Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies,

A lot of us girls are reasonably passable or at least able to blend in until we open our mouthes to speak.  Changing one’s voice is certainly not an easy thing to do.  How many of you have tried and what was your experience?

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

I purchased and use the EVA voice app. I think it has helped.

Hi Michelle,

I knew long ago that I was supposed to be a girl, I am transgender, now a legal female.
      I crossdressed for years as feminine clothes were just what I considered my normal way to dress. I went out publicly quite often, have always been able to pass as I’ve always had a baby face and inherited my mother’s facial features. So I learned to speak in a feminine voice long ago and now it is so natural that I have to try to speak in anything that might sound masculine. I have a naturally high voice which made it easier but the secret is to practice continually. Try to see how high you can raise your voice without going into falsetto. See how high you can go when you sing, then try to speak in the highest pitch you can comfortably reach when you sang. Practice until you feel comfy with the results. Use your phone to record yourself when practicing, keep working at it until you’re happy.

Wish you well while you work at it girl. 🙂

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

I found a good website that gave instruction on how to femme your voice.  Unfortunatley, I thought I could yellow sticky the url and now I can’t find that website again.

I do remember some pointers like don’t try to speak in a falsetto as that is a dead giveaway.  Something to do with managing/adjusting your throat muscle, and use a recording device to record your voice and work off of that.

I tried, but my asthma makes it kinda tough to talk in a “higher pitch” and the asthma makes my voice raspy in a male way.

Anonymous

Hi Michelle.

Great question, and one that a lot of us struggle with. I know I did for a long time until I came across the recommendation to learn to “speak from my head”. What does that mean? Well, when a man speaks, his voice typically comes from down lower, in his chest area, which is where the deepness and resonance comes from. Whereas when a woman speaks, she speaks from up higher in her diaphragm, hence the recommendation to speak from my head. It takes a bit of time to learn how to do it (there are actually videos on YouTube to help), but it seems to work for me. Plus, just like there are women with all different body shapes, there are also women with many different types of voices, from high-pitched and shrill to low and husky. I’ve found a range somewhere in the middle that seems to work for me by practicing to move my feminine speaking voice to up higher.

Hope this helps some!

Hugs,

Holly

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Michelle,

When I was in my late teens and early twenties I went out dressed a lot and through practice came up with a fairly feminine voice. Back then there was no internet so it was not easy. Now later in life I am going out dressed a lot again so I wanted to get my female voice back and found out that as you age your voice box changes. Thankfully with the internet and a recording app I am getting a new feminine voice but it has been much harder than when I was younger. My female voice isn’t exactly where I’d like it but I’m just about there. Once you have the pitch you want the rest is just practice practice practice. Thanks for the post.

Trish

I been mistaken for a woman several times when talking, over the phone. Just makes me happy.

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

I have not worked on my voice yet…don’t know where to begin but I need to do something.  One of my many fears about going out in the world is if someone speaks to me my baritone voice absolutely will not match my feminine attire!

💖Lola

My voice is kind of androgynous, I am sometimes mistaken  for female on the phone . Still, in “live” performance it is a major tell. I am working on speaking with my “head” voice which helps, and with a lighter quality. I find it  tough to do that and project. I’m getting there, but it is tough to maintain and remember to do all these things when en femme. It’s OK for ordering a sandwich at Subway, but I am hardly fluent. I am practicing by recording myself, listening back, enlisting the help of a “study buddy” who is doing the same, and making sure that when I am out and about putting myself in the situation where it can be used in a real world environment.

I do not “train” but just try to feel a more feminine lilt to it and use a bit more breath to lighten it per se. It does get more softer and more “fun”. I like to do that. I try to access my femme mind.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I was presenting myself in public as a little girl, starting at approximately five years old and continued cross dressing from that age forward.   Many people who did not know otherwise believed I was in fact a girl.  Puberty changed all that.  I had to deal with a beard and and the beginning of a manly voice.

Over the years, I learned to deal with the voice issue by training myself to speak in a feminized version of my normal voice.  It is far from perfect, but it is not my normal harsh male voice.  I have also learned to couple my feminized voice with female mannerisms.

There are other things I do too, which add to the overall female image.  Look people in the eye when speaking to them and smile.  In stores and other places, I show my southern lady manners and thank people or tell them to have a great day!

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Kathe Perez, a voice consultant, who has been on our site, evaluated my voice: “I loved where her pitch was. She had a higher pitch. She had nice upward inflection. There was a little bit of scratchiness. That’s a voice quality issue. Dawn, your pitch was appropriate. Your voice sounded a little scratchy. Articulation was clear. She didn’t sound like she was mumbling. Phrasing, she was speaking in easy phrases. She didn’t sound breathless. She didn’t sound rushed. She didn’t sound like she was pushing hard. She didn’t sound like she was working on her voice. She was at a nice modest pace. I also really loved her natural up inflection. That’s a very natural, gentle upswing (she has in a) way that CIS-females have been enculturated to say, ‘Are you listening to me? Do you understand what I’m saying? Are you with me, here’ (affirmation) So the upswing isn’t a comment that she doesn’t sound confident. The upswing is a very communicative thing that says, ‘Are we on the same page & are we in a conversation together?’ So Dawn, I love that. Keep doing that.”

I think another thing that’s helped me is trying to sing along with female singers in their vocal range.

Hi Dawn,

That sounds like a wonderful evaluation of your voice! Congratulations girlfriend!

I have a friend, here in the city where I live, who is a transgender voice coach. She’s a trans woman herself and has a wonderful speaking voice. She says my voice has good pitch, sounds soft and very natural, not pushed, and just a bit on the breathy side which is natural for me. My upswings and articulations are good, phrasing and modulation are good and my pace sounds very natural.

What has helped me so much is the fact I started trying to develop my feminine voice long ago and now live and work as a woman 24/7. So this is the voice I naturally speak in as soon as I wake up, and all day long until I go to bed. What that says is practice is the key to successfully developing your feminine voice.
        Practice, practice, practice!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Dawn Judson
          Ambassador

Yes. Perfect practice makes perfect. Also, please let me know how you get 27 hours out of a day. I could use a few extra. 😉

LOL, thanks, corrected, I guess I put in some overtime, LOL

hugs,

Lauren

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Good question Michelle, I practice when I think about it in private, but right now i”m working more on my walk and movements, when I feel good about those I’ll get more seriously involved with voice. But because of your asking I’ll have the place to go for the answer, Thanks.

Sherri

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve shared this before. I’m learning Spanish on Duo Lingo. Many of the answers are spoken responses.
      Duo understands my female voice and doesn’t seem to judge me.

I do plain on doing voice coaching to try and make my voice more feminine.

Emily Shy
      Lady

I’ve never tried to change my voice and don’t know if I ever will. Currently I don’t go out and never gone to a place were interaction is needed. YET lol

I honestly don’t know what to da about it lol It is what it is I guess

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?