- October 11, 2020 at 5:38 am #392990Adam HardyParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 0Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
anyone here a gamer? and if so what type of video do you enjoy? think I enjoy most games myself but playing breath of the wild and crash bandicoot on the ps4 and switch at the min.
- December 26, 2020 at 1:32 pm #423424Andrea HopkinsLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 59Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
I am completely in love with Cyberpunk 2077, lots of detailed character creation, but I also play games like EVE Online, Total War series, a couple of Anime games, and many more. But lately its been all about Cyberpunk on PC of course. From what I have heard it was not worth the buy on PS and Xbox due to the amount of bug in it.
- December 23, 2020 at 3:30 pm #422328Charlotte GainsbourgLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 92Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
I am addicted to Call of Duty – War Zone, online multi console game, its taken me about 6 months to get average at it, my reflexes are not as quick as some younger gamers..
- December 21, 2020 at 12:38 pm #421278
- December 16, 2020 at 8:19 pm #419189Andi PersephoneLadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 34Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 108 times
I am an old school quake player!!! I actually used to “donate” programming time to a Quake 3 Mod Urban Terror and still play that occasionally.
Lately I have been playing Animal Crossing (I know huge shift) and Star Wars Squadrons. I love the fact they went back to be more like Xwing vs Tie Fighter.
I am debating cyberpunk 2077 right now so we will see.
I do play fortnight when my son needs to up his stats or has some one smack talking him, but that is not really my cup of tea.
- December 26, 2020 at 1:35 pm #423425Andrea HopkinsLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 59Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 325 times
Cyberpunk is very worth it on PC some bugs but not the game breaking once you saw on console.. When you getting it thou be prepared to lose a few nights sleep.
- December 16, 2020 at 4:39 pm #419138Dala CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 110Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 337 times
Just bought an Occulus VR Quest 2. I’m playing a lot of Population One(FPS), Beat Sabre, Star Wars Vader Immortal… The last game systems I bought before this were a Wee in 2007 and a PS2 before that.
Between now and the Wee I have played a few things on my tablet, but nothing special.
- December 14, 2020 at 8:53 pm #418391DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 748Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1980 times
- December 11, 2020 at 2:02 am #416733Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 429Has thanked: 1840 timesBeen thanked: 2004 times
I’m older now and much more selective in what game I devote my precious time to. In the past year the no. 1 game has to be Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. The games’ graphics are amazeballs, as is the rest of it, I honestly can think of a single negative. The game was such a revelation for me that for the first time in my life I bought a headset and played online for the first time ever! Best aspect of all might have been chatting online with my teammates in game.
- December 14, 2020 at 6:35 pm #418343Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3201 times
- December 16, 2020 at 2:52 pm #419122Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 429Has thanked: 1840 timesBeen thanked: 2004 times
I dont know if you’ve played lately Rei, but some games nowadays work very well with party chat, like the one I mentioned before. It would be kinda fun for a bunch of us to get into a game if for nothing else than the conversation. Earlier this year I was losing a lot of sleep playing and making friends on my Xbox.
- December 16, 2020 at 6:15 pm #419164Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3201 times
Lol! I have to admit the same ide popped into my head when I read your response.
Most of the logistical issues would probably be fairly easy to work around, the only real problem (for me at least) would be finding a way to balance my marriage/personal time for Rei and all the other stuff that goes with being a responsible adult!
That, and I just picked up Cyberpunk 2077 and if it’s anything like Witcher 3 I may have many hundreds of hours of gameplay in my future!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 16, 2020 at 7:50 pm #419181
- December 10, 2020 at 4:55 am #416427Samantha JoanChat CrewRegistered On: November 17, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 90Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 343 times
I have always been a gamer, however, not so much these days. Sadly life has got in the way of buying a new PlayStation as soon as it was released. Still hopeful there will be opportunity in the new year, COD Cold War Zombies looks like a lot of fun!
For me, my gaming started with a Nintendo Game & Watch, back in 1988, from then on, a Commodore Amiga then the PlayStation 1, 2 & 3.
Strategy, FPS and the general mayhem that is GTAV is my main go to, although lately, I found Good Old Games which have a few classics.
If you can call it gaming, Pokemon Go has been my mainstay since 2016, I love the sense of community that, like here, brings so many together. Wonder if there are any other PoGo players here?
Samantha x x
- December 11, 2020 at 1:26 am #416729Trisha Lilly LangdanLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 333Has thanked: 2450 timesBeen thanked: 1273 times
I’ve been on Pogo for about 2 year, I’m off and on player might a week or two without touching it, mainly due to work and life getting In my way. I know rude right how dare fast food get in the way of a community day!!
My trainer code is 3364 1939 7910 if you’d like to add me.
On a side note I’m also getting Trish a new phone one of the reasons being having a second account.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 9, 2020 at 2:55 pm #416252LadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 333Has thanked: 2450 timesBeen thanked: 1273 times
Hi Gals, some of you make me feel young with your histories, no offense meant. My first proper games console was a PS2, although got a Pikachu special GBC when Pokémon yellow first came out. Mostly play my Ps3 these days don’t like the macro transactions in modern games. RPGs mainly.
- December 16, 2020 at 2:30 pm #419112Erin TalorDuchessRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 26Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
Not many things better than getting lost in a good RPG on a lazy weekend. My favorite has been the witcher series and the Fable series when I was younger.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 14, 2020 at 6:19 pm #418332RevelLadyRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
I still own a bright green GBC, and a clear GBA. The GBA would have been the best retro handheld console Nintendo ever produced – if it would have had a backlight. I use a “worm light” on mine, but the best option is the Game Boy Player adapter for the Gamecube that allows you to play GB, GBC, and GBA cartridge games on your TV! Love it.
- December 9, 2020 at 10:17 pm #416348RevelLadyRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
Gotta love the PS2. I have two PS2 consoles. One is a standard black one, and the other is a custom painted light purple with white specks on top. It’s so pretty! I also own a Nintendo GameCube, and put a vinyl decal on it. I’m very fussy about condition, and the vinyl decal makes it look nicer. Anyone else own a GameCube?
- December 7, 2020 at 4:03 am #415228Chrissy JonesDuchessRegistered On: April 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 68 times
- December 9, 2020 at 2:47 pm #416251
- December 6, 2020 at 9:56 pm #415190Celeste JoLadyRegistered On: April 26, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 39Has thanked: 34 timesBeen thanked: 260 times
- December 6, 2020 at 9:48 pm #415188AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 188Has thanked: 530 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
Very much looking forward to playing Cyberpunk 2077 in a few days! If I can even make it into the game itself that is. I’ve been hearing so much about this game’s extensive character creation options that I will probably spend some serious time just with that.
- December 16, 2020 at 2:28 pm #419111DuchessRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 26Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
Very extensive character creation. I cant wait until I get a PC that can run this game.
- December 6, 2020 at 9:55 pm #415189Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3201 times
- December 6, 2020 at 1:30 pm #415022LadyRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 30Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 114 times
Yes! I’m a retro gamer. I spent a lot of time in the arcades back in the 80s and 90s, and now I have a huge collection of video game consoles and games. NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Atari Jaguar 64, Nintendo Wii, PS1, PS2, PS3, and that’s not all! I also have some handheld game consoles and games too! It took me years to collect them, and my best friend and I are pretty knowledgeable about video games. When I play my retro video games, I REVEL!
- December 3, 2020 at 3:44 pm #413852Alisha AlexLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 38Has thanked: 103 timesBeen thanked: 156 times
- December 7, 2020 at 3:17 am #415224
- December 3, 2020 at 2:08 pm #413809Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2201 times
I’ve been a gamer since Pong. Lots of different genres over the years. Did some D&D in the 90’s. I’ve been a Simmer, mostly, for the last 20 years. Funny thing about the Sims is that I always play female sims and I am constantly deleting males in the game. And the fashion and dress up aspect is something I love to do.
- December 3, 2020 at 10:35 am #413753AoifeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2018Topics: 65Replies: 317Has thanked: 811 timesBeen thanked: 1128 times
- November 28, 2020 at 3:42 pm #411951DuchessRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 26Has thanked: 46 timesBeen thanked: 80 times
Mostly a PC gamer but I do have a PS4. Love FPS games but when I want to relax and just forget about stress a good RPG is always appreciated. Currently playing COD:CW and looking forward to the cyber punk game if it ever comes out. Hopefully getting a switch soon I still want to play Zelda: breath of the wild
- October 16, 2020 at 9:03 pm #395542KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 103Has thanked: 284 timesBeen thanked: 569 times
My last console was the Wii U and my wife and I clocked in countless hundreds of hours into Mariokart.
Nowadays I’m mostly a PC gamer but with work, I don’t really get that much time to play. During lockdown though, we did play rounds of Fibbage and Drawful from the Jackbox games collection with our friends on a weekly basis. That was pretty fun. 🙂
- October 16, 2020 at 8:42 pm #395532
- October 13, 2020 at 8:58 am #394007Christina StormLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 8Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
I grew up with an hand me down original NES and GameBoy got a PS2 after highschool and have been upgrading with every PS generation since. Some of my favorites are the Red Dead Redemption, the GTA series, Portal, The Last of Us and Borderlands. If I play multiplayer games it’s on PC where I don’t have to pay a subscription. This year being stuck at home I got a Valve Index VR headset which has been lots of fun. I just got Star Wars Squadrons but its a steep learning curve for me. Haven’t played a star wars flying game since the original Battlefront II.
- October 11, 2020 at 8:03 pm #393281Abby MLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 100Has thanked: 109 timesBeen thanked: 245 times
I for the most part like playing rpgs. Currently playing Dragon Age Origins as a female elf, have never played it before it is pretty good. I was also playing Pokémon x as a nuzlocke challenge. Otherwise I’ve recently been playing Mortal Kombat. Cassie Cage is one of my new favorite characters because she’s sassy.
- October 11, 2020 at 2:13 pm #393161Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 319Has thanked: 219 timesBeen thanked: 1253 times
I’m a huge big timer gamer. I started with the Atari 2600 for the longest time, them moved to the sega genesis, nes, Gameboy, gamegear, then ps, ps2, ps3, xbox360, and psp.
Due to life and finances, I can no longer afford any console games. So I’ve had to cut it all down to only PC games on Steam.
Right now I’m playing KF2 (Killing Floor 2, over 1300 hours invested) and ATS, American Truck Simulator. I’ve been a huge FPS (first person shooter) ever since Doom, so my catalogue of games is mostly FPS. I’m not a huge driving/racing gamer, but I simply love ATS realism and the fact that you’re not racing a ho hum race car, but an 18 wheeler. So it does not handle like it is on rails, and does not stop on a dime, which is like the real thing.
- October 11, 2020 at 12:13 pm #393096Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3201 times
I’ve been a gamer since the early/mid 80’s but have more or less given up the hobby in the last year. I strongly suspect it has much to do with the reason I am here at CDH (but I’ve been a PS fanboy/girl since the PS2
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 7, 2020 at 2:35 am #415216stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1392Has thanked: 2067 timesBeen thanked: 6008 times
Me too! And an interesting point. I play PC strategy games like the Total War series. They are very in-depth, immersive and addictive and take hours and hours to play. I have noticed that if I get into playing then I slowly drop out of the pink fog, but as soon as I get bored and stop the fog comes roaring back in and I cannot work up any enthusiasm to play. But Total War Warhammer 2 has just released an update so I will be down in the Forest of Twilight playing with the wood elves – or should I say the sisters Arahan and Naestra. That still sounds wrong. Playing as the wood elves … that’s better. I hope I don’t get too carried away…. if I “go quiet” on CDH you will know the reason why.
- December 7, 2020 at 8:11 am #415321Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3201 times
I haven’t played any ‘real’ strategy games since Age of Empires 2, although XCOM Enemy Unknown and Tropico 5may be a close cousins. Playing these games on consoles isn’t as much fun as it is on a computer.
Steph, I’ve got your back if you vanish and if I am still on Santa’s good list this year I may disappear for awhile while I delve into CD Project Reds CyberPunk 2077.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.