- March 15, 2019 at 12:02 pm #160568
Cynthia HughesParticipantRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
So the wife and I have always talked about renewing our wedding vows at some point, maybe even as soon as our 20th anniversary.
The other night while talking about this I had asked if this time I can wear a dress too? to which she answered yes. So we have spent today checking out websites for dresses to see what kind of styles there are. Of course, my wife want’s a black one and also wants to renew on Halloween because that’s just the way she is.
I am pretty sure I will expand on this idea and make a blog post about it, But I was just wondering if anyone else is having an idea like this?
- March 16, 2019 at 9:23 am #160842BobbiParticipantRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 557Has thanked: 500 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
Congratulations! I’m sure you’re going to make a beautiful bride!
A lot of girls on this site are jealous of you, right now! (Myself included). 💋💋
- March 16, 2019 at 1:34 pm #160909Cynthia HughesParticipantRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
Oh, don’t be jealous just yet. So far this is just a flight of fancy, but if we can work out all the details I would more than love this to happen.
- March 16, 2019 at 6:11 am #160794Imogen MannParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 136Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 174 times
I was in a relationship where marriage had been mentioned, as for dresses, she was going to wear that ‘on the day’.. and I was going to be in a mens’ suit, mens’ underthings, not even toenail paint… I was disappointed, but there you go.
In the end we did not marry and I’m not longer in the relationship… Not due to this, but a lucky escape eh ?
- March 16, 2019 at 1:59 am #160735AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 102Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 106 times
Actually yes my wife and I have discussed this many times.
We talked about getting married in several different ways. Nothing really beats our anniversary we got married july 5th, but we celebrate it on the 4th.
- March 15, 2019 at 11:04 pm #160706MarianneAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 340Has thanked: 134 timesBeen thanked: 274 times
I did mention th idea to my wife a long time ago, but she didn’t like the idea as she feared my dress would outshine hers.
- March 15, 2019 at 6:04 pm #160657Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 187Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 204 times
Don’t think my wife would go for it, but what a neat idea. When you two were married, there were no same sex marriages, now they are common. So what could be better than renewing in dresses!
- March 15, 2019 at 6:23 pm #160662
- March 15, 2019 at 5:57 pm #160655Brandy LoveslaceParticipantRegistered On: January 22, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 78Has thanked: 61 timesBeen thanked: 109 times
That sounds like a really cool way to spend Halloween!
I like it… I wish I had thought of it… I just might borrow your idea 😉 We are celebrating our tenth anniversary this year. Congratulations to you both!
- March 15, 2019 at 5:49 pm #160653Max GarciaParticipantRegistered On: August 11, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 43Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 43 times
This sounds like an amazing idea! I love the Halloween timing also! My wife and I got married as close to Halloween as possible (since our daughter is in the beginning of Nov). But I could see us having a Halloween themed vow renewal. Wish you the best & congrats!
- March 15, 2019 at 5:34 pm #160646Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 2113Has thanked: 1333 timesBeen thanked: 1210 times
Cynthia, wonderful ideal and exciting your wife is all in, a special moment to celebrate beautiful connections between you two. I myself have realized how our love is strong. We just celebrated our 40 anniversary this last January and did renew our wows. With all family and friends it was beautiful day. In a tease I to mention about the two of us in wedding gowns but was shot down by her. She said that how nice that sounds but she’s the one who wants all the attention which is totally understandable. Besides she’s the only one that knows about me and could never have the courage to anyway. But on a good note she has mentioned “maybe next year we will take little weekend vacation down to Las Vegas, renew our wows again and you and only you can wear the wedding dress and be the bride and I’ll be the groom” I asked her “are you serious? ” … “why not it would be fun besides Stephenie is part of us , isn’t she?”👰
- March 15, 2019 at 3:49 pm #160623Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: November 18, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 404Has thanked: 428 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
You are living a dream of mine!
(Except that I would want to remarry in white)
Congratulations to you both!
- March 15, 2019 at 4:14 pm #160629ParticipantRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
If it turns out that we actually do this, my dress for sure will be a more classic white dress. It’s the wife that wants to black one.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 15, 2019 at 2:08 pm #160609LillyParticipantRegistered On: December 12, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 208Has thanked: 294 timesBeen thanked: 243 times
That sounds like fun! I’d say go for it, if it works for both of you.
I’m actually getting married in 4 weeks believe it or not. The other day my fiance asked if I wanted to be in a dress too. I laughed it off thinking she was making a joke but she was actually kinda serious, or at least wanted to bring up talking about it. Personally I’m pretty new to all this so I’m rocking my 3-piece anyway, that and I genuinely just like wearing women’s clothes but I’m otherwise your typical-ish guy. If after 20-years we’re still going strong though I’d consider doing it for fun ’cause why not right?
She also joked about a black dress too which also makes a lot of sense for her, that’s funny!
My friends actually got married on Halloween, it was a Renaissance fair wedding I actually got to wear a traditional kilt too which I still have, even in my family’s tartan. That was a lot of fun.
- March 15, 2019 at 3:33 pm #160620
- March 15, 2019 at 1:36 pm #160590Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 47Replies: 1837Has thanked: 1528 timesBeen thanked: 1436 times
Hi Cynthia………lovely idea. I tried to talk daughter in marrying in Romania…….Dracula Castle, horse drawn carriages…..oh so Goth. To no avail. Bless you both and do have a Happy Wedding.
- March 15, 2019 at 1:45 pm #160598ParticipantRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 48Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
Thanks, Dame Veronica.
I am not going to mention that to the wife because I am sure she would just love that too much.
Your Daughters wedding would have been epic though.
- March 15, 2019 at 12:36 pm #160578Jasmine JeffriesParticipantRegistered On: December 28, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 121Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 154 times
Sounds like a lovely idea I wish I could get married in a beautiful wedding dress
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.