Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Being Transgender at Goldman Sachs
      https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/business/goldman-transgender.html?referringSource=articleShare

I just stumbled into this 2019 New York Times article about a Goldman Sachs employee transitioning to female at work.

Also look up Dr. Lynn Conway, Dr. Margaret Stumpp and Stephanie Battaglino. Battaglino wrote a book that was published last year:

Reflections From Both Sides of the Glass Ceiling: Finding My True Self in Corporate America…

ChloeC
        Duchess

Hi DeeAnn, Thank you for mentioning Dr. Lynn Conway.  I attended (as an adult returning for an advanced degree) the U of Michigan while she was teaching there, but I didn’t know until much later she had gone through transitioning. If I had and had worked up enough courage I would have tried to see her. (I also didn’t know that she lived about 5-10 miles west of me at that time). Maybe I would have got some insights, but just knowing and meeting someone who had gone through what I was going through (living in a body I didn’t feel was right) might have given me more hope.  This was pre-internet days, late 80’s, so information was definitely sparse and knowing about tg people was even more so.

Hugs, ChloeC

I’m originally from Toledo. My daughter and her future husband met in graduate school at U of M. IBM finally issued an apology to Conway in the last year or 2 ago over her firing. Her story is clearly different from Stumpp and Battaglino. Their stories had some similarities as they were both the first to transition in their respective big insurance companies. Battaglino tracks through her entire life from childhood to after transition. It was clear to me that there were times where things could easily have taken a turn for the worst and we would never be having this conversation. You just never know…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?