Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I was chatting with someone earlier and we were discussing the spectrum of cross dressers… from those that hate anything about their male side to the ones that maybe just have a particular item fetish. While I love the girly side, fashion, gabbing with friends and especially wearing beautiful dresses and high heels, I also have a guy side that I am completely comfortable in. That side of me likes venturing into the woods on ATVs, watching sporting events, and all that.

Even though on all those “how feminine or masculine are you” personality tests I generally score on average 75% female, I still enjoy my time as a guy. What’s one thing about you that is just all guy (or something associated with being a guy) that is unique to you?

For me, I stopped smoking cigarettes years ago but I now smoke a traditional tobacco pipe from time to time – you know, like the ones made out of a corncob that grandpa smoked? …yeah, that’s my unique guy thing.

I think this may be an interesting topic for anyone that wants to participate!

❤️Tiffany

I hate sports and will grow bored to tears if forced to watch them or participate in them.

However, I can do most any home remodeling project conceived. I can work on vehicles. And I enjoy sport shooting.

Anonymous

Darcy, you and me both. Home remodeling, vehicles, and shooting. What kind of sport shooting? I shoot NRA F-Class and open rifle (prone). Both mid range (600 yds) and (1000 yds). I don’t think it would work if Tiffany Smith showed up and beat the guys. Ha Ha

Hugs and Smiles,

Tiffany S.

Hmmmm thats hard, I would say when I started it was the fact that I rode Bulls and roped Steers almost every weekend. And that was always done in guy fashion.

Now I’d say its my retired job of breaking colts and fillys for the people around here. Only time I get to actually dress for that is rainy days when I think none of the clients will be hanging around the indoor round pen.

Empriss

I would say that’s pretty uniquely a guy thing, Bull riding. You may be interested to know that I have been one of the idiots in the crowd that played “cowboy poker” with three other randomly selected idiots to try and win $100… I did win. And almost got stepped on! It was quite scary!

Anonymous

That’s still pretty daring.

It’s not particularly unique, but I love playing guitar – especially old school (1970s-90s) punk, hard rock, metal and blues, and still get a real buzz from playing gigs.

I also love driving fast – my wife treated me to some laps at Silverstone in an Aston Martin Vantage.

Those are pretty “blokey” things, I guess – although my female cousin is an avid biker, and I love the old female rock bands, like Fanny, the Runaways, Heart, Girlschool, Rock Goddess…

Love Laura

I too have a soft spot for hard rock… I’ve been on stage before and it was always a blast. I was they person standing in the shadows next to the drummer with a bass guitar in my hand!

That Aston Martin experience must have been a rush, I would quite like that too!

-Tiff

You were in the Shadows?

Wow!

Hank is a legend 😂😂😂

Love Laura

😂🤣 maybe I should stress that is shadows, in lower case…

I was once in a picture with Michael Stipe of R.E.M.

That’s me in the corner, that’s him in the spotlight…

I have played Rugby all my life up to being 57. Now still involved. Still love this part of my man life. But normally under dressed when watching.

Charlotte

Anonymous

Although I have not done this in a while, I am a taxidermist.

Eva

I guess that could give new meaning to “trophy wife”…..😂😂

…wow I’m sorry. I guess you can add lame sh**ty jokes to my “uniquely guy” column…

forgive me!

❤️Tiffany

Hi Tiffany Its a good question if your going to be expected to keep a balance between the two. I have been focusing too much on my fem side for so long i forgot my male side needs attention also. I used to really enjoy sitting around campfires with a bunch of guys drinking beers not worrying about how you looked or cared what was said about you. it was just all bull…t anyway.

Stephanie

Leslie
      Lady

Hate to tell you but my mother and her friends all smoked pipes back in the day.

Yes, I’ve heard women used to smoke a pipe more often than you see them doing so now. Honestly though I’ve never seen a woman smoking one, and one of mine is an old pipe my grandfather had… guess it’s just perspectives!

-Tiffany

Anonymous

Seen woman smoking cigars alot

Anonymous

Don’t do that just to join their peer group.

Anonymous

Seen woman smoking cigars alot

I am 67 and remember my great grandmother dipping snuff! She was very discreet and used one of those old bandaid cans wrapped in tissue to spit in.

Leslie
      Lady

I also was never into team sports. I did enjoy fencing though especially saber. But the knees gave out years ago.

Anonymous

[quote quote=496412]I guess that could give new meaning to “trophy wife”…..😂😂   …wow I’m sorry. I guess you can add lame sh**ty jokes to my “uniquely guy” column…[/quote]
      You made me laugh!!!

One of my old neighbors wanted me to stuff their cat when it died. I said NO.

I get the fascination with an animal that someone took in a hunt. Or an 8 lb bass… but a pet? I don’t know that’s like someone asking you to stuff a family member. It’s just too out there for me

glad you laughed by the way. I just couldn’t resist a good joke. I’m happy that you have a sense of humor!

Anonymous

My now expired father-in-law once remarked that he would be happy to take a certain cat to the taxidermist.
          My future daughter-in-law was the only person in a small family group who didn’t understand what that meant.
          We haven’t let her forget it.

Anonymous

Anyone remember, ‘Tie me kangaroo down, sport’?

Always loved that ditty.  Of course it listens different to my older self than it did when younger.

“So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde, and that’s it a hangin’ on the shed.”

Gotta love it.

PaulaF

Anonymous

That’s when I learned to speak Australian.

Sutekina
      Lady

Churchill Cigars, the 2-hour smoke.

Anonymous

Nothing at present since everything he does I cam do now lol as Donna Oh he can build addon to my closets for my things . At times can be such a handy man. Will miss him at the end of year but good thing can find another one after transition to a woman.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Oh, let’s see, I played in a men’s over 30 pickup basketball group for maybe 10 to 15 years (most of us were in our 40’s going on 50, not too many women of that age do that. I still enjoy going out and shootin’ some hoops.

I was also in one of those community charitable men’s clubs for about 20 years.  We had about 55 male members with 35 or so showing up regularly, until the national office eliminated the women’s version and combined the two and then the membership dropped to about 10 or so and finally ended – actually two clubs as I moved but I stayed in until the end.  ( my SO was in ‘Modern Mothers’ for years but I don’t remember if there was a ‘Modern Fathers’).

I’m in a local astronomy club where we would like to get more women involved (you know, the STEM initiative), but except for one or two husband/wife members, it seems to be a guy thing especially when we drag our ‘scopes to do public night observing in various county and state parks, tho we do get a fair amount of families, women, etc.  (I was down in Tennessee for the last eclipse)

I do enjoy watching SOME sports,  not the pro-leagues, mostly collegiate sports or pro golf as I play that, but that’s a both sex sport.

Now, I do dislike immensely getting my hands dirty do ‘manly’ jobs like working on our cars, lawnmower, tractor, building most things, etc. but I’m still expected to do those things, so I just do them.

Oh, yeah, here’s a real male activity.  I, of course, had a model train when I was young (yeah, a Marx toy, I mean, come on), but my SO’s brother (who passed away young) had a Lionel set up from the 50’s and we inherited it along with another 50’s set from close friends of my in-laws.  My son had them with his son until a few years ago (college does change one’s pastimes), so I have them both back and am building a moderate layout – just because I never got the chance to do it up right when I was 12. My other grandson and granddaughter will get it when they get older (6 and 4). He likes it, she LOVES it.

I used to look at the stars with my dad. He knew constellation names. He went and got us a telescope to se Haley’s comet in 1986(?). I wish he was still around. I like to take pictures of the night sky, if you give the camera an open shutter for 25 seconds it’s amazing what you can capture.

I also hate to get my hands dirty but don’t mind the work. So my “fix” for that is latex gloves. Then you only need pumice soap for the little bit that you get on you behind the wrists!

ive always been fascinated by model trains. There is a really cool setup that a man worked on for 30 years before his death. It’s a layout of the Rocky Mountains and it’s pretty much to scale. It’s in the train museum in downtown Cheyenne Wyoming. If you are ever that way it’s worth checking out

-Tiffany

I used to play Dungeons & Dragons. Table top gaming groups tend to be full of guys, with a token girl now and then. In our D&D games I generally enjoyed my female characters more than my males. And, not just once but twice (two different groups), I played a transgender bard.

Xoxo, Dani

Lacey Cyn
        Lady

You should look into them again. All of our World of Darkness groups are generally 50/50 or the females out number the guys, and the Dungeons and Dragons gaming tables at the shop all look to be about the same. Table Top RPGs are on the rise with everyone, and Channels like Geek in Sundry have brought it to a far wider demographic, and it’s great!

Anonymous

Hi Tiffany,

I used to play chess at a decent level, and started ( not very successfully!) to play / study online the game of “go” on and off for the last 10 years.

OK, quite cerebral for some – not everyone’s cup of tea anyway, I’m sure.

I don’t know why it should be, there’s probably no one main reason, but it’s often observed that both games seem to attract only a pretty small minority of women participants.

Marti xxx

Hi Marti —

I had never heard of “go” until tonight… i had to do some quick wikipedia research on it to see what it is about. It looks pretty involved, a thinking person’s game for sure

Have a great day/night!

–Tiffany

Anonymous

Well…..I like to build computers, and I’m trying to become decent a using Linux; not necessarily “male”, but it predates Bettylou.
      And I collect, and sometimes shoot military firearms. Haven’t been to the range recently, though.

Hi Bettylou –

I took a computer repair class sometime around 1994-1995. The teacher arranged for us to be able to pick up some old computer parts from a NASA research campus somewhere in Louisiana, and from these parts we built our own. I built a 386 with not one but TWO hard disks, one was 40 Megabytes and the other was 35-ish megabytes (that’s not a mistype in case anyone is wondering). It was all put into a computer case that was the size of a suitcase…I thought I was something else with this bad boy… I could barely fit it all on my desk but hey it was free and a good learning experience! I also remember thinking I would never need all that space on the hard drives and maybe it was a little overkill…

My how times change!

–Tiffany

Anonymous

Hi Tiffany,

My entry into computer building was when I added a 6 GB HDD to a Dell PC, so I could get away from Win 95 start using Linux; Red Hat 5.0, I think it was. Since then, I have built my own, except for a couple of laptops.

I love my Pew Pew time!

Anonymous

BettyLou,

See, we meet again. I’m with you on rifles. I don’t shoot military but shoot NRA mid (600 yds) and long range (1000 yds) F-Class and Open Class (shooting prone) as a male. It just would not go over too well with the other guys, especially if Tiffany beat them Ha, Ha. I have a setup that if my wife knew how much it cost she would take my bras and panties away from me. That just wouldn’t be right.

Hugs and Smiles,

Tiffany

Megan Kelly
      Princess - Annual

I fall trees with my chainsaw for the wife, neighbours and friends. Difficult to do while wearing a dress. About as far from my female side as I can get.

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Wow, I do much of the same thing! Yes, I don’t feel very feminine when swinging a chainsaw. I also mill some of the better logs into lumber.

Amy

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Amy Myers.

I’ve heard of lumber-Jacks, is there such a thing as a lumber-Jill? hmmm….

Ol Grumpy sometimes likes the outdoors.  Photographing wildlife here in the Texas panhandle after trailing them and sneaking in the bushes to get close.  Day Hikes are fun whether presenting or not.  I hike both dressed and also endrab, but more so dressed.  The harder trails are for him though.

Loves reading, as I do also, history is his favorite, classic/old sci-fi is mine, plus crime dramas.

Both male and female have pretty much intermeshed  together from so many years together and not arguing with myself.  So most of our pastimes are shared and/or compatible with each of the others.  I do believe that most of my inner turmoil has gone away a long time ago when I fully accepted who I am, and know that the outside was wrong from the start, but the inside has been here since day one, it just took a special nudge a long time ago.

PaulaF

Well,

I still rope steers on the weekends haven’t tried doing any of my cowboy things in Empriss mode, I wonder how that’d go LOL

Empriss

After seeing your photo, I bet you would look awesome in the barrel racing events.  I think the cowgirls of rodeo are hot!

Hugs, Kathy

Peta Mari
      Lady

I like stratching my balls when they get itchy. I kinda find them a comfortable part of me.

I like straight heterosexual sex. Not into guys, even when fem.  My wife isn’t a lesbian, so its straight sex for us.

I don’t think the guys and gals would appreciate me turning up at the local RFS volunteer rural fire service enfemme. Though I have with painted toe nails.

I have hunted and split firewood in a dress.

Candy
      Baroness

I love to invent things. Fix things. Build things. I have enough power tools to build (or raze) a small town. But it would all be so much more enjoyable if I could do it in a dress.

Anonymous

I love this topic. I just knew some of these beauties did more than get dressed up and shop.

It’s still cute pictures like yours that bring me to new spots on this site.

I hope the thread keeps going.

Until I retire or die I will probably keep farming, caring for my family and community and enjoying my mixed up life.

Anonymous

I love making and painting/colouring wooden models…it relaxes me, If I were to do it in a dress I would be in heaven.

Hugs X

Wilma

my Unique things about guy side is working on vehicles, home repair, cutting trees, ridding the lawn mower on 7 acers of land to cut grass. other than that, i dress up and be female the rest of the time and enjoy the feeling of a dress, nylons, panties, pad, heels, make up and smell of perfume and dangles of my earrings, and bra around my back and over the shoulders. just wish i could be out of the closet and go shopping with wife and for my wife to be more supportive 

Anonymous

Very good reply!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Thing is the unique things about my guy side sit well with my female side. I did quite a lot of running when I was younger and the events I ran in were mixed sex. My main hobby is considered male dominated but women participate and I have competed against women as the sport does not discriminate. I was invited to make up the numbers in a ladies team , no they didn’t know, but I was committed to another. 

Work wise it was much the same as I worked on equal terms and there were girls who were more male than I! Some of the girls could do a ‘cheek splitter’ that would make mine sound like a puff of wind.

These days there is little either can or can’t do in work rest and play.

Hope it is not unique but I don’t see a lot of it any more. Open a car door or any door for my woman or any woman. Letting her enter first. Walking on the street side when walking on a side walk. I am the protector, the repairman, the consoler, and all man. I am the man with a brain that functions with a fem-in-men tilt. I can feel my S/O sensitivity.

In my case because of my situation, my male side is nearly always with me. Seeing all you lovely girls has increase my desire to bring Lis into the open.

There are a number of factors which I feel are involved here. I always loved to look at a woman smartly dressed , I’ve looked at her then her clothes and said how would I look in that.

The other big factor is sometimes I don’t feel like a real man. I can’t do a lot of so called “manly things”, I couldn’t get my wife pregnant, yet ironically I don’t want to lose my manly parts, but would want to make Liz more of a part of my life.

Does that make sense?

Liz

Honestly, at first blush I figured this would be an easy one but after a little thought to a few potential answers I came up empty. Everything that comes to mind as uniquely ‘male’ about me continued to be something uniquely female about me! Lol! It’s a great question, I’ll give this one some further thought.

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

This is kind of hard to answer actually.

I can repair cars and motorcycles and I do most of my own work. So does one of my sisters though. My father believes everyone should know how to repair their vehicle.

I can pave a driveway, pour a foundation, frame, side, and roof a house. I did that for extra cash on the side and still do for Habitat for Humanity a couple of weeks in the summer, but we have about a 50/50 split there.

I bow hunt, but again so does one of my sisters. It’s an affordable way to get a years worth of meat.

I teach basic firearm safety for Concealed Carry Permits, but we have plenty of female instructors as well.

I enjoy comic books, anime, Tabletop games, and paint many tiny plastic, resin, and metal figures, so we can play with them in war games or in RPGs, but do does my wife and a lot of our female friends. My wife actually got me into a lot of the geeky hobbies.

I play video games and we take part in Extra Life every year for CMNHs, but again my wife is right there with me and is probably a bigger gamer than I am.

I used to dip, but gave that up about 8 years ago.

I don’t think I have anything I would call really distinctly male about my male side, other than being able to write my name in the snow without acrobatics being involved.

I have always been an avid angler and gun enthusiast. Still am and I don’t suspect that will change. I am most likely wearing a bikini or sexy one piece swimsuit when out on the boat and can usually be seen in a pair of daisy dukes and a tank top with my hair in a ponytail on the range but other than these changes, not much has changed.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?