Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Brandie
      Lady

I uploaded some of my Supergirl pictures on the sub reddit Superman. I got mostly positive feed back then the trolls happened. I got comments What the hell is wrong with you, Thats the ugliest Supergirl ever, Someone needs to send her back to the phantom zone etc. To the credit of other redditors would swiftly jump in defend me and even got some of them banned. The did this before I would even get a chance to respond. When I got a chance I went to my post and said to the trolls “You are just mad because you dont have the balls to do what I did.”  Its suprised me that People was defending a CD its truly a different world a better world.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Brandie.
      Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Brandi!

I have not ventured out beyond our own borders, nor am I likely to. The pace and scope of the Internet terrifies me! But I’m glad you had some defenders.

Hugs, Barb 🙂

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that brandie going to be good and bad on other social media outlets but you know being here on CDH be never no neg comments.  Happy to hear you were able to get some banned over there on reddit.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years

Donna

Brandie
        Lady

I have a thick skin years of retail and I knew there would be neg comments but like I sad those people don’t have the guts to do it.

Anonymous

you right like saying no guts no glory

Trolls are an unfortunate fact of life on reddit, but it’s awesome that you have the self-confidence to post your crossplay photo there.  Keep on being super, girl!

Yes, Reddit is full of trolls hating on people in general. But good on you for being you and owning it. That’s the important bit 🙂

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

Cosplay / Crossplay is 100% a big thing at conventions and the costuming community is fierce and super protective of our own. Woe be upon the person who bad mouths someone’s costume, how it looks on someone, or tease that the character is another gender at a convention. They will likely get kicked out without a refund. I have seen fights go down because someone was rude to someone about their costume. Zero tolerance for that.

And I mean 100% Zero Tolerance. I don’t care if it’s a costume made out of construction paper, a store bought Halloween costume 3 sizes too big or too small, or anything else, you are nice and respectful and maybe even geek out about the character a bit.

At conventions I normally have my portable sewing kit, portable sewing machine, my paints, files, a Dremel, and other odds and ends. I have them with me because my wife is a cosplayer and I am generally there as a support character who has many pockets, because when something needs fixed, that’s what I do. We’ve fixed a lot of people’s costumes and props over the years (I remember one Con, the folks running it just gave me a table in the dealer’s room because I spent half the con sewing or repairing props) and met a lot of other cosplayers and the only rules that exist are dress as who you want to, have fun, and help each other out.

Hi Brandie, I bet you had fun being Supergirl, and that’s what you should cherish. Trolls are cowards, there is little or no punishment for them. They would never have the guts to say anything in person. Ignore them, get on with being you – you will feel stronger for it.  Be Supergirl inside.

Love Jane X

I loved your Supergirl pictures

Sara☺️

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Well Brandi, like Superwoman you rose above the trolls and beat them down. Good for you girl.

First of all, your super girl pics are fabulous.  Just like the rest of your pics. For anyone to say otherwise is ridiculous.

Secondly it is great that others jumped in as we all should do when anonymous trolls show themselves.  I think they are jealous because they never leave their mom’s basement.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Brandy ,

You look gorgeous Girl !
      I wish I had a figure like yours.
      If they said you look ugly , they are in serious need of a pair of glasses.
      It´s a good thing others had “super”vision and defended you.

Love Sylvia.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

It is great that you got so much defense from others. It is unfortunate that there are still people out there (probably always will be) that are so full of hate. You were so brave to post those pics, you are a super girl.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?