Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

October 2 is Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Day.  Not always easy for many of us.  Finding larger size shoes that fit can be a challenge.  Or finding the colors we’d like, again in larger sizes isn’t always possible.

And some have weak ankles so walking is quite a challenge in those heels.  But some adapt well to the high heel heights.  You are indeed fortunate.

That reminds me of the races run in heels!  Oh, the blisters.

Alice

Anonymous

At my height, adding heels might not be such a good idea. But I do love the look of classic black pumps, and want to own a pair!

I don’t know about racing in them, and unlike the girls in all those scary movies, I’d like to think I’d have the sense to remove them if something was chasing me! 🙂

Hi Dianne,

Some on CDH have commented they are 6’2” or taller and love wearing high heels.  They need to duck at the doorway.

Let’s you don’t have to remember to remove your heels  if someone was chasing you.

Alice

Anonymous

That’s my height, 6’2″

Hi Alice they look so nice on your feet under a cute dress mine are not so hard to find lucky i guess a size 11 womens heel fits perfect .. But heigth of heel is a problem as 3 and under work fine any taller and i wobble and not a cute wobble im telling you  so love to wear them ..

Stephanie Bass

I am very short so walking in heels make me feel sooooo empowered.

I am lucky, in that I wear a women’s size 9, or 10, depending on the manufacturer.
      I haven’t had any issue, wearing 3-4 inch heels, (knock on wood), and do every evening.
      As far as wearing them out, shopping etc, I haven’t had the nerve yet, but I do see quite a few professional women wearing them all the time, and so envy them.
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

Alice Black
        Duchess

Regine,

I have small feet too. I wear a size 10 – 101/2. I was out with some CDH girl friends a month ago and just wearing 2 inch pumps but had trouble keeping up with them in parking lot. They must have been more experienced in walking in heels.

Alice Black

Well, I haven’t had the opportunity to have the competition, yet, but I know I do walk slower, lol. I see some when out that are just racing along, and Know there is no way, I could.
          Hugs, Regi👸💖

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I love wearing heels and walk pretty good in them.

Hugs, Liara

I’m a bit lucky in that I have smaller feet and can usually find my size in heels.

Slowly getting better in them to the point where I can usually cook dinner in them without any mishaps. I’m not good with stairs though so I end up sounding like a horse clomping down them when I walk.

-Chloé

Anonymous

I’ve been very lucky in that I can fit in my wife’s and stepdaughter’s size 8s or 9s.  I got several cute pairs of 4-inch pumps from some shoes my stepdaughter was sending to a local charity before the box got picked up.  ❤️👠

I do okay  chunky heels and wedge  not  so  with  spik heels makes  me think about  driving

Well I have over 30 pairs of heels now and my wife can’t believe I walk better in them then most women in her office.  Lol.
      I always say practice makes perfect.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I think that my wife was a little irritated that I was able to stand right up in 4 inch heels and walk about…

I’ve been a hockey player for quite a while. You get used to balancing on a 3mm wide blade…heels aren’t that hard.

To be honest, the height CAN be uncomfortable if I’ve been out of them a while. The pressure on my toes depending on the shoe can be intense…

Practice practice practice…

Have fun!

XOXO

Rayna

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

“Walk a mile in her shoes”, that would be no problems for me as long as the shoe size is good. I wear US women size 10-12, euro 42-44 (dunno my male size :)) and a lot of my shopping is done on ali express where one can find size up to US women  20 and with free return it’s not that much of a risk.

I think when it comes to high heels it comes to practice, your body and the shoe (not necessary in that order). A bad shoe will hurt very fast and that no matter what heel height it is.

I started CD in heels and over the decades I guess I worked my way up so now I have no problems walking in 14cm (5.5″) heels. I have some 18cm heels and while I can move around in them I need a lot more practice with them before I can say I can walk in them.

I regularly take 5-6km walks in 10cm+ heels and my biggest issue is that stiletto heels wear out so fast. Yes, I can change the heel tip myself but I would have to do it after just one walk and that’s just to much work.
      I do have some non stiletto heels that I use but they won’t work once winter comes. Because of that I’m now looking for some chunky heel boots with at least 12cm (and of course no platform) that doesn’t cost too much.

/kt

Anonymous

I have found that low heels are my best bet.  Being that I am only 5’9″ keeps me low to the ground.

Shoe up.com has plus size heels! I have 4 pair from them. Very lovely heels really good customer service and affordable for my budget.

Thanks Debbie,

Some find it difficult to find heels in larger sizes so your suggestion is helpful.

Alice

I’ve been wearing five inch black patents with a closed toe, for many years now.They go well with anything , if it wasn’t for work getting in the way I would wear them all the time. As soon as I get home from work I’m straight into my heels and I can wear them all evening and find them as easy to walk in as a pair of slippers x

You’ve run a race in heels?

Alice, there used to be a one mile race in Central Park with heels. You would be surprised at how fast some of the lead women can be.

Diane

Hi Diane,

I have not.  Many cities do sponsor such a raise during Pride celebrations.

Alice

I’ve never had that much of a struggle with heels thankfully. I can wobble about, but I wobble a bit in normal shoes as well lol. Finding them was a struggle, but I have since then found a good number of websites that happen to stock shoes more in my size and I keep a collection of them bookmarked. I also have some flats I tend to wear more for going out given that I am already rather on the tall end of the spectrum.

I’m 6’1” so while I can walk comfortably in 4” heels I much prefer 2-3”. I’m thinking more elegant here not so much height (the bane of all six-footers). I’ve had a pair of 5” heels and while great looking I just felt less than elegant.

💋 Polly

I could never walk in shoes with heels over three inches. My ankles are very weak. I only wore high heeled shoes for pin up photos. If you are like me and feel like you will break your ankle in heels but still want to wear them get a pair of stylish boots with five inch heels. They provide enough ankle support to make walking much easier.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

I was dressed en femme at a wedding where we had a musical chairs scavenger hunt game. Let me tell you, you’ve never lived until you’ve ran in a dress and heels! Luckily I wore a pair of wedges, so a little easier on my soles.

I’ll admit, I biffed it a little after I’d had a little too much wine. Cut myself off after that.

Xoxo,

Dani

I love my heels. I am a size 9 or 10 depwnding on the brand.

My highest are 5.4 inches.  They took a bit to walk in.  Standing still is the hatfest part. My legs start to shake.

I practice every chance i get.  I  looking forward to the chance to wear them out.  Not quite right for Saturday errons.

Enjoy your heels.  But be kind to your feet.  Stregnthen and stretch them regularly.

Paula

size 14-15 depending of the brand, I’ve found several nice pairs at amazon, amazon essentials the brand is called. I prefer block heels because my yard are made of cobblestones and gravel, but I’m able to dance in stiletto heels.

My heels were always 2-3 inch and more on the practical side. I never understood the lure of 5″ stilettos. My wife had some taller heels (4″) she used to wear to swinger parties but she’d usually be holding on to me when she walked.
      I found walking in heels to be quite natural and I always loved loved LOVED the sound they make on a hard floor!

In my younger days I loved my 4″ heels but now at 60 not so much. I love my flats these days although I do have some heels 3″ max for certain occasions.

Just remember that it’s one foot in front of the other with the heels girls hee-hee

Jasmine
      Lady

I’ve been wearing heels for quite a long time started out with my mother’s 3-in platforms high heels then I found her 4-in knee length boots and I would wear those every chance I got and I got real good at wearing those then I started buying my own stuff and I started out with a 4 inch platform wedge and I’m going as far as wearing a 6-in platform boot with a 3 in platform and all of those instances I guess since I’ve been wearing them so long I’ve been able to walk more than a mile. I had one instance when I had went out of state with some friends of mines also crossdressers and we went to the beach in North Carolina walk the entire boardwalk all through the beach and just everywhere and by the time I was all said and done just off of rough estimate we had already walked a good 10 miles and my feet still feel fine I was in 5-in platforms

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>It wouldn’t help. I had weak ankles even when I was a bodybuilder and distance runner. It’s a moot point now anyway. I can’t wear any heels at all now. I have severe neuropathy in my feet and can only wear shoes with custom orthotics now.

I always liked boots far more than shoes and had 18 pairs at one time.

<script src=”moz-extension://a5db4fb3-7504-42a5-af80-56e622fefbfe/js/app.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?