- December 20, 2021 at 8:39 pm #591639Brandie KnoxParticipantRegistered On: October 6, 2020Topics: 73Replies: 107Has thanked: 985 timesBeen thanked: 1704 times
I uploaded some of my Supergirl pictures on the sub reddit Superman. I got mostly positive feed back then the trolls happened. I got comments What the hell is wrong with you, Thats the ugliest Supergirl ever, Someone needs to send her back to the phantom zone etc. To the credit of other redditors would swiftly jump in defend me and even got some of them banned. The did this before I would even get a chance to respond. When I got a chance I went to my post and said to the trolls “You are just mad because you dont have the balls to do what I did.” Its suprised me that People was defending a CD its truly a different world a better world.
- This topic was modified 9 months ago by Brandie Knox.
Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- December 21, 2021 at 10:41 am #591843Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1608Has thanked: 3157 timesBeen thanked: 5438 times
It is great that you got so much defense from others. It is unfortunate that there are still people out there (probably always will be) that are so full of hate. You were so brave to post those pics, you are a super girl.
- December 21, 2021 at 10:34 am #591840SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 668Has thanked: 16907 timesBeen thanked: 2761 times
- December 21, 2021 at 10:11 am #591835Nancy GammsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 14Replies: 282Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 844 times
First of all, your super girl pics are fabulous. Just like the rest of your pics. For anyone to say otherwise is ridiculous.
Secondly it is great that others jumped in as we all should do when anonymous trolls show themselves. I think they are jealous because they never leave their mom’s basement.
- December 21, 2021 at 10:32 am #591839
- December 21, 2021 at 2:08 am #591712
- December 21, 2021 at 1:33 am #591705
- December 21, 2021 at 12:47 am #591693Jane PlainLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 33Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 233 times
Hi Brandie, I bet you had fun being Supergirl, and that’s what you should cherish. Trolls are cowards, there is little or no punishment for them. They would never have the guts to say anything in person. Ignore them, get on with being you – you will feel stronger for it. Be Supergirl inside.
Love Jane X
- December 20, 2021 at 10:10 pm #591676Lacey CynLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 209Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 965 times
Cosplay / Crossplay is 100% a big thing at conventions and the costuming community is fierce and super protective of our own. Woe be upon the person who bad mouths someone’s costume, how it looks on someone, or tease that the character is another gender at a convention. They will likely get kicked out without a refund. I have seen fights go down because someone was rude to someone about their costume. Zero tolerance for that.
And I mean 100% Zero Tolerance. I don’t care if it’s a costume made out of construction paper, a store bought Halloween costume 3 sizes too big or too small, or anything else, you are nice and respectful and maybe even geek out about the character a bit.
At conventions I normally have my portable sewing kit, portable sewing machine, my paints, files, a Dremel, and other odds and ends. I have them with me because my wife is a cosplayer and I am generally there as a support character who has many pockets, because when something needs fixed, that’s what I do. We’ve fixed a lot of people’s costumes and props over the years (I remember one Con, the folks running it just gave me a table in the dealer’s room because I spent half the con sewing or repairing props) and met a lot of other cosplayers and the only rules that exist are dress as who you want to, have fun, and help each other out.
- December 20, 2021 at 9:13 pm #591657Carmen CruzLadyRegistered On: September 12, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 341Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 1990 times
- December 20, 2021 at 9:04 pm #591652Jennifer EcclesLadyRegistered On: November 8, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 23Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 124 times
- December 20, 2021 at 8:52 pm #591645AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Sorry to hear that brandie going to be good and bad on other social media outlets but you know being here on CDH be never no neg comments. Happy to hear you were able to get some banned over there on reddit.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years
- December 20, 2021 at 8:48 pm #591644Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 704Has thanked: 4026 timesBeen thanked: 3323 times
I have not ventured out beyond our own borders, nor am I likely to. The pace and scope of the Internet terrifies me! But I’m glad you had some defenders.
Hugs, Barb 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.