Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I know from experience that this day is a biggie in the restaurants as couples come together for a dinner date on Valentines.  Sadly that’s been eliminated this year.  But there are other “classics” …

Anonymous

Sadly I have lost the love of my life, but it was always a meal out, flowers (Roses, yellow her favorites) now it just the yellow roses on the table, her photo, wine to toast her, and a conversation to tell her all about the kids and grandchildren. I know she is listening to me between the tears.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Aww I’m sorry to hear that, I didnt want to stir up any tears Amanda.  Happy that her light shines so bright within you tho.  As it should and hope always does ❤.

Anonymous

No problem Stevie, one cannot hide from the pain of loss, but only find ways of dealing with it. She was and always will be a part of it, for without that the pain would be unbearable. 

Hello Amanda, sorry about the loss of your SO. This will be my first Valentine’s Day without mine so I am trying something a little different. My daughter and I put on some rock & roll music and danced with the picture of soulmate on the mantelpiece. She loved dancing. Now we are making supper together and will watch a romantic comedy movie later. Something else my SO used to enjoy.

Warm hugs

Rowena 👩🏻‍🦳

Anonymous

Thank you Rowena, I too am sorry for your lose. I think it’s a beautiful compliment to your wife that you include her in your day. I have always tried to include the things we did as a family together with my two daughters, I know it help them cope with the loss of their mother as it does with the loss of my wife.

Anonymous

Rowena , That is a beautiful tribute to your SO. Now you have your daughter to dance with.

Kathleen

I voted “cooking dinner” but that is the norm anyway!

We have never made much of an effort for Valentine’s Day as it mostly consists of too much hype and inflated store prices.  Hopefully we make it clear to each other throughout the whole year how much we love and appreciate each other!

-A.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Cooking dinner for me,  unfortunately no roses but she will be treated as the queen bee that she is…❤

I am the cook day to day so that wouldn’t be very special, for either of us so I’m ordering dinner in, which is something we rarely do. It doesn’t need to be a HUGE gesture. Remember size doesn’t matter lol, if its from the heart and presented correctly.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Stevie, I do the cooking every day so it being Valentine’s Day, I’m going to get the night off.  We are ordering Chinese food take-out.  And I put a couple of bottles of white wine in the fridge to get nice and cold.  what do you think, Pinot Grigio with Chinese food?   And Bonus, we’ll order lots of dishes so there will be leftovers for a couple other nights.  Woo Hoo.  And our grand daughters gave us Valentine’s presents yesterday, a whole bunch of chocolate bars.  Enjoy.  Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone, Hugs, Krista.

Hi Stevie,

I’ve just cooked a dinner for six! A huge antipasto platter in the garden plus a magic pitcher of red wine followed by zucchini papardelle with a heritage tomato salad. More wine and a massive chocolate cake with rhubarb and berry jam to finish… oh, and did I mention more wine?
      I also came out to the last of my friends! He is always flying around the country on business of some sort or another and we find it difficult to get together for a glass or two. I used to chef for him a couple of times a week until Covid hit. He was actually overjoyed with this news… bless him!

I love to cook for people and have done way to little of it since the beginning of the Covid period… so my vote would go to cooking dinner though I cook for my dearest every night of the week! In fact I do do special dinners for ‘date’ nights!

Yum, yum… xxx Polly

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Ohh I wish I could be there to raid your leftovers! …… and finish off any extra wine!  ( ….. extra? ) 😅

<laugh> I’ll have to do a Grace for this one… ‘Frayed knot’,  Stevie… All the wine drunk ‘cept half a bottle of Cabernet I’m saving for the last of the blue cheese! Actually, I’m having an early afternoon tea (wine) at the moment…

Polly xxx

Anonymous

I already do the cooking, and COVID hasn’t shut us down…but this cursed winter storm down here did. So, we have a rain check for the dinner date, and meanwhile, I keep reminding her how much I love her and look forward to our Valentine date.

Bettylou

I’m divorced, so none of the above (unless “nothing” fits the “other” category) .  And even before that, we never made a big deal about Valentine’s day.

Hi Stevie as wife does most all the cooking here as i work from daylight to dark most days  so we allways have a doctors  appt. in the Billings area and coming up beginning of april we allways wait to go out for a nice dinner  and as this is a little ways off im cooking her a queens meal at home  as she is so deserving as a very supportive wife and great girlfriend to Stephanie  .. Im  sorry Amanda and Rowena for your loss as cant tell much about your feelings but im sorry and Happy Valentines day and many more here ..

Stephanie Bass

Katey Doe
      Lady

I have no SO, I’m here talking with a few lady friends and watching the tube. – Katey

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

We got take out from a really good Italian restaurant.  After dinner we exchanged some small gifts….including chocolate!

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Yum.  Italian…  That sound like a perfect day.  Two people sharing time and love with each other.  Doesn’t have to be fancy or be expensive, it just has to… be.

( Haha, says me, all dressed up and no one to love 🙄)😁

Stevie

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Yeah the food was fantastic.  Company too!

Leonara
      Ambassador

Rowena and Amanda so sorry for the loss of your wives. You have wonderful memories and thank you for sharing how you each remember them.
      My wife and I got engaged 52 year’s ago.. we will be celebrating our 50th this April… this Valentines I sent Kathy red roses and we had a candle light take out (or is it take in) dinner… I am still a hopeless romantic… thank you all for listening
      Leonara xx

Anonymous

Leonara, thank you for your kind words. So beautiful to read your story of love. Wonderful that you will be celebrating your golden wedding anniversary this April, please accept my congratulations to the pair of you, absolutely beautiful milestone to achieve. So heart warming to read of such love and devotion, bless you both. Lv Amanda xx

Dear Leonara, everything that Amanda said so eloquently echoes my own sentiments about the enduring love between you and your spouse. So happy for you both. Thank you for bringing a smile to my face this morning.

Warm hugs

Rowena 👩🏻‍🦳

Prudence
      Ambassador

Just another day.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Yup.  Heard that Pru…

Hippie
        Lady

It’s kinda the same way for me and Venus, we don’t do nothing for Valentines Day either. To us it’s just a day

Hippie

Flowers, but not roses. She loves getting flowers for whatever occasion, or without an occasion. Fresh flowers in the house make her happy. And she doesn’t like the stereotypical or conventional expressions of romance, so no roses or chocolate on Valentines. But she’ll love chocolate any other day of the year.

Alice Black
      Duchess

Brought dinner home from TGIF Friday – 2 bbq rib dinners. Got a mug from wife saying Best Husband around. Made me feel good in light of fact she had just discovered that I am a Crossdresser.

Alice Black

Hippie
      Lady

Me and Venus, we don’t celebrate a lot of Hoildays, and this one is one of them. I don’t even know why we don’t, maybe after all the years together, we don’t need to prove our love for each other.

I like to think everyday is Valentines Day with us. Because without her, my life was pretty (blank) and and misable. I can’t even think life without her.

She is me and me is her, we are one fine machine together.

Hippie

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

That is such a perfect attitude hippie, sounds like Valentines is every day there! You’re a bit of a romantic deep down, aren’t cha? 😊

Hippie
          Lady

I am a romantic type

ChloeC
      Duchess

So we’re at that stage in life where there’s little point in buying certain long lasting things.  My SO and I have cards now that we keep and haul out and give to one another at each holiday. And we certainly don’t need lots of chocolates, and my SO likes live plants and we have lots in the house.  So I still want to do something so I got her one of those little 3 piece candies in the small heart shaped box, gave the card, and then got something she likes and will use.

Which is a certain kind of spirits and she had just run out, so I found the brand she’s likes and included that.  She liked the idea but told me to hide it as she didn’t need any more for some time, so I did. The next night we had our close friends over and some like that particular spirit, so she was now thankful I had got it as we could offer it which was appreciated by our guests. It’s all about timing

Anyway, can’t go wrong with dandy and quicker.

Stevie65
      Lady

Every day is special to us. We spend every day minute together. When not working.

Stevie65

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Congratulations Gen!  29 years, that’s fantastic!  It must have been a doubly loving weekend for you both.  ❤

Stevie

Anonymous

Congratulations to you both Gen, thats a beautiful milestone to reach. I just beautiful. Lv Amanda xx

Anonymous

Poetry. Beautiful. So pleased for you both.

Hippie
      Lady

Me and Venis don’t have that many years in, yet. But will will. I’m glad you made it to 29. Do you have something planned for a the 30th?

Hippie

Hi Gen and a happy belated anniversary to you both as my 38th is coming in march  .. that sounds so wonderful that she has come around to accept Gen and have fun together as girlfriends that tickles my heart for you  enjoy your wonderful girly life sweety  ..

💖💖💋💋 Stephanie

Anonymous

Thank you and bless you Gen xx

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?