• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Today we should all pause to remember those members of our community for whom life doesn’t go on.

Transgender Day of Remembrance, which occurs annually on November 20, is a day to memorialise those who have been murdered as a result of transphobia and to bring attention to the continued violence endured by the transgender community.

I think we should also remember those members of our community who felt so pressured by society, by their fears and their shame that the committed the ultimate act of transphobia; they took their own lives. Transphobia is not just about those who hate transgender people, it’s also the fear that transgender people have about themselves and the fear they feel for how others might react.

That’s why we need to support each other here because CDH should always be a safe, supportive and accepting environment. We need to look out for each other.

I bow my head.

Anonymous

2016_crossdresser transgender chat: CDH JS original post: 

Today we should all pause to remember those members of our community for whom life doesn’t go on.

Transgender Day of Remembrance, which occurs annually on November 20, is a day to memorialise those who have been murdered as a result of transphobia and to bring attention to the continued violence endured by the transgender community.

I think we should also remember those members of our community who felt so pressured by society, by their fears and their shame that the committed the ultimate act of transphobia; they took their own lives. Transphobia is not just about those who hate transgender people, it’s also the fear that transgender people have about themselves and the fear they feel for how others might react.

That’s why we need to support each other here because CDH should always be a safe, supportive and accepting environment. We need to look out for each other.

I bow my head.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?