• Creator
    Topic
    Mika Malone
    Participant
    Registered On: November 11, 2020
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 553

I figured that if I want to get out in public all dressed up, I need to start working on my makeup skills. Inspired by @Philma Bierstein, I went in drab to a nearby Ulta with a list. My list was a half page long of everything I thought I would need to get started. Eyelash curler, mascara, eyeliner, and an eyeshadow palette. A brow pencil and comb as well. I got foundation and concealer based on my skin tone per the sales associates advice. Plus, a contour palette and blush palette. I didn’t have lipliner on my list but I have always loved that look and grabbed some when I saw it. Lipstick was on sale so I picked out some matte and satin finishes in neutral tones and some pink shimmer lipstick and a wet pink gloss (just for fun). I couldn’t forget the translucent powder and setting spray, blender sponges, triangle sponges, a large brush set, and a small brush set. Luckily, I remembered makeup remover too. I got a cute “tackle box” to keep it all organized.

The sales associate was fun and helpful. Each time I went to the next item on my list she seemed both surprised and excited at each request. I think, perhaps her surprise was because I knew specifically what I wanted and she wasn’t expecting it. And it definitely wasn’t a condescending kind of reaction at all. At checkout, the cashier asked if I was doing some Christmas shopping. I said that it was a present for myself. She tilted her head, held up the blush and eyeshadow palettes and asked, “These are for you too?” When I smiled and confidently said yes, she smiled wide and let out an adorable giggle. She gave me several free samples of products when everything had been rung up. Luckily, she had thrown in a bold red liquid lipstick with all the freebies and I had forgotten red. I’m glad I joined the Ultamate Rewards too. With the nice fold out case, I dropped just over three bills on everything so I got some points. The entire experience was wonderful and I shouldn’t have to go back until spring when I start turning dark and need different foundation and concealer shades. So, I’ll be shaving my Santa beard off soon and practicing all the things I have been learning on YouTube. The pink fog is heavy, girls! And I have never felt so connected to myself.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 747

Thank you so much! I’m so happy to hear that! I know I’m not as eloquent as many of the ladies here. I don’t really struggle with anxiety, shame, or negative feelings about who I am. So, my contributions to CDH have seemed a bit trivial to me considering what a lot of girls here are going through. And my heart goes out to all of them. I finally realized that my my contributions here aren’t meaningless in that I have become so excited, happy, and connected to myself since I decided to fully embrace Mika and I hope others who might be struggling can find the joy that so many of us have about this part of our lives. Thanks, again. You’re so sweet!

No, I wouldn’t call it trivial at all. Success is always a useful data point. There are likely others considering a trip to Ulta and wondering how it all might turn out…

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

Thank you. It really was a great experience and I had a lot of fun. I hope it does inspire others who might have doubts about going.

Patty Phose
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 1494

That is so awesome you went out there so confidentially to get those things. And you were open about it. Good for you girl.

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

Thanks, Patty. Much of that confidence is because of all the wonderful girls here at CDH. And I had Robyn Devine and Philma Bierstein’s Ulta experiences fresh in my mind.

Robyn Devine
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 515

Well done girl, I’m proud of you!!!  I’m going as well on December 5th in drab although I’ll be wearing a hoodie dress, lingerie underneath with a waist garter belt holding up my thigh and black 3 in heels to top it off for the drive there, around town and on the way home (I’ll bring jeans to put on and keep my hoodie dress on and not sure if I’ll just wear my heels in the store or slide my cowboy boots on) dressed up..  I won’t have makeup or my wig on because I need supplies like you… My wife is tolerant but not totally accepting of Renee yet so I’m going with a GG friend of mine who is totally supportive of Renee..  I’m thinking I should just wear the heels into the store since my jeans hang over them because I have a long inseam…. giggles.

Go for it Renee! You gotta do YOU Honey!! Were rootin for ya!! 😁💄

xo – Robyn ❤️

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Renee
      Lady
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 10

Well done girl, I’m proud of you!!!  I’m going as well on December 5th in drab although I’ll be wearing a hoodie dress, lingerie underneath with a waist garter belt holding up my thigh and black 3 in heels to top it off for the drive there, around town and on the way home (I’ll bring jeans to put on and keep my hoodie dress on and not sure if I’ll just wear my heels in the store or slide my cowboy boots on) dressed up..  I won’t have makeup or my wig on because I need supplies like you… My wife is tolerant but not totally accepting of Renee yet so I’m going with a GG friend of mine who is totally supportive of Renee..  I’m thinking I should just wear the heels into the store since my jeans hang over them because I have a long inseam…. giggles.

Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

I LOVE IT!! That’s so awesome. You got some guts mixing things up like that. I admire your bravery. It’s one thing to get all dolled up in an attempt to pass. But wearing some heels and a hoodie dress without makeup or a wig shows that you are strong and confident and don’t have any f**ks to give about what anyone thinks. Let us all know how it turns out!

Amber Smith
      Lady
      Registered On: March 27, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 14

Every time I read one of these success stories it gives me a little more confidence that the world isn’t that bad and that I might be able to find someone just as helpful and genuine if I found myself shopping for makeup or clothes. So happy it worked out for you!

Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

Thanks, Amber. I consider myself lucky to have such support at home. My wife and I have been married 19 years and, like any couple, have had our share of tough times. My crossdressing probably isn’t the easiest thing for her to deal with  but she has always known I identify as a lesbian in a male body. Plus, my underdressing over the last 10 years undoubtedly softened the impact of me revealing my desire to take this to the next level. I certainly hope you can find someone in the manner which you described. It would be absolutely fabulous going into a relationship with that already out in the open. Thanks, again, and I’m hoping all the best for you.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Cindy Lou
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 18, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 412

Oh Mikka my darling, reading about your daily adventures in the pink fog is becoming one of my favorite things.

Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

Thank you so much! I’m so happy to hear that! I know I’m not as eloquent as many of the ladies here. I don’t really struggle with anxiety, shame, or negative feelings about who I am. So, my contributions to CDH have seemed a bit trivial to me considering what a lot of girls here are going through. And my heart goes out to all of them. I finally realized that my my contributions here aren’t meaningless in that I have become so excited, happy, and connected to myself since I decided to fully embrace Mika and I hope others who might be struggling can find the joy that so many of us have about this part of our lives. Thanks, again. You’re so sweet!

Cindy Lou
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: November 18, 2020
          Replies: 412

“I don’t really struggle with anxiety, shame, or negative feelings about who I am. So, my contributions to CDH have seemed a bit trivial to me”

I’ve felt that way myself.  I  joined up here not necessarily because I was seeking advice, though I always look forward to exchanging ideas,  but more because I felt I could be of help to someone struggling to have the talk or advance things along with their SO. There are times when I feel very out of place, not having gone through the same hardships that so many of the girls here have. I hope I can help somebody at some point, but Mikka let me tell you this, you are helping people now. I haven’t left the house any more than underdressed yet, but reading your posts inspires me and pushes me further along my journey.

Mika Malone
            Duchess - Annual

Thank you, Cindy. And you’re gonna love this then. In preparation to get out in public, I took advantage of the EnFemme sale going on right now and bought a decent wig and some breast forms among other things.

Robyn Devine
      Duchess

OMG!! THATS MARVELOUS!!  💋💄💃

Mika

No lie – Thats what I did a couple weeks ago.  I had a blast and so did the 3-4 sales ladies helping me.  They loved that I actually researched things.  Funny how Im practicing right now pausing to read this.

Yes @Philma Bierstein was a great story and inspiration for me as well.  I went in drab too, you got some guts girl…that is so AWESOME!!  I am SOOOO happy and excited for you!  All those new toys to play with!

By the way – I love your new profile pic. Love the hair color!! 💜

xo – Robyn 💋💄🤗

Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

Robyn, thank you so much. It’s so exciting to be taking this step. I had actually read about your experience at Ulta first and saw you reference @Philma. She and I have been drab friends for years before all this. Part of my motivation is wanting to get my skills down pat so she and I can go have a girl’s day shopping together, getting beers, and a bite to eat.

My profile picture is a FaceApp feminized photo that I aged down A LOT, lol. I just wanted something there until I can shave my beard and get my makeup skills half decent. The hair color is actually inspired by my daughter who currently has pink hair. Thanks again for your kind words.

Robyn Devine
          Duchess

OMG your so welcome!  My pleasure! 🤗😁

You’ve been friends for years?  That’s fabulous!!  Im excited for you…for BOTH of you! How cool that’ll be.

I get the FaceApp.  Its something to shoot for.  I know it feel strange when I shaved off my stache and goatee.  Carried it for ages.  I like how you honor your daughter with the hair color.

HUGS – Robyn 🤗👠💄

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Replies: 1047

Hi Mika nice to meet you and so happy you have a spouse who accepts you and supports you as Mika . Thats such a wonderful bonus in your girly life to have a wife who supports you and a daughter also wow a double bonus.  Have you played much with makeup yet and did wife help you with your list at the store to get what you needed  So hope you get help from wife its so much fun  as they as wife and is daughter old enough to help teach you the finer points of makeup  its a blast and so much fun learning the finer art of makeup and being the girl thats living in your heart and sole  . So good luck and again nice to meet you hope to hear more from you about your girly life here on CDH .

Stephanie Bass

Mika Malone
        Duchess - Annual

Thank you, Stephanie. I have zero makeup experience. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos over the past week. A whole lot. Some are for CD’s but most are GGs that have videos about specifics that I need to learn. Such as, deep set eyes and hooded eyes. I watched so many videos that I didn’t need any help making my list. I’ve asked my wife a few general questions but that’s it so far. I would enjoy her helping me learn the application but I really need to do it on my own, for better or worse, so I can learn faster. My daughter really doesn’t wear makeup at all beyond cosplay stuff. It’s gonna be fun doing it on my own (and probably quite amusing until I get the hang of it). Nice to meet you, as well. And thanks again.

Stephanie Bass
          Princess - Annual
          Registered On: November 30, 2019
          Replies: 1047

You are so welcome as same here my wife is not much for makeup use so most all mine was self taught from youtube and looking at women on the street and trying to figuire it out good luck girlfriend .

Stephanie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.