• Creator
    Topic
    Jenny Jackson
    Participant
    Registered On: November 24, 2018
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

I haven’t been on here for a while so this has probably been discussed, but I can’t find it. For those of us that haven’t been able to work up the courage to go out in public dressed in our favorite clothes and makeup. Has anyone used masks and social distancing as an opportunity to make that first step. It seems that it would be a perfect opportunity to dress up and go to a park or somewhere not very crowded where people are avoiding getting close anyway, and you still have a mask to give a little more security.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 90
      Replies: 801

I now go out fully confident that I am “accepted” as female most of the time. But it has taken me several years of confidence building to get to this level. Please bear with me – I will get to the point shortly.

I walk our dog in parks, local woods and heaths etc.  It is relatively easy to avoid people unless you are taken by surprise at choke points, or where you cannot see round the next corner.  So knowing the terrain is key.

Also you must present the best femme image you can in terms of dress and the way you move and walk. I found that at 50 yards I was quite comfortable that I wouldn’t be outed.

Now I am down to 5 yards.  It is 100% due to confidence. Yesterday I was out and passed by, face to face,  with 15 different people, some singly others in pairs- and not one of them showed any sign that I had been made.  I was in disguise of course – hiding behind my face framing wig ,eyebrows, false lashes and bright red lipstick and most of all my smile.  I looked them in the eye and smiled. Got a few nods and a few “hello’s.”    This was a breakthrough for me. It was the first time that I held my course and made no attempt to avoid people.

Social distancing was the key – we all deliberately gave each other a little distance, and this boosted my confidence a lot. Interestingly, not one of them was wearing a mask.  In the UK wearing masks out in the country is a rarity. Perhaps masks are more common in urban parks and open spaces.

So. Go for it.  You will be amazed how people tend to ignore you unless quite close up.  And even then they don’t register much.  I couldn’t tell you what any of them looked like one minute after passing by.

It is all to do with confidence, so if wearing a mask boosts yours by enough to tempt you out, then go for it. The more you go out the more your confidence will improve.   When you first set off from your car you will be a bag of nerves. Adrenalin will be soaring.  Stick with it. After 10 minutes you will have calmed down and start enjoying yourself.

In the last 3 years of walking the dog I have never once attracted any comments or even any uncomfortable scrutiny,  or been followed, even though I will have been outed quite a few times.

You could also try big female sunglasses. These mean you don’t need to bother with any eye makeup. I often only wear red or orange lipstick. It is enough to add that essential feminine touch, and probably does more to add to my confidence than convince anyone I am female. Every little femme thing you do adds to it.

A smile is your most powerful weapon.  A genuine smile – not a forced nervous grimace. It feminises your face. It causes a reaction, usually a very positive one, makes you appear likeable and puts people at their ease.

All of the above is based on years of practice, observation and research into my and other peoples behaviour and body language. I have been meaning to do a series of in-depth posts about “being accepted”.  Maybe I will now.

Good luck. try it, you won’t regret it.

Stephanie P

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Natalie Moore
      Participant
      Registered On: June 3, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 33

Yes I have used the social distancing and the face coverings to finally step out in the world. Also the fact that most stores/malls are less busy which usually those places are busier and has always made me reluctant to go outside in Public, I’m glad I finally made those first steps out in public which when I can uncover my face I’ll be much more ready and willing to walk outside my house dressed.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 182

Myself I am home. I go to the store to grab something quick. But my area covid cases are going up daily. College cases are going up. At 100 students with covid. Colleges have to close here for 2 weeks.

I dont go out because of the covid spikes. Plus I rather be out en femme without a mask. I absolutely hate wearing them. Thus I’ll walk the dog. If I am by myself I have a mask with me. But I am not wearing it. I have nothing to hide. Thus I dont want to hide behind a mask…

Hugs

Natasha 💋

Tabitha Tee
      Participant
      Registered On: July 30, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 252

I might feel more emboldened if the distance was 30 yards instead of 6 feet! 😁

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Jenny Jackson
        Participant

I know right! The only time I’ve ever left a room dressed up, I was 90 miles from home, sitting on a deck of a cabin with the nearest person being a fisherman out on the lake in a boat about 300 yards away.
        hugs,

Jenny

patty williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 1135

Hi Jenny,

I have taken advantage of wearing a mask.

I have been out twice to E town en femme with eye make up and a mask.

I went to the town mall,Kohl’s and Target.

It was a fun day I must say.

Take advantage of the one thingthis virus is giving us girls an edge on.lol

Hugs Patty

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Jenny Jackson
        Participant

I think that I would have to venture a little farther than E Town mall for my first time dressing in public. That’s only 15-20 miles from my house. I might run into my wife or some family that lives there. Imagine the surprise!😂

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Jenny Jackson
        Participant

Patty,
        You go girl!  You are so brave. I can imagine the exhilaration you must have felt.
        hugs

Jenny

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jenny Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: November 5, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 106

I’ve thought about it, but there’s a lot more to it than just the face that makes a woman. I have other issues I am working through and there’s still always the fear of idiots or jerks in this world. Ultimately I feel like the mask is just a small bump it may make you more passable or more hidden, but there’s still so much more that goes into it. A good wig, a good outfit, hiding your height. I am more worried about people making small talk at this point, I feel I might be passable enough, but if someone makes small talk I am outed the instant I talk.

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Jenny Jackson
        Participant

I understand completely. I haven’t been able to build up my courage enough to go out in public either. I just hope this may be the little extra for some girls to go out and be liberated.
        hugs

jenny

Grace Scarlett
      Participant
      Registered On: July 26, 2020
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 363

Hi…I so agree Jenny, now is the perfect time to take those tentative first steps….and a mask is surely the perfect confidence booster, who knows girls, by the time we stop using them, you could be a ” girl about town”….huggs,   Grace x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.