- April 6, 2021 at 8:07 pm #474614Octavia LongParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 38Replies: 111Has thanked: 684 timesBeen thanked: 780 times
I just did a bit over a mile on the treadmill. In a skirt. Some day I want to do it outside. I want to thank everyone here for making me be a better me. It is because of you that I can look in a mirror and like the girl that is looking back at me. Thank you all so much.
19 users thanked author for this post.
- April 8, 2021 at 6:42 pm #475359Lexi Rose ZeleLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 41Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 101 times
Great job Octavia. I have gone out running a couple times in women’s running shorts and a sports bra (under my t-shirt) and I loved it. I am hoping to get some breast forms that are designed for working out so that I can incorporate them into my outfits as well. It is a little intimidating at first, but if you want try going out at night first on a track or path not near your home (fewer possibilities of being seen by a friend) and see how it goes. Give it time, and keep running, dressed or not, fitness is important.
- April 8, 2021 at 4:18 pm #475334Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 87Has thanked: 342 timesBeen thanked: 406 times
Running is such a high. I would love a running skirt, to do my training and events in. I think my next running shorts will be a skirt.
Good for you.
I offer running coaching if you would like a training an to get you to your goal run.
- April 7, 2021 at 7:54 pm #475032Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: March 31, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 23Has thanked: 35 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
Congratulations on your achievement, Octavia. I’m curious though. Why run in a skirt? Why not get some nice women’s workout clothes? I’m a runner too. I enjoy wearing my skirts, but I’d never exercise in them. (No offense intended. I really am just curious.)
- April 7, 2021 at 6:22 pm #475008Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 183Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 957 times
- April 7, 2021 at 6:00 pm #475004
- April 7, 2021 at 5:49 pm #475000Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 902Has thanked: 12712 timesBeen thanked: 3342 times
- April 7, 2021 at 5:28 pm #474992Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 98Has thanked: 278 timesBeen thanked: 451 times
Good for you! I really need to start running again myself. I did go out running in the dark once this winter in a running skirt and tights. It didn’t work out like I had hoped though, I was seen at close distance by someone I know. I’m not sure if he figured out who I was, with my mask on though. An excuse to keep half my face covered in public is one good thing that has come out of this pandemic.
One of my bucket list items is to run the Pridefest 5k, in a running skirt. I’m pretty sure no one would care what I wore at that event, at least that’s what I have convinced myself of…
- April 7, 2021 at 7:41 am #474842
- April 7, 2021 at 12:11 am #474658LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 536Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 2489 times
- April 7, 2021 at 6:19 am #474801Nancy GammsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 13Replies: 205Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 489 times
I do a few core and stretching workouts in leggings and sports bra with running shirt when I can and love it. I also have taken the dogs for morning walks in the dark away from my neighborhood a few times and that is great as well. Not many people out, the others are either exercising or going to work and not paying me a bit of attention.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.