Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

Any recommendations for regular high street fashion shops and make up desks that are CD friendly, and more happy to help than others.

I I generally find older women in Boots are relaxed about advising me on lipstick but I always chicken out asking to try samples on.

What about trying on clothes in store?

Ilona
      Lady

Hello Naomi

John Lewis has a store in Kingston (https://www.johnlewis.com/our-shops/kingston). You can book a session with a personal stylist. Please let the store know that you want to go to the women’s section.I did this at Stratford and had an hour and tried on various clothes in a room that included a curtain I could get changed behind. The stylist worked out my size and was very attentive. She said that she has seen several men who try on feminine clothes.

If you are dressing en-femme when you visit Marks & Spencer,you may be able to get changed in one of the women’s cubicles. If not, you can ask to try on feminine clothes at the men’s department. It may be best to book beforehand, as two women staff members said I couldn’t get changed there, but the oldest woman said I could. I have been getting changed in the M&S toilets at Stratford before and after attending Frazzled Cafe meetings. Nobody seems that bothered.

You can try other shops. I suggest asking beforehand. Not every member of staff is CD friendly and some customers may frown at you. Please ensure that you have a separate cubicle and not a communal changing room.

Good luck

Ilona

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?