• This topic has 28 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I believe as we get older, it’s actually easier to pass as a woman (MTF). The reason I believe isn’t necessarily experience (though that helps a great deal), it’s the fact that the physical gap between older cis women and men is much smaller appearance wise. As women age, their estrogen levels decrease. As observed in the general public, most older women don’t have that hour glass figure, or perky breasts. They have more facial hair, their brows are closer to their eyes, they have deeper set eye sockets. A biggie is in their body shape too. It isn’t that they lose their hips, it’s that their midsection becomes more in line with a male. So their body type is much close to a man as say, in their 20’s.

The general population is used to this. For us older crossdressers, it become then feasible that we can more closely match an age appropriate female in appearance than if we were trying to have that hot 20 year old cis woman face and figure.

Just an observation. At least, it makes me feel better with my body type. It’s reasonable, at my age, to have a body type that can be either man or woman, just like it would probably easier for an older woman to pass as a man.

As we age, we just get closer to just being… one in the same physically.

Totally agree carmen makes a lot of sense as long as you dress your age,I find that no body looks at me I dress in clothes I would wear for my age, a little conservative but sexy. X

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Thanks for your thoughts Carmen. Maybe I need to rethink what I am doing. At 67 maybe I should Quit coloring my hair and trying to pass as a woman 10 to 15 years younger, it is hard to hide sagging skin in the neck.
      For myself right now with my long hair framing my face, this gives my face a feminine look and I love it.

. . .Cassie

Nah, I wouldn’t quit coloring your hair just for that! I agree with the long hair… I tell everyone now that my hair is long (since I’m single), that I have a relationship with my hair… I LOVE IT! LOL

I think the point of my post is our definition of passing may be unrealistic. I personally feel like I’d “pass better” if I can stand in front of a mirror and match Megan Fox in every aspect… and I can easily put myself in the mode of hating on myself unless I get to that level… but what is “passing better”… is there even such a thing? It’s unrealistic to want to not only “pass”, but “pass as a hottie that is half my age”… I mean, c’mon now Carmen… be real! LOL.

Cassie Jayson
          Duchess

Yes, Carmen, your right. I couldn’t pass as a hottie even when younger

. .. Cassie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I can agree with some, but not all of your observations.

Some males have features that, even with age, are still quite prominent. The physique, such as broad shoulders and facial features do not really recede. Musculature is quite prominent and there isn’t the distribution of fat that women have.  Although some women do have a bit of extra hair , males tend to get excessive growth in the eyebrows and ears and lose it on top. In age comes that sagging and the body loses it’s features that are a dominant in the prime of life. I can see some blurring at that age, when the hormones start to recede.

It is probably in the dotage years that features become more sallow.

It can depend on your ethnicity and genetic make up too. Some are just born with that androgyny.

The one thing that we do that a lot of woman ‘of age’ do is to use foundation garments and enhancers to maintain the illusion of a good figure. That’s where I am now in my mid 60’s.

We also have the option of the surgeons knife, fillers and other beauty treatments.

Hi Angela, I completely agree with you. Nothing is ever absolute (I don’t think anyway lol), so yes, there are those with features that are very prominent towards male/female.

I work with a couple of older women (I know they’re cis), but they’re much taller than I am, still beautiful in the sense that they get their hair done, clothing well put together, make-up spot on… BUT, if either one of them said they’re actually a man/trans, I wouldn’t be the least taken back because I can totally picture them as such too. Now, I’ve seen their pics they’ve shared when they were younger in their 30’s and they’re clearly cis, but in their 60’s is a totally different story!

I definitely agree though that there are some things that are more predominant in male that we can’t do anything about… broad shoulders is definitely one of them. Come to think of it though, there are plenty of women with the characteristic male v-shape… especially if they’re athletic and lift weights… so hmmmm.

I must admit that I gave up trying to pass pretty much straight away!

Very few women attain the height of 6’4″, so I just have fun with it – and I’ve been pretty much everywhere including a ladies changing room at a hotel spa, where I was directed by the receptionist who was under no illusions about my genetic origination, she simply took me at my presentation (and hopefully, attitude: It’s more important IMO to behave like a lovely person than to look like one!).

Love Laura

Yes, I would definitely say, above anything else by a large margin, how a person’s attitude (personality, kindness) trumps EVERYTHING.

You can take a beautiful person (on the outside) and if they’re a jerk, they get ugly REALLY quick.. even physically they’re perceived as ugly. It’s weird how that works. You can take a “not so attractive” person and if they’ve got a wonderful heart and beautiful smile, they become extremely beautiful.

Unfortunately, “looks” is how we are all perceived initially, but with those with outward positive energy, that radiates quick enough in initial interaction with people.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Now just a minute, young lady! I represent that comment!!

I’m going all out Cate Blanchett and I ain’t doing a hundred push-ups a day just to have a pair of saggies!!

Honestly!

Granny Barbie Doll in spikes and fishnets!! 🙂

Granny Barbie Doll in spikes and fishnets!!

I LOVE IT! You mean “HOT SEXY GRANNY BARBIE DOLL…” 🙂

Barb Wire
          Lady

HA HA!! Actually, Barbie has about 5 yeas in me and she still looks HOT!

You’re right, of course. However, there are anomalies. Years ago when I was in a northern Ontario mining town, I was in a tavern that had a very good looking older woman working the bar. She dressed in high heels and fishnets, I lean over to my buddy and point to the hottie. He says to me, “She’s 80 years old and is an icon in town!”

:B

Yes, always anomalies for sure! I was in Target shopping the other night and omg, an older woman was there shopping, mini-skirt, heels, all form fitting skin tight clothing… and OMG, she had the body of an active perfectly shaped 25 year old instagram woman. Hotter than hot can be. Totally sizzling. LOL!

Barb Wire
            Lady

I like to be

An Anomaly

In an Octopus’ garden

In the shade…

Oh what a joy

We’re both girl and boy

Knowing we’re all happy

And we’re safe…

Sing it with me!! So much love to squeeze out!

Barbie 🙂

I’m singing it girl, singing it! LOL…

So much love to squeeze out… hmmmm, my mind wanders a bit on that one. LMAO!

You’re awesome Barb, thank you for being you!

Barb Wire
            Lady

LMAO!! Yes, of course! And it’s quite the effort at my age!

Back at ya, lovely lady!

🙂

Anonymous

Fab reply! I’ll be singing all night now!! Well done!! X

Having been born as a smaller sized male my figure has always been closer to a feminine appearance. I still have broader shoulders than women of similar size but not terribly out of scale. This makes passing easier if I  stick to age appropriate clothing.

When I first came out I wanted to look twenty years younger. It was a bad idea. Youth passed away long ago and age has taken it’s place. Every day I am  more comfortable being a late middle age to younger elder. I am now often identified as a grandma. I accept that pleasantly as at least I am seen as a woman.

Grandma Beth

Love it. Thank you for sharing your story!

I’m sorry but I have to disagree with that thought.

As I get older the thought of losing my girly figure scares me. It’s a fact that when we make ourselves up as females, we generally look 10 years older than we really are. I’ve personally become somewhat uncomfortable about how I present as a female when out in public. I still have cravings to be a young girl and that’s also how I like to dress.

I’m thankful to have a very petite body and I’m very short at 5’3″. I like how my body looks wearing a dress or even just in lingerie. I have very little body hair and I have gotten many compliments on my feminine legs.

Facially I’m seeing myself getting older than I feel, but I’m still very proud of my girly body. I love making videos of myself from a perspective that others see me from without showing my facial features.

I never want to grow old and I wish I could present myself as a young girl forever.

Last year on another web site I posted a picture of myself wearing a chiffon nightie. It did not really show any genitals but the conception of the administrators was I was exploiting an underaged girl and removed my picture and reprimanded me.  I wasn’t happy about almost getting kicked off the web site but it excited me to be seen and thought of as a young girl.

YES! Get it girl. I’m in the camp of “flaunt it if you’ve got it!” 🙂

I am thankful to some extent I have it and I do enjoy flaunting it when possible. Sadly, this site won’t let us do that. In fact, we even have to be careful about how we talk about it. Don’t understand that?

[postquote quote=594984]
      Not trying to chat you up love, but I’d chose you over Cate Blanchett anytime.

Love

Liz

I’ve said the same thing for years.  Many older women are not really trying.  I wonder if anyone else besides me looks at older women who I do not think are CDs or trans and thinks “That could be a guy.”  The facial features are not as soft as they once were.  Not that they are not still attractive but the differences as less dramatic as they once were.

One of the big advantages I have noticed as I’ve aged is how much easier it is to conceal my facial hair. When I was young and my hair was dark brown, it was nearly impossible to conceal (this was also pre-internet, so I didn’t know about orange concealer). Now that I’ve gone gray, I don’t even need concealer anymore. Just a close shave and a full coverage foundation.

By the way, those thick, coarse, gray hairs are also my excuse for shaving my body and grooming/tweezing my eyebrows. As my body hair got courser, I noticed I would get more ingrown hairs, especially on my thighs. Once I started shaving regularly, they disappeared and my skin is smooth as a baby’s. Similarly, my eyebrows were getting so long and unruly that they started to resemble a single giant caterpillar sleeping on my forehead. So I started trimming and tweezing them. Nobody has said anything, but if they do, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to not want eyebrows like Mark Twain.

I’ve also started to notice a definite decrease in muscle mass as I near 60. For the first time I’m losing mass in my chest and arms as my testosterone levels naturally decrease with age. I’ve also shrunk nearly an inch over the past couple of years.

But, given the choice, I’d rather start aging backwards and have to hide the dark hair and muscle mass again. Lol

Hugs,
      Elise

Anonymous

Yes, I think that in some cases, age can blur the line between the biological sexes. When I was young I was a facial dead ringer for my late mother, and I sometimes wonder how that would have worked if she had lived longer.

I sometimes see elegant older ladies, impeccably dressed, coiffed and made up, and think “I wouldn’t mind looking like that.”. It’s reached the point where it would be much easier to look like her than like a younger girl.

Connie (66)
      xxx

Deleting as I accidentally responded on the wrong forum post.

Voice is a tough one for many. While I’m comfortable now speaking with everyone in femme mode, I continuously do try to improve in every aspect, even voice.

The other day, I went to dinner at a local pizza place… I sat close enough to the register with my back facing towards the line. As I waited for my pizza to get finished, I closed my eyes and just listened to everyone in line ordering, and would “observe” everyone’s voice to identify male vs. female. There were at least 2 where I wasn’t 100% sure, and I’d look up to see if I was correct either way.

Through it all, I’d be discreetly adjusting my throat and try to speak like each one (quietly)… it’s strange the way I observe the world now as a CD. (I was in guy mode at the pizza place). But I definitely notice I observe things, people, interactions, very different now.

Hi Bobbisue

There are some lovely concealers that work really well under foundation to give a near-perfect look for the best part of a day – I’d recommend having a try with one of those.

I had good results with Jecca Blac’s product, but there are lots of others. Bright orange works really well against my dark blueish stubble!

Love Laura

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?