago whilst surfing, Amazon kept prompting me with ads for underwired bra’s and I found a trader selling Naturana underwired bras at a good price. I really like Naturana stuff – I have some of their padded soft bras and obg’s which I love – so thought what the heck an ordered a couple of 38C’s in optic white and another same size in black.
Trying these with my overnight forms was a revelation. I’m absolutely converted to underwired bra’s. I still wear soft bra’s to work but during my ‘me’ time, its always one of the underwired Naturana bra’s and I’ve gone on to buy several more in both black and the optic white.
Love my bra’s. They help me feel – what I think is – a bit more femme. After all, there’s little else that is quite as feminine as a bra. I love the gentle hug below my shoulder blades and the way they hug my forms, keeping the firmly but snuggly in place.
Whilst talking about bra’s, I’d encorage everybody who wears a bra to get a pro fitting. I know it takes a bit of bottle and can ce somewhat embarrassing and daunting but it is just so worth it to get a properly fitting bra!
Take care girls.
- December 7, 2019 at 9:03 am #256422AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 23 timesBeen thanked: 57 times
I love wearing my push up and plunge bras when im not working.but the tee shirt bra and the bralette is my work bra .i have A cup breast so even with my tee or bralette does show as much
- December 7, 2019 at 7:55 am #256378patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 64Replies: 1189Has thanked: 1927 timesBeen thanked: 4052 times
- December 7, 2019 at 7:15 am #256366LeaLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 59Replies: 201Has thanked: 188 timesBeen thanked: 721 times
Almost all types of styles, except stick-on and maternity. My thrift store shopping weakness is seeing a bra style or color that I don’t have on the $1 stand – I usually can’t resist buying it and adding to my collection.
I counted the other day, I’ve got 20 bras! My wife has around 10 bras and tends to favor 4 for most days. I realized that most weeks, I tend to favor the same 2-3 bras, then change it up. Newly purchased bras always get more attention.
- December 6, 2019 at 12:34 pm #256179
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.