- November 20, 2020 at 6:44 pm #408930Jennifer WalkerParticipantRegistered On: September 11, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 89Has thanked: 420 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
I try my best to walk in a feminine way in heels on the flat, trying to keep as much of a lady like manner as I can, but walking down stairs in heels creates a very unfeminine look as I try to avoid falling over and killing myself. What is the best way to descend a staircase as an elegant alive woman?
- November 23, 2020 at 7:25 am #409755Sophie SummersDuchessRegistered On: March 16, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 41Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
Some great advise here I recently did a video on Deportment and forgot to cover this aspect, funny enough I was asked to do an update covering walking up/down stairs along with putting heels on correctly…. Do you think it is worth making a video covering these aspects?
- November 21, 2020 at 5:39 pm #409231
- November 20, 2020 at 9:58 pm #408961Carolyne ShermanBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 317Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 950 times
Definitely follow Sutekina’s advice, step down a little sideways or diagonal. You almost cross the upper foot over the lower as you step down. Also using the handrail and using smaller steps with good posture helps. Be very careful to not catch the heel on that stupid metal or rubber cuff on the edge of the step by lifting the upper foot slightly as you begin your step down. And last but not least… don’t practice this after the 2nd glass of wine, or more. Good luck!
- November 20, 2020 at 9:16 pm #408957SutekinaLadyRegistered On: January 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 77Has thanked: 1268 timesBeen thanked: 241 times
- November 20, 2020 at 7:36 pm #408941Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Super advice. It’s so easy to do the guy walk. Should I try to keep my legs close together and slow it all down? I feel I have a natural feeling to do the opposite
Close together works…and YES slow and easy until you start finding your balance.
Try to go for keeping your feet and knees pointed straight in front of you. Some girls can be bow – legged, or pidgeon toed…so try and go for close to straight in front.
Dont try and do the runway model thing for a while…where they walk a line putting one foot in front of the other…like a sobriety test…depending on how your built, it may not work well.
xo – Robyn
My pleasure! 😁
- November 20, 2020 at 7:00 pm #408932Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Watch women the next time you can…you’ll notice that ladies hold onto the rail to give little more balance. If your tall, going up and down stairs you need a shorter step than in “guy” mode. Also take your time.
You dont want to catch your heels on the step, so a little pick up and tiny kick out as you step down.
On a flat floor in heels, its heel to toe, when stairs are involved its more a clop. That means bringing down heel and toe at the same time.
The thinner and taller the heel, the shorter your step/stride has to be.
** Almost forgot ** Stand and walk very upright. Looks better. Dont “guy” schlump! LOL!!
xo – Robyn 👠👠🤗
- This reply was modified 2 months ago by Robyn Devine.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.