Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Krista
      Duchess

Hi Everyone, I just came across a very interesting video on YouTube by Sydney Lovekiss, someone who started as a CD and is now in transition.  She talks about three things we do that as CDs we need to avoid.  Briefly: checking out women; mansplaining, and trying to fix women. Sydney explains it a lot better than me in her short six minute video.  Here is the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxjQvx-i_BU

Oh and check out some of her other videos.  She has a lot of relevant videos on topics of interest to us.   Take care, have a wonderful weekend, And have a Very Happy Easter, Hugs, Krista.

There are a lot more than 3, and I am sure we will have quite a list before too long.

1)  Scratching your crotch

2)  Wide open mouth yawning

3)  Trying to pass wind without anyone noticing then blaming the dog

4)  “Hey watch this!  Hold my beer.”

5)  Saying “I’m only going to explain this once.”              again.

6)  Going to the hardware/sporting goods/auto parts store “for a few minutes”

PaulaF

Anonymous

Totally agree Paula…

and the list will grow and grow….

Worst one for me is number three…I don’t have a dog…yikes!!!!

Grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

Ah you may not have a dog Grace but you have a mole, no not the ones on your body sweetie,but the one in your garden, that in the absence of a dog could be considered a direct replacement for one. 

Anonymous

Amanda…that brings to mind an age old question…..do moles fart!!!!

Yes Grace.  Of course moles flatulate.  I do not know if any government has yet paid for a study of just how much methane a worm converts to in a rodents gut, but it has to be uncomfortable, ergo, they fart.

If mammals did not have a way to expel methane from their bodies, then we would need to fall back on Sir Issacs idea of equal and opposite reactions.  The more worms, among other things, that a subterranean mammal could consume would be directly proportional to the gaseous swelling in its tummy.

Now, methane being lighter than air, and to have more room to move around, the mole in question, would need to come to the surface.  The warming effect of our sun would increase the expansion of the methane.  The direct result of all the small rodents swelling to resemble small fuzzy balloons, which h could possibly blot out the sun in some areas.  And let us begin to postulate about cows, horses, pigs and elephants.

Just what was David Gilmour hinting at in “Pigs On The Wing”?

Oh my!!

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.
            • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.

https://youtu.be/I1Jli3EQCII

Everything you ever needed to know about moles 😄

Love Laura

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Paula, thanks for your post.  Your response had me chuckling several times.  It’s always a good sign when we recognize our behavior and then can laugh at our selves.  Hugs, Krista

Ohh, Paula…

Since Polly became a full time entity I can’t go into any hardware store without feeling self conscious! I’m finding that I have to ask for help a lot more even though I’m totally experienced as a builder and have all the tools that I’ll ever need. Weird!

I’m now painfully aware of the mansplaining thingy and really have to catch myself before it starts! Just to participate in a conversation can be gruelling as there are so many pitfalls😳

One has to listen very carefully to what subjects are taboo when women speak of feminine issues… tread very carefully and try and catch all the clues and cues otherwise mistakes will be made!

Not so perfect Polly 💋💋💋

Anonymous

Hi Krista,

I enjoyed the video. I’m nowhere near being dressed in the company of women but …

eek ! Mansplaining – guilty as charged. To be fair I’m gender neutral on this – I mansplain to men too. Oh … no, that’s the whole point …

Work in progress on this one, I think 😉

Marti xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

That was interesting Krista.  Thanks for sharing!  I do have to ask something to see if others here experience the same thing.  Maybe I’m self conscious, maybe I do this and don’t realize it.

I have to preface this by saying, as a guy, well as a girl too, I love breasts.  Don’t know what it is.  I just love them.  Anyway, I work in an office and I try to be VERY conscious of when I’m talking to females (everywhere, but especially in the office), that I’m looking in their eyes and not letting my eyes wander.  I’ve worked with some majorly attractive women over the years and several like to flaunt ‘the girls’ and it’s hard not to peek, but I try to be laser focused on the eyes.  To my question, I notice that when I’m talking to a female, if they are wearing a jacket, they will always close it over their breasts when they’re talking to me and it doesn’t necessarily happen right away.

As I said, I’m really focused on their eyes with mine and don’t wander, but then they cover up and I wonder, did I just look without knowing?  Maybe GG’s do this out of habit regardless of who they’re talking to and I just am over sensitive to it.  Not sure.  Just wanted to get other opinions.  Maybe this is a weird question, but listening to Sydney’s video made me think of it.

tara 🙂

Anonymous

Tara,

As a friend recently told me, “even gay men look at cleavage! It’s hard wired into our brains!” Lol.

Let’s be honest. It’s a sexually-connected characteristic women have, and it’s obvious, and they KNOW it’s obvious and actually often try to enhance by what they wear. WE know that better than anyone, right? All the tutorials about breast forms and creating the illusion of cleavage and the desire to “show them off” when you can have them. Push up bras, showing a little lace from the bra, showing bra straps, low cut blouses/dresses, etc etc.

So I don’t think it’s a matter of whether we look. Of course we do. We know it; they know it. It’s HOW we look. Observing breasts in a passing glance every once in a while without lingering your stare there is not disrespectful; I think it’s natural. Dropping your jaw, leaning in and boring a hole with your eyes through their breasts: disrespectful.

So like you, I just try to be cognizant of when my eyes “slip” and then immediately return them to their eyes. If it helps you, maybe you can study how they did their eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara for tips! 😂 (Yes, that actually helps me). Plus, I think the most beautiful feature of any woman is her eyes. I love eyes. And I love how they enhance the beauty of their eyes.

Anonymous
          Lady

That’s a great idea!  Thanks!!

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Tara, like Sydney said in her video, you notice when you are being stared at.  One time when I was really glammed up in a cocktail dress, black stockings, heels, professional make up, etc, I felt that someone was staring at me.  I looked around the room and sure enough there was a young guy just staring – like burning a hole right through me. It really made me feel put off.  I don’t mind when guys are flirting with me, it’s kind of fun; but the intense staring is NOT fun. Thanks again.  All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Thanks Krista! I just found her about a week ago and subscribed on YouTube. She has a number of VERY GOOD short videos for cross dressers that are very practical. Same with Kimberley Beregrove, whose channel I also subscribe to. I really like Kimberley too because she is also a very devoted and fairly conservative Christian like me, but she makes no apologies for her CD/TG self.

I think the one thing that frustrates me a little bit about both of them (and I mean this in a purely selfish way, not in a general condemnation way), is that I think they both once billed themselves “merely” as CDers but then both have now embraced the notion of transitioning into women with hormones and such. That’s great for them if that’s what they feel they need to do. It’s not so great for me and those like me who keep trying to convince our wives/SOs that we are not going to become women ourselves and someone they don’t recognize and didn’t marry. That’s one of the reassurances many of us want to give, but the more you see people leaving CDing behind for transition, the harder it becomes to make that a convincing case. I would love to show my wife some of Kimberley’s thoughts on how CDing fits in with her faith, but the minute she would discover that Kimberley now has moved on to transitioning, I would hear the, “I told you sos.” It scares our wives to see people take those next steps we promise we wouldn’t take. Again — selfish rant not a judgment against them and what they’re doing. Just that it makes it harder for me and those like me.

P.S., I don’t think mansplaining is a thing, at least in how it is used in culture. It’s how men talk period — not directed specifically as it’s billed, which is as a patronizing approach to women. We tend to be matter of fact with everyone. We tend to ignore emotional cues and just explain stuff to everyone. I wish we could just call it what it is without the gender tinge to it: patronizing. And nobody likes it when someone patronizes them, men or women. We would all do well to, as my wife says, “watch our tone.”

Anonymous
        Lady

Did you just mansplain about how men don’t really mansplain but that’s how they talk?

HA!!  LOL!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

(Also, just making sure you know I’m just joshing you and wasn’t serious 🙂 )

Anonymous

Tara,

No; I patronized you!!! Lol! 😂 😆 😝

Steph

Anonymous
            Lady

🙂

Hi Krista,

Happy Easter to you.  Will check out the link.

Alice

Thanks for the link Krista.

Everydays a school day, and all her points make sense. The issues raised are definitely male tendencies we need to be aware of, and by being aware of them, try to curb them.

❤️Bianca

Hi All, There are some good videos on the web with Rev Paula Stone Williams who transitioned after being a leader in her national religious community for decades. Anyway, I learned a lot from her about mansplaining and overbearing male behavior. Feel it made me a better person in general.

Krista,

This will start a list…

Along with Paula’s list I might add whistling! Apart from on the farm I have never ever heard a woman whistle. I mean whistle for pleasure, whistle a tune…
      Women seem to hum. I walk around with pursed lips wanting to whistle but after my wife has admonished me… man, it’s difficult to stop!

So whistling is also a give away!

I also like to ask if anyone has considered the reverse? If one is transitioning but still likes sex with women… does this mean they are lesbian? To take that further… do lesbians check out other women? If so, how do lesbians do it?

Polly

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Polly, I will have to agree with you about whistling.  My wife has also mentioned that one to me.  Definitely a guy thing. When I now go for my twice-daily walks, I no longer whistle and instead hum.  And wear a big smile while holding my head high stretching my neck.  This also helps in femininizing my voice when I greet a fellow walker passing by.  Oh, just so many things to remember but over time it starts to become natural.  I know of some MTF trans people who have a hard time going back to their old male voice because their femme voice has become natural to them.  Thanks Polly, take care and have a lovely Easter. Hugs, Krista.

Peta Mari
        Lady

You certainly don’t want to “wolf whistle,” a pretty gal walking down the street!  😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Never have, never will Mary Jane! I’ve always thought that the very nadir of male ‘normalized’ behaviour!

Polly🙀🤜🏼🦷

The cat call, and wolf whistle I have always found repulsive… even in male standards… I’ve never seen a female take kindly to it and don’t believe I would of it happened towards me .  Certain “norms” are just ridiculously crude

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Tonya Leren. Reason: Typo

I don’t know about this – “might want” is better than “need”.

We all need to be ourselves and figure out what mistakes we’re making on our own.

Nobody’s perfect.

Some people manipulate appearance and tone to deceive.

Maybe I’m just over-thinking it…

Love Laura

I think that the way I eat would probably be not very lady like at all. I have always had jobs where I had limited time to eat so I wolf down my food always. So far as checking out women, my wife and I both do it and I think most women check out the “competition”. We both check out their clothes and admire a nice figure. I also still have to concentrate on my walk and body language as I revert to male mode easily. There’s sooo many more but these are my most noticeable. Stephanie

I’ve not watched any videos but something I do when around the females I know,  I try to compare my own behavior to theirs… not just for my time as Tonya… but to learn what male tendencies really aren’t even “manly” but yet repulsive

Anonymous

WORM WIND…!!!!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?