Tagged: 

Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Can I ask you girls who wear tights, are one size tights better, or is small, medium, large , extra large etc preferable?
      What would you recommend for someone who’s about 5foot 7 inches in height?
      Liz

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I am 6″ 175LB and I wear XL for the length. One size are cheap and prone to runs (ladders), and tears. Size chart are very accurate.

Size Guide
      chart for Falke you should wear.

Large= 167 – 180 weigh 5’5″ – 5’11″height Hips 101 – 116 40″ – 46″

I usually try to stay away from one size fits all.  I find they tend to be on the smaller spectrum.

I buy tights that have size charts.  I have a bad habit of buying too large size, so after a few wears it tends to stretch out too big.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Liz!

I always get XL.

I’m five-ten and 215 lbs, so I’m at the outer-edge of XL when I look at the size charts, but most tights that size fit me just fine!

“One size fits all” isn’t for girls with my extended (distended?) girth.

Oroblu 5MX (their version of XL) fits me like a glove! Wolford, Filodoro and Elly are generous too for big gals!

Hugs! Barb 🤗

Anonymous

Well said Barb!! l love the honesty

l’ve been wearing pantyhose for many years 50+ and the best advice l can give is when you find your size be it A,B,C,D
        S,M,L XL buy the better quality Secert Leggs or good store brand names  not the bargain brand I have done both and good quality pantyhose the correct size will long outlast the bargain brands and will make your legs look much better 💕Wendy

I used to buy XL but the problem is the thicker part at the top tends to drop below my hemline…. OK longer skirts would help, but no!
      I’ve started buying large, but various shops and makes vary slightly.
      I’m 5’10” in my stockinged/tighted feet and a size 16 UK (skirt size).

Cerys

Angela Booth
      Hostess

One size is for an average size woman. You are 5’7″ so should be okay. As you can see from the replies there are girls here who are 6′ or more so they would not be a fit.

I buy plus or queen size. During the winter I live in them.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

[postquote quote=586317]

Didn’t know they came in Queen size, Amber.
      Liz

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Just as the right size bra fits better I think tights would be similar (not as important as a bra but still size does matter, LOL, never thought I would use that phrase in this context).

Hugs, Liara

Hippie
      Lady

One size will never fit me. I need at least size C/D in tights and pantyhose or size large in leggings that are extra long

Anonymous

“One Size” clothing usually comes in the wrong size.  In working out my women’s wear sizes, a great resource has been thrift stores.  One can try a likely size without paying a fortune, just always remember what fits and who made it.  One can find nice items there with few hassles.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Find your size, buy your size girl.

You said that you’re 5’7″…ok… how much do you weigh?(I don’t actually want to know)

If you’re 5’7″ and weigh 120lbs, the tights will fit one way.

If you’re 5’7″ and weigh 220lbs, the tights will look quite different.

Figure out your correct sizes and buy those sizes. It might take a little trial and error, keep the receipts and return stuff…  my Prime membership on Amazon has saved me tons on returns….

Have fun out there,

XOXO

Rayna

Hi Elizabeth,

If you’re a tall CD go for a tall size.  If big and tall with athletic legs a big/plus size should work better.  Most brands have sizing tables for weight and height guidelines.  Use those as a starting place

Alice

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Elizabeth ,

I am 183 cm in height ( about 6 Feet ).

I always buy XXL ( or XL Pantyhose if they don’t have a bigger size ) .
      Not all the brands have the same size tables , so I always check the back of the package
      when I buy them in male mode in the store.
      With the Height/Weight Table I usually can pick the right size for me.

Love Sylvia.

I see you’re from the UK so I’m assuming when you say tights it’s what we call pantyhose in the US.  I’ll use the term tights in that light.

I have found problems with tights that are not sized correctly.  Sometimes you can’t stretch it over your crotch to your waist.  Sometimes (for me, my waist and hips are the same size) the waist is too low (a woman’s waist is by her belly button, a man’s is below it).  In either of these cases, they tend to fall down (I have no hips to keep it up) and have to wear a girdle on top just to keep it up.  I also have found that because my stomach is larger than a woman’s, the top of the tights tend to roll down.

So I find you need to size it correctly to go up and over your midsection.  It shouldn’t be so taut against the legs that it will rip going to the loo or just moving your legs the wrong way during the day.  I’d avoid the one size unless your height and weight fit in their range

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you Alison for clarity regarding tights US tights are different and I equate US tights to be worn for Yoga… I love pantyhose.. my favorite are Hanes reflections “barely there”… I feel so feminine with a skirt or dress above the knee to show off my most feminine asset my legs.. sorry for being so vain.. Leonara

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’d avoid “one size fits all” tights.  If they do fit, they probably won’t fit well.  Buying better quality hose in the correct size for your body will give you the best fit and the most comfort.  Standard sizes don’t exist unfortunately.  If you wear a large from one manufacturer, you might need an extra large from another manufacturer.  Even different product lines from the same manufacturer could have different sizing.  You just have to rely on the size chart for each pair of hose you buy.  If you’re between sizes, it’s almost always best to go with the larger size.

Hope this helps.

[postquote quote=587252]
      I know you hate tights Stephanie, but I can’t holdups to stay up, so what has a girl to do?

Liz

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Elizabeth, I had the same problem with holdups/thighhighs until I found (Jobst It Stays Roll-on Body Adhesive} works great, a wet wash cloth will remove any residue, enjoy your holdups.

I found the one size tights didn’t fit me, I have more to using XL size ones – being 6ft 4in tall and large dress size they fit me just right 🙂

Siobhan
      Lady

No, I buy from snag tights, no connection, just a customer.
      They are designed for all body shapes including larger ladies, and taller ladies too.
      They have a good sizing chart. They fit. I can’t seem to get the length in a store.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?