• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Well dog lovers worldwide know what a truly loving and faithful a companion a dog is, it’s unconditional affection and attachment to its owner comes at no price except warmth comfort food and care that it’s owners have a duty to carry out.
      It’s now been proved that lots of walks helps keep your dogs brain healthy, by preventing canine cognitive dysfunction, a form of dementia similar to Alzhemimer’s. Pets with little exercise where more likely to have the condition but there was a link to activity.
      Research as found in humans a link between exercises and Alzhemimer’s.
      So regular walkies together has a neurological advantage to both owners and pets. But the best part is, both parties will enjoy it.
      Walkies anyone?
      Lol Amanda xx

Walkies!!! Woof Woof…
      Stephanie 💖

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Amanda, Absolutely, My dog Sandy and I walk twice a day between one to two hours (depending on weather and other commitments). And when we get home, she still does zoomies in the backyard.  Then she has a snack and a nap. And sometimes I join her for a snack and nap too.  The joys of retirement. Have a lovely rest of the week, All the very best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hello Krista.

I hope Sandy is getting used to her wonderful new home…huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

It’s an intelligent dog Grace, it’s doing zooming on the laptop in the yard.

Krista
          Duchess

Hi Grace, As I was mentioning to Amanda, Sandy is very much starting to fit in.  She makes friends easily with everyone she meets.  And she has a lovely smile.  Oh and she just jumped on my bed to have another nap as I’m typing this note.  We just love her little husky howls – “arroo” when she is telling us she either wants food or to go outside.  Paige used to sit at the front window watching the world go by and barking at everything that moved. Sandy also sits at the front window but rarely ever barks which is wonderful. But then again, Paige was much, much older and maybe she was just being a cranky old lady.Thanks so much for asking. Have a lovely end of the week and weekend.  Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Krista sweetie,
        OH absolutely the first question how has the gorgeous Sandy adapted to her new surroundings?.
        People often forget that experiences are just as traumatic to animals as humans.
        Better still does her new owners “Cut the mustard” as we say over here.
        Extremely glad to read that you yourself are not participating in zoomies around the yard.
        Well enjoy your walks, and naps too sweetie. Ps love the name you picked too, ta ta sweetie love to all, hugs to Sandy,
        Lol Amanda xx

Krista
          Duchess

Hi Amanda, Well Sandy is settling in quite well, thank you very much.  For the first few days, she slept on her dog bed on the floor in my bedroom.  But a few nights ago, as she felt more comfortable she jumped on my bed and slept with me.  And she hasn’t stopped since.  She is sleeping on my bed right now as I’m typing. We had a lovely brisk walk this morning, it was 4 celsius. Brrr.  And we both had lovely breakfasts so I’m ready for a nap too.  But I’ll stay awake – it is laundry day for me (after my wife gets out from her lengthy shower).   Oh, I hear her stirring in the kitchen.  Gotta run.  Sandy says Hello.  Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hi Krista,
            Thank you for letting me know, that really beautiful that she felt comfortable and safe enough to make that first move. That trust and bond is slowly being built both ways.
            It’s a beautiful thing you and your wife have done.
            Lol Amanda xx hug to Sandy

Well yes and no.  I don’t have a dog.  Allergies are a big reason, and I don’t want the responsibility in case I want to sleep in late or get home late.

However, my company has incentives for walking a certain number of steps per day, and if I am not in the office (either weekend, day off, or working from home) I need to take a walk in order to reach my step goals.  And it didn’t take me long to convince myself that if I am going to (in essence) get paid to walk, I’m going to do it en femme.

On work days I may walk around a trail on the property, or use the treadmill or elliptical if the weather is bad.  At home I’ll also use a treadmill if the weather is bad.  But most days I can find a time to get in my walks, even without a dog to accompany me.

Anonymous

Good morning ms Burton.

I had a Jack Russel who reached a fine old age….wonderful companion, such fun…something in me died when he passed.

Alzheimer’s in dogs, gosh, never knew or realised they could get it. thinking back, there would be instances when it could have applied…

When i threw a stick for the twentieth time, and he just stood and looked at me….had he forgotten what a stick was???

or whenever the weather was bad, had he forgotten what ” walkies ” meant??..

.or even when he spat out a semi chewed shoe….totally slipped his mind that it was not food??….gosh, the more i think about it…….

Here boy…here boy …HERE BOY!!!!…..

Grace x

Anonymous

Hi Grace sweetie,
        Gosh sounds like it was a much loved dog. Hope the post hasn’t upset you with your memories, and apologies if it has. ❤️Amanda xx

Anonymous

Nooooo… remembering him makes me smile….thanks xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

It’s a happy medium for me. I don’t have a dog, it doesn’t quite fit my lifestyle, but there’s two different dogs that I look after now and again when their owners shoot off for a while, or even just to borrow for a walk. If I’m out with one, it’s guaranteed I’ll have more friendly social exchanges with other walkers than when I’m out alone. Dogs are good for you, even if part time!

Marti xxx

I love both dogs and walks. I unfortunately can’t have  a dog due to my living condition, but I still try my best to get in regular walks around the area. It is actually how I made the most progress in my weight loss journey just regular hour long walks around the block. Made great progress!

Anonymous

Hi Jenny,
        Well done sweetie congratulations, keep up the exercise.
        Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Your welcome sweetie, happy and healthy walkies xx

Anonymous

Nothing like good country fresh air Lisa, and a beautiful walk too.
      Amanda xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?