- always underwear first
- always outerwear first
- 50% + of the time - underwear first
- 50% + of the time - outerwear first
- completely variable depending on time or situation
- other - please explain
- July 2, 2019 at 2:24 am #194478stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 90Replies: 793Has thanked: 901 timesBeen thanked: 2744 times
Choosing what to wear is one of the joys of dressing. But it can lead to indecision and changing of the mind – dithering over what to wear is a female trait is it not?
The more choice you have the harder it gets to choose. Personally I like to apply my makeup after I have put on my underwear and before I dress. Sometimes I have chosen my outerwear in advance, but mostly not so I will vote 50% + underwear first. I can’t wait to get my bra on! What about you?
Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- October 2, 2020 at 9:53 pm #389774Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 603Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 2088 times
I always pick my outerwear first and then my undies. I figure out the look I want to present, then I pick the undies to match and compliment.
- September 29, 2020 at 11:31 pm #388755Michelle BaileyParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 89Has thanked: 1532 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
As I am a underdresser 99% of the time (who knows one day that could change I look forward to that day ) so all I have to decide on is underwear what colour ,what style ,pantyhose or stockings ,suspender belt or girdle ,there are a lot of decisions to make for us ‘girls’even our daily underwear choice .
- November 10, 2019 at 7:25 am #246885Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1367Has thanked: 959 timesBeen thanked: 3216 times
I often choose my dress first, then pantyhose, shoes next, then bra and breast forms, then panties or no panties depending on the length of my dress and whether or not I’ll be wearing sheer to waist pantyhose, or a diaphanous dress. After that it’s wig and makeup.
That’s just general guideline and it could vary depending on what my preferred clothing item will be, like I might choose a dress to wear with my shoes instead of shoes to wear with my dress. Most of the time though I choose my outerwear first.
- November 7, 2019 at 8:48 am #244639
- October 24, 2019 at 12:46 pm #239452Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 262Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 936 times
I always put on panties and bra first. I do match colors, black bra black panties, white bra white panties and so on. Most time I wear a front closure bra but wear sports bra too. My panties and bra sometimes does determine what outerwear I choose. For example, white blouse I wear a white lace bra that can show through and look femme. I will wear a cami when I have on sports bras. For some reason they just go together.
- October 24, 2019 at 11:35 am #239405Alicen ThairmsParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 29Replies: 301Has thanked: 1059 timesBeen thanked: 654 times
The day before a crossdressing session I usually think of what outfit I would like to wear, taking into account the time of year and the weather, I like to plan ahead.
On the day I get dressed in the outfit I thought of the day before . I put out my skirt and top ready then put on my underwear, followed by tights (or none if summer), then on with my skirt and top and select a suitable pair of shoes to match. If going out I select a coat or anorak as needed.
- October 23, 2019 at 4:19 pm #239110Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1923Has thanked: 596 timesBeen thanked: 3434 times
What a tough decision. Sometimes I’ll chose a dress or skirt then change my mind. Sometimes I’ll start with the Bra and panties and tights and shapewear then select today’s dress. I may change the dress depending on how it drapes and falls. So I picked random to allow for changes or if another color appeals to me while dressing. Perhaps, random doesn’t describe this pattern but it can be fun trying on different things before the final decision.
- October 23, 2019 at 1:11 pm #239019Brittney AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 569Has thanked: 35438 timesBeen thanked: 944 times
- July 8, 2019 at 5:04 pm #196214AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 202Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 431 times
- July 8, 2019 at 7:52 am #196085helenmarieParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 9Replies: 120Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 301 times
Hello Stephanie, As I underdress all the time now, I always pick my underwear first, because I wear my mens clothes on top. But when I decide to dress femme for a while, then the outerwear comes first. The choice of dress/skirt usually tells me the style/colour of my undies, a white top with the wrong colour bra would not work. So undies first for normal days, but outerwear first when dressing fully femme. love, Helenmarie
- July 7, 2019 at 1:46 pm #195885Rachel PlainParticipantRegistered On: July 4, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 253Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 619 times
I normally have a skirt, dress or top that I want to wear, and choose everything else based on that. Underwear is always whatever I grab first that seems to suit the weather and whatever I’m wearing.
- July 7, 2019 at 8:28 am #195797Fiona-Ann MossParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 366Replies: 1202Has thanked: 3564 timesBeen thanked: 3392 times
i have not really given this a thought, i chop and change like the wind!! mainly, i am more interested in whats on the outside than the inside, i mean no-one can see!! right!! unless you sit very unladylike with a skirt on… good question though 🙂
- July 4, 2019 at 1:33 pm #195099Kelly TerryParticipantRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 94Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 343 times
When I start thinking about what to wear today I normally start with one piece like a specific skirt or shoe, then matching the rest with that. Underwear is more of what’s not currently in wash or so. Well, I do think about what size breast I should have and with that what bra to use. The top/dress I chosen earlier can some times reduce the options in that area.
Stockings/pantyhose/nothing depends on weather and what skirt/dress I wear. Lately it’s been to warm to wear anything so I been bare legged all the time. When it’s cooler I do prefer stockings, feels so much more girly that pantyhose.
- July 4, 2019 at 12:19 am #195007karley delawareParticipantRegistered On: October 23, 2017Topics: 9Replies: 376Has thanked: 1551 timesBeen thanked: 896 times
- July 4, 2019 at 1:43 pm #195100T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 225Has thanked: 1548 timesBeen thanked: 755 times
Great process, & I could do the same with just thinking about a pair of stockings, always 100% nylon.
Like to match up, girdle, panties & Bra.
It’s exciting to think about what’s underneath, when sitting at the lunch table!
- July 3, 2019 at 12:43 pm #194876Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)AmbassadorRegistered On: July 27, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 361Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 430 times
I pick my outerwear then I know what kind of underwear to wear like low cut top is a different bra than full cover top. Also my underwear is what will work and be comfortable and feel sexy but has to go with the outer wear, like a tight skirt needs no lines and jeans I need something more cotton so they do not slide off. Then my makeup is what best fits my outfit and my skin tone at the time. Just my way of doing it. LOL
- July 3, 2019 at 5:00 am #194775MacKenzie AlexandraAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2016Topics: 44Replies: 509Has thanked: 124 timesBeen thanked: 982 times
My panties and bra have little bearing on my outfit. I have worn panties daily for 3 years. Also, I have never seen the need to coordinate what is not seen. There is no debate in my selection of underwear (panties and bra) besides sports bra over a nonsports bra depending on mu activity.
My outerwear always bring debate and consideration. I usually need to review several parameters in making the decision of what to wear.
- July 3, 2019 at 3:15 am #194767Abby WintersParticipantRegistered On: February 7, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 22Has thanked: 78 timesBeen thanked: 65 times
- July 3, 2019 at 8:37 am #194825
- July 2, 2019 at 9:04 pm #194726Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 69Replies: 657Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1957 times
Lingerie and breast forms here first, but with a nod to what outerwear I’ll be putting over the top.
EG I wont do the old “black bra /white top” bit.
When in total Caty mode, stockings and suspender belt. Makeup comes next before outerwear. (no stains thanks very much) Other times opaque tights when I underdress all day and night in an Oz winter.
(Come summer and 100F’ plus days, no female apparel will touch my bod… Too risky with my “DADT” SO.)
- July 2, 2019 at 4:13 pm #194685
- July 2, 2019 at 3:01 pm #194663AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 82Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 235 times
- July 2, 2019 at 2:43 pm #194660AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 27Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
- July 3, 2019 at 10:32 am #194855
- July 2, 2019 at 3:00 pm #194662ParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 225Has thanked: 1548 timesBeen thanked: 755 times
Agreed. I always layout everything the night before. I have a few ” toe pads” BEFORE stockings. Girdle goes on before that. I put on padded open bottom panty. Then panties. I use a half slip to apply my pocket bras…yes “s”. I don’t put in my breasts until After making up face and chest. Petticoats or slip. Then dress/ skirt / top. Then jewelry, wig and shoes. Fragrance, belt and handbag.
READY TO GO, GO, GO!!
- July 2, 2019 at 12:57 pm #194646Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 575Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 1507 times
I would think it would have to be outer wear first as the underwear in many cases is specific to what outer wear is chosen. Length and fullness and even color of a slip pretty much depends on the skirt. Color of you’re bra and strap type is determined by color and style of of the top, bodice style of the dress,and sheerness of fabric.
- July 2, 2019 at 10:43 am #194611MarianneAmbassadorRegistered On: May 20, 2017Topics: 11Replies: 462Has thanked: 268 timesBeen thanked: 764 times
I usually start with an idea of what I will be wearing for the day. After that I select underwear to go with it, basically meaning white or black. If l am going for full makeup, I’ll apply it before donning the dress or other outer wear. Quick fix makeup for going to the grocery store and such, I usually apply fully dressed.
- July 2, 2019 at 8:42 am #194581Melissa DavisParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 54Has thanked: 640 timesBeen thanked: 122 times
Maybe because of my age I think first of how I present myself, even if I don’t plan to go out that day. I want to look stylish in a mature way, perhaps resembling a retired executive or university professor. What goes underneath the dress or skirt — bra, shapewear, sometimes a slip — must support that goal. It’s a fact of life that, after reaching a certain age, a woman who wants to seem well-preserved and even sexy must conceal more than reveal. Nobody is likely to tell me I have beautiful legs. Their comments are on the order of: “I love your long skirt” and “What a pretty dress.”
- July 2, 2019 at 7:36 am #194562EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 481Has thanked: 2503 timesBeen thanked: 1178 times
Always choose underwear first. That’s not to say that I don’t change bras after choosing a top. Some just don’t work together. I most often wake up thinking about what I’m going to wear for the day, especially now that I am retired and have all day for Emily to shine. Now, all that being said, I will sometimes change outfits based on what I decide to do with my day.
Makeup is the same story. Am I staying home all day? Am I going to the shops? Working in the garden? Being a housewife? You get the picture.
- July 2, 2019 at 6:36 am #194560michaela janeParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 197Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 351 times
- July 2, 2019 at 6:33 am #194559AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 25Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 86 times
I wear women’s clothing almost every day. I usually pick out what I want to wear then pick out suitable underwear. If the slacks I am wearing are a bit tight then I will pick something more along the line of shape wear. If I am wearing jeans, then usually I will just pick out some cute panties, something the won’t show underneath. I also dither a good bit when trying to decide what to wear. I recently got some new shoes, so today I tried to pick something that I thought would look good with the shoes.
- July 2, 2019 at 4:57 am #194517Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 85Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
- July 2, 2019 at 4:01 am #194501AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 147Replies: 663Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 1550 times
- July 2, 2019 at 4:36 am #194509stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 90Replies: 793Has thanked: 901 timesBeen thanked: 2744 times
- July 2, 2019 at 2:09 pm #194657Melissa DavisParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 54Has thanked: 640 timesBeen thanked: 122 times
I son’t call it dithering, but I spend a lot of time trying new out combinations. I may have a new item or experiment with a combination of different bottoms or tops. Recently I put on pearl gray shirt that I hadn’t worn for months and was thinking of donating. With an appropriate skirt and shoes I had bought more recently I discovered an attractive combination.
- July 2, 2019 at 3:52 am #194499Kim MicheleParticipantRegistered On: April 22, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 18 timesBeen thanked: 90 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.