Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I was perusing way back in the archives of the forums and found the below from 2016 and thought it might be good to do again .

I saw something on line that struck me today and I decided to write about it. It said “True friends are the ones who have nice things to say about you behind your back.” As I thought about that, I realized the truth in its words. While it is nice to tell someone to their face how much you appreciate them, it is also good to sing their praises to others when they are not around so that others can learn how cool they are.

So in keeping with that I thought it would be cool to start a forum topic where we could each reply to it with a short bit about one(or more) of our friends and why they are such a neat person. Who knows-maybe it can bring us all closer together and build networks of friends. So add your own reply to this topic by hitting reply and then telling us about YOUR friend! Let’s see how many of our members we can get to know better!

Cyn

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I’ll start-though having been here so long I hate to only mention one- but I’ll pick one now and maybe reply again later. For me one of my best friends is Jas. we were fellow early members who would hang out in chat from 8pm til 4am many nights and sometimes even to sunrise. We ‘got each other’ and shared many of her ‘first experiences’- not in person but by text, chat, PMs, phone calls and video chats. I finally got to meet her in person last October while I was attending Diva Las Vegas and she came up for an evening to have dinner with me and several other CDH ladies. She is one of many here who have had a profound impact in helping me discover who I am and I am thankful for her every day.
      Cyn

My father told me when I was a teenager. Son; you will have acquaintances all through your life but your “true” friends you will count on one hand and have a couple of fingers left over.

I have been on the site less than 3 days and I have met some awesome people and whether they are “true” friends or not you are all so very special because you never question you only ask ?How can I help. To be new at CD like this and making it that much easier to accept myself I want to thank the friends accepted and the potential new friends acceptances.

Thank you Cyn for starting this,

For True friends here on CDH, I’d say thank you for being there to Brielle, Brina, Trish, Holly, Paulette, Emily, Sam, and so many others on this wonderful site.
      For true friends off line who accept me for who I am now, my own sister who’s known about me forever, my friend Terry who’s known me for over 20 years and is amazed at my transition, and an almost lifelong friend Jean, who is always there for me, let’s me know if I’m on target or off base, calls a spade a spade but also says I’m a beautiful woman named Lauren.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Gwyneth
      Lady

I have so many great friends. I love getting private messages from all of them. I love making new friends when the chance comes up. And not to diminish any other friendship, my best girlfriend doesn’t frequent this site very much. She maintains a profile here and many other forums.

Her name is Natalie Edwards. Outside of geographic regions, we have everything in common. She is one I would run away with at any time. I’ve told her as much. I also tell her I love all the time. She is so special. I hope more of you know her at least a little.

Gwyn

Hi Cynthia what a wonderful topic as i have so many wonderful friends here you included its hard to choose just one but my very first and dearest lady friend has to be another Stephanie as Mrs Flowers is such  a wonderful girlfriend i thank her for every conversation we have and meeting her at Keystone 2022 was a highlight along with our hallway conversation Cynthia thank you ..

Stephanie

Hi Cynthia

A few years back I met Glenda on CDH and now we are kindred spirits sharing so much. We message often as we have so much in common.  I know I can share the most intimate things with her and she understands.I am so thankful for her and look forward to every message from her.

Ria, you are so Sweet and a very wonderful friend to have and to share our femininity with. Thank you for just being YOU!!

All thru life true friends someone you could leave your son daughter with you can count on few fingers . And when it comes to dressing we have eachother

I have a friend that didn’t “friend dump” me when he found out I was a CD. It was theoretical for him until he passed out on our couch. He woke up at the same time as me and saw me in a sports bra and pajama bottoms. He didn’t blink an eye, just asked when the coffee was going to be ready. There was no pressure, not a hint of revulsion, just a normalcy.

Oh! And not to forget Danielle from CDH. She has been a wonderful base for me to Pink Fog vent with.

Revel
      Baroness

Thanks Cynthia for starting this topic. You’re a true friend. 😊

When I first joined CDH back on December 5, 2020 I was hoping to make some CD friends, and now I have over 90 friends! All of my friends are so kind and nice to know, and I remember Stephanie Bass was one of the first to welcome me to the family. 👩♥️

For my “true friends” on CDH, my special thanks go to: Stephanie Bass, Marian Andersen, Scarlett398, Sam, Gabriela Romani, KHeart, Stevie Steiner, Stephanie Flowers, Trish White, Gwyneth, and of course my sibling sister, Rev’s Sis. Last but not least, my dear señorita Sofía Hurtado. I love you, Sofy! 🌹🥰

♥️ Rev

Hi Rev as same here you are a treat to have on Halloween and not a trick he he .. You are a wonderful girlfriend big hugs ..

Stephanie

Hi Rev, just one more week to go.  I look forward to catching up with you.  Wanted to thank you for considering me a “true friend” which I will always be girlfriend!

Love, Marian xoxo

Revel
          Baroness

Hi Marian,

Yes, we have some catching up to do. Haha. It’s so nice to hear from you, and you’re welcome girlfriend.

Love, Rev

Trish White
      Baroness

I am so lucky to have found so many ‘true friends’ on this wonderful site. I was a very lonely CD for so many years until I found CDH and all the wonderful friends I have made since joining. All of you will never know how much your friendships have meant to me. You all lifted me from a dark lonely place and I love you all for that. I can’t name everyone and I apologize for that but some of my very closest friends who have been there for me constantly I’d like to mention are Melissa Penning ( my very first and dearest friend), Paulette Parfois, Megan Kelly, Melissa La Quinta, Gabriella Romani, Luaren Mugnaia, Revel, Danica Daroy, Dee Chambers, Zee Zee, Aunty June, Cynthia, Brina, Scarlett, Holly Morris, Stephanie Bass, and Jackie Boy.

Love to you all,

Trish 💖

Anonymous

Hi Cyn.

What a great topic, thanks for starting this!

For me, I’d have to say that my very best true friend is my long-suffering wife, because of all she’s put up with, not only due to my crossdressing, but lots of other things as well. I know that I’m a much better man, woman and person today due to her influence, love, support, guidance and everything else she’s given me over the years. I’d also add that a true friend is one who is there for you regardless. Regardless of what? Everything and anything. A true friend is one who is always there.

Other than that, I have a few guys that I would call “good friends” but I don’t know if I’d call them “true friends.” That may be because men in general don’t seem to build friendships like women do, they don’t tend to stay in touch, they don’t tend to dive deep into topics such as feelings, relationships, problems, etc., but instead seem to stay on superficial, “safe” topics (work, sports, the yard, etc.). Guys can see each other once a year, or even less than that, and be just fine. So because of that, most of my male friends are good friends, but I don’t hold my breath that they’ll reach out to me to catch up. I seem to be the one who is always doing that with them. Kinda sad in a way…

But anyway, from my perspective, if you have one true friend in your life, and she just happens to be your spouse, you’re doubly blessed!

Hugs,

Holly

Gwyneth
        Lady

You are lucky! In my 2 wives, friendship has been hard enough, no chance to be best friends.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?