• Creator
    Topic
    Jessica
    Participant
    Registered On: August 12, 2016
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 173

I’ve been thinking about writing an album about my cd/trans/genderfluid experience but am having a hard time.

Everything I write comes out like a journal entry and not a song. Which to me means not telling a story. I think a song tells a story and doesn’t have a lot of  “I feel” in it. There nothing wrong with “I feel” I just like to say that same thing in a story rather than a journal entry.

What do you ladies do when this happens?

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Саманта
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 886
      Replies: 1717

Is there a way you could use euphemisms, metaphors or even frame the whole story as being about something totally different.  Or even just write around the periphery of the subject rather than going straight to it’s heart if you see what I’m trying to say there.  Think about Steely Dan, a lot of their song lyrics include inside jokes or references that you’ll never catch unless you know what they’re talking about.

Dame Veronica Graunwolf
      Registered On: May 8, 2017
      Topics: 55
      Replies: 1969

Hi Jessica! Lady Veronica here. While cooling my jets in the hospital a couple of weeks ago, I tried rewriting lyrics to common pop songs. Had great success using Sounds of Silence to write lyrics in place of what Simon & Garfunkle had done. I wrote about some feelings and experiences in the Vietnam War. Turned out very well but I will never repeat it here because is is sad and agonizing….not relevant to CDH at all. There are song really good tunes out there that lend themselves to new lyrics.

Maybe try a rap tune…rhyming can be asy if you know a lot of words. Let us know how it goes.

Lady Veronica

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.