• This topic has 61 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Araminta Purdy
    Participant
    Registered On: January 23, 2020
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 344

So, there is this thing called FaceApp which I really know nothing about. I can understand why one would use it just to envisage the potential but I feel uneasy about photos posted using it.

First of all I prefer to make judgements and evaluations based on my own perceptions, values and prejudices rather than that of some obscure programmer or worse, a team. Even worse it could be based on a database create from datamining to create a ‘normal’ (oh the horror) ‘consensus’ (of whom?) based on statistics as interpreted by a team.

I suppose its art.

But I prefer unedited and authentic features and I find that often the most fetching or endearing are those with those statistically anomalous features that not only makes them memorable but also accents those features of their character that makes them attractive.

Some cross-dressers, indeed some people, cannot be labeled as beautiful by any prevailing standards based on their features alone. (I think Eleanor Roosevelt was a gem but not always pretty.) These might be perceived as flaws. But I have seen many whose personality and skills radiate femininity so fully as to compensate and overwhelm any trivial thing such as these.

Ah well, everybody’s a critic!

Araminta.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 25

Physical beauty is fleeting, and in a few, non-existent. True beauty, however, is from within.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      MelanieElizabeth
      Lady
      Registered On: January 9, 2021
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 97

I think everyone is hiding whether they use faceapp or not. Gg included, There was a forum a week ago or so ago that kind of addressed this . The question was are you a cross dresser or playing dress up. Everyone wants to look good, using an app or a makeup brush is the same thing. Hidings faults and accentuating positive features via makeup is something every cder is trying to master. Personally I took a ton a pics of myself before posting any, I wanted to find the perfect one. Well that didn’t go as planned but I settled on a few. Started out by covering my eyes with glasses to hide myself and when I crossed that hurdle I posted one without. As a previous poster said I wanted people to have a face to associate with a name, I wasn’t overly pleased with it but it is what it is(beard stubble is a bitch). If cdh didn’t allow pics without a face or with faceapp there wouldn’t be many pictures posted at all. Being incognito is probably the biggest reason but vanity plays a part as well. How many times has a woman said let me put my face on first before going out. It’s very much the same for a lot of us cds.

Araminta Purdy
      Duchess

I probably should have emphasized that it was not so much the ethicality or artistry using FaceApp that I was musing about. After all, persona means ‘mask’ in the mode of the Grecian classical theatre and personalities are mask we wear in different settings.

That is why personality is modifiable. Apparently people with a range of adaptable personalities, like cross-dressers, are more psychology stable as they have that flexibility. Those with rigid, inflexible personalities have problems.

I was thinking more is the sense of the discussion of ‘passing’ where a concept of passing being authentic and socially acceptable (in a nice way).

In Art or Ethics, FaceApp may be valued as a marvellous tool showing possibilities and contributing to a persons confidence and sense of well-being. I think these are good things.

But I am barred from an honest commentary or even praise because I really do not know what to base my remarks on. The ‘beauty’ is a given, the artistry often is a subject left for another time and the moral issues I am not concerned about if nobody gets hurt.

Just makes me uneasy. And I have been fooled a couple of times. Makes me feel … well … foolish. Makes me not want to tell someone how wonderful I think they look because I am not even sure if I am regarding a real person let alone personality. Kind of how I felt when I found out that the ladies prominent in a magazine were extensively air-brushed. (Long, long, even longer ago.) I was just about to look for more ‘authentic’ ladies at the time so my chagrin was short-lived.

So, is FaceApp good or bad? I guess if you think it is bad, don’t use it. I am not sure I care that much one way or another. I just would like to see the face behind the mask. But then I am a horrible snoop.

Araminta.

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Sa•man•tha
        Managing Ambassador
        Registered On: January 21, 2018
        Topics: 465
        Replies: 1804

After all, persona means ‘mask’ in the mode of the Grecian classical theatre and personalities are mask we wear in different settings.

And we take them out and show ourselves when everyone has gone…

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Topics: 51
      Replies: 1093

Araminta.

Oh my goodness…

reading all these posts…..

Is this the scariest thought….ever!!!!

If all the girls on here who use faceapp/avatars/ etc are not real, and all the girls on here who use make up ( me!!) are not real….

That means G.G.’s who nearly always wear makeup sometime or another are not real either….

Which means men that dont crossdress are the only real people on the planet!!!!!

Now that is very very worrying.

Smiles, Fake grace ❤️❤️

Laura Lovett
        Lady
        Registered On: March 26, 2020
        Topics: 13
        Replies: 1090

Surely it’s women who don’t wear makeup that are the only real people, by that reasoning, Grace?

After all, men are just women with some added “Y” to hide behind.

Fake women. No child bearing bits, just add-ons… like a bushy growth around the mouth and chin, to…, to…., tooo…. catch food in?

In other words, “Y” men? Like, at all?

Does that make “X” men realler than “XY” men?

Help!

Love Laura

Sa•man•tha
        Managing Ambassador

That’s a terrifying thought… specially since we all know better 🤯

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 2000

1008 likes

You look Beautiful dahling… 🥰

Gen ❤

Thank you, Gen; so do you – only so much younger.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Gabriela Inamor
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 11, 2021
      Replies: 115

Hi Araminta.

I too can understand why people may post a software enhanced photo of themselves either as their profile pic or the public pics. However, things that I have an issue with are:

People posting/using photographs of others different than themselves and pretending that it is really them.
      People posting/using software enhanced (Either by FaceApp or any other app) and saying that it is how they really look.
      People posting/using photographs of them wearing a mask or a breast plate and saying that is how they really look.

Using the apps is a cool way to get an idea of how you would be able to look (or how you would have looked had you been born a cis-female). The privacy concern is also very valid, not an issue.

Trying to fool everybody and then taking compliments for posting pics when you know that is NOT the way you look, that beats me. I guess getting compliments for their fake pics is good for their fake ego? Where are the claims of “I do this because I want to be able to really be myself”?

Those who post in their profile saying they are 5’2″ tall, but then in their photos you can tell they are closer to 6’2″ instead, or how they are deeply closeted but their pics show them looking like beautiful females? Yes, it is possible… but really, we can tell… Sooner or later, they get busted. (Many people already know). Too bad that by then they may have already discouraged others who are truthful and let people know their pics are “enhanced”, or worse, discourage others who would like to show their face and feel they will never be up to par with all the “beautiful pics” of a lot of people in CDH.

Gabriela

Sa•man•tha
        Managing Ambassador

Yes, yes!!  And this is the whole thing of it.  We want you to be real here.  Family friendly yes, but real!

Before I even joined CDH, I spent awhile browsing the public photo page.. and I said, “how can I do that, I want that!!”  This is what’s inspirational to people, making it work in real life.  Fake pix & stories are a turn off.  This is supposed to be a support site, so how are phony pix supportive??  The real thing is so much better!!

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 89

It was once a view that a camera doesn’t lie. Oh how things have changed.

It is quite understandable how someone here wants to present an avatar or a photo on the site. It is a case of anonymity and has to be respected. 

The search for the perfect look is an individual goal and quite diverse too. There are those that are happy to dress in some or all of the female attire and present just as they are.

The use of Faceapp is quite a tool to see yourself as a beautiful woman. I doubt if it would ever be set up to show anything but. The use on this site is how one would like to be seen. I can’t see anything wrong with it unless it is used as a deception for nefarious means. It’s a respect we should always afford.

I do like Lauras application of the App and how the makeover showed how it was possible to get that look. Genius!

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Araminta Purdy
        Duchess

Respect! Right on, Angela. Very important.

Araminta.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      MelanieElizabeth
      Lady
      Registered On: January 9, 2021
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 97

I don’t get the stigma. I think people should post whatever they are comfortable with. This site should be about all of us coming together and supporting each other. If the site puts a note on a  picture I think that’s ok, the poster is still sharing something with the group that they feel is comfortable with. What makes this place great is the diversity and acceptance for all.(cross dressers, trans, young and old etc)  At the end of the day this is a judgement free zone so everyone should just post what they want.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Rozalyne Richards
      Lady
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 532

I would use a graceapp if i could but i think they are reserved for Grace, i would use a FaceApp just to satisfy my own curiosity and see if the woman on the outside matched the woman on the inside, I’ve often wondered what i would look like in full makeup xxxxx

Hugs Rozalyne x

Clara Cross
      Lady
      Registered On: December 7, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 225

I think Clara needs a different kind of app.  Something called FaceAft.  Only takes a picture of my best side.

Bottoms up,

Clara

Clara Cross
      Lady
      Registered On: December 7, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 225

I know we’ve been down this road before but it is an intriguing topic.  There is not one sentiment posted here that is not totally valid. I understand and respect all the different perspectives.

When I come to CDH, it is filled with real people to whom I have taken a real fondness. Although I’ve never met you IRL, I can and do imagine each of you not just from your pics or profile but from the thoughts and ideas you post. Your genuine-ness shines through.

And like all of you, a particular post might prompt me to look further into your profile and public pics. I often feel a sense of disappointment when I notice the incongruity of the image in my mind with a posted face app image. You may notice I don’t post public pics so you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt ( privacy issues). I admire those who put their real selves out there. It makes me feel even more like I know the real you!

my two cents, or a tuppence and a bob,

Clara

Stevie Steiner
      Ambassador
      Registered On: June 11, 2020
      Topics: 47
      Replies: 1100

This topic will always have its pros and cons to it.  I understand the need of it for some girls but, as I’ve said before, I’ll never use it.  I spent my entire life hiding myself from the world and I’m sick of it!!  I didn’t join just to keep hiding, I don’t even hide behind make up often (tho maybe I should).  I came here to be me and so I could start accepting and loving myself.  I do not want to look at my profile picture and see some stranger – theres enough bullshit in life.  I’m humble enough with my feelings to know I’m no gorgeous supermodel, and that’s just fine with me.  I’d much rather be an average looking real me than a beautiful fake me.

It’s like that Roger Daltry song says ” can you see the real me? ”  well, I want the world to see the real me.  That’s the goal I’m working towards and it should start here. 🙂

Simple Stevie

Genevïéve
        Lady
        Registered On: July 28, 2020
        Topics: 26
        Replies: 1041

Stevie Steiner said:

I don’t even hide behind make up often (tho maybe I should).”

Was thinking the same thing Stevie… Most women (GG or otherwise) wear makeup… Makeup is a ‘Mask’… it ‘alters’ the face to give a ‘false’ representation of the person wearing it.

‘CDH’… as many have Preached… is Not a Pick Up site. If not a dating, or pick up site then what is the issue? Who cares if we wear a ‘Mask’, or modify it with an online App, or use an avatar.

Isn’t it a tad hypocritical for a CD/TG to say we wish society would accept us for us? To let us be ourselves to dress and do as we please without judgment, harassment, shaming, or ridicule ??? Yet those that wish to make themselves a bit more presentable (in their eyes) as makeup does, by using FaceApp… they get ridiculed by certain peeps for doing so ???

Isn’t this supposed to be a ‘non-judgmental’ community ?

Peace and Love…

Gen

Sa•man•tha
          Managing Ambassador

Here is the difference.
          When i put on makeup, it still looks like me, just with color on my face. It didnt take 30 years off my age or change the shape of any of my facial features. This is what i look like when i leave the house, & when people meet me.  And I fought for that.

Prior to the pandemic, I spent a lot of time encouraging gals to step out & explore the world authentically.  That my dear is one thing that CDH is about.  Is faceapp authentic?  Does non-judgemental mean you’re ok with anything?

Gen, you yourself recently received some encouragement from ol’ Sam.  I couldn’t have offered you that the way I did with a faceapp pic.

You can receive compliments, praise & encouragement on your real presentation, or…not your real presentation.  You can learn how to do makeup & be comfortable with your fem look and step out, or you can click a button.  The choice is yours, but I want you to be comfortable with your real self & put yourself out into the world.  ❤

Amelia Love
            Lady
            Registered On: March 4, 2021
            Topics: 2
            Replies: 57

Sam;

I admire your courage to be who you want to be outside the walls that contain many of us. I get that using an app to create something of oneself that is entirely fabricated does not sit well and I understand that. Do you feel the same about someone who has taken their picture, added makeup and hair perhaps because that’s all they have. If I had makeup I would emulate the makeup from the pictures I have seen that I like the look of. Isn’t that how almost every GD or GG has learned to do makeup. Now I sure as hell wouldn’t do nearly as good a job but then the other option would be to pay someone to do it for me and I could look exactly like the picture I desired to look like. And hopefully adding hair wouldn’t be a problem because I’m sure if I posted a pic without any hair because I own none of my own or purchased any to this point. I would really be uncomfortable with it. So it is not 100% genuine, but it is still me. The makeup is not mine, but it is still me. When I joined here last week I sat a couple of days without a picture because of feeling uncomfortable. After participating in the goings on here I felt comfortable enough to post an image that represented my likeness with makeup just as all of us girls would like to be able to present with real makeup. I felt owed something to the kindness I had already received not to hide behind the factory setting avatar. It still scares me to have even that there because I still see drab me and am terrified that someone else could find it but I have bit the bullet and done it nonetheless.
            I guess I could have just left the image blank, but now there’s another forum post where someone says they do not trust when people come and don’t have a pic suggesting lurkers or whatnot. I get that none of this was aimed at any one particular person and certainly not myself directly (I hope lol) but i am one example of someone who has used an app (I think perfect365 and another for the hair) and may feel a certain level of intolerance being directed in their direction. It feels like some think that if you cant walk out the door the way you are then stay in the corner and do not less us see you.

This was not just aimed at you Sam its just where I read to before I felt I had a few thoughts and feelings of my own from a different perspective that I wanted to address before I forgot what I was thinking… I do that more and more as I get older… interrupt and forget. The teachers in grade one said I was easily distracted. I think little has changed.

Hugs Amelia 🎀

PS I want to be comfortable with the real me and venture outside too. I am just a long ways away from that still and I envy that you are there.

Genevïéve
            Lady

Love your profile pic Sam… You look gorgeous dahling… 🥰

Love,

Gen ❤

Sa•man•tha
            Managing Ambassador

Awh shux lol thanks Gen ❤ I love yours too.  You’re a pretty gal.  I’m happy to know what you really look like.  And when you step out the door looking like your pic you know what I mean dear.  We both fought for this, and it’s a rewarding thing. 😘

stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 146
      Replies: 1951

The woman I see behind/inside my face is not the same as the masculinised one that is reflected back at me ( half the time I look like Bilbo Baggins in a blonde wig.)  Sometimes,  often when I am not trying, I catch a glimpse of my female face shining through, usually when I am relaxed and smiling and feeling particularly girly.  Imagination is a wonderful thing! But is it imagination?  I like to think that my self-perception,  visual cortex , and female-wired brain get together as a  neural “Stephapp”(idea pinched from Grace)  and have the ability to project the woman trapped behind the mask.

I understand why some girls want to protect their privacy. I believe that profile pics are in the public domain.  I don’t want to be recognised, which is also why I have no public pics, but have no problem with my friends (and I am very selective!) seeing my private ones. My current profile pic – at a little distance – makes it difficult to identify me, and strangely, makes me look as I feel inside.

Stephanie P.

Grace Scarlett
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 16, 2021
      Replies: 1093

Good morning Araminta…

Another interesting post.

I really do see the pros and cons, so i am not being judgemental…

Tara made some wonderful points.

Personally, i would never use it…grace is grace, honestly, you just have to take me or leave me…..your choice, but what you see is what you get….just call it “Graceapp”

all that money on clothes and make up i could have saved???

…my aunt fanny!!!!!… i would personally rather be the real deal in the real heels,

Grace xx.

Tara Jeane
      Lady
      Registered On: December 12, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 155

I posted this in early January….I’m always honest that my avatar image is FaceApp. Being closeted, I’m just not comfortable with me real face being ‘out there’…even in as safe of a haven as this is.  Some of us just are not comfortable enough to show our ‘real’ selves and FaceApp gives us the ability to post photos of MOST of our feminine selves. I have yet to do that, because I’m still sceeered.

A FaceApp image is no different than a cute cartoon image for an avatar, so I don’t see any distinction between doing your avatar any way you like.

For those girls that are comfortable posting their ‘real’ selves, I say, BRAVO and KUDOS to you! We are all on the same journey, but some of us are 3 weeks in and some of us are 50+ years in. Someone 3 weeks in might be comfortable posting their ‘real’ self. Someone 50 years in, may not be, but FaceApp allows them to be more comfortable with themselves and for that, I say it is a GREAT thing.

You can’t expect everyone to be able to join the site, jump in and just say, here I am! Personally, I see it as more of a help (mentally) than a hinderance. Once we get beyond Covid and can start meeting one another in person, you won’t be able to FaceApp yourself in that environment, so it will be a moot point in the real world. I say go for it in the digital realm, if that’s what makes you happy….and isn’t THAT really what CDH is about?

<new part of the post>

All that being said, if someone wants to make a rule that no Faceapp images are allowed, then I will follow those rules and change to a cute cartoon avatar that fits my personality.  I do not draw this line in the sand.

BTW, Perfect365 is a really neat app that allows you to ‘try’ different kinds of makeup inside of the app.  It helps you find your colors without having to spend any money and you can do it live with your camera without having to upload any pictures.

*kisses* tara 🙂

PS I went ahead and changed my profile pic. Didn’t think it would make me sad, but it did. Anyway. Whatever. Moving on….

Genevïéve
        Lady

Tara Jeane wrote:

FaceApp allows them to be more comfortable with themselves and for that, I say it is a GREAT thing.”

I say go for it in the digital realm, if that’s what makes you happy….and isn’t THAT really what CDH is about?”

Exactly Tara… if a few FaceApp mods makes the user feel more comfortable with themselves… then so be it.

I really don’t understand why anyone would get their knickers in a knot over someone using a FA modified image… 🤷‍♀️

Just my .05… (Canada doesn’t have pennies anymore…)

Love,

Gen ❤

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Bridgette VonSmirff
        Lady
        Registered On: October 18, 2020
        Replies: 774

I say you have a perfectly valid point of view, and I support that. I didn’t mean that no one should use it, just that I won’t. That other app sounds like it might be fun for colors, and given the cost of makeup, might be worth while for experimentation.

B

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 2000

I totally agree, Araminta. I wish Bettylou had a prettier face, but the one I wear to go shopping is the real one, and it will have to do. I did download FaceApp to my celphone once, but I deleted it without ever using it.

Bridgette VonSmirff
      Lady
      Registered On: October 18, 2020
      Replies: 774

I haven’t used faceapp or whatever, as can be seen from my pic. I’m not out to many people, per se, but I go out and about, so it’s possible I might accidentally run into someone I know, so posting my picture here isn’t much different. To your point, I don’t want to see an “idealized” version of me that I then can’t attain, even as a goal, that’s just not how I want to operate. Different strokes, and all that!

Bridgette… just makeup and wig, no digitized alterations

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: June 26, 2019
      Replies: 268

I do not care for FaceApp photos.

Sa•man•tha
      Managing Ambassador

Same here Araminta.  I really wish people wouldn’t use it here.  I understand all the reasons why they do.  But I still wish they wouldn’t.

Marti
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: February 5, 2019
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 222

hi Araminta,

I can see where you’re coming from. I’m sure I could be quite beautiful if I faceapp’ed. And so could everybody But it’s not real life.

However, if you live in a forum, why not? It’s playtime.

Me, I’m planning for the end of lockdown, and hopefully saying hello in person to one or two of the people here that I’d like to know better. And *if* they agree to it, they deserve at least one honest image of me, or none at all.

Marti x

Genevïéve
        Lady

Marti wrote:

I can see where you’re coming from. I’m sure I could be quite beautiful if I faceapp’ed. And so could everybody But it’s not real life.”

Yeah… one could be ‘quite beautiful’ wearing makeup also… many, many girls do… Makeup is a Mask… therefore ‘not real life‘ as well…

Love,

Gen ❤

Marti
          Baroness - Annual

Hi Gen,

I was trying to explain my reservations about living in a digital world and living in the real world. If I never intended to leave the boundaries of this forum then I might use faceapp, but I’m hoping for a journey post lockdown that involves other people, and I just don’t feel right projecting a faceapp image as me. That’s just my take on it.

Mind you, with my make up skills, it might take me a while to surface!

Marti x

Kathleen 60454
      Lady
      Registered On: January 8, 2020
      Topics: 44
      Replies: 412

I agree Atsminta, I totally despise and dislike these types of facial apps. I want to see what people look like. This is one reason why I have an orchid as my profiles photo. I need to get my hair cut and a professionally face make over before I post the real me.

Kathleen

Laura Lovett
        Lady

Hi Kathleen

One could make the case that having a professional makeup is to change what you really look like.

Same with Faceapp.

One of my public photos is very clearly labelled as Faceapp. The other two are very clearly not FaceApped. I am not a hider.

It’s a wonderful tool for seeing potential in your look.

With contouring and attention to detail, its possible to get close.

I had a pro makeover, then applied Faceapp and went back, asking, basically, if she could make me look like that image.

As my profile picture shows, she did an amazing job.

Still not 100% convincing, but close enough to look feminine.

My FaceApped picture is now my ideal, what I am honing my own makeup skills (such as they are!) towards.

It’s also a good way to avoid recognition, if you think about it.

Many CDs don’t want to be recognised online…

Love Laura

Diana Morgan
          Lady
          Registered On: February 22, 2021
          Topics: 7
          Replies: 573

Exactly right Laura, I am not interested in posting a photo of myself even here and so I chose an avatar which is clearly a cartoon and therefore won’t deceive anyone ha ha!

Sexy redhead Diana…..  (I Wish)

hoto

Araminta Purdy
          Duchess

Actually I am not sure about avoiding recognition. I noticed that, almost immediately after FaceApp became a thing facial recognition programmes started becoming highly prevalent. A paranoid person might think that a photo of the actual face was culled for the database that created these programmes. They must have acquired the relevant images from some place to make facial recognition even moderately useful. Think about how long before a useful fingerprint identification system could develop. Now such systems might only take months if everyone is taking full-frontal, close-up photos of their faces and transmitting them back.

But as I say, I know nothing about it and surely these people are honest, upright ethical persons who would never do anything so despicable just for money. Would they?

As to cosmetics and even cosmetic surgery, these are, as much of gender is, collections of artistic skills, refined sensibilities, the develop of a specialize aesthetics and the creation of symbolic elements related to gender. When Any Warhol used photocopying and similar mechanical techniques there was a debate as to whether what he did was Art. But what he did was use now tools and created new techniques with an eye to produce emotive and decorative results; therefore art. Clicking a button can be an art form, but Andy decided what the results should be not some faceless stranger in a laboratory far, far away.

But your point is still valid. Making a value judgement on such issues is more of a personal assessment. By the way, Kathleen, I think you are quite lovely from what I can see.

Araminta.

Arminta.

Laura Lovett
            Lady

Well the images I upload to Faceapp are all of me dolled up to the 9’s – so good luck to anyone trying to use the original for recognition!

I only feminise my already feminised face – as I said, I use it to look for next steps.

Love Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Kathleen 60454
          Lady
          Registered On: January 8, 2020
          Topics: 44
          Replies: 412

Interesting prospective Laura. I never looked at it that way. I would still like to get a professional makeover and have a couple of high resolution photos taken so I could work off of them and have them for my profile photos on CD sites.

Kathleen

Laura Lovett
            Lady

Do so, Kathleen, but make sure you have plenty of tissues to hand!

Both times I had a makeover I cried with joy at the results!

Love Laura

Laura Lovett
      Lady

No one means all they say – and few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous. (John Webster).

The trouble with words is colloquial meanings, learned and assumed meanings, contexts both voluntarily and involuntarily placed on specific words, giving spin in a positive or negative direction.

I am happy with the Merriam Webster definitions, but will happily play with words, and aim for the most joyful spin.

Like I assume everything said to me when I am out en femme is meant positively, even if it clearly isn’t.

For example, if someone asks if you a bro or a ho, then the positive spin is that they felt they had to ask.

Always turn the frown upside down, no matter how long it takes.

Love Laura

Laura Lovett
      Lady

I have not used the “H” word in this thread – you’re totally misreading me, hun.

I’m making the implausible connection that all men are fake women, or rather, women with add-ons, because that is how biology works. The humour lies in the malicious, self-effacing twisting of the X Y logic gates. Which is what nature does, of course. She gets the last laugh, she always does!

It’s very interesting to me that you hold such a strong view on the “h” word, but we’re divided into those who can afford to CD as a lifestyle, and those who grab precious, sometimes stolen, fragments of time in which to take a taste of our dreams.

So to some of us, it cannot be total self-fulfilment, just a part-time escape into a different world.

As Merriam Webster says: A pursuit outside one’s regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation

Love Laura

Araminta Purdy
      Duchess

I have seen the word ‘hobby’ used before with mixed and slightly acrimonious results. Generally it was agreed that ‘hobby’, while likely meant to ameliorate the negative perceptions concerning cross-dressing entertain by the uninitiated, it was probably not the best term to apply. ‘Avocation’, possibly, less in the sense of a pastime but more as a serious pursuit apart from one’s career or employment.

Of course, for many, this is a need even a necessity so that term may be inadequate. I can’t think of le mot juste at this time.

Araminta.

Diana Morgan
      Lady

Don’t worry Donna we’ll all chip in and buy you out .

Diana Morgan
      Lady

O f course just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you …….

Marti
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Donna,

I think the FaceApp / russian link has been a bit hyped. But why worry about the russians? – they’re not coming after you.

Marti x

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account