Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Alex Hill
      Lady

This is the second part of my crossdressing story/fascination with woman’s clothes posts and the timing of this particular story could not come at a better time given children (across the world?) will be performing in their school Christmas plays (assuming they haven’t been cancelled given the current state of the world of course).

One year, I had to wear tights in my school Christmas play. I was in either year 1 or year 2 (UK school system), so would have been around five or six. I, along with around ten other children was to be a piece of tinsel.

The teaching assistant gathered us around and said, with a twinkle in her eye.

“For our performance, we’re going to be wearing tights” she emphasised the word tights, paused for dramatic effect drinking in our blank stares, then said laughing “even the boys!”

A chorus of embarrassed groans went around the assembled boys, with gasps and giggles from the girls. As for myself, I swallowed my emotions and didn’t really react, although looking back I can sense their was a niggle of anger and fear (I often wonder these days, is making children wear silly costumes for school plays etc really a healthy thing to do? ).

When rehearsals came round I was given a pair of ribbed red opaque cotton tights. I rather liked them and found them nice and comfy. I wasn’t interested in wearing girls clothing at the time, although I was curious (which I will talk about in another post).

These tights had one major problem, there was a large hole in the crotch area. I tried to sit with my legs together so no one would notice, but a classmate saw. He pointed out to me only the lead, George (not real name), was supposed to have holes in his tights (the performance was about this deshelled piece of tinsel, whose costume was the same as all the other pieces of tinsel expect rips and holes were cut into his tights).

My classmate told the teacher, and I was given another pair of tights. I wasn’t so keen on these new tights. They were purple, nylon, perhaps around 40 denier, and textured with little balls patterned all over them. They didn’t look nice, nor were they as comfy as my previous red tights.

“What are wearing in the Christmas play?” Mum asked, one evening close to the performance, a big grin on her face. I gave her blank look, Mum was very good at asking me random questions out of the blue.

“Have you got to wear tights?” she giggled.

I nodded, annoyed she was bringing this up randomly and teasing me. I enjoyed being teased by Mum, and had the environment been different, maybe I could have playfully prompted her to buy me a pair of tights.

“What colour?”

“Purple.”

“Well at least their your favourite colour.”

I remember my favourite colour being blue, but hey ho, purple was probably my favourite colour at the time. I wanted to say how I had originally been given a red pair which were much nicer, but having been caught off guard by this conversation I found I couldn’t say anything.

When performance day came round, it wasn’t the tights which felt weird to wear, it was the top. We wore sleeveless tops, made from a stiff velvet type material. I’d never worn sleeveless tops before, and I noticed how odd it felt to have my upper arms exposed.

We went onstage to raucous laughter from the parents, and that was that.

Around the same time, I performed in another show, this time a fundraising event for my local scout group (I was in the beaver section at the time which is for 6-8 year olds). Each section was to perform a small act.

An early idea for our section was to perform Old McDonald Had A Farm, and someone needed to play the part of Mrs McDonald. This was in the 90s when Scouts was boys only. I nearly volunteered for Mrs McDonald, only anxiety of being on stage stopped me (particularly with my parents in the audience). But I certainly enjoyed the idea of being Mrs McDonald, wearing a nice old fashioned dress, the sort of thing a farmers wife would wear. Another boy, with more confidence than me volunteered for the part (I think he was the only one).

As it turned out, we never performed Old McDonald Had A Farm, instead we opted for a circus act, which was much more comfortable to perform. And consisted of us running around the stage like lunatics for the duration of the act, slipping on pretend banana skin, throwing bean bags around, and creating general carnage!

Anonymous

Well, thank the Lord for sports leggings! You can look the part without having to …. hang on, is this a trick question? And here is another thought … I wish someone  had made me wear tights at school! I’d be far more relaxed outside. Hey – you found me dancing in the street, when I thought it was empty. You are welcome indeed. Fancy a rhumba? School plays are fab, by the way, you can be” someone else” with comfort.

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi Alex,

I was in countless school plays and Christmas shows as a child, then being in drama groups at college and university but never worn tights in any of the performances.  I was even in dance groups but those costumes usually consisted on Lycra bodysuits at best.

Opportunities did arise to play a female role but I was always too scared to stick my hand up, if I had my time again maybe I would a bit more adventurous.

Love,

Tara x

I was in a school musical when I was 11 and two girls put some lipstick on my lips…little did I know.

Alex Hill
        Lady

Ah makeup, every girl’s weapon of choice when it comes teasing boys. I have a story to share about myself and a girl with her makeup and where it led us to, which I’m planning to share later this week.

I was in year 2 I think when I was chosen to play a bit part in a school play. Yes, I was required to wear tights but I put up so much fuss I got out of it. The problem with me is that things like this sow a seed, from that point on I wondered what they felt like on. I eventually tried on some nylons as a result of that curiosity – here I am. Would I have got here via a different route? Who knows!

Love Jane X.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Jane Plain.
        Alex Hill
        Lady

I’m sure you would have!

Yes, our self consciousness can sometimes prevent what could have been a brilliant experience.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Now there is a memory. I was what? seven? The female teacher, with a twinkle in her eye no doubt, had about six of us boys ‘volunteer’ to be fairies at the bottom of the garden. I think we were ‘picked’ and I was okay as it was safety in numbers. One lad didn’t have a sister so the teacher found a very nice dress for him. I, on the other hand, had sisters and a mum who was a dressmaker who took it seriously. I had a nice silky top with a net tutu, tights and ballet flats. A bit of makeup and I was the happiest fairy of them all.

Alex Hill
        Lady

Ooooh, I would have loved that, maybe not at the time due to feeling embarrassed, but I do like the idea of being dressed up as fairy/ballerina. I can’t say I’m a fan of tutu’s but I think its the tights which make the costume in that instance.

Hello Alex, I was in our school play when I was 6, but did not have to wear tights, I had a pair of knickers to wear. I will explain, I had to play a tree, all green colour. I had a green t-shirt but no shorts or socks, my Aunt said to my Mum, he can borrow my girls ( she was 4 years older than me ) socks & knickers, they are green ( not an unusual colour in the late 50,s for girls school wear ) no one will notice. So I was dressed in a green t-shirt, socks & knickers. Many years later I met an old school mate & he said do you remember that boy who wore girls knickers in that play we did, he said he could not remember his name, I said neither can I. Maybe that what got me going on my road to crossdressing. love Helenmarie

Alex Hill
        Lady

Embarrassing! Were you into girls clothing at the time, or were they just clothes?

This reminds me of another experience I had when we had a roman day and had wear a toga. I had one of my auntie’s red t-shirts to wear, with a belt. The t-shirt came to just above my knees, and looked very much like a dress. My five/six year old brain didn’t realise I was practically wearing a dress, in my mind I was a roman centurian, much cooler! I can’t remember, but I assume to the girls wore roman style maxi dresses rather than togas.

Hello Alex, When I met the old school mate I was CD by then, but I keep it secert from him, love Helenmarie

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Alex ,

First of all , what a great story , thanks for sharing it with us !

Just a thought.

That boy who volunteered , was perhaps dissapointed he coudn’t play Mrs McDonald.
      Maybe for him , at his young age , it was an oppertunity to dress up as a Girl without
      rasing anybodies suspicion.
      If so , hope he did have other possibilities….

Love Sylvia..

Alex Hill
        Lady

You might be right. If the desire to dress is there, opportunities find us!

Anonymous

Oh the days of child hood, where wearing anything other than the prescribed societal norms was seen as cute and sometimes even a phase. I can say at the time I would’ve loved to have the opportunity to wear something like that, but at the same time would’ve feared it due to the knuckleheads I went to school with

Hi Alex nice meeting you and never got to wear tights as a young kid but as a young cub scout before boy scouts  we had a halloween carnival and all cubs had to particapate in the spook house .. We were chosen by a name draw out of a fish bowl to what we did and myself and another boy got chosen as the ha ha fat ladys pitched a fit had to make it look good then conceded and went thru with it other boy backed out as he he was sick that night .. Mom did me up right pillow for belly and everything else went to goodwill for clothes then a wig shoes and makeup was a blast all down hill from there or is that up hill im thinking yes ha ha ..

Stephanie Bass

I remember when I was about 10 years old (4th or 5th grade) the boys (myself included) had to wear tights for a school play.  My mother gave me a pair of my sister’s black tights to wear on the dress rehearsal day and on the day of the performance.

I found it nice to wear, and surprising how quickly it just became part of my leg unless I moved my legs just so inside my pants or touched my pants with my hands.  I’m pretty sure we didn’t have gym those two days.  I think I remember it feeling a bit chilly when I first removed my pants to do the performance.

Krissy
        Lady

I can remember rushing home from school to get to the village shop to buy new tights as they had some amazing shades and makes! Back in the early 80s a local shop that stocked ‘ pretty polly, aristoc was something I’d rave about and my friend that was a girl was always happy to keep my secret ❤ and she would turn me into the most beautiful teenage girl ever! She kept my secret and never told a soul. I loved her very much ❤

Was painfully shy as a child and still am up to a point so would never done anything like dressing up. Remember when I was about 11 my class did play about William Tell. I didn’t take part but all the best were required to wear tights for the performance. Would have been too embarrassed despite all the others wearing tights also. Wonder if any of them went onto crossdress after the experience?

Your story about tights in a school play reminds me of a school play I was in eons ago.  Like you, it must’ve been grade 1 (maybe grade 2 ?).

It was a christmas play.  The teacher cast me as the lead role, but I couldn’t get the lines right so she gave it to someone else.  I think I wound up playing an elf.

The teacher then said “elves have to wear leotards (tights)”.  Being so young, I had no idea what leotards were, but one girl cast as an elf piped up and said I can bring in leotards for (me and this other boy).

So she brought them in, we wore them, did the play.  I remember this part distinctly.  In our home classroom, at the back, there was a partition where all the kids could hang up their jackets.  The 3 of us, the girl, the other boy, and me, rushed back to the home room.  I quickly took the leotards off (yes we all changed in the back) and gave it back to her.  I was so embarrassed at that time wearing “girls clothes”.

Boy, if they could see me now, I can wear tights all day and still not get enough.  In fact, wearing “girls’ clothes” is something I look forward to all the time.

I find it interesting that you called tights leotards we did the same in Canada I still love to wear leotards at 64

I believe tights in Spanish are “leotardos”, so not sure if there is a connection there or not.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Nothing for me on this topic in primary school, but I think I can recall a couples of “near misses”, (miss-ess… Geddit!!)

1/.PRIMARY  I think someone had a play at a local hall and there was a queue with kids in it who wanted to be a part of it and I think some were female roles.   I was at the wrong end and missed out.

2/. SECONDARY. In 1960’s Melbourne I attended an all male trade oriented high school and was green with envy at the policy back then of all male private schools putting on full scale productions, with boys playing the female roles.. In much later days, they combined with all girls schools for their plays.

‘Cos of my love of period formal fashion ,one I clearly remember is boys playing Lady Bracknell  et al in Wilde’s”Importance of Being Earnest”.

Been jealous of any bloke doing the same ever since.

Somewhere in some dusty photo albums of latter day societies “eminent persons”, there will be photos of these folks “in a dress”

I also seem to remember my trade school had a new English teacher the year after I left and they did a play then with some of the boys in female roles.

Ah (nearly) memories…

Caty.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?