• This topic has 66 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 51 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Short and sharp…

Where I work, it’s hospitality, and I have a small, all girl team with me….and I would die for any one of them…

I’m devastated at the moment…one of my friends was physically slapped around the face….her crime???

Just being there and trying to do her job…a simple mix up and a guy who had no patience…and she is a wreck…

I got to work this morning, to find this mess…and the good news, he was arrested….I’m sorry but seeing her crying has been too hard, she is a beauty….I am only telling you as YOU are my family….sometimes I just hate the human race..

It’s times like this I really question who I am…im crying here and men don’t cry do they????…but It’s grace and I’m allowed to cry…..aren’t I??….drama queen, maybe…. but too caring??… definitely…

I know and have been made aware that due to my depression, I can crash easily…but how can you prepare for a shock?

How would you feel if a loved workmate was abused….what would you do??? Would you cry, am I alone here ???

gracie xx

Anonymous

A man should never lay hands on a woman, period, not tolerated. Sorry Grace for the hassle and upset. Hope the ### gets his comeuppance. That really sucks, the guy is a coward. It’s so refreshing in you caring for your team, stay strong. Katie 💋💋

Katie women also abuse men. Nobody should have face physical or verbal abuse from anybody. It’s wrong and anybody who physically or verbally abuses someone has to be called out.
        There’s no harm in crying whoever you are
        Liz

Grace,

You are most assuredly not alone!   What a horrible event…. I too would cry, and be very angry.  When the vulnerable are abused it diminishes all of us… I hope she recovers as quickly and as completely as possible – this will be an emotional burden for her (and you) for some time to come and there’s little that will help ease that pain right now….  I will be praying for both of you…, and no you are not over reacting in the least – your compassion speaks well of you…even though it may feel so painful at the moment.  You’re a beautiful person – inside and out, and I’m sure your work friend is as well, and that’s what makes it hurt so much….

Marcellette

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

I can’t see anything wrong with crying about this. Have a good cry and work it through. I hope your friend bounces back in time.

I try to be even handed and remind myself there are some really not very nice female versions of the human race too, But I do despair of the male side of it sometimes. They can just heartlessly think nothing of such behaviour. This man’s social group of friends should just tell him in no uncertain terms that it’s not acceptable.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

So Sorry Grace!! You have every right to be More then upset.. It’s Bull Shit that it even happen, Lock him up for good!! You are Def not alone, You’re Huge Heart is hurting, Let the tears go and You’re strength will catch you from falling… And so will We…..!!

Anonymous

That is awful Grace, how dare he. My son manages a restaurant and the stories he’s got of peoples behaviour would scare you and it’s people who are frustrated with covid restrictions which they are only following the rules imposed on them, he didn’t make them up. Food thrown at him, sworn at, bad service reports he has to explain.

You go ahead and have yourself a good cry love, you’ve got to let your feelings out, bottling it up is even worse especially if you suffer with depression.

You take care Grace, love Heather.

IsabelB
      Lady

Hi Grace,

You have a good right to be upset and angry and a huge mix of emotions.  As for crying, I do it at the drop of a hat, and have always thought that rubbish about ‘men don’t cry’ was just that, rubbish.

No one has the right to physically, or mentally, abuse someone else, irrespective of gender.  It’s just plain wrong.  There is no excuse. Ever. Ok, other than self defence….

I’m angry and upset with you.  I hope you and your colleague come through this ok.  I also hope that guy is successfully prosecuted.

Hugs,

Isabel x

Grace, our arms are all around you.
      While I would cry, I would also allow my anger to surface, and make sure this cretin receives the punishment he s richly deserves. Be sure management follows up on it, whether he is a local, or a visitor, be sure the assault is noticed, in the paper, if they still exist there, or through the public.
      Stand by your friend, my friend, and be who you are, sweet Grace, you are who we love, just as you are, we would not have you change, but we are here for you, from wherever we may be
      Extra big hugs,Regi👸💖

Anonymous

Hi Sweetie, there is nothing wrong with crying its a natural emotion. God bless you for being so caring,i”m sure your friend is thankful  for your support. I hope her employers see fit to prosecute the thug, and a lifetime ban too. Bless you xx

Anonymous
      Lady

Grace, have a good cry and let those emotions of anger and sorrow flow out through your tears and know that there was nothing you could have possibly done to prevent this from happening. I’m so sorry the girl was attacked. The world today seems to be more angry than ever with little tolerance of the slightest thing. Happy to hear the guy was arrested. We are here for you sweetie.

Anonymous

I knew you would come through, because every girl that has answered is beautiful and it makes such a difference…living on my own, I can be me…but I so needed the huggs…..I love you all…I’m not responding to individual’s…This is not a thanks hunt!!!!!

I feel I need to sit back and take you all in!!!!

Ps….I have told the owners that if this ” person ” is not prosecuted, I’m leaving…see how that lies!!!

Sylvia
      Lady

Good that he is arrested Grace !
      I hope he get’s plenty of prison time for this.
      I know what my male side would like to do to that AssXXXX , but luckely
      my Femme side would probably prevent me from doing that if I would experience something like that happening to one of my loved ones.
      The only thing you can do Grace is give that girl all the support you can give her, and maybe talk to the management about stepping up security , so if this happens again , people can react faster to it.
      About the part that men don’t cry : of course they do , at least they should !
      Keeping grief inside , not expressing it is not healthy.
      This is 2021 , we should know better already…

Love Sylvia.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.

So for you and your colleague Grace. It’s so hard dealing with the public. Many have mental health problems, stresses, or are just plain mean. Glad he was arrested. I’m a frontline nurse and physical and mental abuse is not uncommon from patients and their visitors!

Nothing wrong with a good cry, shows your compassion. My only advice would be to get together with your team and cry together, promise they will be feeling the same and sharing hard times is a great help. It’s good to let it all out on company of others who feel the same.

Stay strong and keep yer chin up my friend.

❤️Bianca

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Grace, I am so outraged and saddened by what happened to your team member! It’s not the human race that is bad – just a neandrathol that somehow didn’t die out with those of his kind. I am, however ashamed to be a male much of the time. Maybe why I want to transition so badly. So, weep for the loss of civility and good manners that used to be the norm.

I’m so sorry that I feel your pain.  It seems the human race is on social decline.  Not all obviously, but we’re seeing more than usual.

In regards to crying.  Be you!  If you’re an emotional being, it doesn’t matter if you’re male or female… everyone needs to cry and feel free to feel those emotions.

I remember dating a woman who was used to dating more “manly man” types (also drinkers, abusers, etc.).  Yes, not my best pick, but I had this “save the woman” attitude after my divorce.  Long story short, I got emotional through a movie, and she had this attitude like “don’t cry, why are you crying, men don’t cry”… so the next day, I kicked her out of my house.  Simple.

I don’t need that kind of BS from ANYBODY!

Peta Mari
      Lady

I’m a survivor of spousal abuse. My ex wife used to abuse me something bad. My mother was also an extremely abusive woman. I was covered in welts from a beating with an electrical extension cord a number of times.

So I don’t buy into any of this bullshit its wrong for a man to hit a women, (leaving it open that its ok for a woman to hit a man.)  Its TOTALLY wrong for anyone to be voilent towards another, (unless its self defence.)

Grace. Big hugs. Glad the perp was arrested. Sorry it happened in the first place.

Anonymous

Hi Grace there are always some idiots in the world who think they can do what they want, even attack a woman,

All you can do is just be a shoulder to cry on for your friend, it’s ok for you to have a cry too , all the girls will always support you in everything you do,

Huggs Roz X

So sorry that happened Sweet Grace. Your work team is strong because of the strength of each of its members. I’m sure all of you collectively feel the sting of what happened. An injury to one is an injury to all. But because you have each other and because you have all of us here pulling for you, it will get better in time. Love beats hate.

Clara

Anonymous

WTF?  Violence is nothing new. And men have no monopoly on it, but are generally the more violent sex.

Im sorry your friend was a victim of some a$$hole’s thuggish behavior.

Crying is okay, regardless of who you are. Share your feelings with her and let her know you care (I’m sure you probably already have).

And know we share your pain just like we share your joy when good things happen.

Much love,

Raquel

Anonymous

Raquel…welcome to the fold…your daily input is noted, and I’m so glad you have joined cdh…you are truly one of the girls…

huggs, grace x

Anonymous

No excuse for raising a hand to an innocent lady. Throw the book at him.

Connie

xxx

ps Men do cry.

Anonymous

Hello Grace

Sorry to hear your upset it is very upsetting when you see someone close getting abused, very glad to hear this thug got arrested. I really hope your colleague can move on from this, thinking of you both.

Love Sarah

xx

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Grace, I am so sorry to hear this hon!  All violence is evil, pure and simple, regardless of whether it is a man or woman doing it.  I am glad (hope?) your friend came out of it without any lasting physical injury.  Now she will need her friends – like you – to help heal any emotional pain.

And men, just like women, are allowed to cry.  And if anyone says anything different, ignore them.

Stevie

Anonymous

Stevie ( Auntie )…i have known my beloved Stevie  ( Nicks ) for what seems a lifetime…thank you 💓💓…I’m glad we rock a little…and your profile pics get to show the real you a little more each time you change them…huggs, Grace xx

Anonymous

Grace sweetie, you are never alone. And I cry at the drop of a hat. Easily and unstoppable, from cheesy movies to remembering a past pet. Your empathy is not a weakness but a  strength. Showing your strong character. Big hugs girlfriend 💕 Katie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Oh my dear Grace, that is what makes us who we are. In general women do not get angry or want to retaliate , they just need a hug and a friendly shoulder to cry on and an ear that listens. 

Your girl needs support not male bluster and you are doing the right thing by her. That’s why it is called a sisterhood and, unbeknownst to them, you are part of it. 

Why not cry? There is no shame as this is your strong female side coming through and even men cry. Crying is a response to something that has happened, an emotional release. It’s the reason behind it that matters.

Someone who has or is suffering with depression needs to get it out and talk about it. So you are also ticking a big box here too. 

You may never prevent a shock but knowing how to deal with it straight away is key to it not eating at you.

You have our support Grace and thank you for sharing.

Anonymous

Never ever touch a lady this lady will have to get a can of whip a## after the person no matter if a man.

Bigger they are harder they fall.

Anonymous

Donna…how come you didn’t surprise me ??….girl power!!!!

Thank💓 you xx

Anonymous

Sorry grace late to the party Or would have for sure. Shame and glad they locked the guy up would have to lock me up too for whipping on the dummy too.

Donna

Anonymous
            Lady

Donna you’re a bad ass…. lol

Anonymous

LOL this girl would never let a friend of friend be slapped around if knew about. Have posse of girls kick him and nads.

Donna

I so sorry for your friend and for you.
      What happened sucks, plain and simple.
      What to do? Well, first have that good cry! By all means! And yes, men cry, especially good men.

But what to do?

Focus on your friend, supporting and loving her the best way you can. That’s what she needs now.

All the best to you and your friend. May everything work out for the best.
      Hugs
      Jukes

I came late to this thread but the overwhelming support shown by all the girls is so heartwarming.

To Grace: cry and then go to your friend and give her all the support she needs and that I know you can give. I’m glad you reached out to us, you can take in all our love and strength and share it where it’s needed.

To the girls of CDH: thank you all for such unconditional love and keep giving each and every one of us the support we all need.

Beth

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Sorry for your friend. I hope she’s well.

Hugs, Liara

Physical attacks are unacceptable,  whatever the cause.

Great news that the jerk was arrested!

It was clearly not your colleagues fault that this guy was a mindless idiot – I am so sorry for her that she’s had to go through this.

I once got attacked a propos of absolutely nothing while walking to the station from a pub in my younger days.

The guy hit me in the face, breaking my glasses and knocking them to the ground, and kept coming. I eventually put up a guard, but have never been a fighter, and was soon on the ground with my smashed glasses.

Fortunately, a guy drove past at that moment, who recognised my attacker, and pulled him off, then took me to the police station, where I was able to give the attacker’s name, thanks to my rescuer.

It left me shaken for years – I stopped going to any pub, thinking everybody hated me.

Because I didn’t see any friends, and no-one came to check up on me, I got into quite a bad state.

Your friend is very, very fortunate to have you – and you need to be strong for her!

Sure, cry on your own – it’s horrible.

But please tell us how wonderfully quickly your friend recovered, thanks to your loving support!!!

Because I just know that is what will happen.

Love Laura

Anonymous

Laura…when I first joined cdh…best place to look for advice…most thanked……you were and still are my ” go to ” girl…..despite destroying Bournemouth!!!!….you are still my karaoke Queen…grace xxl

Hi Grace,

There is nothing about crying that suggests weakness.  Support your friend as best you can.

Alice

Anonymous

I’m tearful….

But as I did suspect…

you girls have lifted my heart…it’s a bit disrespectful..but I’m honest enough to say…

I knew you would be here for me….

because every single one of you who bothered….are so special…sometimes it’s just more than panties…..you are beautiful, bless you xx

Anonymous

Grace you know we all here to support each other no matter the concern or problems we go through. Truly sorry about your friend and know this if was there and heard about it would have to be girl and kick him hard u know where. also slap the guy silly .  Keep your spirits up grace.

Donna

Barb Wire
      Lady

Grace, my heart goes out to you and your colleague!

My daughter is a front-line nurse at our hospital and manages a group on her floor. She’s faced threats and verbal abuse often, but thankfully hasn’t faced any physical harm. Yet…

Whenever healthcare professional do face physical harm it’s usually the nurses who face the most abuse. However, the silver-lining in this is that they also get the greatest of thanks too!

I hope you all have resources to help deal with your trauma. No doubt we’re GREAT!, but on-going support at your place of work is vital.

Hugs, Barb 😷

Trisha
      Duchess

Don’t worry about what they say. You do you. If you need to cry then do it. I hear it’s a good release of negative energy. And if it was my friend I would do what needed to be done. Whatever that was.

Anonymous
      Lady

Grace just read this and am furious!!  No real man would ever touch a woman in this fashion. Being that he isn’t a real man sounds like someone should cut off the offending appendage that gives him the false impression he is??  I have a chain saw…

Hang in and give it a good merlot induced bawl, it is okay. As for your friend, just be there for her too as we are for you. Pm if you need ANYTHING!

🍷🍷🍷C

I would try to break his neck. He deserves worse. I can not understand the frequency of
      totally senseless violence. Anything from striking a flight attentant to pulling a gun because your chicken nugget meal was wrong. Stabbing someone because you wanted to know what it felt like. I can’t fantom how little brain activity some people must have.

Anonymous

my thoughts exactly was just being lady like earlier.  Wouldn’t want to mess with the lady and her close friends and thier friends.

I would try to break his neck. He deserves worse. I can not understand the frequency of
      totally senseless violence. Anything from striking a flight attentant to pulling a gun because your chicken nugget meal was wrong. Stabbing someone because you wanted to know what it felt like. I can’t fantom how little brain activity some people must have.

Anonymous
      Lady

Sweet Grace, I am SO sorry to hear about your friend and SO sorry for the emotional pain that violence has put upon you! Please never be afraid to cry. It’s something we ALL need to do sometimes!

Unfortunately, a little jail time isn’t good enough for this idiot. I’m hopeful that some of us, or friends of some of us, have a long memory and that this horrific person will eventually get some of the ‘justice’ he SO deserves.  Karma is a bitch and his number is coming up soon…

P.O.’d tara grrrrrrrr

Grace,

You are not alone.
      Go ahead and cry, it’s okay.
      I expect they are tears of righteous rage.
      And that’s okay too.
      Be you.
      I would expect nothing less.

Big hug
      -joanne

Hi Grace. Believe me you are not alone in your feelings. I agree with all of the comments that have been made so far. Don’t punish yourself for your sensitivity. It’s actually a very good quality to have. Most people these days are so calloused and hard hearted that it seems to get lost somewhere. Hell, I even teared up over Opie and Andy Griffith. You have nothing to be ashamed of. People like the guy that hurt your friend will be punished and they will probably get their pay back at some point. Actually the feelings that you are having are quite normal. You are being you. Wishing you well. Sending a big hug your way!

XOXO Danica💄👠❤️

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Grace,

l’m very happy this a$$h01e was arrested! I do hope your employer presses charges on him. There is never an excuse for someone to lay a hand on anyone! Exceptions  for self defense of course.

Cry as much as you need! Men do cry, real men anyway.
      You are an awesome caring friend!

Wishing you both the best to get through this!

Lara

Anonymous

Grace,

I’m so sorry to hear about your coworker. The world can be trash sometimes but there is tremendous beauty here too. I have also suffered from depression and for sure crashing is easy. My way out is complicated as I’m sure yours is but it involves doing the things that help remind me that life can be better. You need to remember what those are for you and spend some time there.

I don’t know if I would cry, to answer your question. I find myself tearing up a lot in the last while but the conditioning to hold it all in is still strong. My advice is to let it out if you can. Crying is a valid response especially when the immediate threat is passed.I hope you feel better soon hun and I hope your coworker heals, physically I’m sure but, mentally.

— Abbie 🥰

Actually, it has been found that on average, men cry more than women.

That person belongs in jail.  There is NO justification for a male (not a man) to ever strike a woman.  It does not matter how he was treated as a child, or if he was a spoiled mommy’s boy who didn’t get his way.  He should be punished and marked in some way, maybe electronically.  That crime should be out there for everyone he deals with to see in the future and know about.

I apologize for that rant, but that form of behavior is reprehensible.

Soapbox put away.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
      Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Grace,

So sorry to hear of that terrible altercation.  Your message really says a lot about you and the kind of person that you are. A loving & caring person like you is exactly what she needs.

Thanks for being you, I’m glad to know you.

Grace – as you relate the story I find pain in my heart for the girl who was hit. Mistakes will happen, but apart from self defense there is no reason justifiable or excusable for striking someone. Hopefully justice will be meted out and lessons learned.

Crying? The shortest verse in the Bible goes something like this, “Jesus wept.” Appears you are in good company.

Hugs,

Charlene

Grace! My word! I’m glad that creep was arrested, people like that are why public flogging should still be available.

That said, in my feelings with depression, both helping others and trying to deal with it myself, one thing I’ve learned is that there’s no way to be prepared for all things. You just never know when something will hit you hard.

Know that we’re all here for you, we’re all on your side, and we’d all close ranks around you and your friend and protect you. We all love you Grace, and we’ll be here for you.

Bridgette

Hi Grace Just got the news I am six hours behind  answer to one of you questions am I alone here? NO you are defiantly not alone. Violence of any kind can be quite shocking for anyone . Its truly sad when you witness the result of out of control violence on someone who you have accepted into you heart. Its no longer TV anymore it has become very real and personal. Letting your friend know her pain is felt and she is loved no matter what. You said lost his patience!!!!!. There is never a excuse for anyone to raise a hand and strike another. Domestic violence has become a far too much a common place. Its a act that even the police hate to deal with. I am please that the perpetrator was  arrested and hope he is found guilty. That will be a big black stain on his personal record something that will never go away. Crying for me has been reserved for when I am feeling really sad or even when I am  witness to true love. Love of wife, children, family and close friends. I am always so impressed when I meet some one that has a open heart. Its one of the many things I admire in the female gender. You defiantly are a example of someone that carries on with a open heart. Cry all you want, let those emotions out. Maybe if the perpetrator cried when dealing with his frustration. He and everyone else would be far better off. BIG HUG and a napkin. Hope your friend will be ok I am sure she will be when she has friends like you that she can depend on.

Stephanie

Becka
      Lady

I would be emotional in all ways, and want to slap the @$!@#$ out of that jerk!

Men do cry, real men! Anyone that doesn’t can go on, suppress any feelings and continue being miserable inside!

Sorry, but that’s how I “feel”!

Hi Grace, I don’t think even a scaffolding company could provide the level of support you and your dear friend are receiving at this very moment. Pyxx.

Anonymous

Trust you ..haha…

and yes, the love in here sure does give out a warm glow…..💓

Anonymous
      Lady

Many of us are taught to be strong and don’t cry. Crying is seen as a sign of weakness. Crying is a form of release not weakness. Often our release to these types of situations is anger.

The release needs to match the emotion we are experiencing. We can be angry at the idiot that thinks slapping somebody is acceptable and sad that your co-worker was on the receiving side of an idiots actions.

Crying can be the first step in healing. Holding it in can only prolong our healing.

Krista
      Duchess

My Dear Grace,

I’m so sorry that You have had to experience that situation. I can totally empathize with You. Before retiring, I was the CEO of an organization with about 1000 employees.  We’ve had all sorts of violence against our staff (a snow plow driver was even shot at by a guy with a rifle – luckily the RCMP got him – they always get their man you know).

It took us years to accomplish, but we built a culture of people first, and that means our staff.  If staff are respected, treated well, paid well, and listened to, they will treat the customers well.  The year before I retired, we won an award as the top company to work for; very proud of that accomplishment.  After I retired, my replacement (an outsider) changed the culture of the organization away from people and toward numbers.  What a disaster.  What took years to build came crumbling apart in a few months. That organization wouldn’t even make the list of top 200 companies to work for; morale is at an all-time low.

Sorry, back to your point.  Having a people culture meant having a top notch HR department that existed to support staff, not to make rules (getting rid of bureaucratic rules was one of my first goals).  The manager of HR sat around the corporate leadership table and always made sure we made decisions that focused on and supported people.  So incidents like you faced were treated immediately and the individual had support from the organization and teammates.

Did I ever cry? There were times and circumstances where I did shed a tear.  And there is nothing wrong with that. The local town council though, the politicians who were my boss, thought I was a bit soft and too people focused. But I lasted a long time in my role and after I retired, they hired a (perceived) tough numbers guy (who by the way only lasted 18 months).

Thanks so much for sharing your story Grace. And I agree with you, sometimes I too hate the human race; but thankfully there are way more good people than those scum. And especially here at CDH; it is so nice to be in such a supportive group.

Have a lovely week Grace.  Put up the good fight and let your emotions flow when needed.  Love You, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Krista.

Thank you, you are always so quick to share the love and huggs, as are so many girls here.

I think being a bit softer and people focused are wonderful traits. If you would accept them as compliments, I would gladly send them…..grace 💓💓

As others have said, unless you’re a lion tamer, a jockey, a member of a professional sports team, a dominatrix, or other such profession, violence in the workplace should never be acceptable.

I don’t know who benefits from the lie that men don’t cry, but someone must, because this lie keeps on getting perpetuated.  If you feel like a good cry, have a good cry.  Don’t worry what other people (whomever they are) say.

Strength to you and to your coworker.

Anonymous

Alison….thank you!!.

The Dominatrix, violence in the workplace line really made me laugh out loud…..my ” smile “to start my day xx

Sometimes we need a good laugh to balance out a good cry.

I’m so sorry to hear that happened to your colleague.  It would shake any one up, and cause long term trauma on top of.

Holly put up a post a few weeks back about how people have to be reminded to be kind to others.  It really saddens me that humanity has sunk so low now that they can do harm to another person like this.  It is unacceptable.  I am glad he was arrested.

I don’t want to go on a rant about how mean people can be towards one another.  Even though my job is not hospitality, I too see the effects of impatient people and how mean they can be to another person.

I hope your colleague takes a few days just to recover.

Anonymous

Thanks Wendy…she is off until she feels ready to come back….I have spoken to her and I think she will return soon…xx

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?