Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Christa
      Lady

Just cut my hair short last week like i always did. Think of a military type cut. I was thinking of letting it grow out. I play guitar so having that rock star look would be perfect. But…in all honestly its too look more girly! So what do you think? Has anyone else done this? How did it turn out?

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I did over 20 years ago. It was halfway down my back. I loved it! I often braided it. Sadly it got to thin to look good.

There were some comments, and once a wolf whistle in a big box hardware store, but whoever whistled ducked and ran. I wasn’t bothered much by a few fools in over 5 years of rock star hair.

If I could grow it it would still be long!

💕Lara

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Go for it!! My last hair cut was about 7 months before covid lockdown. If I had the natural breasts I would love to have my hair would be brushing on the top of them.

. Cassie

I’ve been growing my hair out for about 2 years, mainly because I got tired of wearing wigs. It’s down to my upper back now. Feel much girlier with my own long hair.  Recently got a trim with some layering.  It gives a more feminine look when I wear it down.  Having someone else do the blow drying was really nice.  I say go for it!

K

Hi Crystilline Mine has been growing for a few years length is about past shoulders but have to keep it trimmed a bit around the edges as work is a bit of a pain with it looking long so try to keep it looking good ha ha ..

Stephanie

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve been letting mine grow since late December.  I like it.  But there have been some bad hair days.  I’ve been told that’ll be less of a problem when it gets longer.

I agree with you too Emily.  I had a ton of bad hair days until it got long enough to put into a pony tail.   Before that, I needed gel, Aquanet hair spray, a bunch of bobby pins or a stocking cap to make me presentable.  It was a good thing that I didn’t have to go out much because of Covid.  I remember old girlfriends talking about how they wanted to let their hair grow out again after they cut it but didn’t want to go through all the bother of waiting until it regrew .  Now I get it.    Marg

Hi Crystalline,  I’m in the long hair club too.  Covid was the perfect time to stay home and just let my hair grow.  So, now after two years it’s down to my shoulders and works perfectly with my lifestyle.  That’s my real hair (no wig ) in the picture in the Swimsuit Perfection article that I wrote here for CDH.  Sadly as I’ve gotten older,  I’ve begun to have some frontal balding so I often wear a hat or if I’m going out I wear a matching wig.  My daily style is a simple long ponytail and it’s not too much work.  I wash and condition my hair every 2-3 days and blow dry it out.  Every once in a while I put it in rollers or get it styled in a big do for a change.  It’s more work than my old short hair but much more fun and I’m glad I did it.  I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do with mine.  Marg

Ashley
      Lady

I’ve been growing my hair out, its almost past my ears now and I’m liking it so far. I want to let it get to about my armpits or so before I decide on what to do with it. I am a bit scared to start looking more girly in public though so I hope I don’t get scared and get it cut like I have before! My hair is really wavy/curly and has lots of volume so I feel like I’m already looking more feminine in my everyday presentation.

(I’m wearing a wig in my pic, but I’d LOVE it if I could get my real hair looking like that)

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Ashley.

Hi Crystalline

In order to feel and look more feminine I would say 100% go for it.
      I have now been growing my hair for 3 years and have achieved a length to the middle of my back.
      Having long hair has changed my psychology in a way that I now feel far more womanly.
      It has also increased my confidence when going out and helps me present myself to the world as the woman I was intended to be successfully. Now, I could not imagine myself ever again having a masculine hairstyle.

Here’s to your long locks Crystalline with best wishes from Philippa.

Go for it!

I started last fall, and it looks and feels so good. I’ve been calling it my hollywood hair, haha. I’m aiming for Chris Hemsworth hair in the early Thor movies.

Invest in some good shampoo and conditioner as it gets longer. Healthy hair looks good regardless of gender

Until i graduatrd University i had long hair. Loved it.

I had a short brush cut for 24 years.  I started growing it out last year.  I am getting a lot of flak at work.  Everyone telling me that the barber is open again. Even my wife is on me about getting it cut.

It just covers my ears now.  I wear it slicked back for work and a side part to the right when out.  I am avout 40% grey at this point.

Thinking about a cut but not sure what cut to get.

Paula

Wish I that choice to make… I’m reduced to a wig forever.

boohoo Polly 👩🏼

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Yes, I know the feeling Polly! I used to have thick dark hair, but in the last ten years or so it’s thinned considerably so now I can’t create anything like a feminine head of hair out of my own!

Amy

Anonymous
      Lady

Began growing my hair out before Covid hit so now its below my shoulders right at my breasts. I love it and it makes me feel girly all the time. Its fairly thick and a natural silver/white color but beginning to thin a little at the crown so I wear a cute ball cap matching something I’m wearing. Most of the time I keep it in a ponytail in public but down at home where the wife likes playing with it. Having long hair is more work but to me its well worth it and I intend to let it grow until it no longer looks good.

It seems the longer it gets, the more attention I get. Have gotten reactions from stares, double takes and a few frowns, but the only real negatives have been from some relatives which I don’t care about anyway. Sadly no one has complimented me about it but this is a very conservative area and I’ve yet to see another person my age with a ponytail. I don’t care, its for Michelle’s mental health and I love it.

I haven’t had a haircut in almost six years. Most days I wear it in a ponytail with some kind of a fun scrunchie. I agree with the shampoo and conditioner comment, it really does make a difference. I also use a leave in conditioner on my hair.

I’ve grown long, thick hair since my college days and then again since Y2K. It grows fast, straight and very black.  I usually let it grow past my waist and then cut it off to shoulder length, about every 7 years.  Most of the time I wear it up in a knot, otherwise it sill get in the way.

There are pluses and minuses. I love to play with my hair, it’s fun.  It’s definitely a quick way to create a feminine look by putting it in a high ponytail or pigtails.  Braids are fun but it takes time, as does washing, conditioning and drying.  Styling it or having it styled also takes quite a bit of time and money if you go to a salon.

In my photos all the hair you see is my own.

I say if you can grow it, let it.  You can always cut it later.

Mary Contrary

Anonymous

I’m growing my hair out now.  It’s still too short for any kind of feminine style right now though.  I’ll see what I can do with it in a few months.

I am trying it. Using the constant excuse of “So many places still have weird hours. My work schedule just makes it so hard”. Although I will probably give up on it sooner rather than later as my hair growth just isn’t really anything to write home about.

go for it! long hair can be girly, or masculine, depending upon how you fix it up every morning. And I have seen some real hunky guys with girly styles.

My hair is down to mid-back and I love putting in up in a high pony tail or pig tails with ribbons, bows, barretts, anything sparkly.

I’ve been letting mine go for close to a year and a half now. It doesn’t really make me look more feminine. The wig is still better for that. Maybe when it gets longer, but I don’t know if it will compare. I’m not losing hair, it isn’t receding (at least not very quickly) but I do have a fairly strong widows peak when it’s cut short. I just look like a guy with long hair.

I would say if you’re thinking about it, give it a try. Be patient, but don’t think it’s going to be magical. It hasn’t been for me, yet. It’s still fun though.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?