Which do you choose first when dressing?

This is a bit of research I am doing for a post I am putting together. So your feedback and comments are most welcome. Outerwear means dresses or skirts/tops etc.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • always underwear first
  • always outerwear first
  • 50% + of the time - underwear first
  • 50% + of the time - outerwear first
  • completely variable depending on time or situation
  • random
  • other - please explain
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 603

I always pick my outerwear first and then my undies.  I figure out the look I want to present, then I pick the undies to match and compliment.

PaulaF

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Michelle Bailey
      Participant
      Registered On: July 17, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 89

As I am a underdresser 99% of the time (who knows one day that could change I look forward to that day ) so all I have to decide on is underwear what colour ,what style ,pantyhose or stockings ,suspender belt or girdle ,there are a lot of decisions to make for us ‘girls’even our daily underwear choice .

Michelle xx

Patty Phose
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 1367

I often choose my dress first, then pantyhose, shoes next, then bra and breast forms, then panties or no panties depending on the length of my dress and whether or not I’ll be wearing sheer to waist pantyhose, or a diaphanous dress. After that it’s wig and makeup.

That’s just general guideline and it could vary depending on what my preferred clothing item will be, like I might choose a dress to wear with my shoes instead of shoes to wear with my dress. Most of the time though I choose my outerwear first.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Gail
      Participant
      Registered On: May 12, 2016
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 47

I prefer choosing my outerwear first.

My Lingerie, foundations etc., depends on what outfit I choose to wear.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Carla Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: May 14, 2017
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 262

I always put on panties and bra first. I do match colors, black bra black panties, white bra white panties and so on. Most time I wear a front closure bra but wear sports bra too. My panties and bra sometimes does determine what outerwear I choose. For example, white blouse I wear a white lace bra that can show through and look femme. I will wear a cami when I have on sports bras. For some reason they just go together.

Carla

Alicen Thairms
      Participant
      Registered On: July 15, 2019
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 301

The day before a crossdressing session I usually think of what outfit I would like to wear, taking into account the time of year and the weather, I like to plan ahead.

On the day I get dressed in the outfit I thought of the day before . I put out my skirt and top ready then put on my underwear, followed by tights (or none if summer), then on with my skirt and top and select a suitable pair of shoes to match. If going out I select a coat or anorak as needed.

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 1923

Hi Stephanie,

What a tough decision.  Sometimes I’ll chose a dress or skirt then change my mind.  Sometimes I’ll start with the Bra and panties and tights and shapewear then select today’s dress.  I may change the dress depending on how it drapes and falls.  So I picked random to allow for changes or if another color appeals to me while dressing.  Perhaps, random doesn’t describe this pattern but it can be fun trying on different things before the final decision.

Alice

Brittney Andrews
      Participant
      Registered On: August 1, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 569

I voted outerwear always first. I decide which dress or blouse&skirt combo I want to wear; then I select color matching bra and panty to complete my outfit.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 202

OMG! Such a great question. My lead off decision is color choice, then panties. Oh oh to be with people who so understand.

helenmarie
      Participant
      Registered On: August 1, 2018
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 120

Hello Stephanie,                 As I underdress all the time now, I always pick my underwear first, because I wear my mens clothes on top. But when I decide to dress femme for a while, then the outerwear comes first. The choice of dress/skirt usually tells me the style/colour of my undies, a white top with the wrong colour bra would not work. So undies first for normal days, but outerwear first when dressing fully femme.               love,  Helenmarie

Rachel Plain
      Participant
      Registered On: July 4, 2016
      Replies: 253

I normally have a skirt, dress or top that I want to wear, and choose everything else based on that. Underwear is always whatever I grab first that seems to suit the weather and whatever I’m wearing.

Fiona-Ann Moss
      Participant
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 366
      Replies: 1202

i have not really given this a thought, i chop and change like the wind!! mainly, i am more interested in whats on the outside than the inside, i mean no-one can see!! right!! unless you sit very unladylike with a skirt on… good question though 🙂

Fee xxx

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Kelly Terry
      Participant
      Registered On: February 26, 2018
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 94

When I start thinking about what to wear today I normally start with one piece like a specific skirt or shoe, then matching the rest with that. Underwear is more of what’s not currently in wash or so. Well, I do think about what size breast I should have and with that what bra to use. The top/dress I chosen earlier can some times reduce the options in that area.

Stockings/pantyhose/nothing depends  on weather and what skirt/dress I wear. Lately it’s been to warm to wear anything so I been bare legged all the time. When it’s cooler I do prefer stockings, feels so much more girly that pantyhose.

karley delaware
      Participant
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 376

Underwear and bra first because it immediately makes me feel girly and sexy. Then thinking about different outfits and  choosing one makes me feel so pretty!!

5 users thanked author for this post.
        T.J. Byron
        Participant
        Registered On: October 18, 2018
        Replies: 225

Karley;

Great process,  & I could do the same with just thinking about a pair of stockings,  always 100% nylon.

Like to match up, girdle, panties & Bra.

It’s exciting to think about what’s underneath, when sitting at the lunch table!

Dr. T.J

Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)
      Ambassador
      Registered On: July 27, 2016
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 361

I pick my outerwear then I know what kind of underwear to wear like low cut top is a different bra than full cover top. Also my underwear is what will work and be comfortable and feel sexy but has to go with the outer wear, like a tight skirt needs no lines and jeans I need something more cotton so they do not slide off. Then my makeup is what best fits my outfit and my skin tone at the time. Just my way of doing it. LOL
      Sara

MacKenzie Alexandra
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 20, 2016
      Topics: 44
      Replies: 509

My panties and bra have little bearing on my outfit.  I have worn panties daily for 3 years. Also, I have never seen the need to coordinate what is not seen.  There is no debate in my selection of underwear (panties and bra) besides sports bra over a nonsports bra depending on mu activity.

My outerwear always bring debate and consideration. I usually need to review several parameters in making the decision of what to wear.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Abby Winters
      Participant
      Registered On: February 7, 2019
      Replies: 22

I always start with panties,mainly because I only have the ability to underdress.Oh well it make me feel great all day!

T.J. Byron
        Participant

Abby….what ever floats your boat, Dear!

Dr. T.J.

Caty Ryan
      Participant
      Registered On: August 27, 2017
      Topics: 69
      Replies: 657

Lingerie and breast forms here first, but with a nod to what outerwear I’ll be putting over the top.

EG I wont do the old “black bra /white top” bit.

When in total Caty mode, stockings and suspender belt. Makeup comes next before outerwear. (no stains thanks very much) Other times opaque tights when I underdress all day and night in an Oz winter.

(Come summer and 100F’ plus days, no female apparel will touch my bod… Too risky with my “DADT” SO.)

Caty

Rozalyne Richards
      Participant
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Replies: 227

I should have said always underwear because I always wear stocking’s with everything I wear x

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 82

I choose outerwear first because some outfits require a slip others don’t; I may have to tighten my corset more for some than others; if I can wear sandals with the outfit I won’t need pantyhose.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 27

Do stockings and garters count as “underwear”? They are always first for me.

stephanie plumb
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 90
        Replies: 793

they do

T.J. Byron
        Participant

Agreed. I always layout  everything the night before. I have a few ” toe pads” BEFORE stockings. Girdle goes on before that. I put on padded open bottom panty. Then panties. I use a half slip to apply my pocket bras…yes “s”. I don’t put in my breasts until After making up face and chest. Petticoats or slip. Then dress/ skirt / top. Then jewelry,  wig and shoes. Fragrance, belt and handbag.

READY TO GO, GO, GO!!

Celeste Starre
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 25
      Replies: 575

I would think it would have to be outer wear first as the underwear in many cases is specific to what outer wear is chosen. Length and fullness and even color of a slip pretty much depends on the skirt. Color of you’re bra and strap type is determined by color and style of of the top, bodice style of the dress,and sheerness of fabric.

Marianne
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 20, 2017
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 462

I usually start with an idea of what I will be wearing for the day. After that I select underwear to go with it, basically meaning white or black. If l am going for full makeup, I’ll apply it before donning the dress or other outer wear. Quick fix makeup for going to the grocery store and such, I usually apply fully dressed.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Melissa Davis
      Participant
      Registered On: September 4, 2018
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 54

Maybe because of my age I think first of how I present myself, even if I don’t plan to go out that day. I want to look stylish in a mature way, perhaps resembling a retired executive or university professor. What goes underneath the dress or skirt — bra, shapewear, sometimes a slip — must support that goal. It’s a fact of life that, after reaching a certain age, a woman who wants to seem well-preserved and even sexy must conceal more than reveal. Nobody is likely to tell me I have beautiful legs. Their comments are on the order of: “I love your long skirt” and “What a pretty dress.”

Emily
      Participant
      Registered On: April 30, 2016
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 481

Always choose underwear first. That’s not to say that I don’t change bras after choosing a top. Some just don’t work together. I most often wake up thinking about what I’m going to wear for the day, especially now that I am retired and have all day for Emily to shine. Now, all that being said, I will sometimes change outfits based on what I decide to do with my day.

Makeup is the same story. Am I staying home all day? Am I going to the shops? Working in the garden? Being a housewife? You get the picture.

Emily

michaela jane
      Participant
      Registered On: December 9, 2016
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 197

Since I have no so-called “male” underwear in the house, my choice comes down to panties or thong.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 25

I wear women’s clothing almost every day. I usually pick out what I want to wear then pick out suitable underwear. If the slacks I am wearing are a bit tight then I will pick something more along the line of shape wear. If I am wearing jeans, then usually I will just pick out some cute panties, something the won’t show underneath. I also dither a good bit when trying to decide what to wear. I recently got some new shoes, so today I tried to pick something that I thought would look good with the shoes.

Michelle Wilmington
      Participant
      Registered On: April 17, 2017
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 85

Outerware is chosen 1st, then the appropriate undergarments to go with it. However you didn’t mention lingerie, then it’s bra and panties, then the matching lingerie.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 147
      Replies: 663

Outerwear first. What lingerie I’ll wear depends from what dress/top I’m wearing. (And that is mostly to decide on a bra style.)

stephanie plumb
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 90
        Replies: 793

You are SO organised. I am much more of a ditherer.  Do you stick with the outfit you have chosen? Or do you (like I do)  frequently change clothes to experience different feels and textures?

Melissa Davis
          Participant
          Registered On: September 4, 2018
          Replies: 54

Stephanie,

I son’t call it dithering, but I spend a lot of time trying new out combinations. I may have a new item or experiment with a combination of different bottoms or tops. Recently I put on pearl gray shirt that I hadn’t worn for months and was thinking of donating. With an appropriate skirt and shoes I had bought more recently I discovered an attractive combination.

Kim Michele
      Participant
      Registered On: April 22, 2019
      Replies: 22

I look at my panties and bras to decide what I want to be that day.

Sometimes it is just a little sexy, sometimes I want to be the hot sexy slut I always wanted to be.

Silk or lace, mmmm what a question.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.