Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Catherine
      Duchess

Hello Ladies ,Been a little while since I posted a question  or thought ,about how you feel starting  HRT ,I would like to do the patch and for maybe the initial  3 month time ,I would like to test the “waters” so to speak ,nobody in my family knows of how I fell to be female ,not even my wife ,just looking for some advice  ,thank you Cathy

Hi Catherine, I have a hard time wondering how it is that you would consider starting HRT without first talking with your wife.

Catherine
        Duchess

Because I think it would end up in divorce  court, she wouldn’t tolerate  my as I feel at times,just from her tone of voice for Trans people, just want to test my self not go full force, Cathy

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Catherine, I started HRT with the patch after a few moths of spironolactone to drive my testosterone levels lower. I’m not sure any doctor would just start you out on estradiol patches, only, right off the bat. Endocrinologists want two referrals from therapists or a GP to start you on HRT (after baseline blood work). Spiro is a potassium-sparing drug, so I’ve had to pretty much eliminate bananas, OJ, spinach, and other foods higher in potassium.

The patches aren’t invisible, and they need to be applied to particular areas and free of body hair. Unless you never are bare below your waist at home, it would be spotted by your wife when you are showering, changing, during intimacy, etc.

My first couple of months of low-dose patches were not terribly noteworthy. It’s hard to tell if the spiro had an additive effect or it was a bit of placebo effect – the relief of being able to move forward with my transition. I did feel a sense of relief, but nothing that felt like euphoria. I feel like month 5 has been a turning point as my breasts have begun to noticeably grow (not sure, but maybe past A cup and moving towards B?), but I had definite breast buds by month 3 and increasingly sensitive nipples. Those things would also be difficult to hide totally from a spouse.

The 4th and 5th month, I’ve noticed more calm, and feelings of well-being, even in the face of separation from my wife last month. Such an event a year ago would have left me devastated. While it’s been very difficult, I took it in stride for the most part. I do cry easily, but I always did. People who know Brielle have commented in the last few weeks, how much more relaxed and self-confident I’ve become.

I agree with other comments here, though. I personally would never take any meds or supplements that would alter my body or risk my health without letting my wife know, and the health risks for we older trans girls is not to be ignored. Should you have something occur, and you were unable to tell the medical professionals (stroke, heart attack, etc.) you could get in serious trouble if they aren’t aware of what you are taking. Beyond that, it would be an almost sure path to divorce, in my opinion.

Considering you would not feel many beneficial effects in only 3 months, I wouldn’t risk the potential negative effects without telling your wife what you’d like to do. But you know your relationship better than I, and my view point is my own co-dependent marriage, which still is on the verge of collapse, so what do I know about it. I kept my crossdressing from her for over 40 years; that doesn’t exactly make me an expert on transparency!

Hugs,

Brie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Like Brielle I have decided to move down the path of HRT. I am in a position that I can make that decision as I do not have a S.O. I made the decision to stay single when I knew that my dressing would never go away and was progressing to full time. I have a long standing female friend who cannot stand to see me. She was told many years ago and has seen me dressed but has struggled. Recently after a life changing event, she has decided that she does not want to see me dressed at all.  I have to accept that, it does hurt but I have to respect her feelings and can change back to see her. I suspect if we were married it would be a divorce. In that I would think very carefully of going ahead in a marriage without discussing with your partner and knowing where you want to go with this.

I had discussions with my G.P. and had blood tests. I suppose each of us is different and the medical opinions and HRT differ in different countries. I am on Estradiol patches and have to be placed on clean hair free skin. I did have an issue sticking them at first but have got that issue resolved. I did ask the doctor and she gave me some advice and said if it wasn’t successful I could have a cream instead. That would not be visible.

I am three months in and have nothing to report. It is easy to believe or feel there are changes but this is a long term treatment and changes may not come for quite a while and you have to be realistic as to what will change. I did a lot of research online and discussions so have a realistic expectation.

I sat and evaluated the stage I am at and really looked at my persona and feelings. I have taken my appearance as far as I can, listened carefully to what friends and family say to me. One key thing is that I look happier nowadays and my appearance is more than acceptable. Body wise I can create a good bust and hip and am of small build so have a size advantage already. My demeanor has always been empathetic, I like the company of women and, having emotions, I do cry!

The reason why I decided to take HRT is that it could give me a more feminine shape and I have no illusion that it may just be very subtle.  It may also increase my bust a bit but apart from that it won’t change my voice, grow long luxurious hair and transform me into a full woman. I am also aware of the medical implications as I am of Brielles age so will ensure I am in touch with my Doctor.

In some respects it may seem strange that I am undertaking this path as I am quite happily living as a woman without anything being done. I just see it as a less impact treatment than surgery. I can always stop if there are any issues that start.

It is a personal thing that needs a lot of thought, research, discussion and, more importantly, medical advice and the correct medication.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?