- October 2, 2021 at 4:11 pm #551714Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5144Has thanked: 7327 timesBeen thanked: 13097 times
October 2 is Walk a Mile in Her Shoes Day. Not always easy for many of us. Finding larger size shoes that fit can be a challenge. Or finding the colors we’d like, again in larger sizes isn’t always possible.
And some have weak ankles so walking is quite a challenge in those heels. But some adapt well to the high heel heights. You are indeed fortunate.
That reminds me of the races run in heels! Oh, the blisters.
Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- May 24, 2022 at 5:47 am #647530Michelle IsgurlyLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 39Has thanked: 115 timesBeen thanked: 236 times
In my younger days I loved my 4″ heels but now at 60 not so much. I love my flats these days although I do have some heels 3″ max for certain occasions.
Just remember that it’s one foot in front of the other with the heels girls hee-hee
- May 24, 2022 at 5:26 am #647528Samantha Elizabeth AndrewsLadyRegistered On: November 21, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 29Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 118 times
My heels were always 2-3 inch and more on the practical side. I never understood the lure of 5″ stilettos. My wife had some taller heels (4″) she used to wear to swinger parties but she’d usually be holding on to me when she walked.
I found walking in heels to be quite natural and I always loved loved LOVED the sound they make on a hard floor!
- May 24, 2022 at 12:53 am #647514Clarissa CrossLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 122Has thanked: 877 timesBeen thanked: 475 times
size 14-15 depending of the brand, I’ve found several nice pairs at amazon, amazon essentials the brand is called. I prefer block heels because my yard are made of cobblestones and gravel, but I’m able to dance in stiletto heels.
- May 22, 2022 at 3:39 pm #647218Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 175Has thanked: 827 timesBeen thanked: 1097 times
I love my heels. I am a size 9 or 10 depwnding on the brand.
My highest are 5.4 inches. They took a bit to walk in. Standing still is the hatfest part. My legs start to shake.
I practice every chance i get. I looking forward to the chance to wear them out. Not quite right for Saturday errons.
Enjoy your heels. But be kind to your feet. Stregnthen and stretch them regularly.
- May 22, 2022 at 1:06 pm #647194Danielle MacGuffinLadyRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 180Has thanked: 421 timesBeen thanked: 721 times
I was dressed en femme at a wedding where we had a musical chairs scavenger hunt game. Let me tell you, you’ve never lived until you’ve ran in a dress and heels! Luckily I wore a pair of wedges, so a little easier on my soles.
I’ll admit, I biffed it a little after I’d had a little too much wine. Cut myself off after that.
- May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am #647164Barbie SatinRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 193Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
I could never walk in shoes with heels over three inches. My ankles are very weak. I only wore high heeled shoes for pin up photos. If you are like me and feel like you will break your ankle in heels but still want to wear them get a pair of stylish boots with five inch heels. They provide enough ankle support to make walking much easier.
- May 6, 2022 at 6:19 am #643448Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 932Has thanked: 1441 timesBeen thanked: 3195 times
I’m 6’1” so while I can walk comfortably in 4” heels I much prefer 2-3”. I’m thinking more elegant here not so much height (the bane of all six-footers). I’ve had a pair of 5” heels and while great looking I just felt less than elegant.
- May 5, 2022 at 6:06 am #643208Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 201Has thanked: 149 timesBeen thanked: 829 times
I’ve never had that much of a struggle with heels thankfully. I can wobble about, but I wobble a bit in normal shoes as well lol. Finding them was a struggle, but I have since then found a good number of websites that happen to stock shoes more in my size and I keep a collection of them bookmarked. I also have some flats I tend to wear more for going out given that I am already rather on the tall end of the spectrum.
- May 5, 2022 at 1:17 am #643194Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 1011Has thanked: 1788 timesBeen thanked: 3528 times
- May 5, 2022 at 3:13 pm #643309
- May 5, 2022 at 1:04 am #643193Penelope LaurenLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 90Has thanked: 59 timesBeen thanked: 160 times
I’ve been wearing five inch black patents with a closed toe, for many years now.They go well with anything , if it wasn’t for work getting in the way I would wear them all the time. As soon as I get home from work I’m straight into my heels and I can wear them all evening and find them as easy to walk in as a pair of slippers x
- October 5, 2021 at 8:04 am #553056Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 144Has thanked: 928 timesBeen thanked: 811 times
- October 5, 2021 at 7:44 am #553047Stephenie DerickBaronessRegistered On: July 9, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 158Has thanked: 1681 timesBeen thanked: 623 times
- October 4, 2021 at 11:31 am #552576Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 452Has thanked: 609 timesBeen thanked: 2017 times
“Walk a mile in her shoes”, that would be no problems for me as long as the shoe size is good. I wear US women size 10-12, euro 42-44 (dunno my male size :)) and a lot of my shopping is done on ali express where one can find size up to US women 20 and with free return it’s not that much of a risk.
I think when it comes to high heels it comes to practice, your body and the shoe (not necessary in that order). A bad shoe will hurt very fast and that no matter what heel height it is.
I started CD in heels and over the decades I guess I worked my way up so now I have no problems walking in 14cm (5.5″) heels. I have some 18cm heels and while I can move around in them I need a lot more practice with them before I can say I can walk in them.
I regularly take 5-6km walks in 10cm+ heels and my biggest issue is that stiletto heels wear out so fast. Yes, I can change the heel tip myself but I would have to do it after just one walk and that’s just to much work.
I do have some non stiletto heels that I use but they won’t work once winter comes. Because of that I’m now looking for some chunky heel boots with at least 12cm (and of course no platform) that doesn’t cost too much.
- October 4, 2021 at 11:14 am #552569Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 424Has thanked: 560 timesBeen thanked: 1494 times
I think that my wife was a little irritated that I was able to stand right up in 4 inch heels and walk about…
I’ve been a hockey player for quite a while. You get used to balancing on a 3mm wide blade…heels aren’t that hard.
To be honest, the height CAN be uncomfortable if I’ve been out of them a while. The pressure on my toes depending on the shoe can be intense…
Practice practice practice…
- May 5, 2022 at 6:17 am #643212Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 932Has thanked: 1441 timesBeen thanked: 3195 times
- October 4, 2021 at 9:17 am #552491Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 515Has thanked: 1850 timesBeen thanked: 2446 times
Well I have over 30 pairs of heels now and my wife can’t believe I walk better in them then most women in her office. Lol.
I always say practice makes perfect.
- October 3, 2021 at 2:20 pm #552142Roni CalinLadyRegistered On: August 13, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 154Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 486 times
- October 3, 2021 at 1:35 pm #552132Raquel SmithLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2881 timesBeen thanked: 2677 times
I’ve been very lucky in that I can fit in my wife’s and stepdaughter’s size 8s or 9s. I got several cute pairs of 4-inch pumps from some shoes my stepdaughter was sending to a local charity before the box got picked up. ❤️👠
- October 3, 2021 at 1:26 pm #552124Chloé RianLadyRegistered On: September 4, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 74Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 375 times
I’m a bit lucky in that I have smaller feet and can usually find my size in heels.
Slowly getting better in them to the point where I can usually cook dinner in them without any mishaps. I’m not good with stairs though so I end up sounding like a horse clomping down them when I walk.
- October 3, 2021 at 10:22 am #552021
- October 3, 2021 at 3:31 am #551872Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1452Has thanked: 20371 timesBeen thanked: 6965 times
I am lucky, in that I wear a women’s size 9, or 10, depending on the manufacturer.
I haven’t had any issue, wearing 3-4 inch heels, (knock on wood), and do every evening.
As far as wearing them out, shopping etc, I haven’t had the nerve yet, but I do see quite a few professional women wearing them all the time, and so envy them.
- October 3, 2021 at 3:41 am #551878Alice BlackDuchessRegistered On: January 18, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 240Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 704 times
I have small feet too. I wear a size 10 – 101/2. I was out with some CDH girl friends a month ago and just wearing 2 inch pumps but had trouble keeping up with them in parking lot. They must have been more experienced in walking in heels.
- October 2, 2021 at 6:04 pm #551752Jade DanversRegistered On: March 22, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 16Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 179 times
- October 2, 2021 at 4:56 pm #551733Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3592Has thanked: 51824 timesBeen thanked: 12751 times
Hi Alice they look so nice on your feet under a cute dress mine are not so hard to find lucky i guess a size 11 womens heel fits perfect .. But heigth of heel is a problem as 3 and under work fine any taller and i wobble and not a cute wobble im telling you so love to wear them ..
- October 2, 2021 at 4:47 pm #551730AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
At my height, adding heels might not be such a good idea. But I do love the look of classic black pumps, and want to own a pair!
I don’t know about racing in them, and unlike the girls in all those scary movies, I’d like to think I’d have the sense to remove them if something was chasing me! 🙂
- October 2, 2021 at 4:56 pm #551732Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5144Has thanked: 7327 timesBeen thanked: 13097 times
Some on CDH have commented they are 6’2” or taller and love wearing high heels. They need to duck at the doorway.
Let’s you don’t have to remember to remove your heels if someone was chasing you.
- October 2, 2021 at 7:57 pm #551801
- May 22, 2022 at 12:21 pm #647181Barbie SatinRegistered On: May 15, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 193Has thanked: 443 timesBeen thanked: 657 times
I always liked boots far more than shoes and had 18 pairs at one time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.