• Comfortable
  • Creator
    Topic
    LisaT
    Participant
    Registered On: January 31, 2021
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 475

It is slightly fascinating how even before I crossdressed (ignoring for a moment childhood adventures) how many little things were there as signs. Lingerie shops for one. I didn’t realise how nervous men tend to be around buying lingerie until I started reading the many threads about shopping. I have always visited lingerie shops to buy underwear for my wife, usually as gifts. Of course my early inclinations tended to be mainly little bits of string with the minimum fabric but I improved …….slighty. Eventually with drawers full of panties she never wore I was banned from buying lingerie as gifts.

This morning while dressing she who must be obeyed observed

“oh you’re wearing those funny knickers.”

“Funny” I queried defensively.

“Yes they are very sexy from the front but I don’t like the back” she said.

She has never liked lace, just one of the reasons I was banned from buying her underwear. And the back of these particular briefs are pure lace.

“But I like them they are comfortable” I replied.

“Yes” she said. “At last you understand that comfort is the single most important thing about knickers. “Another good thing to come out of you crossdressing”

What could I say. She who must be obeyed has the last word…..again!

Ok girls whats most important when buying knickers for yourself prettiness or comfort. No cheating for the sake of this discussion you can’t have both.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by LisaT.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Ambermaria Martinez
      Duchess
      Registered On: July 8, 2018
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 60

Well let’s see where I go lingerie shopping I look for pretty panties . comfy is important but I love prettyness also if they don’t have my size I go either one size up .and then of course we all love to have made bras also my favorite kind of panties are bali love the styles they have with the panel on side or double support .and beautiful colors

Which is also beatiful.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Green
      Lady
      Registered On: March 31, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 19

It depends on whether I am wearing casual clothes, just feeling comfortable, or trying to look and feel sexy.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jennifer Swanson
      Duchess
      Registered On: April 20, 2019
      Topics: 49
      Replies: 174

I’ve thrown out panties that aren’t comfortable but I rarely throw out pretty panties.  So the ones I keep are pretty but the ones I wear are comfortable.

Emily Lace
      Lady
      Registered On: February 26, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 72

Definitely comfort first. Since I wear panties 24/7 they can’t be scratchy or riding up in the wrong places all the time. Luckily, over time I have found comfortable panties that are pretty as well. 🙂

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Rayna (was Dala) Carlian
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 4, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 182

I like pretty, but I love comfortable. SO I get the prettiest comfortable panties I can find…lol

xoxo

Rayna

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Partime
      Lady
      Registered On: March 15, 2021
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 15

Is pretty comfortable a valid answer?  Hehehehe

You going to make me choose?  fine…pretty.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        LisaT
        Lady

I feel so guilty posing this dilemma since my prettiest panties are also possibly the most comfortable. Though it is true there are panties I won’t buy despite them being pretty because they would be uncomfortable.

BigBangtheory
      Lady
      Registered On: January 14, 2020
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 174

For me I just love pretty panties! However they also have to be functional. So most of mine are bikini cut, silky satin with lace trim and pretty colors and prints. I do have some for days that I am working in the yard that are cotton but still pretty because they absorb the sweat. Stephanie

Alison Anderson
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 15, 2018
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 423

I am voting for comfort.  No one is going to see them anyway, and even I don’t think about which pair I’m wearing unless I am using the toilet.  So I’m not overly concerned with pretty

Of course, comfort depends on the wearer.  I’d say better than 90% of the time I’m wearing fanny flossers (aka thongs).  But I’m often wearing a panty girdle on top to help flatten my bulge.  I do have one nylon/lycra g-string with even less between my cheeks, but this is a special pair that acts both as a gaff and as a pair to make my boys look like girls.  It works well under a bathing suit.  It’s not as comfortable but it works well for its job.

LisaT
        Lady

Goodness I never thought I would see comfort and thongs in the same expression. I knew they must suit some people but having string splitting me in two never works for me . That said I do have one thong that’s ok I just never think of it as comfortable even tho I guess it’s not uncomfortable.

Hmmm I’m confusing myself now.

hugs

Lisa xxx

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 1029

For me, comfort comes first.  Panties are the only clothing item that is in contact with my body longer than my bra, the first two items I put on when first getting dressed for the day.

Now, finding a comfortable style and/or fabric, I look for sexy and pretty panties, and possible matching bra.  To find a set, bra and panties, that is both comfortable and sexy is just the best purchase a girl can make.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Paula F.
      Brittney Andrews
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2019
      Replies: 682

I voted pretty is what I look for when buying panties for myself. My current count of 70 pairs range from full front and rear coverage to barely enough to cover the front and “dental floss” for the rear. I just feel comfortable in any style of panties, except boyshorts and oversized “granny panties”.

Kelly Ann
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 7, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 35

Hi lisa I choose comfortable I wear Brazilian panties and there very comfortable and quite pretty and sexy

All my panties are very comfortable I also

L❤ve my high waist panties

L❤ve

Kelly💋Ann

Krista
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 535

Hi Lisa, when wearing panties all day, comfort definitely is the most important consideration.  And for me, I define comfort as being able to hold a tuck all day without even noticing that I’m tucked.  However, and a big however, if getting all glammed up in cocktail dress, garter belt and stockings, then pretty is more important when they are only being worn for a short time.  So of course, one has to buy lots of panties of each type.  Now on a rare occasion one can find comfortable panties that are also quite pretty and dare I say, sexy.  That’s the home run purchase and then you have to go back to the store and buy all that you can.  I have found some that are both and I wish I bought more of them as I can’t find them any more.  Thanks for posting the question Lisa, Have a lovely week, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Amy Myers
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 1283

I have worn panties(knickers) full time for a year and a half or so now, so comfort is important. Now if I get “dolled” up for something special I might put on a pair of a little fancier, but less comfortable.

Just as an aside I have a couple of pair like you describe, fabric front and lace on the back which I do find comfortable, but my wife likes them too! Not on her, but she likes seeing me in them. Hope I haven’t said too much!

Amy

Shannon Marx
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 11, 2021
      Replies: 47

Since i am comfortable in almost all panties I voted prettiness. I just love a sexy looking Pantie❤

Anne-Marie
      Lady
      Registered On: August 26, 2018
      Replies: 389

The most important thing for me is comfort 100% No question.

Having said that, comfort and prettiness are not neccessarily mutually exclusive and if my knickers also look good [on me] then that is a win-win in my book.

Take care girls

Anne-Marie

Michelle
      Lady
      Registered On: October 14, 2015
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 4

I am 60 and  have worn panties for years, can’t remember the last time I wore men’s boxers. My wife and I are retired and have a small farm in a rural area in central Florida.  I like breathable, comfortable panties to wear during the day while working.

By accident quite some time ago I put a pair on backwards. It became one of those “aha” moments. That particular pair of panties fit perfect that way. The front was now more spacious and the back was now a sexy “French cut” with lace. We have Ross stores all over the place around us. They typically have great selections of inexpensive women’s clothing and racks of panties to chose from. It is a lot of fun looking for inexpensive dresses there.

Vecca Senn
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 121

I need everyday comfort. I like the “special event” ones for special events.

Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 768
      1. Is there room for two in that naughty corner, Grace?; because I feel exactly the same.

Bettylou

No ‘double’entendre intended there!!!

2. Grace just said there was no room for two!!!
      3. 🤣🤣🤣
      4. Only kidding Peggylou
      5. ❤️Bianca
      Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 24
      Replies: 768

Hi Lisa

I guess as we gain more experience in this wonderful world of womenswear we are constantly learning and adapting. And on of these learning curves is with panties. We are all different shapes and sizes in that area. When I first started yes I think the prettiness  was the main factor but quickly got to realise that the, let’s say, sexiest is seldom the most comfortable, less material, perhaps more scope for discomfort (do you really want a string up there all day!).

Now it’s so much fun looking for panties with both comfort and prettiness, and they are out there. I guess it’s just trial and error, and getting an eye for your size, coverage, favourite materials and of course some femininity.

And I guess GGs like you wife have had a whole lifetime to come to this conclusion.

❤️Bianca

6 users thanked author for this post.
      karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 427

In my naughty state…………pretty……………In my regular girl state………….comfortable.  In my animal state………..nothing at all………………karley

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 54
      Replies: 1106

Hello Lisa..

Definitely comfort first…but that doesn’t mean they can’t be pretty….in fact “pretty comfortable” is perfect.

What with us girls having that little bit of extra “luggage” to carry, they have to be snug but comfy….the trouble for me with the sheerest panties is, they look great, but I don’t want to spend all day with ” a boy hanging each side of a cheesewire”!!!!

…. I’ll get my coat….TAXI…naughty corner and make it snappy!!!

eye wateringly, grace xx

IsabelB
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 18, 2019
      Replies: 297

Both – I want (and wear) pretty knickers that are comfortable!

Of course, this then raises the very subjective question of what is pretty?  Pretty to me may not be pretty to others and vice versa.  Same could probably be said of comfortable…

Isabel x

Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 878

For a luscious derrière one must have STYLE!

Of course I voted comfort! I can bling the outer self to the nth degree but underneath has to have foundation! One can’t build on shoddy foundations, eh?
      However, in saying all that… prettiness is an equal factor. One has to have the desire to wear something or it will languish sadly in the drawer. I have one pair that has both… pink on pink polka dots with mesh sides and back! Style, prettiness and comfort all in one garment! They also hold all the bits in place with a satisfying firmness… what more could one want? They are also antique and quite fragile… 🥺

Polly 👙👙👙

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Alana Teal
      Lady
      Registered On: June 9, 2020
      Replies: 41

Comfort is the far most important factor. I am fortunate to have many pair of a few styles of Katie and Laura’s Fancy Satin Panties. They are comfortable and come in pretty colors. I have exclusively panties from their Princess collections.

There are the Princess Laura panties, soft and smooth with a tiny little bow up front. Then the Princess Katie panties, a bit more girly, with a scalloped waist band and a slightly bigger bow on the front. Finally, there are my favorites, Princess Juliet panties, they are even more girly, with additional lace trim on the front and a bow. They also seem to have a slight bit more stretch to them too. They come in pinks; hot pink, soft pink, bubble gum pink (my favorite), white, blue, purple, green and black. Also pink flowers and blue flowers.

There are also other styles like thongs, hipsters, ballerina, string bikini, and others.

This is what I wear everyday. I have the best of l three worlds; comfort, pretty and girly.

Have a panty perfect day!

Alana

Genevïéve
        Lady
        Registered On: July 28, 2020
        Topics: 26
        Replies: 1051

K&L panties… very cute. Love them…may have to splurge a tad.

I like the ‘Katie’ panties with the bigger bow. 🥰

Gen ❤

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 146
      Replies: 1962

Comfort of course …..  comfort that is with secondary prettiness and style. I do love a tight panty pair of panties (I am being pedantic because you cant have a singular panty, because panties have got two leg holes)  – with some stretch so they are tight across the bottom. I love the sort that bisect the cheeks so you can feel them when you walk if you divert your body awareness senses to that area.

I have some with a lacy back – and I must say I don’t like the feel of the lace imprinting on my bum. I like a mesh back. It helps with the appreciation of airflow.   Style is important for that other requirement for the perfect panties –  security.  Much has been posted about tucking so I will say no more.

hugs, Steph  🩲xx

Genevïéve
      Lady
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1051

100% Comfort

Knickers don’t have to have ‘bling ‘ to be pretty. 🥰

Sexiness, is in the eye of the beholder…

Love,

Gen ❤

patty williams
      Lady
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 70
      Replies: 1313

Great question Lisa,

And A tough one at that.

I must say sexy and pretty ate a priority but when it comes right down to it comfort has to come first.

Patty

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 124

I have to say comfort. I have bought panties based on prettiness then tried wearing them for a day and it did not work out to well. I now know what to look for to try and get the best of both worlds, the look with the comfort. Pretty is good if you are just wearing them for a short time to get a look or reaction.

Holly

Andi DuBois
      Lady
      Registered On: January 7, 2021
      Replies: 69

I’m not sure how to vote…

Pretty is always very important, if I want dull, plain or boring underwear then I still have the “male” ones!

My definition of comfortable has to include things not falling out on days I don’t want to wear a gaff or be bothered with the hassle of taping.

Material is also key, my preference is always for silky and lacy (well why wouldn’t you)!

-A.

Roberta Broussard
      Baroness
      Registered On: July 20, 2020
      Replies: 92

Interesting question but I can have both. Im first drawn to Pretty than i look at the comfort factor.

Cynthia Hughes
      Lady
      Registered On: March 12, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 156

I’m gonna go with comfort on this one. I have purchased lots of underwear and I do tend to lean towards the fancier looking ones but if they are not comfortable they end up at the far end of the drawer to be used only when absolutely needed.

Cynthia

Jennifer Lynn
      Lady
      Registered On: August 15, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 234

Comfort is #1. I have my everyday panties which are so comfy like a second skin. and they are also pretty. Then I have my very sexy pretty panties which may not be as comfy but aren’t intended to be worn for an extended period of time.

Diana Morgan
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 580

I’m with SWMBO here, there’s no point in looking unutterably sexy but being uncomfortable – it spoils the whole effect if one is constantly adjusting ones knickers – just my opinion of course.

Sexy AND comfortable

Diana

LisaT
        Lady

I did say you can’t have both but it’s expected that they need to be pretty as well. The question I suppose is which is most important.

Darcy Grigsby
      Lady
      Registered On: July 1, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 38

I voted for pretty because that is what I am drawn to, but I also don’t like falling out so I have been more careful in that regard in my selections. What’s really most unpleasant is to fall out and then sit! Things get split or pinched in a most dissatisfying manner!

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account