Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello all you lovely ladies!!!!

If you haven’t seen the show “Ted Lasso” I highly recommend it. Two seasons on Apple Plus app and a third season coming next September I believe.

The show is about a U.S. College football(American) coach who gets hired to manage a professional football/soccer team in England. It just so happens he knows nothing about Soccer……. er…. Football …..

The show is well acted and very entertaining. Lots of funny bits interspaced with some real life issues and a healthy dose of Lasso optimism.

In one extremely memorable bit Lasso is playing darts agaisnt Rupert, the former owner of the team who apparently lost the team to his ex-wife in the Divorce.

—>>You know Rupert, guys have underestimated my entire life. And for years I never understood why. It used to really bother me. But then one day I was driving my little boy to school and I saw this quote from Walt Whitman painted on the wall there that said “Be curious. Not Judgmental.” I like that.

So I get back in my car and I’m driving to work and all of sudden it hits me. All them fellas who used to belittle me, not a single one of them was curious. You know, they thought they had everything figured out. So they judged everything. And they judged everyone. And I realized that their underestimating me, who I was had nothing to do with it. <<—

I think the theme of who you are having nothing to do with how others judge you is very powerful and I wanted to share it. Its a theme that keeps popping up in my life lately. Even here on CDH …….

Ted Lasso goes on to say a bit more but I won”t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it. It’s a freaking brilliant scene.

Side note…..

When I looked up the Walt Whitman quote…… Snopes says Walt Whitman never said it!!!

Have a wonderful day !!!!!

Hugs,

Autumn

Anonymous

I second the Ted Lasso recommendation. That scene in particular is fantastic! Even if it isn’t a Whitman quote, it does hit home as being a great philosophy on life and meeting people.

Football is life!

I love Ted Lasso! One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Ever!

I may have squealed when I heard there was going to be a third season.

“Be curious, not judgmental.” and “Be a goldfish”. Two great pieces of wisdom we should all try to live by.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?