• This topic has 25 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

I did a search and found a thread from 2017 that talked about Nair, shaving, waxing or other (link at the bottom of the post).  I responded recently to a Hair removal forum post about shaving the long hair of my legs off with a trimmer and then using Veet. My legs couldn’t have been more smooth after I was finished in the shower, but a couple of hours later, they felt a little stubbly to the touch.

I thought maybe I had done it incorrectly since it was my first time.  I shaved with a Venus razor all of last week and tried Veet again on Friday morning thinking that would keep me pretty smooth through the weekend. By around noon today, I had 1/8″ hairs already sprouting and was generally stubbly.  So, after two tries, I really don’t see the appeal.  It really doesn’t keep my legs hair free or smooth much, if any, longer than just using a razor in the shower. I used it on my under arms too and they’re stubbly today also.

I used the Veet Gel Cream Hair Remover for Legs and Body – Sensitive Hair Removal Cream.  Aloe & Violet Blossom Scent (which I thought smells pretty good).  I had no issues at all with burning sensation and left the cream on close to the full 10 minutes before using the spatula to scrape it off, so I’m pretty sure I’m doing it right.  Is it a function of the more you use it, the better it will work?

Anyone else have better luck with it or Nair?  I actually have some Nair, but I’m afraid to use it based on some of the burn reviews I’ve read.  And if it doesn’t work any better than Veet, there’s no point trying it either. What do you gals think?

*kisses* tara 🙂

2017 thread:

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/shaving-waxing-nair-or/

Anonymous

Hi Tara…

I have used Veet and Nair. I did get a couple of burns on my chest once from Nair, my fault, I left it on just over the 10 minute recommend time. You do have to be very careful.

I found Veet better, but to be honest I decided I didn’t really want to keep putting the chemicals on my skin and I have gone back to using a razor and shaving gel for all my shaving. I actually enjoy doing it…

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous
        Lady

I agree with you Grace!  I quite enjoy shaving my legs in the shower.  It helps me start the day feeling femme!  I’ve just been using the soap from the shampoo on my head for shaving and haven’t had any cutting issues (knock on wood).  Will gel or shaving cream give me a closer shave?

Anonymous

I much prefer gel…it seems so much smoother….I think the razor glides better….just my opinion xx

Hi Tara,
      I tried the chemicals as well, but I find my epilator does a much better job, and lasts longer.
      Hugs, Regi👸💕

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve used Nair and other chemical hair removers. They worked well. My complaints with them is they took a long time, smelled bad and sometimes left burns. I had no complaints with the hair removal aspects. My legs were always totally hair free and nice and smooth.

What I did find though, shaving my legs in the shower with a slightly dull razor worked very well. It’s fast, easy and neat and i rarely cut myself.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Tara.  I do frequently use Nair.  My long, skinny, boney-knee’d legs inevitably get cut when I shave them.  At first I occasionally had the burning issues; doesn’t seem to happen anymore.   To quote that hot sauce commercial:  “I put that s**t on everything “, lol.  I’ll leave it on 12 minutes and have no issues and it leaves my legs,arms, etc. silky smooth.  Always test a small patch first of course.  🙂

Stevie

I’ve used Nair before and only slightly burned myself once because I left it on too long. Since both shaving and chemical depilatories only remove hair to the surface of the skin, I don’t think it will last any longer than shaving.  Usually, I just use a razor in the shower. Although there’s a lot of real estate to cover, I tend to do it like I used to work out. Legs and back one day and arms and torso the next. The only time I use a cream is when I’ve had to let it all grow out, like this summer while visiting and staying with my children.

Hi Tara I am back to using gel and razors. I find it much easier faster if you maintain it. Keeping a schedule has just become to much to think a bout. If there is slight stubble then shave it. Thats my motto. So what if wife complains about my time in bathroom. She can use the other bathroom if needed. I remember when my wife first found out . She introduced me to waxing my legs OMG i could not believe the pain  and the mess, just too much trouble I must admit with waxing hair does not come back for a while. I do not like pain and chemical smells.Have a lovely smooth day

Luv Stephanie

I haven’t shaved body parts in years; can’t explain it to family.  I am a lather and blade shaver for my face.  But, if I go back to shaving my legs, I’ll probably use the best (maybe Norelco or Braun) electric.  No matter what, the stubble returns, so why risk injury or discomfort.  With good moisturizer, the stubble only becomes an issue when it drags on hose.  My leg hair is light colored, so stubble does not show; again especially when I moisturize.  I’ve frequently used good quality tanning lotions that help my legs glisten.  Just a thought!

FAM

Geraldine Mac
      Baroness - Annual

I agree with people that Veet is not as effective as it claims to be – but I still think its a good short-term option. I tried veet for the first time recently to remove arm hair – BUT – made the mistake of doing it straight after I had also used wax strips on my arms (also first time) and my skin was so raw! Ouch. Zsazsa

I was told in another body hair forum post that hair inhibitors should be used in addition to our shaving or waxing preference. From what I read hair inhibitor creams/lotions are supposed to make the hair follicles grow back slower and softer and in some cases slow down the growth so much that it pretty much stops. And makes what hair that grows back so soft that it is undetectable. So the times we have to shave or wax gets reduced quite a bit (Yay!). I do love shaving my legs, underarms and scepter area because to be honest it does turn me on and make me feel more gurly. But less times shaving means more makeup time and shopping time, right ladies? Ulta Beauty makes a popular one called Don’t Grow There (or Back). But I have done an Amazon search and have seen other hair inhibitors too. I just have to say that as much as we have to prep ourselves to be pretty, GGs should be coming to us for tips lol.

Kisses…

Nancy
        Lady

Quinetta, I got some Don’t Grow There to try, but didn’t stick with it. After about a week and a half, I decided I liked the feel of my Aveeno lotion on my legs better, from a lotion perspective. So, I don’t think I tried it long enough to judge the hair inhibitor side of things. I just need to find a new skin routine, like put the Aveeno on my wet legs when I get out of the bath, and then add Don’t Grow There later, after my lotion has soaked in or something.

Birel

Geraldine Mac
      Baroness - Annual

After waxing and using veet a couple of weeks ago on my arms (for better photos), which did give me a smooth skin, last night my wife just twigged to the fact that I have stubble on my arms. Need to be more careful in future, keep them shaved, or give up on the idea of keeping my arms hairless 😞. Zsazsa.

I would question shaving before using a depilating cream. My understanding is that shaving (with more than one blade) pulls the hair while allowing the following blades to cut it further down the stem so that it retracts below the skin surface. Hence the appeal of multiple blades although I do not see that more than three blades would be all that affective.

Shaving, however, cuts the hair at an angle so that when it regrows the subtle is ‘pointy’ and more evident. Hair remover uses a chemical ‘burn’ so that the regrowing hairs are tapered or feathered and are less obvious especially with paler hair shades.

If these hypotheses are correct then using a cream after shaving probably would not reach the retracted follicles without damaging the skin. All that it would do is deal with any missed hairs. Judging from what you report, this seems to be the case and the ‘sharp’ hairs would regrow as noticeable stubble, cream or no cream.

The main purposes of shaving cream are to make the hairs ‘stand’ to be more accessible to the blades and to lubricate the skin to limit cuts and rash. I do not know if any particular foam or gel is superior but I habitually use Aveeno ‘Positively Smooth.”

Araminta.

Anonymous
        Lady

Thanks for your response, Araminta.  Just to be clear, I didn’t shave with a razor and then use Veet.  The first time I used Veet, I did use a hair trimmer to cut the long hairs down before I used it.

I did NOT use Veet this last Friday morning and now that I have a comparison, Veet did help a little bit over the course of a weekend of not shaving my legs.

Someone come up with a long lasting, pain free, inexpensive hair removal solution!  🙂

Sorry, no substitutes. You have to pick one from Column A and another from Column B and the pain comes with egg roll.

Araminta.

P.S. You don’t have to have the egg roll.

A.

Anonymous

Hi everybody , Tara , I to tried the hair removers , like everyone else the smell and burns were to much . I was in the store sometime back looking at all the hair removal things and saw Venus shave gel . What a best kept secret , wow it is so nice , i also went to a five bladed razor , Gillette and have never looked back . The razor is so easy to change the blades and the Venus shave gel is so slick , i am hooked . Also i recommend a screen i the shower to catch the hair , keeps the drain clean . You will get a nice clean hairless body and look so nice and feel so soft . I hope this helps . Leslie

Billie
      Lady

I used Nair for the 1st time this week I was happy with the results removed about 99% of hair.

Anonymous
      Lady

I just wanted to jump back into this thread with one more tip that I’m sure has been said a MILLION times, but I wasn’t doing it even though I’m sure I read it over and over.  So, it bears repeating if you are not doing the final required step…….

MOISTURIZE!  DUH!

I hadn’t used ANY moisturizer on my legs after shaving and getting out of the shower before last Thursday.  Then I used it on my legs both Thursday and Friday and it makes a HUGE difference, even through the weekend.  I don’t have porcupine stubble legs all weekend!

So, to sum up, use moisturizer!  The end.

*kisses* tara 🙂

P.S. I also took Grace’s advice and used a shaving gel this morning (Venus) and it is the BOMB!  Thanks Grace!

Anonymous
      Lady

Is that the same as the ‘laser’ or different?  (And yes, I did the quotes on purpose  🙂 )  What are the criteria?

The downside, I suppose is that I think it would cost a lot of time and money to do my legs and back.

I’ve been considering an epilator, but I just don’t know if I’m tough enough to withstand it.  Here’s a Braun that you can use in the shower.  Not sure that would make it any more palatable or not.  I would assume there are many threads here related to that, but if anyone has experience with this particular model, I’d be interested in hearing about it.

*kisses* tara 🙂

Definitely not laser. It is set of rotating tweezers that open and the close on hairs as they come around pulling them out. I use one on torso and arms. However if you have varicose veins (and I do) stay away from them.

The hair takes longer to grow back and there may be less hair. One drawback is ingrown hairs and another is the the hair lose their ‘lay’. They also not only grow back sort of scraggly but crinkled. I haven’t epilated for a long time and my hairs still stick out in every direction and have more bends than a corrugated roof.

It can be painful, especially the first time and avoid loose skin ESPECIALLY your face. This is not a razor.

Frankly, if you are youngish and have the time and money I recommend laser (if you have dark hairs) followed by electrolysis to finish up. If your hair is paler, just go straight to electrolysis. It may take a hundred hours at a fair amount per session but I suspect that you will eventually make it back in razor blades you do not need to buy. One suggestion is to get a dentist to give you a local before sessions to deal with the sting. The No-no receives terrible reviews. Consult a skilled practitioner.

Araminta.

Hi Tara,

I have this epilator, it’s reviewed as one of the best. Personally I found it to be very painful. I used it the first time and it brought tears to my eyes. Perhaps I just have a low pain threshold. I put it away for 6 months. Recently I’ve tried again after showering. Epilating below the knee was ok-ish but I’ve had to take above the knew a couple of inches at a time, a bit higher after each shower. It’s working but still painful. Oh and moisturise afterwards to prevent dryness. Hope this helps. I’m told it gets less painful the more you epilate, we’ll see. Good luck.

Alexis

Anonymous
      Lady

I recall seeing info about the IPL now that you mentioned the light skin/dark hair.  Unfortunately, I’m dark skin and dark hair  🙂

Thanks for the info!

Anonymous
      Lady

With apologies to Monty Python…

Are you saying the laser treatments are lasers coupled with rotating knives?

– Did you say, knives?

– Rotating knives, yes.

Then, when you offered, ‘if you are youngish’ this popped into my head.

– Old Man!

– Woman!

– Woman….Sorry….What knight lives in that castle over there?

– I’m 56.

– What?

– I’m 56. I’m not old.

– I can’t just call you woman.

– You could say Tara Jeane.

– I didn’t know you were called Tara Jeane.

– You didn’t bother to find out, did you?

– I did say sorry about the old man, but from behind you look…

Anonymous
      Lady

Unlike a GG, I do not have a high tolerance of pain, so it sounds like the epilator is out.

SO, it appears I will be a shaving fiend.  I have to tell you that my stubble is FIERCE!  I feel like a porcupine!  One leg stabs the other and vice versa in bed if I miss one day of shaving.  Good thing I still get a kick out of doing it, but who knows how long that will last  🙂

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?