- Extra large
- December 9, 2021 at 7:37 am #586250Elizabeth(Liz)ParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 408Has thanked: 2779 timesBeen thanked: 1829 times
Can I ask you girls who wear tights, are one size tights better, or is small, medium, large , extra large etc preferable?
What would you recommend for someone who’s about 5foot 7 inches in height?
- January 3, 2022 at 2:28 pm #603345SiobhanLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 126Has thanked: 885 timesBeen thanked: 658 times
- December 11, 2021 at 10:58 am #587445Alicen ThairmsLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 57Replies: 464Has thanked: 1840 timesBeen thanked: 1532 times
- December 11, 2021 at 2:11 am #587253Elizabeth(Liz)LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 408Has thanked: 2779 timesBeen thanked: 1829 times
I know you hate tights Stephanie, but I can’t holdups to stay up, so what has a girl to do?
- December 10, 2021 at 10:54 pm #587166Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1105Has thanked: 1165 timesBeen thanked: 5369 times
I’d avoid “one size fits all” tights. If they do fit, they probably won’t fit well. Buying better quality hose in the correct size for your body will give you the best fit and the most comfort. Standard sizes don’t exist unfortunately. If you wear a large from one manufacturer, you might need an extra large from another manufacturer. Even different product lines from the same manufacturer could have different sizing. You just have to rely on the size chart for each pair of hose you buy. If you’re between sizes, it’s almost always best to go with the larger size.
Hope this helps.
- December 9, 2021 at 8:00 pm #586567Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 891Has thanked: 724 timesBeen thanked: 3785 times
I see you’re from the UK so I’m assuming when you say tights it’s what we call pantyhose in the US. I’ll use the term tights in that light.
I have found problems with tights that are not sized correctly. Sometimes you can’t stretch it over your crotch to your waist. Sometimes (for me, my waist and hips are the same size) the waist is too low (a woman’s waist is by her belly button, a man’s is below it). In either of these cases, they tend to fall down (I have no hips to keep it up) and have to wear a girdle on top just to keep it up. I also have found that because my stomach is larger than a woman’s, the top of the tights tend to roll down.
So I find you need to size it correctly to go up and over your midsection. It shouldn’t be so taut against the legs that it will rip going to the loo or just moving your legs the wrong way during the day. I’d avoid the one size unless your height and weight fit in their range
- December 11, 2021 at 6:27 pm #587591LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 770Has thanked: 3242 timesBeen thanked: 2323 times
Thank you Alison for clarity regarding tights US tights are different and I equate US tights to be worn for Yoga… I love pantyhose.. my favorite are Hanes reflections “barely there”… I feel so feminine with a skirt or dress above the knee to show off my most feminine asset my legs.. sorry for being so vain.. Leonara
- December 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm #586494SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 668Has thanked: 16927 timesBeen thanked: 2775 times
Dear Elizabeth ,
I am 183 cm in height ( about 6 Feet ).
I always buy XXL ( or XL Pantyhose if they don’t have a bigger size ) .
Not all the brands have the same size tables , so I always check the back of the package
when I buy them in male mode in the store.
With the Height/Weight Table I usually can pick the right size for me.
- December 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm #586493Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 97Replies: 5619Has thanked: 7637 timesBeen thanked: 14688 times
- December 9, 2021 at 3:44 pm #586491Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 487Has thanked: 618 timesBeen thanked: 1776 times
Find your size, buy your size girl.
You said that you’re 5’7″…ok… how much do you weigh?(I don’t actually want to know)
If you’re 5’7″ and weigh 120lbs, the tights will fit one way.
If you’re 5’7″ and weigh 220lbs, the tights will look quite different.
Figure out your correct sizes and buy those sizes. It might take a little trial and error, keep the receipts and return stuff… my Prime membership on Amazon has saved me tons on returns….
Have fun out there,
- December 9, 2021 at 3:18 pm #586480AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
“One Size” clothing usually comes in the wrong size. In working out my women’s wear sizes, a great resource has been thrift stores. One can try a likely size without paying a fortune, just always remember what fits and who made it. One can find nice items there with few hassles.
- December 9, 2021 at 2:14 pm #586450
- December 9, 2021 at 10:57 am #586333Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1653Has thanked: 3292 timesBeen thanked: 5637 times
- December 9, 2021 at 10:52 am #586326Elizabeth(Liz)LadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 36Replies: 408Has thanked: 2779 timesBeen thanked: 1829 times
- December 9, 2021 at 10:45 am #586317
- December 9, 2021 at 10:09 am #586305Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1304Has thanked: 4799 timesBeen thanked: 5878 times
- December 9, 2021 at 9:27 am #586290Cerys BurtonLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2021Topics: 70Replies: 223Has thanked: 210 timesBeen thanked: 1834 times
I used to buy XL but the problem is the thicker part at the top tends to drop below my hemline…. OK longer skirts would help, but no!
I’ve started buying large, but various shops and makes vary slightly.
I’m 5’10” in my stockinged/tighted feet and a size 16 UK (skirt size).
- December 9, 2021 at 8:45 am #586283Barb WireBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 704Has thanked: 4028 timesBeen thanked: 3330 times
I always get XL.
I’m five-ten and 215 lbs, so I’m at the outer-edge of XL when I look at the size charts, but most tights that size fit me just fine!
“One size fits all” isn’t for girls with my extended (distended?) girth.
Oroblu 5MX (their version of XL) fits me like a glove! Wolford, Filodoro and Elly are generous too for big gals!
Hugs! Barb 🤗
- December 9, 2021 at 7:16 pm #586559AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Well said Barb!! l love the honesty
l’ve been wearing pantyhose for many years 50+ and the best advice l can give is when you find your size be it A,B,C,D
S,M,L XL buy the better quality Secert Leggs or good store brand names not the bargain brand I have done both and good quality pantyhose the correct size will long outlast the bargain brands and will make your legs look much better 💕Wendy
- December 9, 2021 at 8:35 am #586280Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 887Has thanked: 962 timesBeen thanked: 4032 times
I usually try to stay away from one size fits all. I find they tend to be on the smaller spectrum.
I buy tights that have size charts. I have a bad habit of buying too large size, so after a few wears it tends to stretch out too big.
- December 9, 2021 at 8:10 am #586269Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 155Has thanked: 1640 timesBeen thanked: 562 times
I am 6″ 175LB and I wear XL for the length. One size are cheap and prone to runs (ladders), and tears. Size chart are very accurate.
chart for Falke you should wear.
Large= 167 – 180 weigh 5’5″ – 5’11″height Hips 101 – 116 40″ – 46″
- This reply was modified 12 months ago by Lynda Jones.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.