Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello ladies!

I just got out of the interview, I did do it fem! I’m so proud of myself, this is a major victory in my opinion. Now in a lot of the comments I was receiving, a lot of you said that whatever I go with, I stick with. Well what I decided on was I would still use my guy name, and they/them pronouns, but I can dress however I want, fem or masc, whatever I’m feeling, they were completely nonjudgemental. Admittedly I was having second thoughts on wanting to do this because of that. However I persevered, asked and it went well.

Now as for the position I will find out at the end of the week. I would say it’s 50/50, it could go either way. Admittedly they stumped me with a few questions like “who are the figureheads in the fashion industry right now?” Another thing I feel I did wrong was I bashed myself quite a bit. I admitted I had weaknesses but I wanted to learn and grow. I didn’t go into as much detail with strengths.

Overall though, I’m happy I got the experience. I’m happy I did it presenting fem. Even if I don’t get the position I’m happy with this big step!

Good for you! Glad it went so well! You’re right – doing it the way you did was the main victory – “Sufficient unto the day….”
      Big Hug and Kiss,
      Fredrika

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Very well done Holly and that is such an achievement so you are a winner already. I am pleased you did a self check after as to how it did and given yourself a score. Whatever the result you did your best and would you have done any better in guy mode? I have my fingers crossed for you.

Nah I think it would have gone the same if I did it guy mode. But hey instead of getting one confidence booster by doing the interview. I get two for being fem while doing it!

Well done, you are an inspiration x

Wow! I am awed!

You may be beginning an adventure that should be recorded. I don’t think there is much in the way of reliable information and sometimes that just disappears.

I recommend that you always accentuate your talents. Don’t lie, just avoid unnecessarily illuminating your very temporary weaknesses. It makes you seem lacking in confidence which, apparently, you are not.

Araminta.

Anonymous
      Lady

Congratulations on your bravery… hope you get the job. Was it a job in the fashion industry?

Can you tell us what you were wearing for the interview? Did you do your own makeup? Was it a wig or your own hair? Heels? Professionally done nails? Girls want to know! Thanks.

So I was wearing a brown skirt suit and blazer, I didn’t need heels because it was an online interview but I will if I get the job. As for makeup I only wore lipstick because I struggled to apply mascara so I scrapped it and just went with lips. I used my own hair since I’m not a fan of wigs. I do have photos too that I’m not sure how I’d go about sharing.

Anonymous

Wonderful, I guess. I thought your intentions were to present as Holly? Not Holly with a male name. Only HR would know true identity after you were hired.

Please explain how they/them pronouns define an individual. Those terms are plurals.

Eileen

They/them pronouns mean they either don’t identify with either gender or both, for my case, I’d say while I mostly identify with the feminine side of the spectrum, there are some days I choose to identify as masc (I would choose to identify as fem most of the time, big issue is of course my parents)

As for my presentation, I’m presenting as Holly just without the name because I can’t keep switching names and pronouns, so I did the middle path and frankly I think that was the right move.

Anonymous

How ever you identify, you are still one person, singular. Not a plural. I know these picked pronouns are common these days, they are still grammatically wrong. You are trying to get a job, not make a social statement.

Dawn Wyvern
            Managing Ambassador

Ladies

the use of pronouns to support non-binary identity is now the accepted tool for most of the world, and is used extensively within business, universities and professions. You are able to use the pronouns you find comfortable with in hospitals and on airlines.
            Whilst I support individual points of view, please update your information prior to posting comments regarding to this subject.
            Dawn (admin)

Anonymous

Dawn. Respectfully, you or an airline or any number of ‘woke’ businesses don’t have the right to change the meanings of words. Updating my information in regards to this subject does not change the actual meaning of singular or plurals. This not my point of view, rather a means of common sense and communication within the standardization of the English language for hundreds of years.

Non binary or not, you are still one person. Singular!

Your post states acceptance of different view points, except mine. Nice way to be inclusive while not really.

BillieJay
            Managing Ambassador

this member did not choose to start this version of pronouns.

it is not what I would choose, but by the same token I choose to refer to people the way they choose to be referred, which I, personally, find respectful to others.

Hi Holly congrats girl on a job well done he he .. Big hopes for you on the job and having the courage to go for it as Holly ..

Stephanie Bass

I didn’t get the job. Not gonna lie, I’m a little bummed out, but what can you do?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?