• This topic has 27 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Several years ago my oldest sister was living in Michigan and was having alergic reactions, runny nose, watery eyes, hives, irritable bowel and general tiredness. She was always bothered by pollen allergies but this was different and unexplained.

After several doctors visits and dozens of tests the diagnosis was she was allergic to changes in the weather! If it’s sunny for a few days and then changes to rain or vice-a-verse she will have an allergic reaction. It is worse in the spring and fall as the big changes happen. The prescribed solution was to move to Nevada where there is only one kind of weather, HOT and DRY.

I give this background as a lead up to my issues. I’ve had excessively watery eyes and runny nose that seem to occur in conjunction to changes in the weather. Now that we are getting the big flip into winter I have been feeling just yuk. Not sick, just blah.

I think I’m following my sister’s diagnosis. Now all I need is to win the lottery so I can move to a more hospitable climate.

What say yee girls, does the weather not just get you down but make you physically ill?

🌩☔

Beth

Hi Beth must be miserable to you hope things work out take care sweety ..

Stephanie Bass

Hi Beth,
      A very unusual diagnosis indeed!
      Idon’t have any issues with allergies. I did have Hay Fever as a kid but that disappeared during my teenage years.
      Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

It’s funny how some people grow out of allergies and some grow into them. As a kid my best friend lived on a farm but had severe hay fever. He had to get shots all the time, especially before going out to bale hay. Fifty years later and he is fine and even takes part in old fashioned thresher meets. Meanwhile now I have to hide inside if someone in the neighborhood mows their lawn.

😝

Beth

That’s horrible Beth!
          Wishing you a better solution than moving… or alternatively, you winning the lottery!!!
          Love and hugs, Stephanie 💖

Anonymous

maybe some over the counter meds or maybe dr could prescribe you somthing for the winter.

Donna

Anonymous

HI Beth use to have a bad allergy when lived up North since being down South in Texas not a smudge of allergies go figure. Understand how it is.  You right the weather can do many things plus the humidy in different parts of the states or world.  Wishing the best during the winter months on all those symptons saying have now.

Donna

Prudence
      Ambassador

Beth, Winter weighs me like a Stone. But mostly mentally! A warmer climate is a nice thought!  Hugs

Anonymous

Hi Beth….

I’m sorry you have this problem…I must admit, it’s something I haven’t heard of, until now….

Mind you, living in England, we can get half a dozen different types of weather in ONE DAY !!!!

If you win the lottery, you shouldn’t come here🤣……

Hang on a minute….the way the space flights are going, you could hitch a ride to the moon…..the weather is pretty constant there!!….but on second thoughts, don’t take your DJ show up there….I hear the club’s have no atmosphere at all😂😂

Huggs Beth, I really hope you can get over this problem….if I win the lottery…I will get you to a better climate.

Grace xx

Prudence
        Ambassador

Grace, Thanks for the smile!! 🤗

Brielle
        Lady

Grace, you are too much! I was laughing so hard at your reply that I almost fell out of my chair!!

Anonymous

Haha…thanks 👍 x

I have always wondered how you Brits can cope with the dreadfully inconsistent weather you endure. Your handbags must be immense to carry all your needs for the day. An umbrella for the inevitable rain, a rain coat, a warm jacket for the cold winds, sunscreen in case the sun appears, sun glasses, extra shoes for when your feet get soaked. Then of course all the regular feminine needs. Makeup (an entire case by itself), lippy, hair spray, deodorant, tissues, breath mints, perfume. An energy bar, candy, bottle of water. A wallet  for money, id and cards. And of course a phone, and don’t loose the keys in all of this. Do you use a trolley to carry it around?😉 No wonder my ancestors emigrated!

Moving is but a dream. I’m here, it is what it is, and I will endure 😐 A DJ on the moon? The moon dust will be a problem, but it might glitter beautifully in the flashing lights. And of course the “moon walk” is a natural.

Thanks for brightening my day Grace! You are a love.😗

Beth

Anonymous

Gosh Beth, you have mentioned just about everything in the standard ” survival kit”….but due to heavier downpours, I have added sea sick pills …..xx

😂😂😂

This might be a good time for the girls that have large feet (not me). A pair of canoes or kayaks on the feet and a paddle and you can navigate anywhere.

💨🌩☔

Beth

Anonymous

Hi Beth seen can buy a car that like a sub in Durbi  Could get one and travel across the pond. Don’t forget to fill up in Greenland then finish across

Krista
        Duchess

Hi Grace, did you hear that William Shatner went to space yesterday on Jeff Bezos’ rocket?  Captain Kirk is still flying at age 90.  Woo Hoo.

Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

90 years old….and still showing such enterprise!!

😂😂

Anonymous

Hi Krista,

Well a least he wasn’t boldly going where no man has been before. That’s a quite a mop of hair for 90 year old.

Amanda xx

Anonymous

Hi Beth

Not so much ill, as SAD – seasonal affected disease disorder, and not as bad as some, it would seem. There’s an energy level drop, and a tendency to hibernate.

Being retired, I used to be able to just swan off travelling and chilling in SE ASia for the worst of the UK winter. Seemed to work 😉

Perhaps I’ll be able to do it again, but not this winter, let’s see where covid goes.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

I’d get a second opinion.

Weather may be causing changes to other things in your environment, like mold growth or different species of flora pollinating. But to say that the weather change, itself, is the cause of your maladies sounds a bit loony.

Now, on the other hand, SAD is real but I’ve never heard it causing allergic-like reactions, more of just a general feeling of downness.

But nobody likes gloomy weather.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Beth:

Sorry to hear this. You both have my sympathies.

Your changing season allergy isn’t that uncommon, really. It’s not the weather change per se, but what the weather does, like the changing winds that scoop up pollens and stuff.

I’ve suffered from seasonal allergies all my life. Hate cutting the grass! Thank god I’m not allergic to lycra!

However, the winter season is a godsend! It gets really cold where I am in Canada (much like Michigan). No pollen and most buildings have engineering strategies to deal with mold.

I don’t think one needs to cut grass in Nevada? Been to Las Vegas and to the Grand Canyon with the family. Both places are beyond spectacular!

xo Barb

I love living in a warmer climate now Just not so hot as to cause my makeup to run

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Beth, sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I could NOT ever live somewhere hot.  I live in NW Canada. Our city was the coldest on the planet last winter (minus 72 Fahrenheit, or was it minus 75, don’t recall but it was cold, the furnace rarely shut off) I still went for a walk albeit an extremely short walk.  Minus 40 to minus 50 is common for about two to three weeks.  We had plus 42 Celsius this summer; I thought I was going to die.  I stayed in the basement all day and bought AC the next day (unfortunately it didn’t get installed until a month later!!!!  You can imagine the backlog of AC orders).  I remember visiting Phoenix at the end of September. Got off the plane, almost turned around to head back home it was so hot. I touched the glass of my hotel window and it was hot enough to fry an egg.  Thank goodness I found a fabulous pub with lots of ice cold craft beers. The pumpkin spice beer was awesome. I really do love the change of seasons – so many more femme outfits to wear!!!!!   Big Hugs, Krista.

I have delt with cold winters all my life. The worst I have experienced is -36f. Your experience of -72 is frightening. I once, when in the army, had to do a winter camp. Living for two weeks in a tent in snow and below freezing is an adventure that will forever stay OFF my bucket list. I now have the knowledge and skills to survive but never want to use them.

🌡😵

Beth

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Beth Green.
      Anonymous

Hi Beth,

Sorry about the diagnosis that has to be annoying.

Not really bothered about weather to much except extreme heat to which I’m not a fan off.

Take sweetie lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Take with humor but with the problems you mentioned; join your fire department! After 10 years I lost my sense of smell and taste and no sinus problems! Now 15 years later my voice is more course than the past!
      We do use more personal safety gear now though! My health is free of cancer at present so I am blessed. Before they released me from ICU they did some testing for Cancer and none!

Holly, here is a bit of weird weather related trivia.

Several years ago a psychological study showed, unsurprisingly, that suicides went up when the weather was foul for more than a few days. Except in Seattle. In Seattle the suicides go up when the sun shines. It’s because it rains so much that it is the norm. People get depressed when the sun shines because they know it will get worse soon.

😲

Beth

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?