Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I love shoes, especially high-heel shoes, unfortunately, they often, don’t love me.  How is it that these exquisite works of art, their beauty, and their sex appeal, so alluring, can cause us such pain?  So often, I’m drawn to a gorgeous pair of high-heels, a pair that I know I just can’t live without, only to discover a short time later, they are a torture chamber for my feet.  In fact, I own more pairs of high-heels that are too painful to wear than comfortable pairs.  And so, my closet is filled with high-heels, too beautiful to discard, but too painful to ever wear again.

Despite my growing collection of uncomfortable shoes, I can’t stop buying more; each time, deluding myself that this new pair will be different.  And yes, on occasion, I do find a pair of heels that are not painful, maybe not quite comfortable, but wearable.  Unfortunately, the pairs that don’t cause me pain don’t inspire me much either.  Comfortable shoes just don’t tend to be sexy.

So, when I found a pair of dressy, to-die-for pumps with 4-inch heels, at a local shoe store, I bought them lying to myself they’d be okay.  Of course, when I tried them on in the store, I didn’t wear them long enough to suffer any of the pain they’d cause me later.   The first time I decided to wear them for an outing, however, I couldn’t stand the anguish, and even before leaving the house, I had to take them off.  Disgustedly, I put them in the corner of my closet, left to gather dust with all my other unwearable shoes.

For weeks, every time I would go into my closet, I’d see those beautiful pumps, and I’d long to wear them, despite the pain I knew they’d cause.  I so wished, there was a way to make them work.  Maybe I could break them in; perhaps that was what they needed. I thought that trying to break them in was a long-shot proposition, but I wanted so badly to wear them, I decided to give the idea a try.

So, I wore them every day for as long as I could stand them, which at first, was only 15 minutes or so.  I made it a point to walk in them when I wore them, and each night, I inserted expanders, hoping I could make the synthetic material they were made of, more pliable.  At first, the pain was intense, but after a couple of weeks, I noticed they were hurting less and less, and the more I wore them, the less painful they became.  Amazingly, surprisingly, I reached the point where I thought it possible to wear them out of the house.

As a test, I wore them out to lunch this past weekend, and they felt great, even though I wore them for several hours.  Obviously, I don’t think I could wear these shoes if I was doing a lot of walking, but I am so happy to be able to wear them for a casual outing.

I wonder now, if breaking in some of my other uncomfortable shoes would result in success the way it had for this pair.  This pair, though, required an exorbitant break in period, and I’m not sure I have the time, or the inkling to put in such effort with other pairs.  Still, for that certain pair of must-have high-heels, maybe a long arduous break in period is worth the effort.

Hugs,

Sally

have you ever had your feet properly sized? sounds alot like you’re getting shoes too small/narrow.

Women’s shoes are typically B-width, men’s are D-width. For those of us with wide feet, we may need to go with Women’s wide or Extra Wide. The problem is, some styles are not available in extra wide.

I recommend Investing in a shoe stretcher. It has helped me.

Q

Lea
      Lady

A friend who knows a lot about shoes and has always told me that all shoes need breaking-in, like wearing them around the house or for short errands.

And there’s the pain of those ultra sexy heels….the only way around that I’ve found is breaking them in, building up muscle strength in my legs and back, and sometimes just admitting that a certain pair is only for looks, so keep an extra pair of flats.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My first heels were 5 inch stilettos. I was 18 and dressing fully fem for the first time.It was for a party and I wanted the sexiest outfit and shoes I could find.  At first they seemed like a big mistake. I could barely stand in them. Forget about walking.  Still, they way they made my legs look I knew I had to wear them at the party.

I wore them at home constantly, even to bed. I struggled standing and walking in them for a few days but everyday it just got easier and more comfortable. I began going out after dark and walking around in them. They began to feel very comfortable and natural. I loved the look and experience of wearing them so much I wore them all the time. I walked long distances, stood and danced a lot at the party and they were fine.

I’ve bought and worn a lot of shoes since then. I buy them mostly for looks. Some are great right out of the box. Some take some breaking in. Others do hurt my feet if I wear them a long time. Still I enjoy their look and wear them until my feet hurt, then change into something else.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?