Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jennifer
      Lady

Since we were born with male hormones and male bodies, most of us don’t naturally fill out women’s clothes very well. So, in an effort to help that (without the help of HRT) I’ve been using waist trainers to help me lose weight and bring my waistline in. This has actually worked out quite well. Two months ago, my natural waist was about 34-35″. First, I started wearing shapewear, which helped … but then I started wearing a waist training corset on and off and it brought my natural waist to 31″. In the meantime, I was able to lose about 30-35 lbs. My newest corset is really stiff and sucks me in all the way to 29″. Yay!!! So, just to let some of the newest girls out there know, I would recommend trying a waist trainer if you’re trying to shed a few pounds and have skirts and dresses fit a little better. We can pad our hips and butts, but it takes some work to reduce the waistline. Corsets really help curb the appetite.

Has anyone else had good success reducing their waists with a corset?

Jen

Anonymous

I have a couple of corsets, and I really like the shape they give me. But I find them difficult to wear for more than an hour or two, and from what I’ve read, waist training requires a lot more time than that.

So congratulations to you and kudos for your persistence.

Miss Cloe
      Managing Ambassador

Now that’s a success story, tipping my wig to you!  I’ve been trying, but not with your success.   My problem is training at work.  I can’t seem to find a food way to stealth.  There’s always a bump from the top or bottom of the busk.  I’ve tried 3 different models from Orchard.  I’ve considered custom, but since I’m in weight loss mode too I don’t want to commit to something I can’t keep using.  I actually do like wearing them.  I would love to hear any tips people have for stealthing at work.

Marianne
      Ambassador

My natural waistline is about 32-33 inches but I can reduce it to 28 inches for extended periods using a 26 inches tightlacing corset.

Johnnie
        Duchess

Doing proper waist training does take commitment and time to realize the results which to not have. But I have gotten positive results from wearing my corset for one hour every other evening. I definitely developed nice curves in my waist area. I also do weight training workouts at the gym to help maintain a shapely body.

Johnnie
      Duchess

I have three underbust steel bones corsets. These corsets are the real thing and not costume corsets. The corsets are perfect to wear for waist training. Waist training is a process were you began wearing a corset for a short period of on a daily basis and increase the wearing time alone with tighter cinching. The purpose is to create a semi permanent hourglass​ figure. Waist training actually works. But be careful not to over cinch the corset which can result injuring internal organs. However wearing my corset under my dresses for firm figure support isn’t practical because the corset outline shows through the dress.and everybody can clearly see that I am wearing a corset underneath my dress. But on the positive side, corsets are sexy to wear for fetish play

Thanks, Lisbeth. I’ve thought about this and it never occurred to me that you could injure yourself doing this.

I am very interested in trying this but am not sure what size I should buy. I recently lost 22 pounds and am working on 15 more to get to my goal weight and currently have a 36″ waist. I am guessing that I should be buying one that is smaller than normal to be very tight and reduce my waist size but have no idea what size I should start with and if I buy online I have no way of knowing. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anonymous

Bridget,

I’ve read when ordering a corset you should order a size that is 6 inches lower then your current waist size and I also recommend a steel boned version those are the real deal and what I use.

Don’t go cheap on these, a good one runs about 50 bucks. What I do with mine is wear shapewear over it to hide it a little better. If you go to tight with it you’ll have a huge lower gut showing so don’t over do it. Ps girl, good luck tightening that thing yourself :-P.

~Mason

Thanks Mason! Great advice!

Johnnie
          Duchess

Hey girls, I corsets are so sexy to wear especially if the corset has garters attached. I been wearing corsets for the past couple of years and you’re right steel boning is the Real deal. My natural waist is 32 and I can cinch in to a 28. Going below 28 I can’t breathe and I feel my internal organs becoming compressed which is not good. I have yet to figure out how to tie the lacing in the back after cinching, if I had a corset helper it would be no problem. So what I do, which isn’t proper after I finish lacing up, I pull the string lace around my waist a couple times and then tie it in front of my corset. I would love to wear my corsets underneath my dresses but my corset outline always shows through the dress. Even though the corset gives me a perfect feminine hourglass figure which looks sexy in my body hugging dresses. But if I’m going in public I don’t want my corset showing through my dress. Instead I wear Spanx which also gives me a sexy looking figure and butt. And no outlines showing through my dress.

Johnnie
          Duchess

Hi Mason, do you wear a full slip over the corset to hide corset outlines from showing through the dessert?

Anonymous

Lisbeth,

I use the bodysuit shape wear, I also have a very nice corset that was meant for a taller person. It hides it pretty well but not completely also you should never tie your corset in the front it will eventually ruin the corset. Also it easier to hide the tie under the corset in the back.

Johnnie
        Duchess

I buy my corsets from Amazon. When selecting a size, measure your natural waist. If your waist is 36 then select corset size 32 or 34. Also you should select the underbust style which is designed to fit under your bust and down to your waist line. Real corsets have steel boning built-in. The boning is flexible. The steel boning can effectively cinch in your waist. Real corsets cost over $50. But if this is first time wearing a corset I suggest that you buy a cosplay corset with plastic bones. These corsets cost under $30 and can cinch you into shape like a steel bone. Doing the cheaper corset first will give you an idea about how it feels to wear a corset. If like you like then invest in a steel bone corset.

Khrysty
      Lady

I recently found a place online called Orchard Corset.  They are wonderful.   They have great instructional videos online that teach you how to take your measurements and if you chat or email them those measurements they will help you make sure you get the right size corset.     I LOVE mine and it has done wonders for my appearance.

Johnnie
      Duchess

Yes I had great results wearing an underbust steel bone corsets. Steel bone corsets are the real deal for maximum cinching. My natural waist was 34 and could cinch down to 31 anymore than that felt very uncomfortable and hard to breathe. Definitely gave me a sexy hourglass figure. But the corset outline was visible through my body hugging dresses. But when worn looser fitting dresses the corset outline wasn’t visible. I been working out at the gym for several months and I have reshaped my natural body and I now I have a natural feminine shape. My hip measurement is 40 and my waist is 30 and my chest is 38. And butt has gotten firm and much rounder. Now I look good wearing my dresses without having to wear a corset or a girdle.

I still like wearing my corset because it feels and looks so sexy.

Hi girls…..any one wear their corset over their dress.  Very sex and gothic looking. Lucys’ Corsets you can get any type of material and coloring. As for tying….you need someone to tighten properly unless you’re a contortionist. Yes…time, diet and exercise will trim you down, then you can stay that way with waist cinchers. But I love my corsets….fashion wise and just feel great in one…not to mention ram-rod straight back.

Lady Veronica

Johnnie
        Duchess

Hi Veronica, Sweetie I love wearing my corsets. yes I have worn a corset on the outside of my dress and it definitely gives a Gothic style which I love.  I mostly wear a corset for fun. I usually don’t wear one whenever I go out in public because the corset outline shows through most of my dresses especially my summer dresses. But I do wear wear a corset during the winter because I am wearing dresses that have thicker fabric and my corset doesn’t show through. Wearing a corset is an absolute thrill. It feels so feminine and sexy to be cinched in tight and having a perfect hourglass figure. I do enjoy corset roleplay especially being a dominatrix or a submissive. Corset with stockings is perfect for S/M roleplay.

I saw a woman in a store yesterday and at first I thought how hot her body looked. Her waist was small and he breasts were full but then she turned her back to me and there was this big bulge on her back right at her should blade height. It was clear she was wearing a waist trainer and with her tight T-shirt on it did not look very good. It looked downright odd. I am thinking that the vest style ones would be best for wearing under your clothes to keep that from happening.

Johnnie
        Duchess

Wearing a corset or waist cincher under a t-shirt is not cool. But wearing a waist corset over a t-shirt is cool.

Anonymous

Wow! Reading all your comments, I’m suddenly interested in waist training and corsets. My goodness, it sounds very sexy too! Honestly, now that I’m all-in as a feminizing crossdresser, I feel very excited about the possibilities, even with my own obvious physical limitations, there’s so much I can do. Sounds so yummy!

Johnnie
      Duchess

Wearing a corset is great for creating the hour Glass figure. But because of Spanxs and other light weight no line foundation wear   the corset has become obsolete. Also the thin stretchy fabric used in most dresses and skirts makes wearing a corset impractical because the corset outline can be seen and noticed through the dress fabric. Mostly I wear high waisted control top pantyhose or a smooth no line girdle for my foundation and shaping. I do wear a corset under my winter dresses. My winter dresses have thicker fabric and my corset does not show through. Also the corset provides an extra layer of  insulation from the cold too. But I mainly wear a corset for S&M role-playing and fetish purposes.

Anonymous

An added feature to corset wearing is that it not only gives you a shape you never had before but a real rush feeling so girlie. If just wearing it about the house it plays on our psyche as well and find us girls behaving more femme. Wearing it in public does sometimes requires we may want to hide it by wearing bulky blouses with capris or tunic dresses but the sensation is there with you mentally and not so noticable to the public. I adore shapewear including cinchers and Madonna made it popular as outerwear for the real sexy look for those fetish events like halloween

I tried Miss Belt. Bought one in black and one in beige. I love it!! I  can adjust to how much waist you want, Its wonderful.

Leonara
      Ambassador

This is why I love this website … We get such good advice from our lovely ladies such as you Jennifer. Thank you. If I just lose 10 more pounds … That would be great…

Leonara
      Ambassador

An interesting turn of events….when I posted that commentin July, 2017… I weighed 175lbs. And wanted to lose at least 10lbs… I have reported that I had spinal surgery in January, 2019.. As a result of the operation I have lost the ten lbs. and then some… With shapewear and padded panties,
      I now have the girly figure that I yearned for.
      Leonara

Anonymous

Hi Jennifer, I have started wearing my waist trainer a lot more recently and I definitely have more shape so I shall continue with it. I am also doing some exercises to hopefully build my thigh muscles and also enhance my booty as well. I will keep you all posted. Sandra x

Anonymous

Ladies,

I’d love to wear a corset, but living alone, how do you lace it up.  I don’t have the dexterity (although I can fasten and unfasten my bras with little problem) to reach the upper middle of my back.  How do you do it?

Lynda

Marianne
      Ambassador

I need little more than pull the loops real hard and the corset will close a bit at a time. Here are two ways to do this alone. One is to tighten the corset enough to hang the loops over a door handle or strong hook behind your back and then walk away and lean forward until you cannot get the corset any tighter. Using this method mine usually close well in the upper part but may not tighten properly all the way down to the butt. If so, I have to work the lowest crosses a bit by hand  feeling my way upwards until they run properly.

The other way is to cross the loops in the back, taking the right one in your left hand and vice versa. Wrap them short around your palms two or three turns, put your elbows to your hips and press your arms out stretching the strings. To begin with you can do upper and lower parts simultaneously. Then you will have to alter between them until the corset is tightened to your satisfaction and can be tied off.

Marianne Tornander

[postquote quote=46672]

Since we were born with male hormones and male bodies, most of us don’t naturally fill out women’s clothes very well. So, in an effort to help that (without the help of HRT) I’ve been using waist trainers to help me lose weight and bring my waistline in. This has actually worked out quite well. Two months ago, my natural waist was about 34-35″. First, I started wearing shapewear, which helped … but then I started wearing a waist training corset on and off and it brought my natural waist to 31″. In the meantime, I was able to lose about 30-35 lbs. My newest corset is really stiff and sucks me in all the way to 29″. Yay!!! So, just to let some of the newest girls out there know, I would recommend a waist trainer for men or women if you’re trying to shed a few pounds and have skirts and dresses fit a little better. We can pad our hips and butts, but it takes some work to reduce the waistline. Corsets really help curb the appetite.

Has anyone else had good success reducing their waists with a corset?

[/postquote]

I don’t recommend relying on waist training to change your figure. Although the waist becomes smaller, the chest/thighs become larger, they just force your body to adapt to different shapes. It doesn’t actually reduce waist fat without exercising. I think the best way to use waist training is to work with exercise to really reduce fat and get a slim and healthy body.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?