• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Peta Mari
      Lady

Time to time I enjoy watching and listening to a UTube video crossdressing story.

There are a few crossdressers who are extremely funny and sadly are no longer making videos.

But my issue today is about how most story channel’s are no longer about a straight male dressing up, or being dressed up by their wife, girlfriend, sister or friend. They all seem to have moved to being explicitly transgender and dating other men while dressed.

I gotta say personally thats a ‘huge’ ick factor for myself. If thats your bent so be it – I don’t judge you on how you swing.

One of the common questions we crossdressers get asked is if we are gay. And it appears the vast majority of us say “No we are not. We are totally into cis girls.” Certainly that is my own situation.

Anyways I thought I would voice my observations and uneasiness about what I’m observing on UTube at the moment.

It certainly can’t help our partners acceptance, if tgey go researching stories and find everything is opposite to what we claim.

Hi Peta
      I agree with you a lot of them do have a huge ick factor, some of the male to female transformations I’M not convinced that some of the transformations are real. Some of them don’t actually show the actual makeover, yet the finished outcome with some are stunning women…I am not convinced they are all real.
      Sarah xx

Hi Sarah, I watch a good many Crossdressing and Transexual videos on YouTube.I have often wondered if some of the transformation videos are fakes.I like the ones that give valuable tips to help crossdressers.I saw a very good series by a young crossdresser from Dublin.He performed them in sign language.He wasn’t the icky type at all.In one video he was explaining his love for wearing pantyhose\tights and saying that this was something that crossdressers shouldn’t be ashamed of.No sultry posing just sound advice and across other episodes good advice on other aspects of Crossdressing.

Peta Mari
        Lady

Thats certainly another aspect I wasn’t thinking of. But you are right.

Anonymous

Peta,

While I haven’t watched the videos you refer to, in reality there seems to be a very significant increase in the numbers of those self identified M2F crossdressers who also identify as straight who will be quick to add “but bi-curious”. Why? And… Really?

As for the “why?”, maybe because it is “safe” to accept that interest if it can be expressed in an anonymous way? Or a response to some degree of “peer pressure” of those claiming that “you need to be with a men to really feel like a woman”?

What hopefully can come out of this (no pun intended) is that people will realize that they can only represent themselves. That statements like “all of us want to do this or that” are hurting those who are not in agreement of those ideas.

As for “Really?”, there is no way to have an accurate count. But something tells me that many who are saying that they would like to try being intimate with a guy would back-out from it if the opportunity presented itself for real.

If you were a M2F CD who is really interested in an encounter with a man, why the resistance to accept being gay or bisexual? It is perfectly acceptable in this day and time. And would perhaps make it easier for everybody to understand that sexuality and gender expression are purely individual. And they can be independent from one another.

Peta Mari
        Lady

You made some very pertinent points there. You certainly brought a lot of ‘Great’questions to ponder. Some I have asked a few times myself.

Cathryn
      Lady

But isn’t that even true on this site?

I’m not trying to offend. However some of the ladies on here offend me. They don’t even put forth the basic effort of being a crossdressers.

I’m sure if you have been on here any length of time you can see what I mean. It confuses me to no end. Then to add to this they write in their profile about being a cross dresser and their feelings and blah blah blah.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

The basic meaning in dictionaries of Crossdresser is wearing clothes associated to the opposite sex. It doesn’t state to what degree nor any reason. With that I would opine that if someone wishes to wear just stockings , dress fully or anything in between, it would mean they are a crossdresser.

Then comes this minefield of reasoning which is expressed by members within this site as it is such a diverse community. I liken it to a magazine of articles which of which has interest to some but not all and if we aren’t interested we can skip over. Out of curiosity we may read something we don’t agree or associate with so we move on and cannot expect everything to our individual taste.

In days of old ‘Are you gay’ was a common  question if you have come out to someone, no different to be a single male of many years and receive the same question, as I have. It is not offensive to me as society didn’t have an understanding of a crossdresser and associated it with being gay as you dressed therefore you must want to attract men.

However as we roll on many years into a new age of media and information perhaps the likes of the Drag Race show where there area lot of gay men the stereotype is seen by millions world wide and reinforce public opinion so the question would be asked more often.

Because crossdressing is for many reasons and Transgender is a more high profile topic the two will merge as there still is that mis understanding of what a crossdresser really is. If you are a full time crossdresser you could be considered transgender as that fits the criteria. Such is the diversity within the community the lines are blurred and the confusion is understandable to an outsider. LGBT+ groups will herald transgender as it sees a sexuality element so the gay/Bi/ Non binary/ asexual and whatever todays label is added means that someone of either birth sex who dresses in a way opposite  is within the groups protection, heterosexual crossdressers are not. Go figure.

As for sexuality well there’s another minefield. Your sexuality or proclivities aren’t exclusively a crossdressing thing as it is prevalent with males that do not dress but may be part of the reason they dress so, within the original meaning, they crossdress.

Let’s face it sometimes we don’t help ourselves to make it easy for an outsider, even ourselves, to understand as it isn’t cut and dried. The world of You Tube and the like doesn’t help, I agree, as what is portrayed isn’t perhaps what I am about but I can find something that is. Heidi Phox is a good example of  a married crossdresser.

Personally I find things that are a bit ‘icky’ and had those ‘Really!’ moments here but can’t take offence as it is part of our diverse community and an individual aspect.

There has always been a fairly large segment of crossdressers who do so as a sexual fetish to have sex with men, and that’s still the stereotype thanks to the one dimensional portrayal of crossdressers in popular culture. I agree that it’s exasperating, but it is what it is and so we’ll continue to be asked if we’re gay. The question itself doesn’t bother me; most people don’t understand that gender identity and sexual orientation are different things in the first place. Many of the crossdressers here are cisgender males married to (and keenly intent on remaining so) cisgender women, but even so they will get lumped under the transgender umbrella and that’s not a bad thing in my view. Broad social acceptance of crossdressing will only come from increased visibility and advocacy, just as it was for everyone else LGTBQ+, even if you don’t personally identify with that group. We need allies, especially since “crossdressers” is such a diverse group.

Anonymous
      Lady

Peta,

As has been alluded to here, crossdressing is something of a continuum, ranging from some who become better looking women than many women, to some who put on panties and call it a day. 🤷 For me, I’m attracted to femininity, so I would never consider “a guy” – that’s just me – but someone towards the feminine end of the CD spectrum? Yes, please! It’s less about the equipment and more about how someone “is” if that makes sense.

I still think all CDs are great – you be you – but personal attraction is, well, personal.

💋Jackie💋

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?