Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I added a couple pics to my page of today’s debacle. I did my fingernails and makeup, first time doing my own makeup, and it shows. I will probably replace these pics when I have more time to do a better job. The liquid eyeliner just killed whatever look I was going for. Back to the how to videos…In positive news, I was in public today in leggings for the first time in public businesses. Went for a walk in sandals showing off my painted toes and fingernails also. Nobody said anything, so I guess that’s ok. Need to practice on my makeup skills big time, but I thought I’d share what a true amateur job looks like. 😘

New pics not showing up just yet. Maybe that’s a good thing. 😁🙃

Trisha
      Duchess

We all have that first time sweety. It gets easier. I personally just tried the liquid liner. I got one with the brush and boy do I 💘 it.

💋

Trisha

Anonymous

Hi Beth,

I remember my first time applying makeup. Did you ever see those cute pictures of little girls who put on lipstick and it’s all over their face? That is what I looked like, but I didn’t think it was cute. Keep trying and you will get it. Watch some youtube videos and after a lot of practice, you will get your style and technique down.

Eva

Megan Kelly
      Princess - Annual

I still haven’t mastered the make-up.  After 50 how-to videos I’m still not there.  Like Eva and Trisha said it gets better (and more rewarding!!).  Thanks for posting.  Megan

Thank you so much for the words of support and the accepted friendship requests, ladies. I appreciate you so much and look forward to chatting with so many wonderful people here. I am happy tonight. 🥰

Well, I looked, and you look beautiful, I’m ashamed to show my first attempts, I had mascara on the lower sides of my cheekbones, lol
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Thank you so much! It’s good to know I am not alone, which is a wonderful part of being a CDH member. 🥰

BTW, I think you had said your wife was supportive? Mine watches, as I do my makeup, and advises and shows me where to correct.
      Maybe ask for help?
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Regine Kelly. Reason: spelling

She did it for me the first time, as you can certainly see the contrast between the two sets of pics. She was busy unpacking clothes, as we had just moved cross country. I had a little time and my hands and was really missing wearing makeup. Maybe someday i’ll wear it daily, then i’ll get good at it! 😃

Leonara
        Ambassador

Regine,
        Your wife support is so special.. I wish mine gave support 😞. Give her a hug she deserves it

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Better luck next time. Practice ,practice ,practice. For me the last couple of times, since my beard is not very heavy, I just used a little foundation and setting powder carefully blended and a little lipstick, I thought it looked good!!! Still stuggling with eyes!
      …….Sandy

Kate
      Baroness

Beth,  I’d be proud !

Your first try didn’t go that bad, and it’ll get a lot better. One attempt and you got that good, so more efforts will yield great results. I hope the move works well for you, was it Wisconsin? You’re making moves and getting results, and moving forward. Be proud! I think you’re doing great!

Bridgette

Thank you so much, Bridgette, you are very kind. Yes, Wisconsin. I want to be prepared for early June, when I get to meet some Wisconsin sisters at a monthly gathering at a lounge near my house. I need the practice. Maybe that gathering will be my next opportunity for pictures for my CDH page. I became a Duchess today, as I would like to become more involved and active on the site. And post more pics, hehe.

Congratulations, your grace! I would love to increase my own status here, but I really cannot justify the expense! That adds up to clothes and makeup, lol! Good luck with your group!

Bridgette

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I hear you about makeup. I was pretty horrible at it at first, and though I’m now decent with foundation and powder my eye make up skills really need more help. Eyeliner being the worst. At times I do such an awful job with eyeliner I end up having to take most of it off and doing it again. So I’m so uptight doing it, which I think makes it even worse.

I don’t have the freedom to do it often enough to get really good at it.

Amy

You and I aren’t the only ones, Amy. You’ll get better at it, as will I. My goal is to get as good at it as a GG. Gonna take time. 😊

Leonara
      Ambassador

Beth,
      Please don’t be hard on yourself.. when I tried eye makeup I looked like a raccoon lol. For info try YouTube.. I had two makeovers which gave me some pointers… just practice.. practice.. I refer that as permanent because repetition helps ..
      You have time for June..
      I (we) are woman in progress, I (we) will be there.
      You have support here at CDH…
      Leonara

Thank you, Leonara, that’s nice of you to say. Yes, I am going to practice a lot going forward. Working from home, I can dress as a lady every day if I desire to, and I often will. If I can go back to using estradiol, I am just going to switch my wardrobe from 20/80 female clothes to 100/0, and wear makeup nearly every day. My new Doc already wants me to consider Spiro for bp, and is wondering if i’m interested in that as kind of a dual t-blocker/bp lowering agent.

Leonara
          Ambassador

Beth, please be careful..I am under Doctor’s care with medication for high BP..no hormones for me yet
          Thanks for sharing…Leonara

I wouldn’t dream of trying again without being absolutely certain health is in order. Without that, it can’t work.

Hi,

Have you seen pictures of young girls when they get their hands on makeup for the first time.  Everyone needs practice.

Watch the YouTube videos, and try to.practice as much as possible, even if it only on for a quick photo then off again it is practice.

Love and Hugs

Paula

As other gals have said, little girls start playing with makeup as early as they can. Some as early as age 6 or younger. Think about all the practice the GG’s have had comparatively. As I have to constantly reinforce in my kids, perfection doesn’t happen overnight. If you want to be good at something you have to work at it shug, you’ll get there eventually. I know I will. I have only had a few opportunities to experiment with makeup, and I know I am not good at it

Anonymous

Hi Beth….

I see nothing at all to worry about in your post….you have put on make up and you have been out and about….two of the girly things I love best….

Your ” amateur’ job was really really good…and every time you will get better….smashing idea to take photos, it will keep a log of your improvement….

I’m proud of you beth,

Grace ❤️

Anonymous

Hey Beth!

Liquid eyeliner is not the easiest to apply.

Since many of us have “been there”, we can sympathize with you on this!!

Maybe you will find it easier if you try with either gel eyeliner (applied with an angle brush) or even with pencil eyeliner. Usually easier with those which come as a mechanic pencil.

But also remember you don’t have to draw a thick line. So, take your time when applying it.

Gabriela

Thanks so much, Gabriela, for the tips! I will work my way up to the liquid liner. So difficult to apply a fine line…

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Though I’m still not happy with my makeup skills I have started using liquid eyeliner, and I find it easier to use than the pencils. Mainly because my skin is a bit loose and I could not get an even line, it always came out blotchy and uneven.

Amy

Beard shadow and way out of control eye liner. But it is 100% honest and me.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?