- May 17, 2021 at 8:54 am #493009Sarah KanterParticipantRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
On my way to the office today (dressed up), I was thinking about the little things that make cross dressing fun. We all know how great it is to get dressed up and see the complete look in the mirror, but what about some of the smaller things and reminders that enhance the experience. It’s those little things that happen when you’re dressed up that you do automatically, but the instant you do them you think to yourself, “That’s what women do!” These little things are a gentle and joyous reminder of your feminine side. Here are a few of mine, in no particular order of importance.
1. The sound of heels clicking down the hall, and knowing they’re yours
2. The way the seat belt in the car goes across your chest between your breasts
3. Brushing hair out of your eyes or reaching up to adjust your pony tail
4. Looking down to watch your step on rough ground and seeing the smooth profile of a pencil skirt or skinny jeans
5. The feel of the air (and fabric) on your legs in a dress or skirt
6. Feeling long hair on the back of your neck
7. Reaching into your purse for things, instead of into your pockets
8. Hearing someone refer to you with feminine words (ma’am, Miss, Ms, her, she, etc)
9. The gentle press of bra straps
10. Catching an unanticipated glimpse of yourself in a reflecting window or small mirror as you’re going about your daily business
Total of 48 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 24, 2021 at 1:27 pm #495898Alexandra ForbesDuchessRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 6Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
- The faint scent of my perfume.
- The slight sheen on my hosiery.
- The swish of my skirt.
- The way my hands and nails look after applying a bit of lotion.
- The process of touching up makeup in the women’s room mirror.
- The curves of my chest and butt.
- That feeling you get just before walking out the door after hours of getting ready.
- The way my legs look when they are crossed.
- The admiring glance.
- The shine of my lips.
- May 24, 2021 at 12:41 pm #495893LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 1187Has thanked: 3828 timesBeen thanked: 5719 times
My favourite, favourite thing is when people go beyond acceptance, and compliment you on your look – especially when you’ve been going about your business all day, and someone randomly comes up to you and says “You look amazing!”
It happened to me at least 3 times this weekend (discounting the lovely, somewhat inebriated people in bars!) – the nicest was when I approached the Queens Arms, hoping to get tickets to see Sally Vate, and my friend Nicole (a local Brighton CD) suddenly appeared behind me.
We were just chatting and catching up excitedly, as we hadn’t seen each other for ages, when a gentleman crossed the road towards us and said something like “You two look fantastic – A1!” – actually, he said a lot more, and was really complimentary – which was unexpected from a gentleman of his generation, and we were left giggling like schoolgirls!
Those unexpected moments, when people don’t just accept, but love what you do, are priceless.
- May 24, 2021 at 12:11 pm #495890Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 56Has thanked: 126 timesBeen thanked: 242 times
Here are my ten:
1.The glint from my earrings in mirrors as I pass by.
2.My heels clicking on pavement.
3.Leaving lipstick on a glass or coffee cup.
4.The feel of my stockings or skinny jeans on freshly shaved legs.
6.The jingling of a cute bracelet.
7.The way my breasts move when wearing a bra and forms
8.Touching up my lipstick in public
9.Waking up in babydoll PJs
- May 24, 2021 at 10:40 am #495861Billie ToddLadyRegistered On: May 24, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 4 times
- May 24, 2021 at 1:43 pm #495899Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
l work in a universirty. I teach soiciology as an adjunct. So, everyone in my department is open minded, and weird! I dont go in everyday, but dressing up makes monotonous things like grading fun. I don’t teach dressed up, but i might if i thought it would make a good object lesson in class.
- May 24, 2021 at 9:49 am #495837Nancy GammsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 13Replies: 206Has thanked: 31 timesBeen thanked: 497 times
Leaving lipstick marks on my coffee cup or wine glass.
Your number 8 stands out to me.
8. Hearing someone refer to you with feminine words (ma’am, Miss, Ms, her, she, etc)
There are times when out in a restaurant or someplace where I sort of forget I’m dressed and just am me and then someone will reference me a female and it get a big smile.
- May 23, 2021 at 4:09 am #495344Candace BaciLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 135Has thanked: 458 timesBeen thanked: 941 times
1) The feel of your stockings being put on your freshly shaved legs
2) The sound of a tight bodycon dress being put on over those stockings
3) Your first glance in the mirror after your makeup has been applied.
4) My first ponytail
5) The clicking of my heels when I walk in a store .
6) The rustling of my stocking clad thighs as I’m walking.
7) reapplying my lip gloss
8) having someone say thank you miss
9) The breeze on your legs from the air conditioner in your car
10) The genuineness and exhilaration of a glance from a man when you enter!! ( My favorite of them all!)
I could go on forever, but then there would be no time to dress lol!!
Hugs and Kisses
- May 24, 2021 at 10:06 am #495845
- May 19, 2021 at 5:07 pm #493907Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 531Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 2436 times
. .For me the biggest little thing is my hair. The ONLY god thing that came from covid is the perfect excuse to let my hair grow out. Had one experience last summer a little 10 yr old girl looked at me and asked ‘are you a boy or a girl’ . I was so stunned all I could do was SMILE and say ‘guess’. It’s not like I was close to passing, I was at work and hadn’t shaved in 2 days. This would be a hint that it wouldn’t take a huge effort to be close to passing. It is so neat to shake my head and feel my hair slapping against my face and back and know that it is my own hair!!
. . Sandy
- May 19, 2021 at 10:30 am #493812Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
- May 19, 2021 at 3:04 pm #493861LadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
- May 24, 2021 at 2:03 pm #495906LadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
I had a really fun moment today as I went into a building. The glass door was dark and provided a bit of a mirror. When I saw myself reaching for the door handle, my first thought was, wow I really do look good! I had been talking with a collegue earlier and he complimented me on my look today. I thought he was just being polite but when I saw the reflection I had to agree with him. It was a fun moment of success!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- May 18, 2021 at 2:10 pm #493535Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 25Replies: 789Has thanked: 3183 timesBeen thanked: 3215 times
Yes the little things are just as important. One that I carry with me all the time is a much more feminine scent. As with most things women’s deodorants, antiperspirants, body wash, lotions, body sprays, perfumes are so much more…joyous.
Not overpowering, just a subtle waft coming from under my clothes now and again whether in drab or en femme or in uniform it’s always there now, a constant reminder of my true self and the joie de vivre my feminine side brings me.
- May 18, 2021 at 8:42 am #493446Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 17595 timesBeen thanked: 4754 times
1. Feeling the tug of a garter under my clothes, holding up silk stockings.
2. Feeling my skirt or slacks (even jeans) slide over those same stockings.
3. The bottom hem of a maxi skirt swishing around my ankles.
4. Fighting the Texas wind to hold an A-Line or swing skirt in place.
5. Dangly earrings.
6. Freshening your lipstick in a store mirror when you aren’t there to shop for makeup.
7. Making sure your nails are smooth so there aren’t any snags.
8. Trying to ‘save’ your lipstick while eating a meal.
9. Making sure your purse contains all of the items you could possibly need while out.
10. Making sure your purse can hold everything without looking like luggage.
Okay, there’s 10 more, and I am sure that we can come up with lots more.
- May 18, 2021 at 6:32 am #493399Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 327Has thanked: 927 timesBeen thanked: 1521 times
- May 17, 2021 at 10:04 pm #493275Simone CLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 186Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 739 times
Smoothing your skirt under you as you sit, arranging your skirt across your knees when you sit, knees together sit and swivel into a car, bumping your breasts into things, looking down at breasts, a smooth crotch line and smooth legs in heels. Where do I stop?
- May 17, 2021 at 3:11 pm #493151DuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 30Replies: 833Has thanked: 1631 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
- May 17, 2021 at 1:59 pm #493115Rachael RogersDuchessRegistered On: April 10, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 83Has thanked: 252 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
When I walk into my bedroom now and there’s the gentle smell of perfume and body spray, seeing my lingerie on the clothes drier and adverts for womens clothing keep appearing on my computer.
- May 17, 2021 at 2:03 pm #493118
- May 17, 2021 at 12:33 pm #493095patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 74Replies: 1400Has thanked: 2289 timesBeen thanked: 5060 times
The wonderful feel of ear rings dangling from your ears.
Even if they are clip ons.
Looking at you feet in a cute pair of open tied high heels or sandels with polished toes.
- May 17, 2021 at 12:16 pm #493089Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 633Has thanked: 2748 timesBeen thanked: 2546 times
- May 17, 2021 at 11:32 am #493070AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 67Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 347 times
- May 17, 2021 at 9:58 am #493042MelanieElizabethLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 136Has thanked: 301 timesBeen thanked: 779 times
One little thing I adore is how lipstick leaves a smear on a glass or a drinking straw, even a cigarette. Kind of a little reminder of that side of myself whenever I notice it.
- May 19, 2021 at 10:17 am #493808KimmieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 246Has thanked: 157 timesBeen thanked: 1051 times
When I was a young CDer, tween or so, when I had the house to myself, I would put on lipstick and “borrow” one of my father’s cigarettes so I could see the lipstick stain on the end of the cigarette. I didn’t really like smoking, but I loved seeing my lipstick on the butt.
- May 17, 2021 at 2:21 pm #493121LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 256Has thanked: 2630 timesBeen thanked: 1125 times
- May 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm #493124AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 344Has thanked: 810 timesBeen thanked: 1066 times
Wearing the most beautiful hosiery and lingerie when underdressing and no one knowing or even dreaming of it when I was a drab man. All they had to do would be to pull my jeans down and my secret would of been out? It never happened. I used to wear borderline clothes in the 80s and they could of looked good on a woman or a man? It used to give me such a buzz sneakin around being a girl until I got it that im no man I’m a woman that has the body of a man and I think and do so many things a woman would do. Like many blokes would be right up for one night stands but not myself I would always wanna chat about anything a woman likes chatting about. I’d even tell a woman how beautiful she looks in her dress and tell her if she had the right colour make up on to suit her clothes or eyes. People would say there is something very different about me? All the girls wanted to chat to me and many even said it was like talking to a older sister or a fav auntie. That’s when it hit home I’m not supposed to be a man and I have these deep feelings that ain’t male feelings they are female ones and from then on I just knew, took a while to sink in but once I began amassing female clothes and wearing them more and more and even acting like a woman would it hit me like a freight train. I’m a woman and I should be a woman always
- May 17, 2021 at 9:16 am #493027KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 613Has thanked: 1798 timesBeen thanked: 2825 times
thanks Sarah, You made me chuckle with your “Bob Ross” comment. That look was certainly quite in style some years ago. And hey, it is still in style these days where pretty much anything and everything goes. Being patient is a good idea and it is definitely fantastic never having to worry about a wig falling off. And your natural hair color will definitely go better with your skin tone than the color of a wig. All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- May 17, 2021 at 9:03 am #493025KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 613Has thanked: 1798 timesBeen thanked: 2825 times
Thanks Sarah, I have to say that I share all those small things that you mentioned on your list. For me, feeling my natural long hair on my back going past my bra strap is wonderful. Have a lovely rest of the week, Hugs, Krista.
- May 17, 2021 at 9:06 am #493026LadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 17Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
Thanks! I envy you your own hair. I’m growing mine out, but it’s pretty stiff and naturally curly, so I only have the “Bob Ross” look going right now. With my strong Widow’s peak, I’m not sure the look is going to work. Trying to be patient! We’ll see how it goes. It would just be so fun to swim or kayak en femme without worrying about my wig coming off!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.