Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve come across a lot of the expected changes ie learned about makeup and womens fashion. However, what I didn’t expect was that I’ve started running! Previously I had no interest in cardio for the sake of cardio. Why would I voluntarily pick such a mind numbing activity?

One day, a few weeks ago, I was checking my measurements for a dress I was thinking about buying and I discovered that I could drop a dress size if I lost a few pounds 🤔 Fast forward a few weeks, to today, I jogged 10km before breakfast. I made it to the dress size I wanted already, but more than that I just enjoy running now!

Have any of you discovered anything about yourselves, or some new joy, because of CD?

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi!  Dressing definitely keeps me motivated to stay fit. Sometimes when I’m feeling lazy I “get out there” because I want my cute things to well…look cute ☺️

Being able to talk to my wife about womens fashion, hair style, makeup and makeup tips, is a bonus.

For example, if she sees a hair style or an article of clothing an actress wears on tv, she’ll comment on it and we then discuss what we like/don’t like about it.

One time she asked me how to apply tri colour eyeshadow as saw a really nice ad in a magazine about eyeshadow.

If there is a downside, I know my wife helps herself to my makeup arsenal, as I found my eyebrow makeup compact in her makeup bag and asked her about it.  She thought it was eyeshadow !  I also know she digs into my lipstick collection, as I am anal about keeping the beveled edge on lipstick while she just applies it and wears down that beveled edge.

That’s so cute 😍

I love that you can talk make up and fashion with them ❤ That need to keep a good bevel on lipstick is real though! My makeup kit is a toolbox, and everything needs to be orderly and crisp.

I broke one of my own eyebrow defining pencils accidentally, and it was devastating in an unnecessarily personal way

I’ll second the notion that dressing has kept me very motivated to maintain my weight and fitness level. It’s also made me much more aware of personal grooming habits as along with all the hair removal so also came way better skin and nail care. My wife likes the change and has commented that everything I’ve been doing for girl mode has made noticeable improvements for me in guy mode as well. It’s turned out she is very attracted to a well (almost hyper) groomed man so there you go, another win-win for us! ❤️

*** Kayla ***

Funny how it is so simple but not so obvious at first, people like us more when we take care of ourselves ❤ My S.O. was unsure about my lifestyle change at first but my self care routine is steadily winning them over.

Definitely. It turns out GGs really don’t care slobs in either girl or guy mode. I catch a lot of flak if I slack off on hair removal and let myself get the least bit stubbly too! 😄

*** Kayla ***

Jennie Heels
      Duchess - Annual

Yes a long time ago I really started to be self aware of my body shape and all because of my femininity !

Great topic too

I just recently “came out of the closet” about cd and I’d honestly have to say my life has taken a turn for the better. I’m diagnosed with major depressive disorder, among others disorders lol, but mdd is easily one of the most difficult to deal with, however in the last 2 weeks since I’ve finally embraced my desire to cd I’ve had very noticeable improvement in my moods, behaviors, and just overall well being, I haven’t even had one depressive episode and it’s been a very very long time since I can remember making it this long without one and I believe it has a lot to do with accepting myself for who I am. Even people who are not yet aware of my secret have said they’ve noticed positive change in me and I myself (the biggest pessimist of all lol) have admitted that things are indeed going better upon self reflection. I’ve even started to think about going back to school again so I can actually make a living doing something I want to. I’ve also been getting urges to participate in more physical activities like yoga, hiking, maybe running lol, and just plain going for walks in nature (my favorite), it’s like this new persona wants to get the F out and do stuff instead of rotting in a dark cold heartless empty void like I have been known to do in the past. I’ve noticed self confidence where there was none before, im being treated differently, ive had more appreciation for the women in my life, i mean its like the benefits keep piling up. The motivation I’ve gained from facing my fears and embracing myself is far stronger than I could’ve even imagined for myself at the time but im glad I finally pushed myself to do so, so so glad lol, this is in fact the first time I’ve ever commented or even wrote at all on any kind of online forum, I don’t even comment on Facebook, my social anxiety has kept me frozen and silent for years and look at me now I won’t even shut my trap lol. Of course I’m one of the luckiest little beeatches in the universe when it comes to the women i have in my life and i owe the world to my best friend, sister, and therapist for i wouldn’t be this far if not for them, not to discredit myself either as i now see it was me who finally took the steps in the direction these amazingly wonderful females pointed me in. I hope my words might help anyone else who is on the fence about coming out, believe me i was absolutely fricking terrified but I now know the regret would’ve been far greater had i not made one of the most important decisions in my life. Anyways I originally just wanted to reply to your question and say, yes cd has very noticeably improved my life and I don’t even have words to describe how much gratitude I have for all of the amazing ladies here at CDH and for sharing yourself and knowledge with me and others who might not have anywhere else to turn. I’m not a religious person (no offense to those that are) but would have to say you girls do the work of angels and are saving lives that would otherwise be lost. Much love and thanks 😊

That’s amazing 😁 talk about an upward spiral. It’s like you’re caught in a positive feedback loop!

You sound like an angel yourself, cause you’ve spread you wings and now you are flying 🕊😇

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Good for you girl.

Hugs, Liara

Bying the Femme mode more and more, the skin care routine i go thrpugh now i would have laughted atbmunself a few yeats ago.  It now take me an hour to get ready in the morning and that is for Guy mode.  2 hours if makup and hair style is needed.

My skin has never been smoother, cleare.

Enjoy the benifits of self care ladies

Oh the skin care routine change is huge! I bet you glow ☀️

I love buying new lotions if I find a scented one that I dont have yet.

Anonymous

Foxy,
      My joining CDH seven months ago coincided with a little weight loss competition with some family members.

I’ll admit, previously I tried to keep everything in with various articles of shape wear (unsuccessfully, I might add).

Well today, I’m 45 pounds lighter and 5-6 inches narrower around the waist and several inches smaller in the chest, too. I’m sure lots of other measurements have also changed. This is thanks to changing my overall eating habits, as well as putting the walking/jogging shoes back on after perhaps a 10 year hiatus.

So, there is an LBD in the back of my wife’s closet, that she no longer wears, which I’ve had an eye on. I tried it on several years ago and it was a definite, “No!” I’ve vowed not to put it on again until I hit a certain weight. Only a little ways to go.

Good for you on your new found fitness.

Much love,
      Raquel

Yes! I love a little friendly competition:) especially when everyone is winning in the end

You’ll have to keep us posted when you make it to that LBD! One of my favourite dresses and three of my favourite shirts came out of a box my S.O. was about to send to the thrift store

I’m rooting for you!

Good for you Raquel and keep it up, you will rock that LBD! ❤️

*** Kayla ***

Good for you Foxy. Another lifetime ago I was very much into running (and Martial arts) to keep fit and found it an excellent way to keep a trim figure!

However, the years passing and a severe spinal injury from an accident has put a dampener on such activities. Whilst I’m still ambulatory I cannot run, or even jog for that matter. It just hurts too much if I try.

And so, I have had to find other ways of keeping the weight down. Gym work and a strict eye on what I eat tends to do it!

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a terrible and long lasting accident 🙁

At least you have the fortitude to make it all work in spite of that! My impulse control when it comes to food is very plainly embarrassing…

I’ve been running on a daily basis for 44 years.

Looks like I have some catching up to do 😁

Yes I am size 14-16 and would love to be size 10-12. Need to start cycling again.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?