Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Karina
      Lady

Have any of you travelled internationally en femme? Where did you go and how was it? I love travelling and love being a woman but have never done both at the same time, it seems fun, but some destinations probably make for interesting stories while others are impossible or impractical. How is the international travel experience?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I suspect you’ll get a lot more responses from girls that flew domestically.  I’m one of them.  The gender marker on my ID is non-binary.  I’m trans.  I dress casual – in comfy female clothes.  I blend in pretty well and have never had a problem.  Of course I haven’t traveled to any places domestically or internationally where I would be unwelcome.  I never will.  That still leaves thousands of desirable places to visit.  I plan to visit as many of them as I can.

Emily

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I am androgynous looking with dyed long hair and thin eyebrows,  and dress in androgynous clothes, and have been addressed as madam often when traveling. The important thing is not to try and lie to the immigration people when they are asking you questions, be honest so as your name matches your ticket and passport, and dress conservatively rather that over the top.

I fly on domestic flights in full girl mode often and have no issues, even  some of the security team know me now so its not a problem – even with prosthetic silicon boobs. Just be courteous  and kind as they have a job to do to keep everyone safe and you are not breaking any laws.

For some good info for American flyers, take a look at Flying Pretty section in Kimberly Huddles blog – http://kimberlyhuddle.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-fly-pretty.html

Be proud, be confident, be patient, dress appropriately and be courteous – then you should be fine

hugs

Dawn x

I do it regularly. I have traveled to the UK, France, Poland and Italy en femme. I’ve have no issues in any of those locations.
      If I were heading to Asia, I would be thinking twice about it. Some countries are ok from what I have heard and others may be a bit risky. It depends largely on how reserved that country is.

Dani

Anonymous
      Lady

I haven’t flown completely dressed. I did wear a camisole once and the little adjustment hooks showed up on the scanner and it got me a pat down. The TSA agent was an asshole and asked why I was wearing that…told him it wasn’t any of his business and that got my carry-on searched. That was a few years ago and I haven’t worn one since flying.

I have to admit I would never have the courage to attempt it. I used to drive hundreds of miles while dressed and have been out in public in Times Square but the thought of trying to board a plane dressed scares me silly.

I drove from central Pennsylvania to California and back twice in my lifetime. I am so glad I chose to drive instead of fly. The USA is too pretty not to explore and I explored four of the five main routes east to west. I also drove the entire west coast including CA highway 1 up to Big Sur and up I5 past Mt Shasta up to Canada. I was on my way to get breast implants and in drab while traveling on one trip.

I saw Salt Lake City and drove across Nevada to Reno at 95 MPH and cars were passing me. My road trips also sent me to Tampa, Atlanta and Chicago. I always drove. I was able to visit CD boutiques in a few states because I drove. Texas never ends and rural California is like driving through Middle Earth. It is magical.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have driven for a few hours around Ontario dressed, and have gone into coffee shops, gas stations etc., without any trouble at all. I was planning on a longer trip, but still within Ontario then the pandemic hit.

Though I’d love to travel internationally femme, I’ve never done it yet, so that’s something to look forward to and then I will decide on the mode of travel.

My Kudos to those of us who do get on airplanes dressed!

Amy

I have not flown internationally en femme, but I have flown around the United States without issue.   Both TSA agents and airline staff were nothing, but professional.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?