- September 4, 2019 at 4:29 pm #217490AoifeParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 79Replies: 359Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 1343 times
I have heard that Torrid is generally very friendly towards girls like us and I do feel like I should be measured professionally as soon as possible. Given my size (6’1” nearly 300 lbs) I think that would be the place to go too, but I’m very nervous about going in all hairy and bearded especially when I am extremely unlikely to buy anything *that day.* Have any of my Middle Tennessee sisters any experience shopping there in drab? I am not confident in my ability to get a measurement on my own and do want to ask my wife but I want the confidence to pick up some pretty things when I get some time to myself, though most likely all thrifted…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 28, 2021 at 3:24 pm #524341Mia Mor’eBaronessRegistered On: June 27, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 75Has thanked: 61 timesBeen thanked: 358 times
I love the clothes at Torrid, and they are very friendly. However, they are a bit pricey.
- July 28, 2021 at 3:05 pm #524335Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 87Replies: 4303Has thanked: 5753 timesBeen thanked: 10107 times
Torrid is CD friendly. Before Covid the SA’s were find measuring a dude in drab for a bra. Now as stores are relaxing restrictions I think each store continues to set guidelines for employees regarding contact.
Your intro says you’re a big gurl. I just checked the website and the largest band size is 48. The local store carries to a 46 band. So if you need a bigger band you may need a specialty lingerie shop.
- July 28, 2021 at 2:40 pm #524330AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Not there, but I’ve done it at my local Torrid. Just be honest with them and they don’t care. Of course, if you think they might, you could always go with a mask at this time.
- July 28, 2021 at 2:32 pm #524329IzzyRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
so new to the life i wear alot of panties my gf pushing me more to try things i am a big guy (this say make just like lady clothing more) we been talking about going to lane or torrid to try on some jeans. would one be better and help find right fit. also i have a full bread
- October 11, 2019 at 2:26 pm #234179AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hey girl I go to Torrid all the time I was so nervous the first time they asked me if I wanted my wife to try the dress on I don’t know why but I told her the dress is for me she smiled and said you only live once girl and escorted me to the dressing room I couldn’t believe it now I go shopping there all the girls there no I dress up as a woman and they don’t care they say I’m one of their girls Aoife they will treat you like a woman they don’t have a problem with girls like us happy shopping 💋💄👠 jazzy
2 users thanked author for this post.
- October 12, 2019 at 9:46 am #234402AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 79Replies: 359Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 1343 times
Well that’s very encouraging! I may actually get some time this winter and want to be fitted so badly… Getting a little crazy thinking about the cold weather, I could even get out of the house sort of in-between without being noticed… Anyway, I would love to have that experience, but very nervous about breaking the ice.
- September 28, 2019 at 2:30 pm #228346Deanna LundAmbassadorRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 43Replies: 141Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 337 times
Crossdresserheaven.com has a major project going: PROJECT UNITY. This project was begun by Vanessa personally to list transgender friendly places in the United States and around the world.
Torrid has a reputation for being transgender friendly and I have confirmed that policy both by contact with their corporate offices and my own personal experience shopping in store both en femme and drab. I had a bra fitting in the Waterford Lakes Florida store and did not buy anything. No problem. I have been several other times en femme, trying on things and must look like another trans. girl as one of the associates called me by his name.
I personally entered over 600 Torrid locations into Crossdresserheaven.com’s LOCAL PLACES which I encourage you to check out.
Another chain where I have shopped and tried in clothes is Target and Ulta for makeup-in fact, I am entering all Ulta places into our directory now. How on earth can there be that much makeup!
Targets changing rooms are labeled Family instead of ladies and I have never been bothered shopping there. Just behave normally as any customer would.
Brick and mortar stores are struggling in our buy online culture and stores are happy to have foot traffic. Just remember you are making an impression on people and can go a long way toward creating positive attitudes.
I have also shopped at Macy’s and eaten en femme at IHOP and had a great time at a Denny’s where a server, with an outgoing personality, joked with me-as if I was any customer. Always treat sales associates with respect and thank them by name for their time. Do the same with servers and tip well.
It is natural to have butterflies walking into a place but I have yet to be treated poorly or stared at by other customers.
PROJECT UNITY has confirmed that all cruise lines and airlines are transgender accepting as are the TSA Screeners. Our next focus is on Space Tourism which is the next big thing in travel.
Have fun out there and be nice.
- September 28, 2019 at 3:49 pm #228372LadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 79Replies: 359Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 1343 times
This is good to know! Hard to find the chance and I may wait until i remove my beard in November! I have tried on clothes in target but I was very nervous. This was when the pink fog struck like never before (leading me to come out) and it was just a pair of leggings… mostly I feel bad about likely not buying anything
- September 27, 2019 at 11:18 pm #228152AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hey girlfriend I went to Torrid for the first time about a year ago I found them on line and ordered a baby doll nightie and done panties and pantyhose I have to admit I was very nervous going in women’s clothing store I went to the counter and said I was there to pick up my order and the sales girl asked me if my wife wanted to try anything on I don’t know why but I said I’m not going to lie it’s for me she smiled and said you only live once girl we both started laughing I know go there and try clothes on in the dressing room all the girls there are super cool 💋
- September 4, 2019 at 5:51 pm #217536K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 657Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 1316 times
Only reason I even know of that store is when I was still with the wife. They did have a swimsuit or 2 that I might enjoy owning, but I do not have the confidence to go there on my own.
- September 4, 2019 at 5:12 pm #217500AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Lane Bryant in Murfreesboro great place! Great young lady named Amy is so cool about helping CDs! Lingerie is outstanding and they will order big sizes for you! Only place I feel comfortable! Don’t have to go into the mall!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.