- April 23, 2021 at 6:13 am #482645
- April 29, 2021 at 7:59 pm #485671Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1321Has thanked: 3790 timesBeen thanked: 3684 times
I don’t shop at Torrid, but any other women’s clothing stores I’ve shopped at have been accepting and supportive. These days the level of acceptance is very high, and for stores and sales staff, a sale is a sale. The better educated ones will realize that we are a good market, as most of us buy way more clothes than we really need, so we’re good for business!
Talking to the manager would be a good step if you can.
- April 29, 2021 at 7:46 pm #485668
- April 29, 2021 at 9:09 am #485419
- April 29, 2021 at 7:40 am #485383Stevie65LadyRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 186Has thanked: 366 timesBeen thanked: 743 times
Another place you can try is Penningtons in Calgary. I shop there in Edmonton and they are very CD friendly.
If your not sure about Torrid in Calgary give them a phone call talk to store manager. They might have a sales rep who deals with CD.
- April 23, 2021 at 10:28 pm #483213Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1073Has thanked: 14359 timesBeen thanked: 4251 times
I have been shopping at Torrid in Amarillo, Tx since they opened both femme and drab (which I find sort of uncomfortable doing). The girls are wonderful either way I go in, but I honestly believe they prefer me presenting as femme. The 2 times i was drab was while is was actually on the clock and needed to pay my charge acct.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Paula F.
- April 23, 2021 at 5:16 pm #483141
- April 23, 2021 at 5:09 pm #483136
- April 23, 2021 at 4:56 pm #483127
- April 23, 2021 at 1:07 pm #482789Peggy Sue WilliamsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 279Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 1204 times
My understanding is that Torrid has a corporate-wide policy of being CD/Transgender friendly, and their SAs are given training in that area.
I have never shopped a Torrid in Canada but have been in many all over the USA, and they are all CD friendly, in fact, very friendly. Here in Atlanta the local Torrid stores recognize me both en femme and en drab and have no problem with me in either mode.
Bottom line? Everyone’s money spends the same way.
- April 23, 2021 at 2:27 pm #483067Gail RichLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 49Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 173 times
It was at a Torrid store In Atlanta, where I first used a fitting room. I was dressed in drab, but underdressed. I was clearly debating which size to get on a dress that I liked. The SA said, if you are unsure of the size, why don’t you try it on. I would never have contemplated doing that, but I have been doing it ever since!
- April 23, 2021 at 8:16 am #482668LadyRegistered On: October 11, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 49Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 173 times
I have shopped in Torrid stores in Vermont, Connecticut and Georgia.I always tell them that I am shopping for myself. I have always found the SA’s cooperative, helpful and sometimes enthusiastic. I underdress and have used fitting rooms.
- April 23, 2021 at 7:47 am #482660MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 45Replies: 570Has thanked: 145 timesBeen thanked: 1272 times
I cannot speak for those specific stores, but I can speak for the company in general. I am a regular patron of several Torrid stores in the Washington, DC area and southeast Michigan. The sales associates have been welcoming and very helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.