Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I really want to find a female friend that could give me advice on picking out clothes that will fit my body type and not look like a thrown together mess. I also would like to get tips on makeup and other things to make me look more natural. I only have a couple people that know I crossdress and only one is female. I have tried to find someone through a few sites but have only had men that want pictures to respond. I am straight and in a relationship and explain that in my post. I am sure most women think I am just another freak looking for a hookup. Does anyone have any advice on how to get connected with a woman open minded enough to help a struggling girl out. I need to feel good about how I look when I am Erica but I just can’t get to the point I like what I see in the mirror.

Thank You for any advice you can give. Erica

I read that a lot of gurls have gone to Ulta for makeovers and learned from that. CDH is a wonderful place to meet gurls that are in your area that might be of help. I learned my makeup on UTube videos and practice, practice, and more practice. So far as clothing, I always had a sense of style but learned by trial and error about what looks good on me. Most of Stephanie’s early clothes came from thrift stores and yard sales. They were cheap and if they didn’t work, I would donate them back. The best part about doing it this way is a wonderful sense of satisfaction in your growth as the gurl you want to be as the journey progresses. For me it is a ever evolving process. I always smile when I see Stephanie looking back from the mirror…. Stephanie

Anonymous

Hello Erica,

In regards to makeup I would recommend going to MAC or Sephora. They believe makeup is for everyone. Talk to one of their representatives and they can help you get started. Also  MAC has a tutorial program that is 90 minutes and costs $90 in Canada. I understand Sephora has the same program in some stores.

There are makeup tutorials on Youtube directed for  women audience and you can learn about tools and techniques but we are have different facial structure and skin texture and other concerns suggest as facial hair that is best to discuss with someone one to one.

I suggest buying drugstore makeup products but if you can get a good set of makeup brushes. Morphe has good quality and a good price.

Jessica

Jessica

Check out Jecca Blac’s site too – it has a gender neutral philosophy towards makeup, and some great videos with MtF tips.

As for dressing, look more at how GGs put their outfits together and copy some.

It’s a fun adventure finding your own styles – there are so many permutations and possibilities!

Love Laura

You say you have one friend, who is female, and, that you are in a relationship? that is where I would start? My wife is my biggest help in these areas.
      Regi

First of all, echoing those that have gone before: count your blessings. If you haven’t opened up to your SO you should, for her sake if not for hers. As a celibate girl I just opened up to my first GG friend (who wasn’t a gf or ex) and she is very supportive. That said… your best options for advice on makeup and passing in general may come from the CD/trans community and not the GG community as there are some differences in how we genetic males can best present as female vs. how genetic females do so. Youtube is an excellent start, as is reaching out to your community here. That said, there’s nothing quite as validating as getting a GG’s support in this aspect of your life, so… pick your moments but don’t be afraid to start that conversation.

Anonymous

My SO does know about my dressing but I have not dressed in front of her. I am slowly working towards that and she has been supportive so far but I don’t want to go too fast and scare her off

Anonymous

She found my clothing stash a couple months ago. It was a shock and at first she broke off our relationship. About a week later she asked if we could meet and talk. I she asked a lot of questions and I told her everything from how it started and how I had been able to keep it a secret for so long. I explained that I feel no attraction to men and that it’s just something I can’t totally understand myself at this time but I like the way it feels and it is a way to deal with the stresses of life. She said she had done a lot of research over the last few days and though she isn’t ready to see me dressed she would like to keep in a relationship and work on being there for me

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?