- March 24, 2021 at 2:23 am #468405LisaTParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 475Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
It is slightly fascinating how even before I crossdressed (ignoring for a moment childhood adventures) how many little things were there as signs. Lingerie shops for one. I didn’t realise how nervous men tend to be around buying lingerie until I started reading the many threads about shopping. I have always visited lingerie shops to buy underwear for my wife, usually as gifts. Of course my early inclinations tended to be mainly little bits of string with the minimum fabric but I improved …….slighty. Eventually with drawers full of panties she never wore I was banned from buying lingerie as gifts.
This morning while dressing she who must be obeyed observed
“oh you’re wearing those funny knickers.”
“Funny” I queried defensively.
“Yes they are very sexy from the front but I don’t like the back” she said.
She has never liked lace, just one of the reasons I was banned from buying her underwear. And the back of these particular briefs are pure lace.
“But I like them they are comfortable” I replied.
“Yes” she said. “At last you understand that comfort is the single most important thing about knickers. “Another good thing to come out of you crossdressing”
What could I say. She who must be obeyed has the last word…..again!
Ok girls whats most important when buying knickers for yourself prettiness or comfort. No cheating for the sake of this discussion you can’t have both.
- This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by LisaT.
Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 11, 2021 at 2:28 am #476226Ambermaria MartinezDuchessRegistered On: July 8, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 60Has thanked: 15 timesBeen thanked: 193 times
Well let’s see where I go lingerie shopping I look for pretty panties . comfy is important but I love prettyness also if they don’t have my size I go either one size up .and then of course we all love to have made bras also my favorite kind of panties are bali love the styles they have with the panel on side or double support .and beautiful colors
Which is also beatiful.
- April 10, 2021 at 10:03 pm #476197
- April 10, 2021 at 9:04 pm #476178Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 49Replies: 174Has thanked: 4099 timesBeen thanked: 1208 times
- April 8, 2021 at 8:40 am #475214Emily LaceLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 72Has thanked: 376 timesBeen thanked: 398 times
- April 8, 2021 at 8:27 am #475206Rayna (was Dala) CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 182Has thanked: 335 timesBeen thanked: 563 times
- March 30, 2021 at 12:28 pm #471355Stephanie PartimeLadyRegistered On: March 15, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 15Has thanked: 105 timesBeen thanked: 134 times
- March 30, 2021 at 6:39 am #471154BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 174Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 714 times
For me I just love pretty panties! However they also have to be functional. So most of mine are bikini cut, silky satin with lace trim and pretty colors and prints. I do have some for days that I am working in the yard that are cotton but still pretty because they absorb the sweat. Stephanie
- March 29, 2021 at 8:12 pm #471005Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 423Has thanked: 233 timesBeen thanked: 1682 times
I am voting for comfort. No one is going to see them anyway, and even I don’t think about which pair I’m wearing unless I am using the toilet. So I’m not overly concerned with pretty
Of course, comfort depends on the wearer. I’d say better than 90% of the time I’m wearing fanny flossers (aka thongs). But I’m often wearing a panty girdle on top to help flatten my bulge. I do have one nylon/lycra g-string with even less between my cheeks, but this is a special pair that acts both as a gaff and as a pair to make my boys look like girls. It works well under a bathing suit. It’s not as comfortable but it works well for its job.
- March 30, 2021 at 1:10 am #471062LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 475Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
Goodness I never thought I would see comfort and thongs in the same expression. I knew they must suit some people but having string splitting me in two never works for me . That said I do have one thong that’s ok I just never think of it as comfortable even tho I guess it’s not uncomfortable.
Hmmm I’m confusing myself now.
- March 29, 2021 at 12:06 pm #470790Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 1029Has thanked: 13107 timesBeen thanked: 4061 times
For me, comfort comes first. Panties are the only clothing item that is in contact with my body longer than my bra, the first two items I put on when first getting dressed for the day.
Now, finding a comfortable style and/or fabric, I look for sexy and pretty panties, and possible matching bra. To find a set, bra and panties, that is both comfortable and sexy is just the best purchase a girl can make.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Paula F.
- March 29, 2021 at 11:58 am #470783Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 682Has thanked: 43070 timesBeen thanked: 1365 times
I voted pretty is what I look for when buying panties for myself. My current count of 70 pairs range from full front and rear coverage to barely enough to cover the front and “dental floss” for the rear. I just feel comfortable in any style of panties, except boyshorts and oversized “granny panties”.
- March 29, 2021 at 10:22 am #470749Kelly AnnDuchessRegistered On: November 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 32 timesBeen thanked: 262 times
- March 29, 2021 at 9:37 am #470728KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 535Has thanked: 1293 timesBeen thanked: 2320 times
Hi Lisa, when wearing panties all day, comfort definitely is the most important consideration. And for me, I define comfort as being able to hold a tuck all day without even noticing that I’m tucked. However, and a big however, if getting all glammed up in cocktail dress, garter belt and stockings, then pretty is more important when they are only being worn for a short time. So of course, one has to buy lots of panties of each type. Now on a rare occasion one can find comfortable panties that are also quite pretty and dare I say, sexy. That’s the home run purchase and then you have to go back to the store and buy all that you can. I have found some that are both and I wish I bought more of them as I can’t find them any more. Thanks for posting the question Lisa, Have a lovely week, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- March 29, 2021 at 9:11 am #470716Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1283Has thanked: 3688 timesBeen thanked: 3545 times
I have worn panties(knickers) full time for a year and a half or so now, so comfort is important. Now if I get “dolled” up for something special I might put on a pair of a little fancier, but less comfortable.
Just as an aside I have a couple of pair like you describe, fabric front and lace on the back which I do find comfortable, but my wife likes them too! Not on her, but she likes seeing me in them. Hope I haven’t said too much!
- March 29, 2021 at 8:43 am #470710
- March 29, 2021 at 6:19 am #470655Anne-MarieLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 389Has thanked: 317 timesBeen thanked: 1060 times
The most important thing for me is comfort 100% No question.
Having said that, comfort and prettiness are not neccessarily mutually exclusive and if my knickers also look good [on me] then that is a win-win in my book.
Take care girls
- March 29, 2021 at 1:44 am #470574MichelleLadyRegistered On: October 14, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 18 times
I am 60 and have worn panties for years, can’t remember the last time I wore men’s boxers. My wife and I are retired and have a small farm in a rural area in central Florida. I like breathable, comfortable panties to wear during the day while working.
By accident quite some time ago I put a pair on backwards. It became one of those “aha” moments. That particular pair of panties fit perfect that way. The front was now more spacious and the back was now a sexy “French cut” with lace. We have Ross stores all over the place around us. They typically have great selections of inexpensive women’s clothing and racks of panties to chose from. It is a lot of fun looking for inexpensive dresses there.
- March 24, 2021 at 1:58 pm #468610
- March 24, 2021 at 10:01 am #468527Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 24Replies: 768Has thanked: 3081 timesBeen thanked: 3064 times
Is there room for two in that naughty corner, Grace?; because I feel exactly the same.
No ‘double’entendre intended there!!!
- Grace just said there was no room for two!!!
- Only kidding Peggylou
- March 24, 2021 at 9:55 am #468525Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 24Replies: 768Has thanked: 3081 timesBeen thanked: 3064 times
I guess as we gain more experience in this wonderful world of womenswear we are constantly learning and adapting. And on of these learning curves is with panties. We are all different shapes and sizes in that area. When I first started yes I think the prettiness was the main factor but quickly got to realise that the, let’s say, sexiest is seldom the most comfortable, less material, perhaps more scope for discomfort (do you really want a string up there all day!).
Now it’s so much fun looking for panties with both comfort and prettiness, and they are out there. I guess it’s just trial and error, and getting an eye for your size, coverage, favourite materials and of course some femininity.
And I guess GGs like you wife have had a whole lifetime to come to this conclusion.
- March 24, 2021 at 8:27 am #468488karley delawareBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 10Replies: 427Has thanked: 1963 timesBeen thanked: 1230 times
- March 24, 2021 at 7:20 am #468479Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 1106Has thanked: 3856 timesBeen thanked: 5745 times
Definitely comfort first…but that doesn’t mean they can’t be pretty….in fact “pretty comfortable” is perfect.
What with us girls having that little bit of extra “luggage” to carry, they have to be snug but comfy….the trouble for me with the sheerest panties is, they look great, but I don’t want to spend all day with ” a boy hanging each side of a cheesewire”!!!!
…. I’ll get my coat….TAXI…naughty corner and make it snappy!!!
eye wateringly, grace xx
- March 24, 2021 at 8:14 am #468486Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2002Has thanked: 3890 timesBeen thanked: 7074 times
- March 24, 2021 at 7:23 am #468481LadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 475Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 2114 times
- March 24, 2021 at 6:51 am #468472IsabelBDuchessRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 297Has thanked: 751 timesBeen thanked: 893 times
Both – I want (and wear) pretty knickers that are comfortable!
Of course, this then raises the very subjective question of what is pretty? Pretty to me may not be pretty to others and vice versa. Same could probably be said of comfortable…
- March 24, 2021 at 6:25 am #468463Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 878Has thanked: 1233 timesBeen thanked: 2920 times
For a luscious derrière one must have STYLE!
Of course I voted comfort! I can bling the outer self to the nth degree but underneath has to have foundation! One can’t build on shoddy foundations, eh?
However, in saying all that… prettiness is an equal factor. One has to have the desire to wear something or it will languish sadly in the drawer. I have one pair that has both… pink on pink polka dots with mesh sides and back! Style, prettiness and comfort all in one garment! They also hold all the bits in place with a satisfying firmness… what more could one want? They are also antique and quite fragile… 🥺
- March 24, 2021 at 6:22 am #468461Alana TealLadyRegistered On: June 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 41Has thanked: 319 timesBeen thanked: 192 times
Comfort is the far most important factor. I am fortunate to have many pair of a few styles of Katie and Laura’s Fancy Satin Panties. They are comfortable and come in pretty colors. I have exclusively panties from their Princess collections.
There are the Princess Laura panties, soft and smooth with a tiny little bow up front. Then the Princess Katie panties, a bit more girly, with a scalloped waist band and a slightly bigger bow on the front. Finally, there are my favorites, Princess Juliet panties, they are even more girly, with additional lace trim on the front and a bow. They also seem to have a slight bit more stretch to them too. They come in pinks; hot pink, soft pink, bubble gum pink (my favorite), white, blue, purple, green and black. Also pink flowers and blue flowers.
There are also other styles like thongs, hipsters, ballerina, string bikini, and others.
This is what I wear everyday. I have the best of l three worlds; comfort, pretty and girly.
Have a panty perfect day!
- March 29, 2021 at 6:09 am #470653
- March 24, 2021 at 5:32 am #468454stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1962Has thanked: 3128 timesBeen thanked: 9008 times
Comfort of course ….. comfort that is with secondary prettiness and style. I do love a tight
pantypair of panties (I am being pedantic because you cant have a singular panty, because panties have got two leg holes) – with some stretch so they are tight across the bottom. I love the sort that bisect the cheeks so you can feel them when you walk if you divert your body awareness senses to that area.
I have some with a lacy back – and I must say I don’t like the feel of the lace imprinting on my bum. I like a mesh back. It helps with the appreciation of airflow. Style is important for that other requirement for the perfect panties – security. Much has been posted about tucking so I will say no more.
hugs, Steph 🩲xx
- March 24, 2021 at 5:06 am #468450GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1051Has thanked: 9092 timesBeen thanked: 4316 times
- March 24, 2021 at 4:46 am #468442patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 70Replies: 1313Has thanked: 2170 timesBeen thanked: 4626 times
- March 24, 2021 at 4:22 am #468440AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 124Has thanked: 160 timesBeen thanked: 444 times
I have to say comfort. I have bought panties based on prettiness then tried wearing them for a day and it did not work out to well. I now know what to look for to try and get the best of both worlds, the look with the comfort. Pretty is good if you are just wearing them for a short time to get a look or reaction.
- March 24, 2021 at 4:08 am #468438Andi DuBoisLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 69Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 286 times
I’m not sure how to vote…
Pretty is always very important, if I want dull, plain or boring underwear then I still have the “male” ones!
My definition of comfortable has to include things not falling out on days I don’t want to wear a gaff or be bothered with the hassle of taping.
Material is also key, my preference is always for silky and lacy (well why wouldn’t you)!
- March 24, 2021 at 3:41 am #468429Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 92Has thanked: 1116 timesBeen thanked: 371 times
- March 24, 2021 at 3:18 am #468425Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 156Has thanked: 215 timesBeen thanked: 511 times
I’m gonna go with comfort on this one. I have purchased lots of underwear and I do tend to lean towards the fancier looking ones but if they are not comfortable they end up at the far end of the drawer to be used only when absolutely needed.
- March 24, 2021 at 2:55 am #468416Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 234Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 1242 times
Comfort is #1. I have my everyday panties which are so comfy like a second skin. and they are also pretty. Then I have my very sexy pretty panties which may not be as comfy but aren’t intended to be worn for an extended period of time.
- March 24, 2021 at 2:37 am #468411Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 580Has thanked: 4209 timesBeen thanked: 1779 times
I’m with SWMBO here, there’s no point in looking unutterably sexy but being uncomfortable – it spoils the whole effect if one is constantly adjusting ones knickers – just my opinion of course.
Sexy AND comfortable
- March 24, 2021 at 2:35 am #468410Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 38Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 236 times
I voted for pretty because that is what I am drawn to, but I also don’t like falling out so I have been more careful in that regard in my selections. What’s really most unpleasant is to fall out and then sit! Things get split or pinched in a most dissatisfying manner!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.