• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Syndee.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello Ladies,

I am doing ok when it comes to makeup, with the exception of applying lipstick.  I can never seem to get a clean line around the lips.  Any suggestions.  I know that it will come with practice, however I am looking for techniques that seem to work for you.

Thanks, Jessica

Hi Jessica,

You might try using a lipliner pencil first, then fill in with your lipstick.

– Robyn

That’s the same answer here, apply liner with matching shade as close as possible to your lipstick. Then fill in with lipstick or lip gloss on a wand, finally smooth the two together with a lip brush. The great advantage of a lip liner pencil is you have control of creating your own lip line above your natural lips and giving it a fuller more defined look 👀

Anonymous

Thanks Robyn, I will have to try that.

Hi Jessica,

The best lines I ever get are with liquid lipstick and a suitable brush, not the applicator that is often in the bottle with it. The other trick with solid lipsticks, other than a lip liner which I totally agree with Robyn is a necessity, is to push the edge a fraction more than you like and then use a concealer on a brush to correct it back to where you want it to be, similar to carving brows.

The other thing is of course practice and don’t fear the errors its only makeup and that’s what makeup remover is for. Makeup is so much fun and I may have a slight obsession, my wife would say that slight shouldn’t be in that last statement.

Eve xx

Anonymous

Great tip Eve. I will have to try this as well. Thanks

Anonymous

Dear Jessica,

Lipstick is the final touch to the feminine face. Those perfect lips you see in ads and movies are done by professionals, don’t set your standards that high. A lip liner is helpful, but not necessary. Don’t apply lipstick well into the corners of your lips. Too much application will look clownish.

What most women do is a swipe on the lower lip and two on the upper. Starting at the apex under your nose, one swipe left, one right, then blot with a tissue to fill in creases and remove any excess. I should describe the blot procedure. One or two sheets of TP or tissue like you’re going to take a bite, but make the ‘M’ sound.

Hi girls,
      A good friend of mine, a GG girlfriend, works at my favorite MAC store. She’s shown me many tricks of the trade including doing lipstick. She takes the lipstick tube and applies two points from the solid stick right at the two top points of the cupid bow. Then runs a swipe from the lipstick tube across the lower lip but not filling it in. Everything else is filled in using a lip brush taking the lip color from the tube. Using a properly designed lip brush works so well in my opinion, far better than a lip liner pencil. You can use the edge of the brush for the outside of your lip line and the flat of the brush for filling the color in. This is how I apply my lipstick every day and you can check out my photos to see if you think it works 😉

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

While mentioned several times before my post I strongly suggest you try a lip liner. With a fine point you can “EDGE” your lips. Use a magnified mirror to see subtle non perfect  sections and touch-up. Once edge is done add regular lipstick.  Once comfortable with this you might look into using two shades of lipstick.

A plus of lip liners I have found is they do not smudge as easily as lipstick.

I always use a lip liner and most often 2 shades of lipstick.

Sandy

J J
      Lady

Two tips I have learned, always start with Cupid’s bow by making an X. It defines the rest of your lips, so it has to be right. As others have said, use a lip liner, but when done use concealer around your lips to even up the line and better define them.

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

Lipstick is the best thing about being a girl!
      These are all great tips. I always begin with exfoliating – using an exfoliating lipbalm, or even some toothpaste. Then, a primer. Then a lip outline using a well sharpened lip pencil a shade darker than my primary shade. Try applying short lines – one across the bottom, two more at the outer corners (but not your real lip corners – just inside), and the tops of your cupids bow, and then lightly connect the dots.
      Also, I always apply a shimmer highlight across the bottom lip and the top edges – to enhance light reflection.
      My favourites:
      – Mac Beet or Nightingale
      – Wayne Goss Essential Lip Pencil in Cinnamon
      – Buxom Serial Kisser Plumping Lip Stain in Beso
      – a white or pearlescent gloss lightly applied across the top of the lower lip!
      have fun!

Jessica, Think lipliner. Carefully outline your lips with the liner and then color inside the line with your lipstick. I have found that my lipstick is less prone to bleed that way. Also, if you want your lip color to last, use the lipliner to color your lips all over and put your lipstick on top. Works great for me. 😊

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

I hate it, sometimes my lups are big, small, never know what brianna’s gonna look like, then its toooo late, lol, good luck, cant wait to hear from the girl’s
      Xx
      Brianna

Anonymous

I am the same way Brianna.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I use a small angled brush to outline my lips and then fill them in.  I get an almost perfect line compared to the jagged line I get with a pencil.  Mistakes can be fixed with concealer.

Syndee
      Lady

Jessica,

The best tip I got from my daughter who is awesome at doing make up is to use a brush when applying your lip stick. I use a small elf lip brush that I got and I use it to outline my lips and then fill it in from there. I am also a big fan of the cream lip sticks that look like lip gloss but usually have a matte finish to them. I got some Paris Hilton one at a store the other day and tried them out. They go on super smooth and clean, once they are dry they are there until you choose to take them off.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?