Tagged: 

• This topic has 42 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Julie.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

anyone here a gamer? and if so what type of video do you enjoy? think I enjoy most games myself but playing breath of the wild and crash bandicoot on the ps4 and switch at the min.

I’ve been a gamer since the early/mid 80’s but have more or less given up the hobby in the last year. I strongly suspect it has much to do with the reason I am here at CDH (but I’ve been a PS fanboy/girl since the PS2

I’m a huge big timer gamer.  I started with the Atari 2600 for the longest time, them moved to the sega genesis, nes, Gameboy, gamegear, then ps, ps2, ps3, xbox360, and psp.

Due to life and finances, I can no longer afford any console games.  So I’ve had to cut it all down to only PC games on Steam.

Right now I’m playing KF2 (Killing Floor 2, over 1300 hours invested) and ATS, American Truck Simulator.  I’ve been a huge FPS (first person shooter) ever since Doom, so my catalogue of games is mostly FPS.  I’m not a huge driving/racing gamer, but I simply love ATS realism and the fact that you’re not racing a ho hum race car, but an 18 wheeler.  So it does not handle like it is on rails, and does not stop on a dime, which is like the real thing.

Abby M
      Lady

I for the most part like playing rpgs. Currently playing Dragon Age Origins as a female elf, have never played it before it is pretty good. I was also playing Pokémon x as a nuzlocke challenge. Otherwise I’ve recently been playing Mortal Kombat. Cassie Cage is one of my new favorite characters because she’s sassy.

I grew up with an hand me down original NES and GameBoy got a PS2 after highschool and have been upgrading with every PS generation since. Some of my favorites are the Red Dead Redemption, the GTA series, Portal, The Last of Us and Borderlands. If I play multiplayer games it’s on PC where I don’t have to pay a subscription. This year being stuck at home I got a Valve Index VR headset which has been lots of fun. I just got Star Wars Squadrons but its a steep learning curve for me. Haven’t played a star wars flying game since the original Battlefront II.

Mainly magic the gathering. Started DM’ing for DnD this year. Been fun.

Kassie
      Lady

My last console was the Wii U and my wife and I clocked in countless hundreds of hours into Mariokart.

Nowadays I’m mostly a PC gamer but with work, I don’t really get that much time to play. During lockdown though, we did play rounds of Fibbage and Drawful from the Jackbox games collection with our friends on a weekly basis. That was pretty fun. 🙂

Mostly a PC gamer but I do have a PS4. Love FPS games but when I want to relax and just forget about stress a good RPG is always appreciated. Currently playing COD:CW and looking forward to the cyber punk game if it ever comes out. Hopefully getting a switch soon I still want to play Zelda: breath of the wild

Aoife
      Lady

I mostly just play Animal Crossing these days. Surprised it doesn’t come up here more as it’s such a great outlet for dressing! So much of what I do is just pick out cute girl outfits.

I’ve been a gamer since Pong. Lots of different genres over the years. Did some D&D in the 90’s. I’ve been a Simmer, mostly, for the last 20 years. Funny thing about the Sims is that I always play female sims and I am constantly deleting males in the game. And the fashion and dress up aspect is something I love to do.

Xbox one here. There is an indie game that I’m hooked up on playing called Life is Strange.

Kassie
        Lady

omg… love that game <3

Revel
      Baroness

Yes! I’m a retro gamer. I spent a lot of time in the arcades back in the 80s and 90s, and now I have a huge collection of video game consoles and games. NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Atari Jaguar 64, Nintendo Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, and that’s not all! I also have some handheld game consoles and games too! It took me years to collect them, and my best friend and I are pretty knowledgeable about video games. When I play my retro video games, I REVEL!

Ashley
      Lady

Very much looking forward to playing Cyberpunk 2077 in a few days! If I can even make it into the game itself that is. I’ve been hearing so much about this game’s extensive character creation options that I will probably spend some serious time just with that.

That’s AWESOME!

I’ve been waiting on this as well since I first caught wind of it towards the end of my Witcher 3 play through.

Very extensive character creation. I cant wait until I get a PC that can run this game.

Absolutely!  Just finished with Bayonetta 2 and moved to XCOM 2.  Xcom has been one of my favorite games since the original DOS version.

Chrissy Jones
      Duchess

Absolutely. I’ve been hooked on Borderlands it first came out.

Hi Gals, some of you make me feel young with your histories, no offense meant. My first proper games console was a PS2, although got a Pikachu special GBC when Pokémon yellow first came out. Mostly play my Ps3 these days don’t like the macro transactions in modern games. RPGs mainly.

Revel
        Baroness

Gotta love the PS2. I have two PS2 consoles. One is a standard black one, and the other is a custom painted light purple with white specks on top. It’s so pretty! I also own a Nintendo GameCube, and put a vinyl decal on it. I’m very fussy about condition, and the vinyl decal makes it look nicer. Anyone else own a GameCube?

Revel
        Baroness

I still own a bright green GBC, and a clear GBA. The GBA would have been the best retro handheld console Nintendo ever produced – if it would have had a backlight. I use a “worm light” on mine, but the best option is the Game Boy Player adapter for the Gamecube that allows you to play GB, GBC, and GBA cartridge games on your TV! Love it.

Not many things better than getting lost in a good RPG on a lazy weekend. My favorite has been the witcher series and the Fable series when I was younger.

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

I have always been a gamer, however, not so much these days. Sadly life has got in the way of buying a new PlayStation as soon as it was released. Still hopeful there will be opportunity in the new year, COD Cold War Zombies looks like a lot of fun!

For me, my gaming started with a Nintendo Game & Watch, back in 1988, from then on, a Commodore Amiga then the PlayStation 1, 2 & 3.

Strategy, FPS and the general mayhem that is GTAV is my main go to, although lately, I found Good Old Games which have a few classics.

If you can call it gaming, Pokemon Go has been my mainstay since 2016, I love the sense of community that, like here, brings so many together. Wonder if there are any other PoGo players here?

Hugs

Samantha x x

I’ve been on Pogo for about 2 year, I’m off and on player might a week or two without touching it, mainly due to work and life getting In my way. I know rude right how dare fast food get in the way of a community day!!

My trainer code is 3364 1939 7910 if you’d like to add me.

On a side note I’m also getting Trish a new phone one of the reasons being having a second account.

Love Trish

I’m older now and much more selective in what game I devote my precious time to. In the past year the no. 1 game has to be Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. The games’ graphics are amazeballs, as is the rest of it, I honestly can think of a single negative. The game was such a revelation for me that for the first time in my life I bought a headset and played online for the first time ever! Best aspect of all might have been chatting online with my teammates in game.

Back when I used to game online, I had a regular group (clan) of friends, the interaction with them was an absolute blast, no matter how bad we played we always had a great time. Back during COD 3 /Battlefield 3

I dont know if you’ve played lately Rei, but some games nowadays work very well with party chat, like the one I mentioned before. It would be kinda fun for a bunch of us to get into a game if for nothing else than the conversation. Earlier this year I was losing a lot of sleep playing and making friends on my Xbox.

Lol! I have to admit the same ide popped into my head when I read your response.

Most of the logistical issues would probably be fairly easy to work around, the only real problem (for me at least) would be finding a way to balance my marriage/personal time for Rei and all the other stuff that goes with being a responsible adult!
            That, and I just picked up Cyberpunk 2077 and if it’s anything like Witcher 3 I may have many hundreds of hours of gameplay in my future!

OMG! What an awesome game Witcher Wild Hunt Was, I’ve got to replay that one soon.

No games, only motorsports simulations going back to NASCAR 2003, NASCAR 2004, Grand Prix Legends (all Sierra/Papyrus) and iRacing off and on since ~2008…

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Just bought an Occulus VR Quest 2. I’m playing a lot of Population One(FPS), Beat Sabre, Star Wars Vader Immortal… The last game systems I bought before this were a Wee in 2007 and a PS2 before that.

Between now and the Wee I have played a few things on my tablet, but nothing special.

I am an old school quake player!!! I actually used to “donate” programming time to a Quake 3 Mod Urban Terror and still play that occasionally.

Lately I have been playing Animal Crossing (I know huge shift) and Star Wars Squadrons. I love the fact they went back to be more like Xwing vs Tie Fighter.

I am debating cyberpunk 2077 right now so we will see.

I do play fortnight when my son needs to up his stats or has some one smack talking him, but that is not really my cup of tea.

Cyberpunk is very worth it on PC some bugs but not the game breaking once you saw on console.. When you getting it thou be prepared to lose a few nights sleep.

Josie Angel
      Duchess

I play Wizard 101 online.  It’s an MMORPG. I like having a female avatar decked out in princess gear.

Anonymous

I am addicted to Call of Duty – War Zone, online multi console game, its taken me about 6 months to get average at it, my reflexes are not as quick as some younger gamers..

I am completely in love with Cyberpunk 2077, lots of detailed character creation, but I also play games like EVE Online, Total War series, a couple of Anime games, and many more. But lately its been all about Cyberpunk on PC of course. From what I have heard it was not worth the buy on PS and Xbox due to the amount of bug in it.

I used to be a huge gamer, but a career in game development essentially murdered my passion for them. I had a bunch of consoles: 2600, ps1,ps2, nes, dreamcast, Sega Saturn, xbox… hell, I even had an Atari Jaguar! I played pretty much every single fps from Wolfenstein onward. These days, I’m down to just my Xbox One which mostly collects dust, but I still play the Assassins Creed games with old school obsession when a new one comes out. My daughter gave me a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 last Christmas and that game was just amazing. She’s the real gamer in the family these days, a fact I attribute to her stealthily spying on my late night sessions of Modern Warefare as a youngster. I like video games a lot, but my life is so much richer now that it’s not the only thing I do anymore.

ChloeC
      Duchess

<sigh>  So, way back in the day, when the world was young, (we’re talking 1978) I played the original Colossal Cave/Adventure on a TI Silent 700 – a keyboard peripheral – which generated thermal paper and attached to whatever network.  It also had an acoustic coupler which meant we could take it home and call in (it helped to be ‘local’ in those days) and attached to the DEC PDP10 and play games late into the night which of course, I did. I still have a thermal paper roll with the steps needed to ‘be carried out on the shoulders of the elves’. The max score was 350, but an undated version went to 500. I also played some kind of Mouse game where you worked your way through a maze.

Finally on that system I also played the original Star Trek where the universe was divided into sectors/quadrants and you moved the Enterprise through the quads a dot (or muliple dots) at a time, looking for Romulans and/or Klingons. The trick there was you armored and torpedoed up, slipped into a far corner of a new quad, looked to see who was there, took numerous enemy blasts and ducked back out to rearm and then reenter blasting away. Made Admiral of the Fleet and quit

I did buy a copy of Leather Goddesses of Phobos but that’s gone (it was referenced in the movie ‘The Martian’)  and vaguely remember Leisure Suit Larry another questionable game.

My next computer was TI 1000 in like 1983-5 and I played Pong on that. Later I played some more semi graphic game with a Princess motif, but that was probably the last one I seriously looked at.

Nowdays, I play online Jeopardy, and MS Solitaire trying to figure out all the ways some (okay, thousands) of online players cheat to get the scores they do.  Like winning 20 games within 3 minutes. Yeah.

Hugs, ChloëC

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by ChloeC.

I loved Grand Theft Auto 5 until the modders made the game completely unplayable. I’ve recently been hooked on Forza Horizon 5.. I really love racing games because I can keep challenging myself to get better

Anonymous

Anything Pokémon and Assassins Creed, but I’m limited on the latter to the Switch games. Which right now includes the Ezio trilogy and America’s trilogy (3, Black Flag, and Rogue)

Julie
      Lady

I never quit playing video games but I lose plenty of time to game because of doing women things like taking selfies, getting my nails and eyebrows done. I follow YouTube tutorial videos for adult female dancing. I try to learn regular dancing, disco dancing and belly dancing honey. So video games are not played as much sister.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Julie.

I haven’t played any ‘real’ strategy games since Age of Empires 2, although XCOM Enemy Unknown and Tropico 5may be a close cousins. Playing these games on consoles isn’t as much fun as it is on a computer.

Steph, I’ve got your back if you vanish and if I am still on  Santa’s good list this year I may disappear for awhile while I delve into CD Project Reds CyberPunk 2077.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?