• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Karla Rogers
      Duchess

My wife’s brother lives in California and she visits him two to three times a year.  She usually makes her trip last at least two weeks, leaving me to fend for myself.  Fortunately, I know how to cook.

I generally have bouts with insomnia so many nights I don’t sleep well.  In addition, I have sleep apnea so I have to use a BiPap machine.  On one of her recent trips, I was having an unusually good night of sleep.  Then it happened.

There I was sleeping well for a change and I suddenly heard what appeared to be two very loud knocks or sharp sounding bumps.  This completely startled me out of my sleep.  My mind processed that it sounded like someone knocked very loudly at my front door.

I slid off of my bed, turned off my BiPap machine and quietly took the mask off of my face.  I reached into my nightstand and pulled out my handgun.  I sat there on the floor looking toward my bedroom door and listened for other noises.

Then my military training took over.  I got up and quietly started moving.  I moved toward the living room, the kitchen, spare bedrooms and finally the front rooms.  Fortunately, we have no small children at our house so I didn’t have to worry about Lego pieces or other toys that children leave out for you to step on.  We currently have no dog or cat so no hazards from them.

I used search and clear techniques that I had practiced many times while in the Air Force.  I found no one in the house nor signs of anyone trying to force entry.  My guess is that at 2:00 in the morning, perhaps some kids decided to knock on my front door as a gag.

All the while I’m barefoot and wearing a black chemise with a floral pattern and a ruffle across the front neckline, showing a lot of leg.  Then a thought came across my mind.  What if someone would have been in the house?  They see me in my chemise, with my handgun pointed at them.  I can imagine them at first scared and then start laughing at the sight of me.

Has something similar happened to you?  How did you react?  If something similar was to happen to you, what do you think your reaction will be?

Anonymous

I doubt any intruder would be laughing much with a gun in their face. Well done protecting the castle.

Hope you got back to sleep.

Davina
      Lady

I would do the same thing you did. I doubt the intruder would be focused on my nightgown, but entirely focused on the gun being pointed at them!

Anonymous
      Lady

We’ve had someone knock on our door more than once but its always in the day time and when I looked there was no one, no vehicle, nothing. I believe its thieves casing the home out to see if dogs bark or if anyone is home. I’ve also read that they knock on one door then run to the back door and check if its locked or have an accomplice that tries the door when you are at the other end of the house. Anything they can grab quickly to sell is profit for them. Be safe and keep your doors locked. We keep ours locked all the time. I’m also armed.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I also think looking down the barrel of a gun is most likely going to take an intruder’s mind off of everything else.

I have heard a story from a friend about a drunk wandering into their house when he was a child. His mom held a gun on the guy, and he found his way out very quickly, walking suddenly very straight!
      It causes an intruder to focus.

Glad you were smart, and safe,

Lara

Anonymous

I am fortunate to live in a semi rural subdivision. In 26 years I’ve never had an attempted break in or any major disturbance outside my house.  Still, I sleep with a loaded Glock beside me.  I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?