- May 2, 2021 at 3:09 pm #486874BethParticipantRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
I added a couple pics to my page of today’s debacle. I did my fingernails and makeup, first time doing my own makeup, and it shows. I will probably replace these pics when I have more time to do a better job. The liquid eyeliner just killed whatever look I was going for. Back to the how to videos…In positive news, I was in public today in leggings for the first time in public businesses. Went for a walk in sandals showing off my painted toes and fingernails also. Nobody said anything, so I guess that’s ok. Need to practice on my makeup skills big time, but I thought I’d share what a true amateur job looks like. 😘
- May 3, 2021 at 6:17 am #487080Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 91Replies: 175Has thanked: 125 timesBeen thanked: 823 times
Liquid eyeliner is not the easiest to apply.
Since many of us have “been there”, we can sympathize with you on this!!
Maybe you will find it easier if you try with either gel eyeliner (applied with an angle brush) or even with pencil eyeliner. Usually easier with those which come as a mechanic pencil.
But also remember you don’t have to draw a thick line. So, take your time when applying it.
- May 3, 2021 at 7:01 pm #487406Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1326Has thanked: 3803 timesBeen thanked: 3702 times
Though I’m still not happy with my makeup skills I have started using liquid eyeliner, and I find it easier to use than the pencils. Mainly because my skin is a bit loose and I could not get an even line, it always came out blotchy and uneven.
- May 3, 2021 at 11:41 am #487207BethDuchessRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
Thanks so much, Gabriela, for the tips! I will work my way up to the liquid liner. So difficult to apply a fine line…
- May 2, 2021 at 11:57 pm #487008Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 67Replies: 1399Has thanked: 4984 timesBeen thanked: 7699 times
I see nothing at all to worry about in your post….you have put on make up and you have been out and about….two of the girly things I love best….
Your ” amateur’ job was really really good…and every time you will get better….smashing idea to take photos, it will keep a log of your improvement….
I’m proud of you beth,
- May 3, 2021 at 6:11 am #487074
- May 2, 2021 at 10:09 pm #486999Stephanie HayesLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 77Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 191 times
As other gals have said, little girls start playing with makeup as early as they can. Some as early as age 6 or younger. Think about all the practice the GG’s have had comparatively. As I have to constantly reinforce in my kids, perfection doesn’t happen overnight. If you want to be good at something you have to work at it shug, you’ll get there eventually. I know I will. I have only had a few opportunities to experiment with makeup, and I know I am not good at it
- May 2, 2021 at 7:42 pm #486976Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 88Has thanked: 350 timesBeen thanked: 407 times
Have you seen pictures of young girls when they get their hands on makeup for the first time. Everyone needs practice.
Watch the YouTube videos, and try to.practice as much as possible, even if it only on for a quick photo then off again it is practice.
Love and Hugs
- May 2, 2021 at 7:45 pm #486979
- May 2, 2021 at 7:32 pm #486966LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 442Has thanked: 1275 timesBeen thanked: 999 times
Please don’t be hard on yourself.. when I tried eye makeup I looked like a raccoon lol. For info try YouTube.. I had two makeovers which gave me some pointers… just practice.. practice.. I refer that as permanent because repetition helps ..
You have time for June..
I (we) are woman in progress, I (we) will be there.
You have support here at CDH…
- May 2, 2021 at 7:38 pm #486971BethDuchessRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
Thank you, Leonara, that’s nice of you to say. Yes, I am going to practice a lot going forward. Working from home, I can dress as a lady every day if I desire to, and I often will. If I can go back to using estradiol, I am just going to switch my wardrobe from 20/80 female clothes to 100/0, and wear makeup nearly every day. My new Doc already wants me to consider Spiro for bp, and is wondering if i’m interested in that as kind of a dual t-blocker/bp lowering agent.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Beth.
- May 2, 2021 at 10:25 pm #487000LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 442Has thanked: 1275 timesBeen thanked: 999 times
Beth, please be careful..I am under Doctor’s care with medication for high BP..no hormones for me yet
Thanks for sharing…Leonara
- May 2, 2021 at 7:25 pm #486960BaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1326Has thanked: 3803 timesBeen thanked: 3702 times
I hear you about makeup. I was pretty horrible at it at first, and though I’m now decent with foundation and powder my eye make up skills really need more help. Eyeliner being the worst. At times I do such an awful job with eyeliner I end up having to take most of it off and doing it again. So I’m so uptight doing it, which I think makes it even worse.
I don’t have the freedom to do it often enough to get really good at it.
- May 2, 2021 at 7:31 pm #486965
- May 2, 2021 at 6:21 pm #486943Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 924Has thanked: 13098 timesBeen thanked: 3414 times
Your first try didn’t go that bad, and it’ll get a lot better. One attempt and you got that good, so more efforts will yield great results. I hope the move works well for you, was it Wisconsin? You’re making moves and getting results, and moving forward. Be proud! I think you’re doing great!
- May 2, 2021 at 7:08 pm #486954DuchessRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
Thank you so much, Bridgette, you are very kind. Yes, Wisconsin. I want to be prepared for early June, when I get to meet some Wisconsin sisters at a monthly gathering at a lounge near my house. I need the practice. Maybe that gathering will be my next opportunity for pictures for my CDH page. I became a Duchess today, as I would like to become more involved and active on the site. And post more pics, hehe.
- May 3, 2021 at 4:12 am #487037Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 924Has thanked: 13098 timesBeen thanked: 3414 times
Congratulations, your grace! I would love to increase my own status here, but I really cannot justify the expense! That adds up to clothes and makeup, lol! Good luck with your group!
- May 2, 2021 at 5:32 pm #486923KateBaronessRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 12Has thanked: 157 timesBeen thanked: 68 times
- May 2, 2021 at 4:57 pm #486910Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 482Has thanked: 983 timesBeen thanked: 2190 times
Better luck next time. Practice ,practice ,practice. For me the last couple of times, since my beard is not very heavy, I just used a little foundation and setting powder carefully blended and a little lipstick, I thought it looked good!!! Still stuggling with eyes!
- May 2, 2021 at 4:42 pm #486902Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 909Has thanked: 9250 timesBeen thanked: 3982 times
BTW, I think you had said your wife was supportive? Mine watches, as I do my makeup, and advises and shows me where to correct.
Maybe ask for help?
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Regine Rich. Reason: spelling
- May 2, 2021 at 7:36 pm #486970
- May 2, 2021 at 4:55 pm #486907DuchessRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
She did it for me the first time, as you can certainly see the contrast between the two sets of pics. She was busy unpacking clothes, as we had just moved cross country. I had a little time and my hands and was really missing wearing makeup. Maybe someday i’ll wear it daily, then i’ll get good at it! 😃
- May 2, 2021 at 4:39 pm #486901Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 32Replies: 909Has thanked: 9250 timesBeen thanked: 3982 times
- May 2, 2021 at 4:56 pm #486909
- May 2, 2021 at 4:04 pm #486892GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 1224Has thanked: 10343 timesBeen thanked: 5034 times
- May 2, 2021 at 3:38 pm #486886DuchessRegistered On: May 6, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 134Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
- May 2, 2021 at 3:28 pm #486885Megan KellyLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 13Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 90 times
- May 2, 2021 at 3:21 pm #486882Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 266Has thanked: 2946 timesBeen thanked: 1276 times
I remember my first time applying makeup. Did you ever see those cute pictures of little girls who put on lipstick and it’s all over their face? That is what I looked like, but I didn’t think it was cute. Keep trying and you will get it. Watch some youtube videos and after a lot of practice, you will get your style and technique down.
- May 2, 2021 at 3:19 pm #486879Trisha SmithDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 176Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 871 times
- May 2, 2021 at 3:12 pm #486876
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.