Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Coming to you fine ladies for some sage advice.

The local department store had a pair of booties on clearance – in my size and a perfect fit!  I walked out so happy, my first heels!  But when i hit the bricks, what to my wondering ears should appear with every step that i took i heard a herd of reindeer.

While i dearly love the clop, clop, clop of a woman in heels i can’t wear these out with the wife if i draw more attention than she does.  They are 2.5 inch wood block heels, not spike, is there any way to reduce the noise level of these little beauties?  The internet says take them to a cobbler but i’m wondering if this group has any quick fix ideas.

any thoughts?

Anonymous

i buy them and love the sound they make. get your wife a pair and you can both enjoy the sound together. or you can buy them non slip rubber pieces they put on chair feet, but what good is boots without that wonderful sound.

Thanks Rachel but I’m just not *that* confident yet.  Maybe by next year but for now i prefer the sound of silence when i’m walking  out and about.  I love my new booties but OMG don’t look at me now.  🙂

Sorry Joanne, I’ve got nothing. I do agree with Rachel though.

The first time I walked through a mall with loud chunky heels I was sure they must have been broadcasting the sound over the PA system.

But if your wife isn’t OK with the attention (for now) I’m sure Googles got a million suggestions!

As an aside, your way of telling the story made me smile from ear to ear! 😁

Anonymous

Hello Joanne

I would have thought that getting your first “heels”, you would have floated down the street….seriously, you can get rubber tips/ treads……but I agree with Rachel, the sound they make is part of the glam of wearing them…..and a herd of reindeer, well, it is the season!!!

Huggs, grace x

Sutekina
      Lady

Walk like women do in heels. Not trying to insult you. Women in heels take shorter strides and less pronounced heel to toe movement. With a shorter stride, the ball of your foot should be closer to the ground shifting weight quickly to the front, reducing the amount of weight when you land on your heels. The typical male walk puts most of their weight on the heels before it shifts to the rest of the foot. Think of it like walking on tippy toes. Your heels never touch the ground but your not taking long strides either. Basically, the higher the heel, the shorter the stride.

Thinnest shift rubber you can find, like a bottle opening rubber thingie (no more than a millimeter), cut to fit the heel and apply with a good contact cement. Test for reliability at home before venturing out. May not last long before it fails, hard to say, so keep an eye on it to avoid… incidents.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?