- June 5, 2022 at 9:59 pm #650438Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 116Replies: 1030Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4065 times
I’ve always worn and prefer unlined underwire bras, at least for me they hold my forms just right and the lacier the better. Any small gaps in the lace that allow me to see “my breasts” is another plus. Altho other s dont like it at all, the feel of the underwires on my chest is lovely as well.. Very femme.
But out in the (shall we say??)”real world”, looks like these garments are “on the outer”. even tho’ as we know they belong on “the inner”…. Groan…..
Here’s a newspaper article to “fill our cups” on this matter. So “strap in” and enjoy the read…
Love to read what others think about this “uplifting” subject.
Yes… I know… “Get outa here with your bad puns Caty”
- June 15, 2022 at 12:58 am #653068Clarissa CrossLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 122Has thanked: 877 timesBeen thanked: 475 times
Both my SO and I love the underwire bras, she may be different from other GG because also she really likes to feel the hugging of her shape wear and she really don’t need shape wear, just really loves the feeling of it as I do and I love the feeling of her in shape wear.
- June 11, 2022 at 1:07 pm #651551Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 1298Has thanked: 8119 timesBeen thanked: 6447 times
This thread being about bras I thought I would post about a conversation I had the other day with my wife. Its not about underwired bras though.
She knows I dress and underdress every day and is ok with it so it was no surprise when she hugged me and felt my bra. She asked what kind of bra I was wearing because she didn’t feel any underwires. I told her it was a sports bra and it was very comfortable. We began a discussion about the comfort I found when wearing a bra. I told her it was like a comforting hug all day long and it also connected me to my feminine side. She said oh, like a dogs thunder shirt? I answered, well yes, like a dogs thunder shirt. Some people have comfort pets for their mental health and I have comfort bras for my mental health. She said she understood.
Waiting to see bras marketed as thunder bras…. lol
- June 8, 2022 at 8:07 pm #651031Debbie BurnsLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 51Has thanked: 107 timesBeen thanked: 131 times
I too like a underwire bra I have mostly unlined underwire bras. I have some natural man boobs as my wife calls them (she does not know of Debbie).I find my underwire bras give ma a nice shape and I don’t find them uncomfortable at all most all of them feel nice and some of them I forget im wearing one. I get a nice B shape witch might be a little small for my frame but I like them small. I was never a big boob fan, my wife says she is sorry for having them on the larger side.She knows I like smaller ones.I hope underwires don’t go away and I don’t think they will anytime soon at least around here. My wife wears them and from seeing the laundry at my kids houses there all underwire too. That makes 10 customers just in my family.
- June 8, 2022 at 7:07 pm #651017JasmineDuchessRegistered On: June 8, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 57Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 167 times
I do prefer an underwire bra because it helps to hold your forms and place better and you don’t have to sit there and keep a Justin them and it just it gives you a better figure as opposed to a non underwire bra which will tend to slide up over your forms so that’s why I go with underwire bras and you can find some pretty cute ones if you know where to look
- June 8, 2022 at 6:57 pm #651012Holly MorrisLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 23Replies: 47Has thanked: 610 timesBeen thanked: 566 times
I have both underwired and non-underwired bras and like to wear both. Comfort, fit and fashion all will factor into my decision about what to wear on any particular day, but I have to say that I notice my underwired bras more, but they also hold my forms in place much, much better (that’s the advantage underwired bras provide, of course). They also make me feel much more like a real women, as the constant reminder they provide when I wear one, combined with the feel of my breast forms on my chest, is something I truly enjoy.
So are underwire bras on the way out? I certainly hope not!
- June 8, 2022 at 6:00 pm #650999Eileen BachBaronessRegistered On: February 27, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 302Has thanked: 157 timesBeen thanked: 1194 times
Interesting responses to read through! Underwire bras helps keep the girls in place, and not just for the more endowed women. As women entered the work force in WW11, physical activity required a better bra to prevent, ‘under boob’, breast tissue slipping under the bra. Ouch!
Bras are better designed now, especially for active women. I can see that wearing forms might need that extra support from wires, and the added reminder of wearing a bra is a pleasure.
- June 6, 2022 at 6:51 pm #650596Renea DayLadyRegistered On: February 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 52Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 253 times
I, too, prefer underwire bras because they hold my breasts forms in place but also because they hold my shape all day. Whether I am wearing a blouse or a dress, my bust stays in place much better with underwires. Feeling the slight pressure of the bra keeps me feeling feminine as well without having to posture or pose to have my womanly figure. I’m able to move about and do things without having to constantly adjust. Maidenform and Vanity Fair are the bras that fit me the best, underwired and unlined cups for my breasts.
- June 6, 2022 at 2:11 pm #650566Fiona BlackLadyRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 67Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 209 times
My Bali underwire bras hold my forms in perfectly and are very comfortable to wear all day. As long as I use forms I will use an underwire bra.
- June 6, 2022 at 9:14 am #650518Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 856Has thanked: 18994 timesBeen thanked: 3057 times
I too prefer underwire, when I can wear a bra. I do enjoy the way they support the forms.
Keep those puns coming, I enjoy them too!
- June 6, 2022 at 9:14 am #650517Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 33Has thanked: 253 timesBeen thanked: 137 times
I love my underwire bra’s I have tried the non-wired and they just don’t fit as well and have a tendency to roll up and just uncomfortable. I have been wearing wired for a long time now and have close to 25 or more, and am always looking for the next cute bra, wired of course… LOL
- June 6, 2022 at 9:08 am #650515Lauren MugnaiaRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 174Has thanked: 1687 timesBeen thanked: 884 times
Interesting timing! This is a topic that I made a personal entry about yesterday. I needed a new bra and after doing a bit of research I just bought a “WonderBra Breathable T-shirt Underwire Bra”. After all the bra’s that I have worn over the years, this one is definitely the best! It is so comfortable! It is a 38C and fits my C-cup forms like it was made just for them. The straps are stretchy and don’t dig in, the underwires are perfectly placed, and it is very pretty with lace and mesh across the cups. The color is called Paris Nude.
Love and hugs girls.
- June 6, 2022 at 2:08 pm #650565Fiona BlackLadyRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 67Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 209 times
I feel the same about my Bali One Smooth U Ultra Light Underwire Bra. They are a T-shirt bra also and are extremely comfortable. One thing to note though (and which I discovered after buy them) is that t-shirt bras often let your forms nipples show through easier than most other bras. Hmmm, maybe that accounts for the looks men have been giving me!
- June 6, 2022 at 8:20 am #650505Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 1298Has thanked: 8119 timesBeen thanked: 6447 times
Yes, I love underwired bras. With female clothing going more casual and comfortable all the time I can understand pantyhose and underwires going away for the sake of comfort. GG’s breasts lay different than any of our forms too and can cause under boob sweat and underwire chafing. While we may love the feel of it they have dealt with it for years already with little choice.
- June 6, 2022 at 7:41 am #650497Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 95Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 466 times
I strongly prefer underwire bras – they hold my forms correctly and make me feel like I’m properly dressed.
On a larger note, this seems like one more example of what is a GG’s hell being a CD’s heaven (to coin a phrase). Pantyhose, underwire bras, heels, full makeup, dresses and more seem to be rejected by more and more GGs, but to me are things I wouldn’t want to ever give up. Cooking seems to be an activity that follows this pattern as well – so many GGs say it’s a burdensome chore for them, but I find joy and contentment in my cooking.
- June 6, 2022 at 8:31 am #650512Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 1298Has thanked: 8119 timesBeen thanked: 6447 times
You mention cooking as a female thing and I agree with you it was the traditional job of the woman. I think today many males cook or at least share the job.
I do all of our grocery shopping and cooking and have done so for a few years now and the wife loves it. She has said my taking over the kitchen was maybe the best thing about my female mindset and I can never go back… ha! I don’t mind because I love it. She never really liked cooking anyway and I’m a much better and inventive cook than she ever cared to be. I find the most difficult part of it is deciding whats for dinner tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. I’ve come to have a repeating menu of dishes we like with a surprise thrown in now and then. I even wear an apron sometimes.
- June 6, 2022 at 9:16 am #650519Lauren MugnaiaRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 174Has thanked: 1687 timesBeen thanked: 884 times
Very interesting Michelle, My mom got me cooking when I was only in the 5th grade and I’ve been doing it ever since. I also bought all the groceries when I was married to my late wife. I’ve never looked at it as a chore but enjoyed every minute of it.
- June 6, 2022 at 7:35 am #650496Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 104Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
I wear an underwired (usually Maidenform without any forms in them) bra every day all day. They are the only ones that fit my body. They are so comfortable that I don’t even know that I’m wearing them. Bras without underwires just don’t fit my intersex body very well. There are different sizes and types of underwires in bras and I have found that I need to be selective in my shopping. The softer memory wire styles seem best for me since they quickly and easily conform to my body. I have found that bras seem to be like car models and get discontinued and reinvented every year. Now, when I find a style that fits well I usually buy several to be sure that I have comfortable replacements. Thanks Caty for supporting all of us with this informative post (I actually enjoy your puns). Marg
- June 6, 2022 at 7:15 am #650493Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 910Has thanked: 4203 timesBeen thanked: 3895 times
I do wear sports bras and bralettes under male clothing but more so love the feeling of an underwire bra to lift and give shape to my natural boobs which are almost a b cup now. I love the feeling of snugness along with wires or lace against my chest
- June 6, 2022 at 6:04 am #650486Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3587Has thanked: 51788 timesBeen thanked: 12749 times
Hi Caty im with you girl i love my wires as im a natural b cup anyhow when i add my forms to enhance the girls a bit he he the wires just seem to hold everything in place lots better .. Then when wife groans when she removes her Bra i giggle a bit and ask what and she just says shut up he he .. Then i groan when i take mine off for a differant reason i hate to take mine off and put the girls back in there box ha ha ..
- June 6, 2022 at 2:58 am #650462Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 251Has thanked: 3868 timesBeen thanked: 1200 times
Is it that GG have boobs that they can feel on their chest all of the time. I suspect that they don’t like the added feeling brought on by the wire. Perhaps that’s why some GG cant wait to take the Bra off and we cant wait to put one on.
- June 7, 2022 at 6:52 am #650666Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 104Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
Hi Roberta, When my boobs were full b cup (they’ve shrunken a little now that I’m older) they used to bounce around all day if I didn’t tie them down. After doing a days work on a tractor or with a chainsaw they could be real sore if they weren’t supported. For me, my underwire bras worked best for that purpose. Yet, at the end of the day you could wring out a gallon of water from them so that was a downside of being bound up on a hot day. Additionally, my daily work sometimes involves lots of physical motions and underwires would poke and bands would ride up and nipples would chafe and cups would shift and hooks would dig and straps would slip. All of these things would remind me that “oh ya, I’ve got my bra on” and when I didn’t have boobs I would be just shirtless and worry free”. For the most part it really wasn’t that much of a problem to me, just more of a bother. If it really was bad, then that bra was retired quickly and I just looked around for a bra style that worked better for me. So yup, when I take my clothes off and ago to bed, I do remove my bra and rub my breasts just like many other bra wearers. If my bra was uncomfortable then perhaps I would hate it but it’s not and I don’t.
On an additional note, I wanted to say that I really liked your pics from Keystone. Family obligations prevented me from going this year. It looks like you had a great time and thanks for sharing . Marg
- June 6, 2022 at 2:47 am #650457Jessica SmithLadyRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 55Has thanked: 127 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
I too prefer my underwire bras to my sports bras and bralettes. They just feel so much nicer and hold my chest perfectly.
- June 6, 2022 at 2:45 am #650456Michelle DavisDuchessRegistered On: August 19, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 112Has thanked: 1250 timesBeen thanked: 532 times
I don’t often get to wear a bra but when I do I prefer to be wired. Got to support the girls! I also prefer very pretty lacy bras but will go with a t-shirt bra if needed for a smooth look.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.