Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

This is your mission if you choose to accept it…

Suggest songs for the fantastic CD CD, songs that are applicable to our thing. Not the obvious ones, but interesting takes on the experience.

I start with the Cowboy Junkies version of “If You Were the Woman And I Were The Man”

Start your engines, girlfriends…

“Big Log” by Robert Plant. Listen very carefully to understand why.

Anonymous

Portishead- Glory Box. This song just oozes intention. 🙂

Anonymous

I will just go with the obvious ones… Lola, by the Kinks;and Walk on the Wild Side, by Lou Reed. But that’s just me.

Anonymous

I was listening to Ob-la-di Ob-la-da by the Beatles today. For the first time in the gazillion times I’ve heard it the second last verse hit home:

“Yeah, happy ever after in the market place
      Molly lets the children lend a hand (Foot!)
      Desmond stays at home and does his pretty face
      And in the evening she’s a singer with the band

Sounds like one for the CD CD…

Goo Goo Dolls – Iris

Anonymous

We often hear that life and coming out are a journey.

“A part of the heart gets lost in the learning; somewhere along the road’.

My we cherish those moments of love and companionship that may come our way.

Anonymous

Arcade Fire. We Exist.

Kimberly
      Lady

Green Day – King For A Day

Against Me! – True Trans Soul Rebel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQGJaIRguo

Anonymous

just love this!!!!

Samantha G…..
      Ambassador

[quote quote=20862]“Big Log” by Robert Plant. Listen very carefully to understand why. [/quote]

Hmmm you must be more in tune than me Captain. I’ve liked that song since it came out but never read anything into it before.

what about:
      “laid” by the band james from the late 90’s
      “alcohol” – bare naked ladies
      “i feel like a woman” shania twain
      “girls just wanna have fun” cindy lauper
      “born this way” lady gaga

just a few that popped into my head

Jaime Parris
      Contributing Editor

I just very recently accepted that I was a crossdresser.  The first song that came to mind was As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega.  The chorus of the song is “You make a really good girl/As girls go”

Other songs:

Andrew In Drag – Magnetic Fields

Sometimes It Takes Balls To Be a Woman – Elizabeth Cook

Feel So Different – Sinead O’Connor

One of my favorite songs is Lady Stardust by David Bowie. However, that might fall into the obvious category since I consider Bowie the Godfather of crossdressing. I would also suggest Queen Bitch – supposedly about Lou Reed.

A less obvious suggestion is Walk This Way by Aerosmith. Let’s begin by acknowledging that Steven Tyler is almost certainly a crossdresser – may even be among us here on CDH. Back in HS the end of the “Livin’ on the Edge” video blew my mind.

Walk this way is supposed to be about a teenager’s first sexual experiences. However, it’s possibly about a teenager crossdressing with the encouragement of his cheerleading neighbor and culminating with him attending the high school dance as a girl. Maybe a bit of a stretch, but at the very least the title of the song would make more sense.

Or, another explanation is that I’ve read one too many stories on fictionmania.

💋💋💋 Julie

Jaime Parris
      Contributing Editor

This song came to mind when I was thinking of what I want to wear on my day off.  Something In Red by Lorrie Morgan.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?