- September 30, 2020 at 5:37 am #388804Katie PetersParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 27Has thanked: 157 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
So girls, how big is your wardrobe? Because mine seems to grow by the week 😂
- October 9, 2020 at 1:48 pm #392430MollyParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 232Has thanked: 1113 timesBeen thanked: 675 times
Hi Katie, mine’s so big my house may implode under the weight of clothes if I add much more 😅
Had such a vision of this… So many clothes that the gravity causes a localized blackhole imploding all matter in the vicinity to a singularity. Now that’s a wardrobe! (and reveals a geek)
- October 7, 2020 at 6:35 pm #391688
- October 5, 2020 at 11:34 am #390759Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 261Replies: 1396Has thanked: 6022 timesBeen thanked: 4825 times
- October 5, 2020 at 9:05 am #390712Krissi SParticipantRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 55Has thanked: 135 timesBeen thanked: 267 times
- October 5, 2020 at 8:35 am #390700DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 577Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1341 times
I’ve never counted the pieces in my wardrobe. However, I have one closet filled and items in 2 others. If they were all together, it would be about a stuffed 15ft. That covers blazers, suits, dresses, trousers, T-shirts, skirts, skorts and jeans. After responding to a shoe question the other week, I did get around to actually counting. That stands at 36 pairs. I rarely wear one of the two wigs that I have. I wear hats almost exclusively and there’s over a dozen. My jewelry and scarves are stored in a chest high armoire. It is about 75% full.
I do plan to be selling off some things in the near future as there are some clothing items that I never got around to wearing for various reasons or proved to be hard to coordinate and/or accessorize. I also have some shoes that have never been worn outside the house. I had a mild stroke 4 years ago and my balance is about 90% of what it was. The time has passed for those 4” heels…
- October 5, 2020 at 8:33 am #390699Joanne JacksonParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 47Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
Great topic. After years of binge-purge-binge again with my wardrobe it’s hard to say, but since work-from-home became my new normal its growing again (yay!). Will be picking up a new sleeveless shift dress from jcpenny on wednesday. Now looking for some nice black slacks and top to wear for a dinner date with the wife next weekend.
- October 5, 2020 at 7:01 am #390653Nancy GammsParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 11Replies: 180Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 371 times
5 skirts, 3 dresses, 2 button down tops, 2 turtlenecks, one sweater, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 bras, 1 body shaper, 1 nightgown, 1 set sink top & shorts pjs, about 10 panties, and 10 tights/pantyhose, 2 purses, 2 wigs, and assorted makeup and hair bands/clips
- October 4, 2020 at 7:20 am #390257rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 74Replies: 812Has thanked: 370 timesBeen thanked: 1405 times
I literally have about 50 – 60 pairs of jeans, (gurl jeans) that includes everything from skinny (my fav), to bell bottoms to capri length. (In fact trying something new today, but that’s another post).
5 pairs of booties (short boots), 2 pairs of gurl loafers (brown and black), and several pairs of womens flats that I have to keep hidden. (difficult)
Camisoles, panties, bras and tights, etc.
All of these items are in the “open”. The undergarments are somewhat covered by my guy stuff. Everything else if literally in the open.
I can only wear these items on the weekends 🙁 so I try to plan what I’m going to wear the night before and have things in a place where they are easy to grab. I do have to get up before my SO, hop in the shower, shave and dress in private.
- October 4, 2020 at 7:07 am #390240
- October 4, 2020 at 6:21 am #390227Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1336Has thanked: 929 timesBeen thanked: 3128 times
I have closets full of dresses and shoes and drawers full of pantyhose, panties, bras and lingerie. I really don’t need anymore clothes, but there always seem to be something I see that I can’t stop thinking about and must have. Needless to say, I get it.
- October 3, 2020 at 10:02 pm #390161Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 580Has thanked: 992 timesBeen thanked: 2025 times
Because I live alone, I have 3 closets, the one in my bedroom is a walk-in, 2 full dresser’s and 1 lingerie bureau (7 drawers tall, 18″ wide, 12″ front to back). Also a big hall closet with my coats, jackets and cardigan’s.
I’m in the process of moving my spring and summer things to the two smaller closets and bringing the fall and winter things into the walk-in. All of this carrying back and forth gives me the opportunity to donate to the local women’s shelter outlet. Which in turn gives me the room to add to everything with the sales that are going on. Talk about cause and effect. LOL.
- October 3, 2020 at 7:59 pm #390130Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1428Has thanked: 2313 timesBeen thanked: 4246 times
Now that you mention it, it IS a problem for me. My guy stuff has all been stored away or donated, my dresser drawers are full, my half of the closet has spilled over onto my wife’s side, and my shoes and shapewear has been moved to tthe small closet in the “bunny room” where my rabbits live. Bettylou’s coats and jackets have filled the hall closet. And, packrat that I am, I can’t stand to purge anything to make room for more. Not sure what’s next; perhaps storage boxes under the bed?
- October 4, 2020 at 12:23 am #390169Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 309Has thanked: 1822 timesBeen thanked: 1464 times
Bunnies in shape wear….probably an image that will stay with me forever!!! Grace xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 3, 2020 at 4:30 pm #390060Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 237Has thanked: 2620 timesBeen thanked: 842 times
Well like any female I have banished the male space to the spare room, as you do, and now have run out of space again, trouble is I adore shopping, maybe a day out to Ikea then, or a frustrating day deciding what to send to the charity shop, trouble is I probably forget what I donated and buy it back. 🤦
- September 30, 2020 at 1:51 pm #388977Peggy Sue WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 203Has thanked: 779 timesBeen thanked: 775 times
Fear not, it is a girl thing, very normal for our girl wardrobes to grow in size weekly.
My male wardrobe has been stable for years and fits into two small dresser drawers, and I own two pairs of male shoes.
Our children are adults and out on their own, so my wife and I have the house to ourselves, two girls living in the same home, so much fun, girly stuff all over.
Weekly sales bring new clothes into the home, along with trips to Goodwill. Then, periodically, we have to conduct thinning out operations and donate stuff to Goodwill or homeless shelters.
So much fun being a girl!
- September 30, 2020 at 10:22 am #388901Roni CalinParticipantRegistered On: August 13, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 79Has thanked: 234 timesBeen thanked: 178 times
Yes my wardrobe is getting big and bigger but even yet I feel that if you have one demi skirt you have to have them all it goes the same way faux leather skirts to I have been eye balling a few lately that and a pretty stain maxi skirt too
- September 30, 2020 at 8:32 am #388859EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 433Has thanked: 2216 timesBeen thanked: 1090 times
Larger than my wife would have it, but smaller than I would have it. Large assortment of skirts of all lengths, warm weather tops, cool weather tops, shoes, workout clothes, shoes, etc, etc…… probably about 75% female clothes now. Not to mention underwear drawers, purses, and jewelry boxes. Little by little the percentage increases as I slowly make the switch to all female clothing. I haven’t worn men’s underwear, jeans, or sneakers for years now. I have to force myself to drive past the thrift stores where I get most of my things. I have a healthy preoccupation with sweaters this time of year. 🤷♀️👗👜👠👡
- September 30, 2020 at 8:27 am #388857Bianca EverdeneParticipantRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 15Replies: 527Has thanked: 1692 timesBeen thanked: 1753 times
Mine isn’t big enough!
Had some spare time recently so had a clear out. Thinned out the drab male side. I haven’t gained/lost weight all my adult life, and usually don’t like to discard perfectly good clothes. Over the years my collection of white/blue/grey/checked shirts just grew and grew. Removed half of them along with a lot of outdated trousers. Now much more room for my ‘Bianca’ collection.
- September 30, 2020 at 8:17 am #388855ParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 309Has thanked: 1822 timesBeen thanked: 1464 times
Mine is rapidly getting out of control…in fact I am thinking of getting a garden shed……to keep the drab in!!!!!…..I need the space…haha, Grace xx
- September 30, 2020 at 8:03 am #388849Jennifer LynnParticipantRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 69Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
I just went thru my closet yesterday and counted 86 dresses, 61 skirts, 45 pair of jean’s and slacks and 23 pair of leggings. It would take me a day to count the number of tops and blouses. And I have 4 swimsuits, 2 one piece and 2 two piece.
- September 30, 2020 at 7:59 am #388846BobbiParticipantRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 26Replies: 1444Has thanked: 1553 timesBeen thanked: 3345 times
- September 30, 2020 at 7:43 am #388835Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 371Has thanked: 996 timesBeen thanked: 1663 times
- September 30, 2020 at 1:20 pm #388964
- September 30, 2020 at 7:37 am #388831Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 306Has thanked: 1231 timesBeen thanked: 1027 times
- September 30, 2020 at 7:07 am #388828Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 566Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 1478 times
Don’t know for sure. At least 90 dresses and easily twice that number in tops and twice that number in skirts and leggings. Probably around 40-50 nightgowns with most having matching peignoirs. Far too many necklaces,bracelets,and earrings to even count and then there’s the panties,bras,slips,stockings etc. etc. The really fun part is going through my closets and finding a dress that I don’t remember ever buying. It’s like having something new.
- September 30, 2020 at 6:57 am #388825KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 228Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 748 times
Hi Katie, my closets are at the point where I can no longer buy anything new without first throwing something out. One closet is about 50-50 female male clothing. But the second large closet is more like 70-30 female clothing. Then there are the three very large chests of drawers. One is about 80-20 female, another is 90-10 female clothing and the third is about 50-50. And there is also a small chest of drawers that is about 70-30 male (but those male things are mostly androgynous). My wife knows as I don’t hide it from her. So it is good that we have separate bedrooms to fit all these clothes. Living in northern Canada I need outfits for three seasons: summer, winter, and spring/fall.
The advantage to my full closets is that I no longer buy any cheap female clothing I see but I can take more time. When I first started shopping for female clothes (I do the majority of my shopping in person), I never tried anything on; more of a “grab it and go” style of shopping. But now as I’ve become more comfortable shopping, trying things on, and also have a better understanding of sizes, it is much better. Clothes are good quality and more importantly fit me much better.
Good luck with your clothes shopping. Have fun and if you have questions, please post them here. Many of the ladies here are quite experienced shoppers. All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- September 30, 2020 at 6:38 am #388819Mary Ann SummersParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 90Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 637 times
Mine is WAY too big. I have 26 pairs of shoes, 9 pair of slacks, 5 cardigan sweaters, 7 pull over sweaters, countless blouses, 17 dresses, 8 dress suits and a wedding dress. Don’t know how many intimates and really don’t want to count them. I think it is time to sort through and see what is really necessary. But, the wedding dress is staying!!
- September 30, 2020 at 6:31 am #388817
- September 30, 2020 at 5:49 am #388806Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 261Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 935 times
Mine is quite large. I’m in the process of removing my summer wear and getting out cooler weather clothes. Putting away my sandals except for 2 or 3 pairs. Getting out my short boots and leggings to wear with my skirts. Going to miss my sleeveless tops till next summer.
- September 30, 2020 at 5:43 am #388805Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 235Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 796 times
Much to the chagrin of my wife, my wardrobe has already burst its seams. We had 2 closets redone with better storage space, and it is well past maxed out with Wendy’s clothing. I have several drawers full of shapewear, and a big plastic bin full of women’s one piece swimsuits which I can barely close now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.